• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

EvB

QuoteI will ask around though, and see if any of my friend have comparison's on the two.

Thank you!

It really depends on how you're going to use it. If you are a serious digital artist/designer, the Intuos is the better choice; for less intense use, the Bamboo is fine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This one from a musician that uses it for editing music, not graphics.

Intuos Oh Yes!  I have the 9 by 12...~~~~~~~~~~ This from a professional graphic artist. You can see his work here. http://gwyllm-arts.com/

My friend responded. She uses the Intuos 3 and adores it, as do most of her co-workers and classmates. She'd never heard of the bamboo, however. Looks like a majority vote, so far.~~~ This one from a friend of a friend, no really, Haha.

These are such good little workhorse tablets, I'd get the best one I could if I were you. Hope this helps!

EvB

Okay - I just bid on an Intuos3 6x8.  We'll see.

Yes, it a tad smaller than the best of the best - but I don't have a lot of room.

Given that I'm more of an graphics remixer than an artist - what would you say the learning curve is like on these?  I hear they feel clumsy at first. The whole eye-hand thing, you know?

UPDATE

Well, it's on the way and the price was not too bad:

Meegle

Sunday September 7th, 2008

This the show where the shit hit the fan because of techinical difficulties and Noory called Hoagland after they thought they might put on an old show because God forbid  George have to think and talk...ALONE. This happened recently with Knapp and he just went on and on talking about interesting things and not defaulting to immediately wanting to put on an old show.

"....Massachuzets..."

"........jz.....mermermerMariza I wanna......."        (LOL! the shortest fucking "Jeez" I've ever heard squeeze itself out of his mouth)

"....buh ya you don't see a calamity of uh uh world wide magnitude here?"     (Why does he always sound disappointed when a guest doesn't say that many people will die?)

"Like the movie 'Ghost' where the character played by Whoopie Goldberg...."    (Yes George. Once again. Exactly. Like. That. You. Simpleton.)

"Would you were talking to the police, and this has always baffled me..."      (It baffles me too. Why you would use 'would' instead of 'when')

"......jyeeeeez!"    (swig)

"....we're gonnna continue talking to you about.........................................................THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!"        (GRAVITAS!)

"....you know when I was a young boy going through the Catechism, they said that they'd be up there with a journal of all that you'd done done good and all that you'd done that was bad...is 'life review' LIKE THAT???"      (Yes George, Catholicism is right)

"You know Marisa I don't believe in coincidences..."     (O...............................M....................................G)

"I believe things......happen......for.......a......reason you know, things.............happen..................for..............a...................reason.....are you do you believer in that?"     (So you're the host...for a reason?)

"....plans for upper Eeebgypegypt up next......"     (choke)

"Robert is out there simewhere, we're having some techtical difficulties ladies and gendleman we may have to put on an old program of Coast to Coast for you..."    (Knapp had this problem recently but was going to talk through it. From the top of his head about a different subject....in other words - he hosted)

Guest: "uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............."       (meaningful)

"We're having some incredible phone line problems..."     (So host the fucking show!)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
George: "Thanks for coming on in such short notice."
Hoagland: " You're gonna owe me one George, now I'm not going to get to see that new green thing Robin was gonna wear."
George: "heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh."
Hoagland:" ......................heh heh heh heh heh heh heh."                              (ick)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yah, it really is."     (He has no idea)

"I'm gonna give the first copy to Mike at the NightHawkZone.com cuz he really helped me when I first started out here, critiqueing me....sometimes kinda brutally..."   (GET THIS GUY'S NUMBER!!!)

Hoagland: "This energy situation is absolly des. Picka bull."    (Noorymouth sets in)

"I said to myself today I says we are truly ahead of the game on this program........I mean we are truly ahead of the curb!"     (The Art "Bell Curve" - with Noory and Hoagland on each side of it)

"...who this week will unlock the secrets using a particle uhselerator...."    (uh)

"...had been fueled by the small bangs at his house in Welsh a long time ago..."    (Wales is the country George, as in 'his house was in Wales 'idiot)

"...and they are lanching laslast uh ditch efforts to..."    (Failure to lanch - George's motto)

"...coming out of the ocean, and a fuel weeks later..."    (few = fuel?)

