• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Gender v. Age Identity

Started by Uncle Duke, June 19, 2019, 07:43:33 AM

Uncle Duke

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06/18/high-school-girl-who-lost-race-to-transgender-athletes-files-federal-complaint/

So if a 25 year old PhD age identifies as a 12 year old, should he/she be allowed to enter and win the National Spelling Bee?

Juan

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Juan on June 19, 2019, 11:47:48 AM
It’s racist to ask.

Guess I shouldn't ask about former C2C guest "Jason the Horse" being allowed to enter horse shows.

Jojo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 19, 2019, 07:43:33 AM
https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06/18/high-school-girl-who-lost-race-to-transgender-athletes-files-federal-complaint/

So if a 25 year old PhD age identifies as a 12 year old, should he/she be allowed to enter and win the National Spelling Bee?
Hilarious.  And the athlete has a good point.  With hormones, steroids, drugs, implants, and all that other fake-athlete stuff, I wish we could just get away from competitiveness and back into sportsmanship, for lack of a better word.

Juan

I thought that gender was a social construct and that a so called woman could do anything a so called man could do. If that’s the case, why have sex segregated athletics at all?

Jackstar

By definition, "gender" and "sex" are not the same thing. This failure of understanding is causing a lot of problems hilarity.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 19, 2019, 01:16:17 PM
Guess I shouldn't ask about former C2C guest "Jason the Horse" being allowed to enter horse shows.
I have Jason The Horse and two forms of Bellgabber Kevin, who was a Hybrid and would post photos, in a Trifecta at Saratoga tomorrow.   

There has always been deviants and crazy people. The only issue is now, for some reason, they want to "normalize" the behaviors.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on June 19, 2019, 03:47:24 PM
I thought that gender was a social construct and that a so called woman could do anything a so called man could do. If that’s the case, why have sex segregated athletics at all?
Because evil white men want to prop up the Western capitalist exploitative hegemony.

ItsOver

Sounds good to me.  I identify as a 23 year old dirty old man.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on June 19, 2019, 04:32:48 PM
Sounds good to me.  I identify as a 23 year old dirty old man.
Tomorrow after the race I'm "identifying" as a 20 year old co-ed and showering at the Kappa House. 

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2019, 04:34:45 PM
Tomorrow after the race I'm "identifying" as a 20 year old co-ed and showering at the Kappa House.

paladin1991

I dunno.  How's he hung?

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2019, 04:25:13 PM
Because evil white men want to prop up the Western capitalist exploitative hegemony.
It' always comes back to 'The Man.'
Here's an example of what I am talking about:
https://youtu.be/VPtPY5pTDJA

Uncle Duke

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 19, 2019, 05:09:02 PM
I dunno.  How's he hung?

Good question.  I don't think he gave Ian specifics about his junk, but he did say he got aroused by female horses. 

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 19, 2019, 05:23:46 PM
Good question.  I don't think he gave Ian specifics about his junk, but he did say he got aroused by female horses.
But NEVER acted on those urges, unlike Greasey, apparently.

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 19, 2019, 05:19:10 PM
It' always comes back to 'The Man.'
Here's an example of what I am talking about:
https://youtu.be/VPtPY5pTDJA
It is hard to believe because doesn't seem that long ago, but that kind of movie scene would not be made today. So "offensive" and could "trigger" people, even though satirical and pointing out the problems of stereotyping etc, at least in the director/writers minds. I consider stereotypes just a tool to be used in efficient heuristics and developed by experience, history, and data. 

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2019, 06:01:54 PM
It is hard to believe because doesn't seem that long ago, but that kind of movie scene would not be made today. So "offensive" and could "trigger" people, even though satirical and pointing out the problems of stereotyping etc, at least in the director/writers minds. I consider stereotypes just a tool to be used in efficient heuristics and developed by experience, history, and data.
It's all about the pussification of America.  And I blame 'The Man.'   Or maybe the Shriners.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2019, 06:01:54 PM
I was afraid that viewing this, and the twerking, might be upsetting, but it was hilarious and well-acted.  I hope that doesn't offend anyone - but, uh, I saw them there first  ::).

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on June 19, 2019, 03:47:24 PM
I'm a feminist & I never heard it that way.  Sex segregated athletics protect women!

Juan

Why do women need protecting if they are the equals of men, can do anything a man does, and gender is merely a social construct.

Jackstar

Quote from: Juan on June 20, 2019, 06:24:41 PM
Why do women need protecting if they are the equals of men, can do anything a man does, and gender is merely a social construct.

To be fair, men are pretty stupid too.

Robert

Quote from: Jackstar on June 19, 2019, 04:18:59 PMBy definition, "gender" and "sex" are not the same thing. This failure of understanding is causing a lot of problems hilarity.
That's true.  Gender is a worthless concept -- just something to make learning languages harder so once in a blue moon it makes a sentence easier to understand.

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on June 20, 2019, 06:24:41 PM
Your definition of equality is different.  Males could not survive without females to breed them.  Some people think men's egos need protecting more than women's.

Jackstar

Quote from: Robert on June 21, 2019, 12:11:15 AM
Gender is a worthless concept

There you go again--arguing like a girl.

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on June 21, 2019, 12:11:15 AM
That's true.  Gender is a worthless concept -- just something to make learning languages harder so once in a blue moon it makes a sentence easier to understand.
Do you think gender was more relevant in times past?

