• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Beatles

Started by BellHop, June 20, 2018, 09:52:45 PM

BellHop

Discuss anything you want about the Fab Four here.

So, how about Paul McCartney's new album? Am I the only one here on BellGab looking forward to it?

Sean92008

Quote from: BellHop on June 20, 2018, 09:52:45 PM

So, how about Paul McCartney's new album? Am I the only one here on BellGab looking forward to it?
Guess so.

I gave up on McCartney, let's see...  (as I remember it today) Flaming Pie was the end for me.  With Jeff Lynne, it should have been 12 top 5 hits but it was self-indulgent and boring.  I loved Press To Play for the mix and instrumentation.  Red Rose Speedway, Back to the Egg were bigger on my favorites list over the obvious hits.

I also hate his handling of the lesser known (and literally poor) artists from Apple.  His refusal to release the records and publishing so that they could recoup lost money pissed me off... and don't get me started on Rainman Fucking Ringo that piece of shit. I turned down a chance to hang out with McCartney because I just don't give a shit about him.  He ain't going to give me money or hire me, why bother?

I'd blow George Martin for free before I blew Paul McCartney for $100,000.  Seriously.

Give me Love Psychedelico or Oasis any day over Macca or Rainman.

https://youtu.be/c3LChG7QDzE

https://youtu.be/L98AsoTdlYo

Quote from: BellHop on June 20, 2018, 09:52:45 PM

Big Paul fan here.  His last great album for me was Run, Devil, Run and that was mostly covers.  I agree with Sean that Flaming Pie should have had more hits on it. However, radio has ever been friendly to 50 year old rockers.  I did like Flaming Pie though.  I listened to his last album and he sounded old.  He should do the Cash thing and cover English folk songs.

Sean92008

When I think of Alexei Sayle... I think of... (start at 2:37)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfMy1V7Ma8E

Sean92008

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 20, 2018, 11:32:18 PM
Big Paul fan here.  His last great album for me was Run, Devil, Run and that was mostly covers.  I agree with Sean that Flaming Pie should have had more hits on it. However, radio has ever been friendly to 50 year old rockers.  I did like Flaming Pie though.  I listened to his last album and he sounded old.  He should do the Cash thing and cover English folk songs.

When he did Maybe I'm Amazed on SNL, I thought he had a stroke...  (or, like Peter Tork, part of his tongue removed  ::) )  I looked for the video and, strangely, it's missing even deep in the results.  Ya' thinking what I'm thinkin?

BellHop

Interestingly, after this thread was posted FIVE Beatles music videos were uploaded to their VEVO page, as well as every main album (with some tracks missing - no "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da" for example). That's pretty good and probably influenced by all the people posting Beatles music over the past few months.