A shot of the Hair of the Dog lip
2 (11.1%)
Mad Cow
8 (44.4%)
A preoccupation with himself
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 16

someguy

Seriously, does George Noory do the show drunk? I lay and bed and listen to him while I fall asleep, and he is always slurring his words and asking the same questions over and over. I've been listening to Coast to Coast for ages and Art Bell would keep me up all night. George Noory could have the most interesting guest ever and you'd still fall the fuck asleep.

<bleep>Sorry Someguy, but after i thought it over i decided that comment had to go. If you read more on this thread you'll see why.<  EvB

Charles

Frys Girl

Look I did the C2C chat last night. The guy is awful. I know it's tough to respond to everyone (90 ppl werein the chat), but his responses seemed automated. Maybe he doesn't really do the chats. He answered A LOT of questions pertaining to women, dating and other bullshit.

People asked him "snoory when were you convinced of the new world order?"
G: "I saw things unravel."

OH AND HE HAS A NEW BOOK COMING OUT......"wihin 6 months".

Then when I tuned in at the start of the show he was slurring his speech again. I think he takes a shot before he goes on the air, at least one.

EvB

He may take a shot - it also may be health related.  We know he has a hair lip - MV has pointed out "stroke mouth" a number of times. I'm not excusing his sloppiness - that's annoying as all hell!

I just don't think we know where the speech slurring comes from.  It could be any number of things. None of which make him a better host but, with a bit more effort and talent, wouldn't have to detract either.

danDNA

I'm sure when he was talking about Lyn Evans and the LHC he said "and he said he used to like to blow things up in...Welllshh" he meant Wales, Welsh is the language/people, so that is not a slurring or whatever, just plain ignorance and laziness. oh and he emphasized the 'shhh' on the end of 'Welsh' like a drunk.

my bad, this was covered in meegle's post. yes he is a joke. fer real.

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on September 10, 2008, 09:00:30 AM
He may take a shot - it also may be health related.  We know he has a hair lip - MV has pointed out "stroke mouth" a number of times. I'm not excusing his sloppiness - that's annoying as all hell!

I don't buy this alleged hair lip of his. Sounds like another fishy story from Snoory, the king of lies and half truths. How come that handsome actor (bad with names) whose picture you posted doesn't have a problem with his speech? I also knew someone in high school with a hair lip who didn't have any difficulties with speech.

Snoory is just a third rate hack who cannot speak or host a show to save his life. Mushed mouthedness aside, he cannot even handle hosting a live show when the phone lines are down. I listen to my fair share of talk radio and other radio hosts have had this problem in the past, and they just speak to the listening audience until the phone lines are back up. No problem. Unless you are a borderline-retarded, talentless hack like Snoory.

Charles

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 10, 2008, 12:32:38 PM
I don't buy this alleged hair lip of his. Sounds like another fishy story from Snoory, the king of lies and half truths. How come that handsome actor (bad with names) whose picture you posted doesn't have a problem with his speech? I also knew someone in high school with a hair lip who didn't have any difficulties with speech.

Snoory is just a third rate hack who cannot speak or host a show to save his life. Mushed mouthedness aside, he cannot even handle hosting a live show when the phone lines are down. I listen to my fair share of talk radio and other radio hosts have had this problem in the past, and they just speak to the listening audience until the phone lines are back up. No problem. Unless you are a borderline-retarded, talentless hack like Snoory.

AMEN!!!!!

I just want to interject a friendly, cautionary reminder here, in case the same thought crosses someone elses mind, or doesn't:

slander and/or libel = lawsuits.

I don't actually know what these words technically mean, but I think they should be mentioned in this thread.

EvB

Quote from: Art is the Best on September 10, 2008, 03:12:14 PM
I just want to interject a friendly, cautionary reminder here, in case the same thought crosses someone elses mind, or doesn't:

I don't actually know what these words technically mean, but I think they should be mentioned in this thread.

That got MY money!  And thank you.

Slander is something stated, that is untrue and that harms a person's reputation or causes them damage (emotional damage may count)

Libel is something written that is untrue that harms a person's reputation or causes them damage (emotional damage may count)

They both fall under defamation.

As we roll into major national elections and see or hear election ads,  it may seem that all bets are off.  But remember, some arenas get more license than others.

This can be subtle.  Consider the difference between: "EvB moderates while smoking crack" and "EvB moderates as if she's smoking crack."

Nuff said.

Quote from: Art is the Best on September 10, 2008, 03:12:14 PM

I was curious about this as well. Opining about Noory should be fine, but accusing him of something as if it's factual is different. Although, I'm no lawyer and I don't exactly know what the "line" is and how to 'cross" it.