"............jeeeeeeh................"      (.....z?......)

"AMAZING!!!!"

"...and wadubut the satellites?"   

Someone needs to photoshop Noory and Hoagland as the two old men in the balcony of the Muppet Show.

Meegle

Monday September 8th, 2008

It was actually hard to do my actual work at work with this because George was exceptionally awful during this show.

"...the takeover will help housing bowwowers..."    (BAR-O-WURZ idiot)

".....government ferclosure programs to asiss distressed barwawers...."   (He changed the pronunciation again and it's STILL wrong)

"Cols uh gulf coast community..."   (Seriously..is he dyslexic or just not grounded?)

"...said the preparations for the rereactor's launch had entered it's final stage. By years end the company will take steps they say that will make the launch of the plant yourreversible."  (Under the 2 minute mark here folks)

"..was struck in the head by a chyle size golf glub..."

"...rushed the lidda boy to a hospital where...........HE DIED."      (Why is this news that we need to know about?)

"...exspearamint and the particle research fizisus at the..."    (it's just sad)

"..is anybuddygonnabesussesfull in tryin to stop Wednesday's saswitchflip?"   (...califragilisticexpialidocious...)

"..so they're gonna have a party, wa wa wa wa when are they going to..."     (...)

"Do you know the theoretical chemiss Otto Rosler...?"    (FINISH YOUR FUCKING WORDS!)

"...and then all of a sudden the gobbaling starts, I mean IS THAT HOW IT COULD HAPPEN???"    (infuriating this man is)

"They're doing this without the 'God Factor', so if they're doing this WITHOUT GAWWHHD - IT"S PROLLY NOT
GONNA WORK!!!!"                                       (Sponsored by Crazy Preacher Maxi-Pads)

"What was the 'Big Bang'...what what what went 'bang'?"       (It's like he's never heard of this stuff before. Does he think his audience hasn't?)

"Wa wa woo would an explosion mean that something happened?"  (Nope an explosion means that nothing happened, the Big Bang is a non-event George)

"...that's AMAZING, IT DID IT ON PURPOSE!!!"    ( I bet George is amazed by how the light comes on in his fridge every time he opens it)

"Well all I know is........some of them........are gonna be...........pretty gut............wrenched.........when they're ready to flip that switch."     (Don't touch the sides! OPERATION by Milton Bradley)

".....jeez....."     (drink!)

"...now are they tryin to put together a P? A Puzzle?"    (See here we can see his brain trying to think. Instead of waiting till the word was actually formed the brain pushed out the process of him trying to spell the word and THEN compensated and blurts out the word very fast.)

"Naheeza PHD izznhee?"   (total disregard for pronunciation or even enunciating.)

"Uhthese abductees taken just to Pensacola order other places?"    (Is this an accent?)

"Are they trying to make us better Humans?"    (Too late for you George)

"THAT"S INCREDIBLE!"     (Next on ABC)

"Stay why thus, we'll be talking..."    (with...us....!)

"...maybe they're making these hybreads for..."     (Mmmmmm hybread!)

"Muhlinda and Jyo, yooyooyooyou were talking about..."    (........ugh)

"I Love it!"  (.........)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Guest: "..and because of the Coast to Coast interview..."
George (interrupting): "WHICH WE DID BACK IN FEB RIGHT???"       (Cool people speak months abbreviated; of course if George hadn't he would've said Febooairy)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"What are shum of the symptoms with people missing time?"   

Caller: "Now don't get me wrong I believe in alien abjunction and everything...."      (Nyuck nyuck nyuck.....dumbass)

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Caller: "...I remember being born...and before that too...I was on a craft...I turned to my right and there was a Gray there sitting down..."
George:"Now see Muhlinduh he sounds like he could be a hybread."
Melinda: "Well................................yeah.............................could be..........................either that or................"                             (HE'S A LOON!!!!!).
________________________________________________________________________________________________

And the moral of today's show? Ethnic races aren't abducted (according to a caller that loved the series "V" in the 80's)

I'm out

Meegle

Tuesday September 9th, 2008

Well I started listening to this one and I couldn't handle how many times George said his guest's name as Lionel FanThwarp.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Mind you I never heard the guest say his name but (and I could be wrong) I think his name is pronounced Fan-Thorp NOT Fanth-WARP.  >:(

I'm seriously considering only listening to Punnett's and Knapp's programs which will unfortunately turn this post/blog of mine inert. We'll see I guess.

