• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Fidget

Started by KnyeGuy, July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

Mr. Fidget

Thanks for your kind words. As usual the guessing is not a very accurate appraisal of the current situation.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 28, 2014, 03:14:57 PM
This was the largest chain sculpture so far...
[attachimg=1]

Here's one of my figits - I turned mine into something useful

[attachimg=1]

eddie dean

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 28, 2014, 01:37:24 PM
   How to get a fidget for yourself:
Call a bike shop, ask if they have one speed bike chain trimmings from replacing chains, two roller links & one pinlink. Ask if you can buy one. They will likely not charge much... if at all.
   Then attach both ends to a one inch keyring.
[attachimg=1]
Tada!

Mr. Fidget
ps. I get that you don't get it, got it? Good.

That seems pretty simple to assemble. Do you solder or weld the more complex fidgets?

RcCle

The thread reads like a manifesto...just saying.

But seriously, what do the bike chains do again?

Mr. Fidget

This is what I call my bicycle.
[attachimg=1]
I can ride it no-handed figure eights, with a coffee balanced on my head.

Mr. Fidget

ps. All but one of my designs have never been soldered, welded or glued. They are mainly all pressure-fit.
pps. The dynamic mobius nobody noticed in the "grok it" post has a cable glued together in an electrical connector inside.

jazmunda

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 28, 2014, 01:59:42 PM
And now, a Mr. Fidget nuance... The knockoff fidgetland guy, Mr. Burns & I met early on when I found his site googling fidgets. We did not talk after that meeting, he was an executive at a Hefner subsidiary.
   We reconnected briefly when Sam Simon of bart & lisa fame had met him before me, and then found out he had copied me.
   If the story of my "business development" was cut and dry, who knows what could have happened.
   This whole saga, in spite of all of your best efforts to trivialize it, bears directly to the point, as I said to Sam "My story sheds a poor light on the system, so I'm stuck."

Mr. Fidget
ps. Seriously... Burns, simpsons... to qoute Art directly in this matter "It's all a little much for me." and he was right about that.

Sam Simon of The Simpsons? Must be where they got the idea for the Monorail episode.

http://youtu.be/wJ5CbLnSjo0

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: RcCle on May 28, 2014, 04:29:37 PM
The thread reads like a manifesto...just saying.

But seriously, what do the bike chains do again?
Manifesto
For other uses, see Manifesto (disambiguation).
A manifesto is a published verbal declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer, be it an individual, group, political party or government.[1][2][3][4] A manifesto usually accepts a previously published opinion or public consensus and/or promotes a new idea with prescriptive notions for carrying out changes the author believes should be made. It often is political or artistic in nature, but may present an individual's life stance. Manifestos relating to religious belief are generally referred to as creeds.

I'm not sure. The good news is my agenda is not that complex, I just want fidgeting on the "can do" list as an option, and in the long term I think history will back me up on this.

Mr. Fidget

McPhallus

This guy is fucking hopeless.  I'm done with him.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: jazmunda on May 28, 2014, 04:54:15 PM
Sam Simon of The Simpsons? Must be where they got the idea for the Monorail episode.

http://youtu.be/wJ5CbLnSjo0
I don't know if there is a correlation, I doubt it. Sam was not running the Simpsons when we met. I do know that if he had not asked how I got into cutting mat board, he never would have known I was the real Mr. Fidget. By that time the pain of reliving the story for every question had weighed on me and I seldom mentioned it.

Mr. Fidget

ps. The round things in the "grok it" post are tops that spin a surprisingly long time on the ball bearings, producing the "bicycle wheel" optical illusion of retrograde, at multiple depth levels. If you stare at it while spinning for a minute and look away, it looks like the world has a vortex at your line of sight.

jazmunda

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 28, 2014, 05:23:13 PM
   I don't know if there is a correlation, I doubt it. Sam was not running the Simpsons when we met. I do know that if he had not asked how I got into cutting mat board, he never would have known I was the real Mr. Fidget. By that time the pain of reliving the story for every question had weighed on me and I seldom mentioned it.

Mr. Fidget

ManiacMatt

Mr. Fidget, I think you should get on Shark Tank.  You would be great on that show.

Maniac Matt

Jackstar

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: ManiacMatt on May 28, 2014, 05:32:53 PM
Mr. Fidget, I think you should get on Shark Tank.  You would be great on that show.

