• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151029 - Neil deGrasse Tyson - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 29, 2015, 04:28:00 PM

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 29, 2015, 10:20:53 PM
But the Dyson swarm has jumped to the top of the pile as the most likely known theoretical explanation.
Unfortunately, the new definition of "facts".

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: zmbabwe on October 29, 2015, 10:19:29 PM
Reddit is liberal?   I thought it was crazy paleoconservative/libertarian.

They're mostly young.  Ergo, they are generally more liberal.

trostol

But the Dyson swarm has jumped to the top of the pile as the most likely known theoretical explanation.

like he is saying..we just need more facts

Tyson is going to tell us all about what happens after we die.

I disagree. Everything is pointed there because of the possibility of it aliens more so than the whole unknown thing.

GravitySucks

So some civilization at least 1400 years ago built something that was thought up on earth 55 years ago? Postulate a magastructure all you want. Dyson spheres are a thought based on 1960s futuristic thinking. Not science

Designx

Right - basing that on intervals of light or the lack of light from a star. That's complete BS.

=Schlyder=

too bad he didn't apply that reasoning to the global warming idiocy he supports.

AppealPlay

Quote from: zmbabwe on October 29, 2015, 10:19:29 PM
Reddit is liberal?   I thought it was crazy paleoconservative/libertarian.

It's at least 80% infuriating liberals.

zmbabwe

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 29, 2015, 10:22:49 PM
They're mostly young.  Ergo, they are generally more liberal.

Young tech kids are much more libertarian than liberal. 

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on October 29, 2015, 10:23:09 PM
Tyson is going to tell us all about what happens after we die.
Because he knows. He's an expert. We must do what he say.

PrairieGhost

Hello everyone!

This should be a great show tonight with Neil and Art together. I don't remember if Neil has ever been a guest?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: zmbabwe on October 29, 2015, 10:24:02 PM
Young tech kids are much more libertarian than liberal.

Uh, you added the word "tech".  No one said the majority of Redditors are technical.

And being technical in and of itself is no immediate classification of libertarian.  There are tech people who are extremely conservative or liberal.

coaster

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 29, 2015, 10:23:44 PM
So some civilization at least 1400 years ago built something that was thought up on earth 55 years ago? Postulate a magastructure all you want. Dyson spheres are a thought based on 1960s futuristic thinking. Not science
This

trostol

only problem with that thinking is..just cause we recently though of it..doesn't mean, if aliens, they hadnt thought of it already..not that i think its aliens lol

trostol

Quote from: PrairieGhost on October 29, 2015, 10:24:27 PM
Hello everyone!

This should be a great show tonight with Neil and Art together. I don't remember if Neil has ever been a guest?

not with Art i do not believe

Juan Cena

WARNING: Sci-Fi Author has hacked your account!

El Kragen

Couldn't help but think of how Tyson was describing RCH's entire career as a "scientist"

Even though NDT is being defensive about it, he's far less annoying than Seth Sleestak.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 29, 2015, 10:26:09 PM
WARNING: Sci-Fi Author has hacked your account!

Haha yes long before they built dyson swarms they would have been consumed by nanobots.

AppealPlay

Quote from: TigerLily on October 29, 2015, 10:27:00 PM
Some people are NEVER happy here

I hate to say it but I agree with this one.  I know Tyson has a large following which is good for the show but I was hoping all of this week's shows would be spooky stuff.  But you know, Tyson is a big get which is what Art needs in the early days of his show.