It concerns me that a boy would have to (nowadays) "change" his gender to like pink.  His own real role should accommodate that, although sadly it usually doesn't.  I remember when there was one toy department, not his and hers.

Isn't gender about roles?  Are roles even relevant anymore, when both genders work just to meet housing expenses?

You know all those women who complain their husbands don't do housework and are slobs?  I always wonder why the women don't just stop enabling it.  Let those kind of men live in a pigsty.  Merely making them face their own consequences (no clean flatware, no clean clothes) usually would be enough for most men to start doing the right thing.  If not, move him into the guest room, keep the master room and bath, get a fridge & microwave, and a lock.  Doesn't mean you can't sleep with him or cook in the main area when you want to.

I've noticed a lot of times men will think, "Oh, what's the harm in leaving the dishes until tomorrow," or things like that.  They don't realize it's difficult to make breakfast with the sink already being full.  What if she wants to rinse the fruit off, or use some of the dirty tools?  And by then, the food is hardened on, too.  Sometimes they don't realize that when one chore is delayed, it makes other chores a lot harder or impossible to do swiftly.  And, the chore do-er has to be swift if she's working FT.

Now, there are plenty of men who adult inside the house.  My dad had a lot of flaws, but he was super around the house.  He spent 4 years in the Air Force; maybe that had something to do with it.  I never, ever saw socks on the floor, dishes piling up or anything.  And, I didn't realize it until just now.  Sadly, he had to adopt Mom's gender role in shopping and cooking a lot, in addition to working FT.  She just wasn't into doing her part, and around the 12th year of b.s., he finally just started doing it, too.  And she still talked him into a divorce.  Weird.

Roswells, Art

The fact that they're still dudes will become quite obvious once they start dunking in the WNBA. Eventually entire teams in the WNBA will be men, lol.

Roswells, Art

He'll kill it in the dressage competition.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 19, 2019, 05:23:46 PM

Who doesn't? 

K_Dubb

Quote from: Sixteen on June 21, 2019, 04:31:42 AM
Do you think gender was more relevant in times past?

It concerns me that a boy would have to (nowadays) "change" his gender to like pink.  His own real role should accommodate that, although sadly it usually doesn't.  I remember when there was one toy department, not his and hers.

Isn't gender about roles?  Are roles even relevant anymore, when both genders work just to meet housing expenses?

You know all those women who complain their husbands don't do housework and are slobs?  I always wonder why the women don't just stop enabling it.  Let those kind of men live in a pigsty.  Merely making them face their own consequences (no clean flatware, no clean clothes) usually would be enough for most men to start doing the right thing.  If not, move him into the guest room, keep the master room and bath, get a fridge & microwave, and a lock.  Doesn't mean you can't sleep with him or cook in the main area when you want to.

I've noticed a lot of times men will think, "Oh, what's the harm in leaving the dishes until tomorrow," or things like that.  They don't realize it's difficult to make breakfast with the sink already being full.  What if she wants to rinse the fruit off, or use some of the dirty tools?  And by then, the food is hardened on, too.  Sometimes they don't realize that when one chore is delayed, it makes other chores a lot harder or impossible to do swiftly.  And, the chore do-er has to be swift if she's working FT.

Now, there are plenty of men who adult inside the house.  My dad had a lot of flaws, but he was super around the house.  He spent 4 years in the Air Force; maybe that had something to do with it.  I never, ever saw socks on the floor, dishes piling up or anything.  And, I didn't realize it until just now.  Sadly, he had to adopt Mom's gender role in shopping and cooking a lot, in addition to working FT.  She just wasn't into doing her part, and around the 12th year of b.s., he finally just started doing it, too.  And she still talked him into a divorce.  Weird.

I will address these remarks generally because I think Shreddie is right and you are a man playing a well-developed character that is probably named "everything I hate about women" in your mind, as you seem determined to bring all of these qualities to the fore.

Generally, women and men perceive needs and prioritize chores differently.  Men tend to batch ones like dishes for efficiency's sake, and the sense of accomplishment at completing one large task rather than many small ones.  In a modern household, there is no reason this method should be deprecated in favor of womanish hovering because they both work just as well and the house is no longer an exclusively female province.

(There are men who putter -- I wonder if this term is golf-derived, or the other way 'round -- but that tends to come with age and boredom.)

In practice, though, the woman, irked by chores left till later, makes an issue of it, forgetting that she married a man who can be expected to act like a man and not like one of her girlfriends playing house.

I've seen quite a few relationships founder on this rock and, as you might expect, it is really a proxy for a much larger issue:  women marry men but don't actually like them.  They would probably be happier as lesbians.

When you love someone, every little service you can anticipate is no chore, but an utter joy.  If you are prepared to take issue with the love of your life over dishes in the sink, you no longer love him and you are just two people sharing a house niggling over the banalities of cohabitation.  I suggest you use whatever vestiges of affection you have for him to divorce him and spare him the horror of discovering how shallow your attachment really is.  You mercenary shrew.

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 22, 2019, 01:36:57 PM
I think Shreddie is right and you are a man playing a well-developed character that is probably named "everything I hate about women" in your mind, as you seem determined to bring all of these qualities to the fore. [...] You mercenary shrew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7nyfNYm6UE

I remain neutral on this point. While a playful theory, I suspect the truth is far stranger.