If I keep listening to George I may have to head outta here at Fanthwarp speed! ;)

:P

Quote from: Meegle on September 11, 2008, 10:12:42 AM
Tuesday September 9th, 2008

Well I started listening to this one and I couldn't handle how many times George said his guest's name as Lionel FanThwarp.

It was unbearable.  I'm listening less and less, previously enjoying ridiculing his mistakes. 

Now... it's just like I want to KICK him when he makes errors; I can't stand listening for too long, resulting in fewer reasons to post anything.

Meegle

Wednesday September 10th, 2008

Have you noticed every night he says "...good morning, good eve-ding..." ???

"...as hurricane Ike steamed toward a swath of the Texas..."    (He pronounced his 'a' in Swath like the 'a' in Mac - as opposed to the 'a' in Mach!)

"...and chemical plants jawwing energy from the..."    (drawing = jawwing)

(Mind you I'm only 30 seconds into the show!!!!!!!!)

"...of the stringthening storm..."    (Seriously is this an accent?)

"...and emerguhcy crews found the body..."   (C'MON!!!!) 

"...a man who tried to send his laif, late wife's body..."    (I can't take it!!!)

"...she was returned tuh der owners half an hour..."    (to her)

(3 minutes in)

"..in a moment Charles Knife uh Seife joins us..."    (wow he even gets his guests names wrong)

"I just love Science!"    (That's why George is so well-read on the subjects he covers)

"...is this as dangerous as some fizzusis think it can be?"    (I love pronunciation)

"...gobballingup the universe..."   (hate this verb of his)

"...this Higgs Bo-Sun particle..."    (Not to sound too elitest or whatever but I've known since 1985-86 that the particle is pronounced BO-ZON. Not tooting my own horn but if George says he "loves science" he MUST mean he loves science like he loves cookies or dogs in the sense that he CAN be interested in talking about them. When I say 'I love science' I mean that I've saught it out for over 30 YEARS!!!)

"IS THERE A GAWD FACTOR IN THIS EQUATION THAT SOMEHOW HASN'T BEEN ADDED IN YET?"     (Are there HiggsBosuns working for the Axis of Evil?)

"Could you explain what the Big Bang truly is and what really happen?"    (YOUASKEDTHISLASTNIGHTALREADYYOUFUCKINGMORON!!!!!)

"Interesting, I didn't know that."     (The humility!)

"It prolly happened when someone....when another universe turned on their large Hadron Collider.....heheheheheheheheh"   (MY SIDES MY SIDES!!!!!)

"This is Twilight Zone all over the place!"    (microbrain)

"So with those tests at CERN, do you think there's a possibility that all of this today...WILL BE DESTROYED?"    (Chicken Little et al)

"All right shtay whichus, our gues is Charles Sheefus.."    (Not sure where to begin here)

Sorry George, you SUCK way too much. I'm closer to not listening when you're on more than ever before.

I think maybe George has a lot going on in his subconscious, which makes him not pay attention to what's going on in the conscious world. And I think Meegle should get some kind of job related to voice recognition software r&d. ;)

EvB

QuoteAnd I think Meegle should get some kind of job related to voice recognition software r&d.

Cool - maybe it would actually work!

Meegle

LOL

I did that. VERY briefly. I had a job in Boulder speaking Spanish into a mic while riding in a car. The recording and the program had to account for road noise and different accents. I never knew exactly for which company but I think it was for some car company in Australia.

Funny that no? ;D

Charles

Quote from: Art is the Best on September 11, 2008, 06:57:35 PM
I think maybe George has a lot going on in his subconscious, which makes him not pay attention to what's going on in the conscious world. And I think Meegle should get some kind of job related to voice recognition software r&d. ;)

I think its the music that plays after the break ... those low notes on the piano scramble his thought waves.

danDNA

basically, George doesn't give a shit about what he is talking about and when he reads off his dummy cards you can tell this.
Contrast: Ian on the other hand sounds like he has prepared notes (fine) and he freestyles the segues and then uses the notes to remember the POINTS in the story.
George Knapp sounds like he is flying by the seat of his trousers and i cant tell if he uses prompts because he sort of reports like it's the last broadcast on Earth, which i really like.

