• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 18, 2011, 09:41:10 PM

Kim Jong Il will not be down for breakfast.
   What a year...Bin Laden, Al-A Whacky, Khadaffi  and now Jimmy Carter's lil' buddy.
Amazing.  What will the next two weeks bring?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on December 18, 2011, 10:25:34 PM
Amazing.  What will the next two weeks bring?
The way 2011 has evolved, Hugo Chavez and Fidel probably shouldn't buy 2012 calendars.

Harmness

He did have the best magazine cover ever, though.

The General

Jon Bon Jovi
March 2, 1962-Dec 19 2011

BobGrau

Quote from: The General on December 19, 2011, 04:34:26 PM
Jon Bon Jovi

holy shit. really? I was just routinely insulting him and his music the other night.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on December 19, 2011, 04:34:26 PM
Jon Bon Jovi
C'mon, Christmas ain't until sunday.

BobGrau

lol I totally swallowed that one without even looking.

The General

Quote from: BobGrau on December 19, 2011, 04:56:10 PM
lol I totally swallowed that one without even looking.

this is the source,
http://dailynewbloginternational.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/international-rockstar-legend-jon-bon-jovi-dead-at-49/
but at this point there are no other sources, so maybe I was duped on this one...

11angeleyes11

I heard it from the Hollywood heavens:
Jon Bon Jovi
"It's my Life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever.. . . .."

The General

Just as a follow up, Al Qaeda is taking credit for the Jon Bon Jovi death hoax, but Alex Jones has released a statement deeming it an "inside job." 

Bon Jovi does have a concert tonight, and now he has publicity.  Good one Jon.

b_dubb

Bon Jovi sucks donkey asS

Morgus

I remember in the late 1980s when Marina Sirtis played Deanna Troi on Star Trek the Next Generation, she told the audience at Star Trek conventions that she wanted to have Jon Bon Jovi's baby.

And a few years later she ended up marrying a musician that looks like a Bon Jovi clone  8)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Morgus on December 19, 2011, 07:23:07 PM

I remember in the late 1980s when Marina Sirtis played Deanna Troi on Star Trek the Next Generation, she told the audience at Star Trek conventions that she wanted to have Jon Bon Jovi's baby.

And a few years later she ended up marrying a musician that looks like a Bon Jovi clone  8)

That alone should prohibit her from having children, and actually she should have her uterus forcibly removed and burned for harboring such awful ambitions.

b_dubb

Ed I'm glad you aren't  bitter or anything

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on December 19, 2011, 07:45:38 PM
Ed I'm glad you aren't  bitter or anything
I'm just a peace-lovin man, a gentle hippie.

Pertzborn

RIP Lynn Samuels.

I haven't heard her on the air since listening to WABC during that little election brouhaha in 2000.  She had a voice for print but was an entertaining progressive among the usual cast of characters at WABC.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pertzborn on December 25, 2011, 09:08:40 PM
I haven't heard her on the air since listening to WABC during that little election brouhaha in 2000.  She had a voice for print but was an entertaining progressive among the usual cast of characters at WABC.

Not a fan, but she was an important part of that 1993-1995 heyday of WABC with Grant,Diamond,Lionel,Sliwa...entertaining station, I live in Boston and listened to 770 far more than my locals.

Morgus

Cheetah the chimp from 1930s Tarzan flicks dies

PALM HARBOR, Fla. (AP) â€" A Florida animal sanctuary says Cheetah the chimpanzee from the Tarzan movies of the early 1930s has died at age 80.

The Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbor announced that Cheetah died Dec. 24 of kidney failure.

Sanctuary outreach director Debbie Cobb on Wednesday told The Tampa Tribune that Cheetah was outgoing, loved finger painting and liked to see people laugh. She says he seemed to be tuned into human feelings.

Cheetah was the comic relief in the Tarzan series starring American Olympic gold medal swimmer Johnny Weissmuller. Cobb says Cheetah came to the sanctuary from Weissmuller's estate sometime around 1960.

Cobb says Cheetah wasn't a troublemaker. Still, sanctuary volunteer Ron Priest says that when the chimp didn't like what was going on, he would throw feces.

b_dubb

any 80 year old chimp?  damn.  reminds me of Caesar from the Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie ( which is damn good btw )

MV/Liberace!

i had no idea a chimp could live so long.

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 29, 2011, 01:57:34 AM
i had no idea a chimp could live so long.
I just heard a report on the radio news that experts are starting to not believe this news report about "Cheetah" since there were several chimps that played the Cheetah role on the many 1930's Tarzan movies and that chimp may not have been one of the main ones. They also noted that 80 years old would be very old for a chimp and might be a record if true...

The Cheeta wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheeta
has a table of several chimps that played the role in the Tarzan movie, and apparently the one that died last week was called "Cheetah-Mike" but the ones that played in the most famous 1930s movies were named "Jiggs"

From the site:
Cheetah-Mike, a male chimpanzee owned by Suncoast Primate Sanctuary after being donated from Noell's Chimp Farm in Palm Harbor, FL.[15] Alleged to have been born about 1931 (claimed age in February 2008 was 77),[16] to have been acquired from the estate of Johnny Weissmuller in 1957, and to have been "one of the original 'Cheetahs' from Johnny Weissmuller's Tarzan movies."[15] Died in Palm Harbor, Florida, of kidney failure on December 24, 2011.

Morgus

Found these two new articles about the Cheetah Controversy:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/12/29/2882611/did-cheetah-tarzans-chimpanzee.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079272/Tarzan-chimp-Cheetah-dies-aged-80-But-real-star-old.html

Apparently everyone wasn't a fan of Cheetah -- so says Mia Farrow, daughter of Maureen O'Sullivan, who played Jane in the "Tarzan" movies.
"My mom ... referred to Cheetah-the-chimp as 'that bastard' -- saying he bit her at every opportunity," she tweeted Wednesday.

Monkeying around: Cheeta playing piano at his home in Palm Springs in 2003

Lovely Bones

Before Animal Planet stopped being a channel about animals, I was a huge fan of the series Escape to Chimp Eden and of the chimp rescuer Eugene Cussons, who gave up a cushy job in computers to devote his life to saving chimps. 

I remember his oldest fellow, Jao, which Wiki lists as 60-65 years old.  Jao was in real decline and losing his supremacy when the series was last on the air, so I have no idea if he's still alive.  I only remember that he seemed to be coming to the end of his natural life span, given things Eugene was saying at the time.

A great series for any animal lover if you can still find it anywhere.  The Wiki page has a chart of the major chimps from the series and their ages, rescue dates, etc.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_to_Chimp_Eden

This link to information about Jao says he may be the oldest living chimp in South Africa:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/chimp-eden/meet-chimps/meet-chimps.html

BobGrau

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 29, 2011, 08:54:04 AM
Eugene Cussons, who gave up a cushy job in computers to devote his life to saving chimps. 

yeah the internet makes me feel like this sometimes.