• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Snowdoggie

Is there anything in Art's agreement precluding space warfare, i.e. taking down a satellite?  :D

ItsOver

Quote from: Snowdoggie on November 13, 2013, 12:39:18 PM
I wonder how much Elon Musk would charge to put up a pirate satellite for Art?

I respect SpaceX and Elon for what they've achieved and are trying to do.  Wouldn't it be cool if Art could eventually broadcast a show from Dragon or even the ISS?  Art no doubt still has his connection to Bigelow, too.  Come on, Art, go for it and go for it big!

georgesucks

I hope that Art comes back to the air, but I'm not expecting him coming back.

maren

Quote from: c337pilot on November 13, 2013, 01:00:49 PM
I hope that Art comes back to the air, but I'm not expecting him coming back.

It sounds as though now he's ready to actively pursue dismissing the non-compete.  If he's successful, I have no doubt he'll be streaming -- for free -- off his site.

The ball will be in the court's court. 

Queen

I think were going about this allllllll wrong.   We need to go to the horses head. If I am not mistaken the BIG shot behind getting C2C going was The BIG man himself.  Wonder if MR. BIG would be interested in throwing his money around and just obliterate c2c once and for all.

BIG man with BIG money.

If Art takes SiriusXM to court, but loses, wouldn't he have to cover their legal costs? That alone would probably make him think twice about pursuing any litigation

George Snorty proving again what is wrong with Corporate America. The average float to the top. Good job Snorty.

Queen

Quote from: ItsOver on November 13, 2013, 12:59:21 PM
I respect SpaceX and Elon for what they've achieved and are trying to do.  Wouldn't it be cool if Art could eventually broadcast a show from Dragon or even the ISS?  Art no doubt still has his connection to Bigelow, too.  Come on, Art, go for it and go for it big!

arggg beat me to it lol

Queen

I really wish Mr. BIG would buy the old catalog of C2C and Dreamland.  Higher some good people and get them all digitaly remastered and put them out for us.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: popple on November 13, 2013, 03:40:19 AM
MV what was that one last question you were going to ask Art?

by "question," i meant caller.  we had another caller on the line for him.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: ItsOver on November 13, 2013, 12:51:24 PM
I wonder if "good buddy" Dave is checking in to see if we've figured out why Art REALLY left Sirius?  Hey, Dave, did you send Art an email a couple weeks ago to clue him in on the good news about possibly sharing 104 with him?  You know he'd be thrilled to be the lead into your PremRat pile of crap.  Did that email get lost, too, Dave???

Honestly (on a purely business level...) I think this would have been a grand idea.

Indie 104 (from what I can tell) pretty much sucks as a channel. Adding C2C directly after DM would have surely brought some people to the channel who perhaps were not as familiar with Art and they would have caught the end of his show and hopefully tune in the next day.

Truth be told, Sirius really should have a "Paranormal" type channel for Talk Radio. DM, C2C, Red Ice and whatever other shows they could find all in one place- Many of us would listen in hopes of finding a cool new show in the genre.

I dont know- It makes total sense to me why having DM followed by C2C would have been good for both shows.

-Again though- Sadly, Art quit. Art has NO SHOW now. Art has no platform anymore.  Art has further eroded his chances of anyone taking a chance on investing in him even after the 2 years are up. Art has fans who now wouldnt give a dime to him and will ONLY listen to any Podcast (or whatever) he does if its 100% free (or a Pirated copy ...at this point.)

Art may be the best talk show host I have ever heard, but I have zero trust or faith in him.

This was a big chance. Art HAD returned. Sirius was bending over backword for him (I can provide links where he essentially says this...) Sirius promoted the Hell out of him , built him a Studio, put him on the Air and gave him a platform. many of us signed contracts and bought Radios to show our support. We got SIX WEEKS before Art DECIDED to quit.

-He wasnt forced.
-There was NO CONSPIRACY (you people readily say 'Government Conspiracies' do NOT exist...But Broadcasting ones (evidently) do. Sounds like misplaces paranoia or just plain excuse making.
-He willingly walked away from his obligations and that is the ONLY reason he does not have a show today (and probably is gone for good...We will see.)

-EVERYTHING came down to Art. The ball was 100% in HIS COURT.... Regardless of the reasons given, this all came down to Arts decision to quit .

Fuck me once...Shame on you. Fuck me twice...Shame on me.

