• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

popple

GravitySucks

Quote from: bobo17 on August 03, 2015, 08:09:00 AM
I am a Canadian subscriber (at $5 per month U.S.) and am already paying close to $7 a month with the exchange rate between the Canadian and U.S. dollar....no big deal,  if and extra $2 bucks a month is going to break you, you have bigger financial problems than paying for access to podcasts of an Art Bell shows.  JMHO
bobo

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 05, 2016, 09:33:30 PM
https://twitter.com/wolfmanmike47/status/728416533240815616

Quote from: trostol on May 05, 2016, 09:35:57 PM
sure ya did wolfman

I think we just found bobo17

I'll take a quick-thinking fast-talker over the opposite any day of the week!

Great job, Amy, and kudos on the sound levels and technical crap.  Your hard work and multiple trips to Radio Shack were worth it.  Cheers to your success!

WOTR

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 05, 2016, 09:26:41 PM
... I'm not experiencing any unpleasantness while listening to this show.
Quote from: bateman on May 05, 2016, 09:30:53 PM
... My blood pressure has not been elevated at all listening to her.

Now these are the kind of reviews she can post on her website!  J/K... It is actually very high praise considering it came from BGer's. ;D

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 05, 2016, 09:04:47 PM
I will admit this is fun.  Nice that us East Coast types that have a job can partake for a change

The sad part is that it is going to be difficult for us night owls.  This is my "unwind" time when I have the time to listen to a show... I was actually out doing things during the show (and am kind of sad to have missed the maiden voyage.)

It sounds great, though.

CavemanOogUgh

Who does Ugh have to bonk on head to get this thread stickied?!? *bonk!*

Ugh think solid first show. Ugh enjoyed music. Was like dance party in cave. Ugh also enjoyed how show will seem to balance the unknown and unexplored with science and logic.

Ugh thought audio and stream was strong like mammoth!

#amytalk

it was liberating to hear a show that wasn't dumbed down for facebook yokels. i felt like my soul was released from the past 6 months of torture

73s

Much of what I found lacking in current offerings is seemingly solved by Amy. It's early yet but the first show was very encouraging.

* Very few annoying mannerisms (no "umms", "ahhhs", fake laughter, vocal fry)
* Legit bumper music (seriously, I may even purchase it)
* Not trying to be an Art clone
* Pro science
* Objectively taking on paranormal from an outsider's view (not a part of what she's critiquing)
* Building her own show up from the ground with her own two hands (even making trips to Radio Shack  8) )
* Wonderful alternative time slot for us East Coasters (I can actually participate in online BellGab banter  8) )
* Interactive with fans, answers questions, seems to legitimately WANT feedback
* Obviously educated and intelligent -- and, seems really nice
* Uses her name (or at least a normal-sounding handle!) from the outset!

Whether this ultimately succeeds or not I'm still excited for the first time in a long time with this genre. This seems like a refreshing new product on the scene. Hopefully it will also spur the other hosts to either start making shows again (ahem, Bateman  ;)) or up their own games (Hughes going 5 days a week for instance!).

Very fun!

Lilith

Quote from: CavemanOogUgh on May 06, 2016, 05:51:31 AM
Who does Ugh have to bonk on head to get this thread stickied?!? *bonk!*

Smoke Signal to MV should do the trick Ugh!

Praise MV!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: WOTR on May 06, 2016, 01:16:33 AM
Now these are the kind of reviews she can post on her website!  J/K... It is actually very high praise considering it came from BGer's. ;D

Haha, I should go into marketing. I used to be a motivational speaker but I hated it. It fucking sucked.

JesusJuice

STICKY THIS THREAD NOW, MR BOARD OWNER!

norland2424

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 06, 2016, 10:15:09 AM
Haha, I should go into marketing. I used to be a motivational speaker but I hated it. It fucking sucked.

So you're saying that you're a good bullshitter then? Lol

Roswells, Art

Quote from: norland2424 on May 06, 2016, 12:14:51 PM
So you're saying that you're a good bullshitter then? Lol

No, the opposite of that.

P.S. I've never been a motivational speaker.

Hey, maybe I am a good bullshitter.

Lilith

Dear MV,

I like this thread, and I would like You to sticky it for us Please.  :-*

Praise MV!  ;D

Roswells, Art

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2016, 12:19:19 PM
Dear MV,

I like this thread, and I would like You to sticky it for us Please.  :-*

Praise MV!  ;D

And reinstate the ignore feature while you're at it.

JesusJuice

STICKY THIS THREAD AND DO NOT REINSTATE THE IGNORE FEATURE, MR BOARD OWNER.

Thank you, in advance.

Lilith

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 06, 2016, 12:19:55 PM
And reinstate the ignore feature while you're at it.

Dear MV,

I do not like the ignore feature, and would like it to remain disabled Please.

Praise MV!

Looks like open lines tonight

QuoteIs it Friday already? Time for Open Lines!
Call into the show, (424) 253-0632 or on Skype, find amyontheradio (all one word).

We’ll be answering questions through the Satellite (Subscriber’s priority transmission area) as well as following #AmyTalk on Twitter. We may even dip into comments from Bellgab!

If there are not enough callers she has the following backup plan:

QuoteFor giggles, if for some reason the calls are slow, you may be entertained by the reading of public domain classics tonight, starting with select short stories from Edgar Allan Poe’s Tales of Mystery and Imagination. If you’d like to hear me read something from the public domain, I’ll be taking requests via Twitter, the Satellite, and e-mail (amy@amyontheradio.com).

trostol

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 06, 2016, 05:45:10 PM

If there are not enough callers she has the following backup plan:

hmm..being read to....ok lol

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 06, 2016, 05:45:10 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll be listening.  :)

Quote from: trostol on May 06, 2016, 06:02:26 PM

Ya gotta have a plan.  Not everyone is a Clyde Lewis or an Alex Jones that can just spew
on any topic for any amount of time    ::)

73s

Subscribed already and will be listening tonight 🙂

trostol

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 06, 2016, 06:04:17 PM
Ya gotta have a plan.  Not everyone is a Clyde Lewis or an Alex Jones that can just spew
on any topic for any amount of time    ::)

it is different..i will say that lol

JesusJuice

Quote from: trostol on May 06, 2016, 06:02:26 PM

If she does it right and whispers it and includes some tapping and scratching then it might trigger my ASMR.

nathan

Never heard of this til now, but you all have convinced me-- I'm super interested. Seems like a great alternative to the alternative of sNoory.

Lilith

Just a little more than half an hour till Show Time!

Quote from: nathan on May 06, 2016, 06:30:11 PM
Never heard of this til now, but you all have convinced me-- I'm super interested. Seems like a great alternative to the alternative of sNoory.

Welcome aboard.   Energy Dome and all!

( Amy )

Gah, it's been non-stop. I have a mountain of show notes now in case listeners fail me and I'm left ad-libbing.

Had lots of listeners last night, but people were shy toward the end of the program about calling in.

I'd like to thank everyone for all of the feedback and support. You guys sincerely rock.

I'll be sitting down this weekend to go through all of the comments. We went from 5 to 15 pages pretty fast!