Meegle

Thursday September 11th, 2008

"...hurricane Ike which is down there in the golf..."     (A VW Golf?)

"...it's a very heartwarming story..."        (awww)

"We owe to ourselves to open a new investigation, to find out what chrooly happened that day..."       (Heartwarming)

"...television pundints have been blasting..."      (what's a pundint?)

"...we're gun talk about the presidentsha race..."   (...)

"Now I have a theory but, we'll reveal that later in the show..."        (Can't wait)

"Now don't ruin my theory!"         (fragile ego)

"Now, I don't know but, well we'll reveal my theory in just a second here."     (The suspense!)

"Make a prediction...and then and then and then this hour...maybe even next hour I'm gun add something to the mix."     (He's a tease)

"Regardless is this gun be klaus, under this scenario?"     (Klaus Enkounters)

"I'm gonna hold off on my prediction until we come back..."     (Noooooooo!!!!!!!)

"Jajapanese resherchers said he died and he's got doubles in there now."     (Gogojira!)

"MYPREDICTIONWHENWECOMEBACK!!!!"         (FINALLY!?!?!?!)

"You know when I was kid..."     (a?)

"..and I knew him, he was a great guy and he talked about how he had shock treatment years beethore..."    (Behulk, Bespidey)

"...were the ones that chrooly pooshed election..."     (George chrooly chares)

"No and I stuhbuyaka..."    (No idea at all)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Caller: "I have a question for your guest, how did Obama and Palin make it so far so fast in this election?"
George: "YOU KNOW KAREN, THIS ELECTION UH RACHEL WAS ONE OF THE MOST...."      (I believe the caller asked for THE GUEST'S OPINION!!!!)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Caller: "I have a question for your guest....which candidate is going to be more forthcoming with regards to disclosure of aliens...?"
George: "NOW THAT'S AN INTERESTY QUESTION LEMMIE ANSWER THAT ONE!"                 (Why have guests?)

"Sometimes we crash websites, we do that on purpose sometimes...."        (Huh?)

"You know Bob Barr from the Libertarian party is good guy..."      (a?)

"...political pundint..."     (...)

"Yow we know one of things that helped Kennedy when he was brunning against Nixon was..."    (C'mon!)

"...Anne in Queens Dyou York you're up..."     (what's he got in his mouth?)

"..we'll see what happens, Dennis uh Glynnis we're out of time..."     (GlenorGlenda?)

"...dealing with sakika things..."      (no clue)

"Thazzamazing."

"..it did, chroolly it did!"       (Of Chorse!)

"I was with Buzz on Larry King's show..."      (He's important)

"...well that 8 years frarrouw so he'll be 80!"       (Meet Reorge Jetson)

"...now we're gonna do the Ghost to Ghost this year a little different..."      (Now even suckier)

"...fusfus fra summa the troops, not all a them..."     (I think he has a hamster running in wheel in his mouth)

"...I wouldn't plopcast down on a house."      (Well me neither)

"...McCain/Palin vershus Obide Obama/biden...."     (Fight of the Shenshury)

"I think he's dishtanced himself from this adminishtration..."      (Shmart!)

"...we'll be back we'll talk about the election, Iran, Iraq, Rush, SHA...."      (Can TWAIT!)

Guest: "...who managed to put up the first woman and the first Afro-American..."      (This message brought to you by the early nineties)

"There is an executive order that would allow Bush to shtay in office the problem is nobody defies defines the..."   (...)

"Bayay uh you aye yay you say Alan..."    (wow)

"..thissa the these hours just go by so fast..."    (Not for me, they go way too shlow)

"...gwhere is that?"     (gwhere is gwhat?)

Ugh....the weekend....a break from this moron!  ;)

Meegle

BREAKING NEWS!!!

I had contact with George today!

