• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Does anyone remember when George talked to himself in the future?

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, September 10, 2008, 07:02:07 PM

I was just thinking about the funniest, dumbest show I've ever heard George do. He apparently "spoke to his future self in another life" over the telephone lines. It was kind of like having himself as a guest, I suppose. But it was FULL of hilarious self-absorbed bullshit. My favorite part was when he got his birthday wrong when a caller called in to try and debunk his lameness, and he fucked up by one year - so after the break he explained it by saying "in this time, we don't count the first year of our lives"...or something to that effect. GOD I wish I had an MP3 of that show. It was so doofy.

EvB

I missed that one -

Then, there was the one where the "alien" called in, and said that he lived on Europa - but that they called it Tahiti Village.

Charles

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on September 10, 2008, 07:02:07 PM
I was just thinking about the funniest, dumbest show I've ever heard George do. He apparently "spoke to his future self in another life" over the telephone lines. It was kind of like having himself as a guest, I suppose. But it was FULL of hilarious self-absorbed bullshit. My favorite part was when he got his birthday wrong when a caller called in to try and debunk his lameness, and he fucked up by one year - so after the break he explained it by saying "in this time, we don't count the first year of our lives"...or something to that effect. GOD I wish I had an MP3 of that show. It was so doofy.

Noory's way of jumping the shark.

Quote from: Charles on September 10, 2008, 07:13:30 PM
Noory's way of jumping the shark.

Haha. Yeah, maybe ratings were low that quarter. I dunno. They'd have to be pretty low for me to do something that silly. But then again, that's me and not GN.

Spikegirl

I do remember that one. I think he spoke to himself as Dexter Monterrey, his 'future' self. That bit is right up there with the Dr Morgus "bit" where Noory punched Morgus in the face. It was of course, staged and very obviously so. It's like watching a really bad actor in a play and getting that slight nauseous feeling wash over you as you feel shame for him, for yourself to have to watch such a spectacle and ultimately shame for everyone in the room, since what binds all of you together is that painful moment, now forever frozen in time.

Frys Girl

Oh my god. How awkward and awful. He has got to be mentally ill to not understand what a disaster he is.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 10, 2008, 07:47:05 PM
Oh my god. How awkward and awful. He has got to be mentally ill to not understand what a disaster he is.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Give that girl a prize! LOL! :D

Frys Girl

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 10, 2008, 07:52:38 PM
Ding! Ding! Ding! Give that girl a prize! LOL! :D
And I do not mean that as slander either. In my opinion, there is no other possibility to explain a grown man broadcasting this badly.

Oh and such a "mental" condition, though it has never ever been proven to exist despite it's odd appearance in Snoory's act, could be a reason that premier cannot fire him. Snoory could sue them and us. Talk about new world order!

Charles

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 10, 2008, 08:21:55 PM
And I do not mean that as slander either. In my opinion, there is no other possibility for a grown man to broadcast this badly.

ROFL!!!!!!!  :D

Quote from: EvB on September 10, 2008, 07:07:51 PM
I missed that one -

Then, there was the one where the "alien" called in, and said that he lived on Europa - but that they called it Tahiti Village.
THAT is funny.

I'm surprised he can think on his feet like that.

It's funny, because in one of the shows he asked a guest if some of the C2C callers could be time-travelers from the future.  This puts that question into perspective.