Anyways, my opinion on this matter is..harelip aside, he *looks* like a regular drinker to me. Either that or he just really rarely sleeps or something.

EvB

QuoteHow come that handsome actor (bad with names) whose picture you posted doesn't have a problem with his speech?

Because everyone is different.

Please know, however, that my intention here is not to protect George, but to protect us.

EDIT
to add: I'm also aware, as I know you are, that we're not the only people on the web who would consider a commissioned troll for the sake of stirring up shit.  Some of those "trolls" may have more malicious intent than others

EvB

QuoteI listen to my fair share of talk radio and other radio hosts have had this problem in the past, and they just speak to the listening audience until the phone lines are back up.

Which Knapp is amazingly good at.  I'm impressed by how well he flies by the seat of his pants. Makes me wanna call just to say "well go YOU!"

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on September 10, 2008, 07:23:06 PM
Which Knapp is amazingly good at.  I'm impressed by how well he flies by the seat of his pants. Makes me wanna call just to say "well go YOU!"

It's been said before, and bears repeating--George Knapp is the rightful heir of Coast to Coast.

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 10, 2008, 07:31:35 PM
It's been said before, and bears repeating--George Knapp is the rightful heir of Coast to Coast.

I certainly wouldn't complain, but do you get the feeling he's just not interested?  Or do they all just practice that?  Ian sounds disinterested too (though expresses it differently)

Obviously they can't say "Oh hell yes, it Should have been MINE!

But still, there is some undertone there I'm not quite sure of. 

I do agree though - that Knapp would be the perfect choice for C2C - with Ian still as back up, of course. Ian & Marjory's Balanced Breakfast seems like a more full-time Ian gig to me, though I haven;t listened to it as much as C2C (too crazy busy in the morning to think of it!)

Frys Girl

Snoory reminds me of a kid who comes to class unprepared and acts confident because he wants to come off as intelligent and get points for participation. But, he comes off looking stupid and pitiful (snoory is beyond our pity now though).

I think he just likes to hang out in LA and go to the pools and act like a star. I don't think he's big into the topics at all, and his ramblings PROVE it.

EvB

Charles ~ that got my $, funny pic!

Cam ~  you're a trip, i voted! 

Frys Girl

great photoshop. i hate laws and slander/libel. bite me!

Lol, nice pic Charles. His head is properly bloated to fit his ego accordingly.  ;D

Oh, and I voted for "preoccupation with himself".

Spikegirl

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 10, 2008, 07:53:20 AM
Look I did the C2C chat last night. The guy is awful. I know it's tough to respond to everyone (90 ppl werein the chat), but his responses seemed automated. Maybe he doesn't really do the chats. He answered A LOT of questions pertaining to women, dating and other bullshit.

People asked him "snoory when were you convinced of the new world order?"
G: "I saw things unravel."

OH AND HE HAS A NEW BOOK COMING OUT......"wihin 6 months".

Then when I tuned in at the start of the show he was slurring his speech again. I think he takes a shot before he goes on the air, at least one.

I would absolutely LOVE to see a copy of that transcript. I'm sure he did answer a lot of questions on dating and women. His favorite subject, next to movies. He fancies himself a stud and must hate all womenkind for not seeing him the way he sees himself.

Say my name...bitch!

EvB

QuoteI would absolutely LOVE to see a copy of that transcript.

It isn't up yet, I looked.  I try again later.

Charles

Voted for Mad Cow ... Cuz he won't shut the hell up about it!!!!

Frys Girl

My dear Spikegirl,

Well wouldn't you know it? C2C chats can't be copied and pasted. THey don't even show up as text in the chat module. Figures... BUT I have some screen shots that I took of the unbelievably stupid shit Snoory said. It reminded me of the bot in our chat room. Really just like that. I'll go prepare them for postage here. I log in as Femme Fatale by the way....

I kept sending in questions like "George, how do you maintain your physique? What health advice do you have for your audience/admirers?" I never got an answer

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 11, 2008, 01:43:28 PM
I would absolutely LOVE to see a copy of that transcript. I'm sure he did answer a lot of questions on dating and women. His favorite subject, next to movies. He fancies himself a stud and must hate all womenkind for not seeing him the way he sees himself.

Say my name...bitch!
You asked for it stud!.  You say bitch. . .. .I say MUTT!  Go get a bone and fetchish!

EvB

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on September 12, 2008, 03:07:11 AM
You asked for it stud!.  You say bitch. . .. .I say MUTT!  Go get a bone and fetchish!

LOL  That's funny - $ for you.