Art returned (IMHO) ONLY to get back at C2C. NOT for his fans...Not for his legacy...But for his EGO. Had Art had MILLIONS of people tuning in and immediately started getting Howard Stern numbers- He would have stayed. Art thought he was coming back and the Seas would part as we fought to buy Radios and subscriptions in droves (...Take THAT COAST TO COAST)-

It didnt happen that way. Art realized he would never be in the same league as Coast again, and he quit rather than grow the show. Art wanted to be at the Top RIGHT from the start or he wasnt going to "play ball"... And honestly (flames incoming...) DM was NOT that good.

-I did alot of thinking about this and came to a conclusion. Art bell and C2C was a 'perfect Storm' which came at the exact right time and exact right circumstances. You can never have that again...Its gone. Explaining to people what was so 'magical' about C2C in its heyday is akin to explaining to my kids what Saturday morning used to mean (Cartoons at 6AM and eating cereal on the floor all day ...Until Golf came on.) when they have 24 hour Cartoon channels and would never set an alarm on a Saturday to watch anything...

The era is gone. The 'Magic' is gone...

DM was the same recycled content we have gotten for years- Content which can be found fuller right on You Tube and in posted lectures and presentations.

What I am trying to get at is this... Back in the day, I could hear Dr. Doom ONLY on Art bell (and boy was he a scary cat...)- Now 20 years later I have seen him fail again and again with his predictions and I can actually watch full lectures he has given and radio interviews of him ON DEMAND. He isnt scary anymore due to all the "fails" and I am not relegated to ONLY hear him on an Art Bell interview. The NET is filled with Dr. Doom stuff (including his debunkers.)

Things that were 'cutting edge' and 'new' information in the 1990s is now 'old hat'. You cannot GET that magic back. Every guess on ANY paranormal show can now be googled, scrutinized and totally checked out in full.

So...Great interviewer or not (and Art is the best...) all it takes is to listen to his EVP show on DM (which would have been stellar in the mid 1990s) and then realize you have not only heard it all before- But better and quicker. Listening to a 4 hour show for 20 or so EVPs isnt the same when we can listen to EVPs all day long at our leisure.

-How many of us were going to give $15/month for the same shit we have heard for 20 years? I mean, I did (really) but ONLY to support Art since I KNEW Satellite Radio was going to be a tough sell since its a dying medium... Honestly , based on the six weeks I would never had re-upped my sub next year...Not for streaming issues (I never streamed BTW so cannot comment there...) or "Cell Phone quality" (My Parents do not even own Landlines anymore- Who does?) etc...etc... But because this was turning into the same recycled guests and questions which I have heard all before (again and again and again...)

-Like I said, its like Saturday Morning cartoons no longer being relevent when there are 24/7 cartoon Channels.

Times changed.

Art should have stuck it out and attempted to work from the inside. He quit and he is done folks. Done...Just watch.

ThruTarmac

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 13, 2013, 01:27:12 PM
Honestly (on a purely business level...) I think this would have been a grand idea.

Indie 104 (from what I can tell) pretty much sucks as a channel. Adding C2C directly after DM would have surely brought some people to the channel who perhaps were not as familiar with Art and they would have caught the end of his show and hopefully tune in the next day.

Truth be told, Sirius really should have a "Paranormal" type channel for Talk Radio. DM, C2C, Red Ice and whatever other shows they could find all in one place- Many of us would listen in hopes of finding a cool new show in the genre.

I dont know- It makes total sense to me why having DM followed by C2C would have been good for both shows.

-Again though- Sadly, Art quit. Art has NO SHOW now. Art has no platform anymore.  Art has further eroded his chances of anyone taking a chance on investing in him even after the 2 years are up. Art has fans who now wouldnt give a dime to him and will ONLY listen to any Podcast (or whatever) he does if its 100% free (or a Pirated copy ...at this point.)

Art may be the best talk show host I have ever heard, but I have zero trust or faith in him.

This was a big chance. Art HAD returned. Sirius was bending over backword for him (I can provide links where he essentially says this...) Sirius promoted the Hell out of him , built him a Studio, put him on the Air and gave him a platform. many of us signed contracts and bought Radios to show our support. We got SIX WEEKS before Art DECIDED to quit.

-He wasnt forced.
-There was NO CONSPIRACY (you people readily say 'Government Conspiracies' do NOT exist...But Broadcasting ones (evidently) do. Sounds like misplaces paranoia or just plain excuse making.
-He willingly walked away from his obligations and that is the ONLY reason he does not have a show today (and probably is gone for good...We will see.)

-EVERYTHING came down to Art. The ball was 100% in HIS COURT.... Regardless of the reasons given, this all came down to Arts decision to quit .

