• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Chunga's "new and improved" GIS

Started by WOTR, October 08, 2013, 03:54:41 AM

lonevoice

Quote from: The General on October 08, 2013, 06:35:46 PM
Yeah, I totally agree though.  I wouldn't want to be Chumba today.
Just as Jeremy Meador must have been happy when Weeber replaced him on the naughty step, Weeber's gotta be happy to have Chumlee take his place today.  Soon enough it will be someone else's turn in the box, and Choomba can return to his glory days as an aging unknown DJ with bad hair.

WOTR

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 08, 2013, 07:09:44 PM
Chunga took something that is figuratively "held sacred" by many of us, and tainted it with lies. All he had to do was be honest and he'd have caught a lot less flak.

Too many of us have been listening for too long for a new guy to show up and feed us BS.
That is exactly it.  I listened to a lot of Chunga last night (DM, youtube and anything else I could find.)  He does seem like a fast talking salesman... but as another poster had mentioned, he is also intelligent and articulate.  If he would have come on, told the same story he told on that video and told us all how it changed his life and he joined the GIS I would have had no problem.  (Alright, the vicious, viscus critic in me may still have questioned the much improved EVP's, but I would have left it there.)

I suppose when you are pitching paranormal shows to networks you should always claim to have decades of experience...

DanTSX

Quote from: wotr1 on October 08, 2013, 10:02:49 PM
That is exactly it.  I listened to a lot of Chunga last night (DM, youtube and anything else I could find.)  He does seem like a fast talking salesman... but as another poster had mentioned, he is also intelligent and articulate.  If he would have come on, told the same story he told on that video and told us all how it changed his life and he joined the GIS I would have had no problem.  (Alright, the vicious, viscus critic in me may still have questioned the much improved EVP's, but I would have left it there.)

I suppose when you are pitching paranormal shows to networks you should always claim to have decades of experience...

and that is the story my friends…...

BattyBrooke

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 08, 2013, 07:09:44 PM
Chunga took something that is figuratively "held sacred" by many of us, and tainted it with lies. All he had to do was be honest and he'd have caught a lot less flak.

Too many of us have been listening for too long for a new guy to show up and feed us BS.

Can someone explained to me how Chunga was "dishonest"? Admittedly, I am only half way thorugh Monday night's show but several threads here seem to be shredding the guy and I am just wondering if there is something he specifically said or did. I truly enjoy the EVP shows and, so far, this one is creepy and enjoyable, so I am genuinely asking. Thanks guys!

Quote from: BattyBrooke on October 09, 2013, 12:48:10 PM
Can someone explained to me how Chunga was "dishonest"? Admittedly, I am only half way thorugh Monday night's show but several threads here seem to be shredding the guy and I am just wondering if there is something he specifically said or did. I truly enjoy the EVP shows and, so far, this one is creepy and enjoyable, so I am genuinely asking. Thanks guys!

He's never been mentioned before the beginning of this month, even going through webarchive snapshots of the website, yet he claims to have been there from the beginning.  He's inserted himself into previous EVPs that were introduced by Brendan and Barb without any mention of another GIS member being there.

Grov505th

Quote from: Sardondi on October 08, 2013, 02:16:55 PM
I know nothing more about Chunga than what I heard on last night's program (which I am listening to for the first time as I type this), and from what conclusions I draw from comments here.

1. I can absolutely believe there's nothing more to Barbara's absence on the program than the fact she's older now. Hey, I think she's in her 70's - perhaps older. Doesn't she live in Michigan or thereabouts? An Eastern Time Zone residence means she would have to hang in until 2:00 a.m. her time. Over the years I've never heard anything which makes me think she is in any way intentionally boycotting Art over George. All things must pass, and I can see that Barbara might want to slow down.