Maniac Matt
Thanks, and if you didn't know they have a great free book on audible:
"Shark Tank : Jump start your business"
It's very good, I enjoyed it a lot. After all the sharks in this tank I'm sure it would be a cakewalk. ;)

Mr. Fidget

coaster

Quote from: jazmunda on May 28, 2014, 04:54:15 PM

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 28, 2014, 05:23:13 PM

/facepalm

Catsmile

Just like Beaker, every project going wrong. Always some conspiracy.
With lots of memememe.

Meanwhile...

Muppet Show - Muppet Labs - Beaker Gets Multiplied

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Catsmile on May 28, 2014, 06:02:11 PM
Just like Beaker, every project going wrong. Always some conspiracy.
With lots of memememe.

Meanwhile...

Muppet Show - Muppet Labs - Beaker Gets Multiplied
Beaker was a Muppet. He had the hand of a performer (or two I think actually) making his antics.
   I'm a real living breathing human being, not a puppet.
   Ya got a Beaker fan out here, and I guess I'm flattered you made the comparison, just to piss you off. ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 28, 2014, 06:41:06 PM

I'm a real living
You call this 'living'?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Jackstar on May 28, 2014, 06:47:50 PM
You call this 'living'?

How amazing. I mean wow, tell ya' what, an out of left field chemical drug use assertion?
   Good news! Just like nothing I wrote above can be proven untrue, because it is true, what you just insinuated can't be proven to be true, because it isn't!

Mr. Fidget
ps. I could cut back on the java, I'll give you that.

Jackstar

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 28, 2014, 07:18:14 PM
an out of left field chemical drug use assertion?

It's cool, mang. You know me: I don't judge.

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 28, 2014, 07:18:14 PM
ps. I could cut back on the java, I'll give you that.
I am calling it, right here.

b_dubb

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 27, 2014, 07:53:44 AM
   Think what you will people, I do not need any of your approval.
And yet you can't stop

Jackstar

Quote from: b_dubb on May 28, 2014, 07:43:27 PM
And yet you can't stop
Interventions: now brought to you by TaintCoâ,,¢, ®

b_dubb

Quote from: Jackstar on May 28, 2014, 07:46:55 PM
Interventions: now brought to you by TaintCoâ,,¢, ®

Taintco's patented blunt trauma therapy device - the Jiggler - prevents OCD behaviors by eliminating brain activity.  May cause contusions, internal bleeding, amnesia, paralysis and death.

They deleted the scene where surgeons reattach Bond's balls

Jackstar

Quote from: b_dubb on May 28, 2014, 07:51:08 PM
parrallysis

Revolutionary breakthrough in spell-check technology, coming soon--only from TaintCoâ,,¢, ®.

Mr. Fidget

Wouldn't you know it... another Mr. Fidget nuance... when I did get the documents, and was able to understand what they said I did, it was clear what happened.
   There were three guards there, and when I talked to the one I thought was not busy (his arms were crossed watching the others search a girls bag 8-10 feet away) he explained what the sign meant to me, and I repeated it back to be sure. More about this in the book. One of the other two guards thought he was enforcing the policy telling me to obey the sign, and my response had been a challenge, but it was not. I had an open palm, and I gestured to the the bike rack and said "look you moron, I need to get my bike." in the reports they say "I raised my hand with a clenched fist, and yelled "fuck you morons". He yelled and ordered me off the property, from the 8-10 ft. position. I said I'd go, but I needed my bike, he yelled and ordered me to go while charging up, grappling me and throwing me to the ground with the other guards.

So they had to find a way to make the ticket issuable, but un-appearable on because they knew there were witnesses who had come after and had seen.... seen me clearly not with a clenched fist, aggravated I could not get my bike, but not physically aggressive.
   Thats what the statements show. Then the guards getting the simply signed ticket from the cop, filled out the date 6/24/70 a nice crossed seven, with big ol' goose egg zero's, in four date locations. Thereby suppressing it most likely, and protecting their jobs, and employer.

Mr. Fidget
ps. I rarely say the word moron, but the situation was moronically exasperating. Yes I know I got beat up by a moron, who I had told as much, which made him prove it! Kinda like a regular day at the office around here. ;)

aldousburbank

I don't like TV
But this thread is making me
Want to watch one drunk

coaster

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 28, 2014, 08:14:36 PM
  blah blah blah something that happened nearly twenty years ago and I still cry over it
fixed

Catsmile

You can always spot it...

Mr. Fidget

Surprised to see you kind folks made it all the way back to that thread you say your done with. :)
Mr. Fidget
[attachimg=1]