Art returned (IMHO) ONLY to get back at C2C. NOT for his fans...Not for his legacy...But for his EGO. Had Art had MILLIONS of people tuning in and immediately started getting Howard Stern numbers- He would have stayed. Art thought he was coming back and the Seas would part as we fought to buy Radios and subscriptions in droves (...Take THAT COAST TO COAST)-

It didnt happen that way. Art realized he would never be in the same league as Coast again, and he quit rather than grow the show. Art wanted to be at the Top RIGHT from the start or he wasnt going to "play ball"... And honestly (flames incoming...) DM was NOT that good.

-I did alot of thinking about this and came to a conclusion. Art bell and C2C was a 'perfect Storm' which came at the exact right time and exact right circumstances. You can never have that again...Its gone. Explaining to people what was so 'magical' about C2C in its heyday is akin to explaining to my kids what Saturday morning used to mean (Cartoons at 6AM and eating cereal on the floor all day ...Until Golf came on.) when they have 24 hour Cartoon channels and would never set an alarm on a Saturday to watch anything...

DM was the same recycled content we have gotten for years- Content which can be found fuller right on You Tube and in posted lectures and presentations.

What I am trying to get at is this... Back in the day, I could hear Dr. Doom ONLY on Art bell (and boy was he a scary cat...)- Now 20 years later I have seen him fail again and again with his predictions and I can actually watch full lectures he has given and radio interviews of him ON DEMAND. He isnt scary anymore due to all the "fails" and I am not relegated to ONLY hear him on an Art Bell interview. The NET is filled with Dr. Doom stuff (including his debunkers.)

Things that were 'cutting edge' and 'new' information in the 1990s is now 'old hat'. You cannot GET that magic back. Every guess on ANY paranormal show can now be googled, scrutinized and totally checked out in full.

So...Great interviewer or not (and Art is the best...) all it takes is to listen to his EVP show on DM (which would have been stellar in the mid 1990s) and then realize you have not only heard it all before- But better and quicker. Listening to a 4 hour show for 20 or so EVPs isnt the same when we can listen to EVPs all day long at our leisure.

-How many of us were going to give $15/month for the same shit we have heard for 20 years? I mean, I did (really) but ONLY to support Art since I KNEW Satellite Radio was going to be a tough sell since its a dying medium... Honestly , based on the six weeks I would never had re-upped my sub next year...Not for streaming issues (I never streamed BTW so cannot comment there...) or "Cell Phone quality" (My Parents do not even own Landlines anymore- Who does?) etc...etc... But because this was turning into the same recycled guests and questions which I have heard all before (again and again and again...)

-Like I said, its like Saturday Morning cartoons no longer being relevent when there are 24/7 cartoon Channels.

Times changed.

Art should have stuck it out and attempted to work from the inside. He quit and he is done folks. Done...Just watch.

party pooper

DanTSX

Quote from: NIN2 on November 13, 2013, 01:14:43 PM
I really wish Mr. BIG would buy the old catalog of C2C and Dreamland.  Higher some good people and get them all digitaly remastered and put them out for us.

Wonder who owns the rights to dreamland and it's back catalog?

Anal probe weeber?

EarthAlien007

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 13, 2013, 04:47:48 AM
What I find strange is this... sNoory spends a lot of time on this Art Bell fan forum while he's working.
Here's the logs I posted from last night / this morning show times. I could have missed some too.

Last Active:  Today at 04:59:37 AM
Last Active:  Today at 04:08:17 AM
Last Active:  Today at 04:00:08 AM
Last Active:  Today at 03:58:54 AM
Last Active:  Today at 03:36:27 AM
Last Active:  Today at 03:04:13 AM
Last Active:  Today at 03:02:07 AM
Last Active:  Today at 02:00:54 AM
Last Active:  Today at 01:59:04 AM
Last Active:  Today at 12:20:35 AM
Last Active: 11:49:01 PM
Last Active:   Today at 11:26:05 PM

Quote from: DanTSX on November 13, 2013, 06:30:22 AM
Is he logging in and logging out each time?

It's when he was last "active". Seeing how he's a snake, and he pulled shit on that other forum, I'm seeing a pattern here. Why does he care so much about an ART BELL FAN FORUM?

What kind of business is this asshole conducting here?
Trying to divide the forum?

Gnoory
Last Active:   Today at 01:11:19 PM

DanTSX

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 13, 2013, 01:35:44 PM
It's when he was last "active". Seeing how he's a snake, and he pulled shit on that other forum, I'm seeing a pattern here. Why does he care so much about an ART BELL FAN FORUM?