2. The statements by Brendan and Chunga to the contrary, I'm much less certain that GIS will remain a not-for-profit enterprise now. Chunga is a DJ. Perhaps he's doing this for the exposure with hopes he can parlay his participation in GIS into a job, paranormal related or otherwise. At least some kind of money deal. That's the whole insistence over being called "Chunga", which is a unique name, easily remembered, etc. This is perfectly fine, and I don't begrudge anyone making a living. I'm just a little uncomfortable if someone maintains they do what they do because they "love the work", or "for the kids", or for "the cause", etc. And I wonder if maybe the whole point of Art being equally insistent that he call Chunga "Jimmy" might have been his small way of saying that he doesn't like the quick shift in GIS's style - recall that Art in the past always made a big point out of the fact that GIS was purely non-profit, as he pointed out again tonight when he had them confirm they were not making any money. So maybe Art was trying to undermine Chunga's mission of exposure, if that's what it was.

3. Brendan is already struggling for control of GIS, at least as far as who is perceived as the public face/voice of GIS. IMO if only because of 14 years (or was it 22?) at the job, it should be Brendan who is the top banana. But Chunga is bulling his way in there and running all over Brendan. Not sure I like that, although so far - and I'm just in the first segment - Chunga is informative, articulate and intelligent.

Bottom line, changes are in store for GIS., and my guess is they're mostly about being a launching pad for Chunga.

Its almost like every group I have belonged to, the new guy comes in and tries to take over and rides roughshod over the old folks.
Usual one of three things happen: New guy ends up taking over and running into the ground or Group splits up, names change and sometimes gets better or the new guy gets thrown out.

I am hoping Chungholio gets the axe or learns to sit in the background.

ziznak

Yeah Tinkywinky (ha not even making it rhyme anymore) made some claims that new listeners might not catch or even think to check out.  It's kinda cool that Art requested a mix of new and old evps because had they all been new we would never had heard Ooompaloompa overstep his bounds and clearly LIE TO US.  I'm actually insulted that he would assume he was talking to the cat ladies in the modern coast crowd.

The guests need to know... This is Art fucking Bell god damnit... His fans are intelligent and no longer relegated to 56k connections and the 1990's internet.  We can sniff out BS almost as soon as it falls out of that anus you call a mouth.

I'm an Art fucking Bell cat lady... get it right douchebag

DanTSX

Quote from: ziznak on October 09, 2013, 03:04:11 PM
Yeah Tinkywinky (ha not even making it rhyme anymore) made some claims that new listeners might not catch or even think to check out.  It's kinda cool that Art requested a mix of new and old evps because had they all been new we would never had heard Ooompaloompa overstep his bounds and clearly LIE TO US.  I'm actually insulted that he would assume he was talking to the cat ladies in the modern coast crowd.

The guests need to know... This is Art fucking Bell god damnit... His fans are intelligent and no longer relegated to 56k connections and the 1990's internet.  We can sniff out BS almost as soon as it falls out of that anus you call a mouth.

I'm surprised that Art didn't question Chugatu Mbwamba over his understanding of radio when he was going into detail about the spiritbox scanning "the entire band"

What band?

The radio band Art!  88.1-108.

Oh you mean the FM Band?

Yeah the radio band.

RFspectrumfail

apparently the dead only use a very narrow part of the RF spectrum that we coincidentally use to tune into stupid top 40 drive time DJ's like Mutumbo Chumbawanga

PDXBellfan

Hey everyone,

I'm a long time Art listener, but I'm new to BellGab. I've heard GIS on Art's show many times, and last night it sounded extremely phony.

The thing that really stood out to me was the forced dialogue by Brendan on the recordings. They didn't sound authentic at all. Especially the one where the radio wasn't working. It sounded like he was reading the words off a piece of paper.

Another one that stood out to me was when the woman supposedly said, "that poor girl is going to be scared" or something along those lines. That sounded very fake to me.