I had had it while listening to a recent show and how he kept mangling the word pundit but saying pundint over and over again. And the other night by saying FanthWarp instead of FanThorpe over and over and over. So I emailed him.

"http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pundint&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

It's hard to take you seriously when you mispronounce so many words George...seriously."

Would you like to know his response?  Here it is....ready?

"?"

I saw that he responded and I was thinking 'oh shit I'm gonna get it now!' LOL

I'm not sure how to take his "?"   ;:)

Frys Girl

WATCH OUT!!!! The VTech killer was big into question marks. Man Snoory is a moron, but he's a scary Snoory too. Look out Meegle.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Meegle on September 12, 2008, 08:43:56 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

I had had it while listening to a recent show and how he kept mangling the word pundit but saying pundint over and over again. And the other night by saying FanthWarp instead of FanThorpe over and over and over. So I emailed him.

It's hard to take you seriously when you mispronounce so many words George...seriously."

"?"

I would take it as he has a limited vocabulary and prefers to use simple signs to communicate. Or he has his head up his ass and has no idea how ridiculous he sounds to the rest of the world.

Frys Girl

Maybe he's been sitting under his lamp too long. I'm listening to the show from last night. George and his health.... I'm also offended by the prostate commercials he's been doing.

Charles

Quote from: Meegle on September 12, 2008, 08:43:56 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

"?"

Sorry PhantasticSanShiSan I could not resist. LOL

Frys Girl

"schtay in office" just came up in last night's show. looooool Snoory you are a gift

It's not me you have to worry about...it's FRANK GORSHIN!

Quote from: Charles on September 12, 2008, 10:43:27 PM

He's been dead a while.  I ain't skeered

Well, I wouldn't expect anyone with a Bubbles avatar to be afraid of Frank Gorshin's ghost either.

Jesus fucking christ Julian.  Bubbles brought over those fuckin' cats and they ended up eating all my dope! How am I gonna send fuckin' Trinity to fuckin' school now, eh?

JC 01-18-2008 George Noory
http://www.putfile.com/jcwiii/media
Added: 01/19/2008

Hey, I was looking for GN audio clips, and of course THIS site came right up, and linked over to this one. Surprised to see this conversation here, considering that the first clip I clicked on (listed above) is a conversation between GN and JC. Get THIS, JC asks GN if he's drinking Jack Daniels and GN says he doesn't drink, and JC says well that's not what it sounds like when you are slurring all you words. GN says, "I HAD A TONGUE DEFECT WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID"! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am ROFLMAO!

Now my reason for all this, (other than procrastinating all the stupid shit I SHOULD be doing) is that I wanted to run some GN through this cowbell site. I haven't done it though. But check this site out, it's fun:)

That's one of my sillysongs on there. I did it for my daughter because she wanted something that sounded like the Dizzyland Electric Light Parade.

http://www.morecowbell.dj/listen?id=BB2khu

EvB

QuoteThat's one of my sillysongs on there. I did it for my daughter because she wanted something that sounded like the Dizzyland Electric Light Parade.

http://www.morecowbell.dj/listen?id=BB2khu

Good job!  got my $$$

Well, I see my exciting news has already been reported on this forum. Man, I can't get away with anything with you guys, haha.
It was worth it though, just for my new quote:)

Thanks EvB!

Quote from: Meegle on September 12, 2008, 04:13:22 PM
Thursday September 11th, 2008

MYPREDICTIONWHENWECOMEBACK!!!!"         (FINALLY!?!?!?!)

Yeah SURE, HIS prediction. That was totally the viral meme for the day online, (I say he's counting on his captive audience that doesn't have computer access).
God, that was so annoying. However he did at least seem halfway awake for once.

Charles

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on September 13, 2008, 09:42:55 AM
Well, I wouldn't expect anyone with a Bubbles avatar to be afraid of Frank Gorshin's ghost either.

Jesus fucking christ Julian.  Bubbles brought over those fuckin' cats and they ended up eating all my dope! How am I gonna send fuckin' Trinity to fuckin' school now, eh?

Nice ... Trailer Park Boys rule! I have watched that entire series over and over again ... surprised my DVDs havent worn out yet.