Gnoory

Wonder what actions constitute "activity"?

Browsing?
Searching?
PM'ing?

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: ThruTarmac on November 13, 2013, 01:32:49 PM
party pooper
I am not the one who grabbed all the booze, kicked the stero over and stormed out because my demands were not met...

I am just the guy who gave someone a few hundred dollars to contribute to the Party I THOUGHT would last longer than it did..... :-[

DanTSX

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 13, 2013, 01:39:24 PM
I am not the one who grabbed all the booze, kicked the stero over and stormed out because my demands were not met...

I am just the guy who gave someone a few hundred dollars to contribute to the Party I THOUGHT would last longer than it did..... :-[

So this is equivalent to doing a burnout on the lawn?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: NIN2 on November 13, 2013, 01:08:41 PM
I think were going about this allllllll wrong.   We need to go to the horses head. If I am not mistaken the BIG shot behind getting C2C going was The BIG man himself.  Wonder if MR. BIG would be interested in throwing his money around and just obliterate c2c once and for all.

BIG man with BIG money.

You mean "Big Money" Grip Madlock?

b_dubb

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on November 13, 2013, 01:11:18 PM
George Snorty proving again what is wrong with Corporate America. The average float to the top. Good job Snorty.
you are confused. average rises to middle management. shit ... SHIT ... floats to the top

EarthAlien007

Quote from: DanTSX on November 13, 2013, 01:36:48 PM

Wonder what actions constitute "activity"?

Browsing?
Searching?
PM'ing?

Logging in and clicking while logged in.

indigoo

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 13, 2013, 01:35:44 PM

Gnoory

You're obsessed. Has me questioning things.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 13, 2013, 01:27:12 PM

-He wasnt forced.

Times changed.

Troll

Quote from: b_dubb on November 13, 2013, 01:46:41 PM
you are confused. average rises to middle management. shit ... SHIT ... floats to the top
flmao,

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 13, 2013, 01:39:24 PM

You are extremely annoying.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 13, 2013, 08:14:21 AM
I heard Art mention this bit last night, implying he'd been misled about SXM's international reach.  I know he got from calls around the world, including Australia, Finland, the PI, and the UK.  Seems like there was also a call or two from somewhere in Central or South America.  It's reasonable to assume those people overseas were able to get DM.

I must be missing something.  Could not anyone in the world with a smartphone or tablet and WiFi access have down loaded the SMX app and heard the show?  Where is the misrepresentation by SXM on this point?

I guess theoretically they could've got the stuttering internet stream from anywhere in the world but, technically, you can't have a radio-receiver account unless you're in the states or Canadia. I think this fact was misrepresented to art. It wouldn't be a problem, of course, if the stream wasn't shit and if people could afford radios en masse, but whateer.

Mais si les corbeaux, les vautours /  Un de ces matins disparaissent / Le soleil brillera toujours . . . 

tertiaryimam

Quote from: nucleargenocide on November 13, 2013, 02:01:32 PM
You are extremely annoying.

Hi Nuclear Genocide,

I played a few shows with a band called "Nucleic Genocide". Any relation?

Last I heard they bought some land out in Wyoming to farm Alpacas.

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2013, 01:26:46 PM
by "question," i meant caller.  we had another caller on the line for him.
I liked the podcast last night; great job.

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 13, 2013, 02:03:12 PM

Hi Nuclear Genocide,

I played a few shows with a band called "Nucleic Genocide". Any relation?

Last I heard they bought some land out in Wyoming to farm Alpacas.

Actually no I just thought this username was cool haha.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ben Shockley on November 13, 2013, 05:10:24 AM
will y'all still be hanging out under this named thread 1 month from now?
6 months?
3 years?

yes. Yes. YEEEEEES!!!!

Falkie2013

Quote from: indigoo on November 13, 2013, 08:34:15 AM
You need a TV show of some kind, any kind. Nice job!

Gosh.
I can see it now.
Beyond Disbelief.
With The Guy From Pittsburgh( tm ) and Tertiary Imam.

Just the title would irritate the hell out of Noory.
Maybe we could put it on HIS Gaia channel.

And I'm not sure having THAT comment on the upper right is a good thing or not.
It's all MV's fault.
AND Jazmunda's.
;)

I really forgot to baste the damn thing because I was trying to listen to the podcast and it kept dropping out. I've cooked turkeys for years and had never done that before.

And listening to Art talk is always riveting and kind of hypnotic.
:)