I don't know if the recordings are fake or not, but there were a few that sounded very..... questionable. Paired with the emergence of Mr. Chunga, the absence of Barbara, and the obvious forced dialogue from Brendan and I think I can comfortably say that something is fishy.

onan

Quote from: PDXBellfan on October 10, 2013, 03:13:04 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm a long time Art listener, but I'm new to BellGab. I've heard GIS on Art's show many times, and last night it sounded extremely phony.

The thing that really stood out to me was the forced dialogue by Brendan on the recordings. They didn't sound authentic at all. Especially the one where the radio wasn't working. It sounded like he was reading the words off a piece of paper.

Another one that stood out to me was when the woman supposedly said, "that poor girl is going to be scared" or something along those lines. That sounded very fake to me.

I don't know if the recordings are fake or not, but there were a few that sounded very..... questionable. Paired with the emergence of Mr. Chunga, the absence of Barbara, and the obvious forced dialogue from Brendan and I think I can comfortably say that something is fishy.

Welcome to the zoo.

I have to say, just for the record, that the fumbling microphone EVP, what I think some people are also referring to as the "get out" EVP, is definitely an older GIS recording and not post-Chunga.

Falkie2013

Quote from: ziznak on October 09, 2013, 03:04:11 PM

When the Chupacabras come, what wine goes with Chumba ?

Art Bell cat lady ?
I can just see the tshirt, can't you ? ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Heather Wade

I didn't like Chunga because:

1.  He insisted on being called 'Chunga'.
2.  He attempted several times to speak ill of Barbara.
3.  He admitted he's a dj.
4.  His voice reminded me of a used car salesman.

He's a failed actor/morning-zoo shock jock doucher type trying to finagle his way to a basic cable ghost show.

goodbye mom and pop GIS, hello new Walmart GIS

MellonHead

Chunga is just a "jump on the Ghost Hunter bandwangon" huckster attempting to take over an existing group.

Easier to hijack an existing one than to form one from scratch.

GreyMoon

Chunga claims he has been a member of the GIS since 1999. He is a liar.  The GIS have mentioned many times how many are in the Group and how the group is closed to new members because they did not want to spoil the dynamic of the group. The group was Brendan and his wife, Barbara and her husband and one other man that I will need to go back and listen to a few shows to find out, but it certainly was not Chunga.  I have no idea why Art did not pick up on this.

All of the new EVPs on the show were supposedly sent in by other people and the rest were old ones heard on previous shows. Even some of the back stories to the EVPs were different.  They need to keep their stories straight.  I wish there was a way to contact Barbara and get her opinion of these horrible developments.

I am glad to see Art back though , even when he claims that hoaxer Steven Greer is his friend. 

EvB

Quote from: wotr1 on October 08, 2013, 12:32:20 PM

If he reports that one and gets it taken down I am sure that I can "find" a link to a MP4 or FLV download for people.

***I did not necessarily find him to be a sleazy little bastard until the disappearing video.  It tells me that he definitely has something he is trying to hide... Probably the fact that he admits to looking up the GIS after his experience rather than being a member since 1965... ::)  Perhaps the self-promoter should have thought about his claim of travelling the world for 22 years doing paranormal research prior to appearing on a television show where he tells a story that does not match the new version of reality he is trying to promote.

anyone still have this mp4?

WOTR

You will have to excuse me (particularly as I was the one who had originally posted that), but what was the link that you had wanted?  If it is the episode of the reality show he was on, I will PM you a link.  If it is the interview he did with the GIS, I will have to search a different computer...

Nevermind- I think it was the video where he admitted to looking them up- and I think the link is in the PM... It is harder to find now, so I don't want to post it here just to prevent it from disappearing completely... It is around the 12 minute mark where he "looked up Brandon" on the internet.

I forgot how much I disliked that jackass...

DanTSX

Wonder where Chunga is these days....

Probably dj'ing weddings

WOTR

Quote from: DanTSX on June 19, 2015, 10:08:25 AM
Wonder where Chunga is these days....

Probably dj'ing weddings
Chunga went and Churched himself.