• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

weeberwubber

Quote from: chefist on July 12, 2015, 09:24:50 AM
Clyde's show is part of the PremRat package...they would not let him have Art on...

No more greasy hamburgers.... PRIME CENTER CUT STEAK in only 8 days!

Yep the 50,000 watt megastation here in Ohio put Clyde on in the hour before C2C. I was hopeful and tried listening a couple times and couldn't bear to listen to a whole hour. Listened to DM with my wife while we took our nighttime hikes, or worked late. And lately I've been playing her Arts old stuff nightly to get ready for next week (omg next week): Mel, Fr. Martin, Ghost2Ghosts, Pagalini, etc and she loves it. I had the radio on to lewis after a ballgame and she finally burst out "Will you please turn that idiot off!" From the title of his program I figured he was more of an Alex Jones than a paranormal show.

weeberwubber

Since I've only tried a couple times I think I'll listen to Lewis' Trepang broadcast from a couple days ago while doing the lawn and yard today. If it's really that bad then I'll probably get done with the work a lot faster so I can douche out my ears. I see that his streams are 3 hours long but the local radio only broadcasts an hour.

deadmeow

Clyde Lewis does his own thing, it is not a generic paranormal-conspiracy show.  For me it comes down to the topic or guest.  If I see a topic or guest I like, I might give that particular show a listen.

serenity

Quote from: chefist on July 12, 2015, 09:24:50 AM
Clyde's show is part of the PremRat package...they would not let him have Art on...

No more greasy hamburgers.... PRIME CENTER CUT STEAK in only 8 days!

Actually KXL, which is Clydes flagship station, is not part of premrat. They are owned by Alpha Media. Not streamed in Iheart. Not sure who syndicated him. I listen to him as an alternative to snoory but like you it all depends on subject matter and guest.
Except for the absence of Future Theater in the lineup Dark Matter is my hangout of choice, except for everything on UFOShip and Future Theater.   ;D

Quote from: FortRock on July 11, 2015, 06:00:53 PM
FROM THE SCORPION ARMY SIGNAL CORP:

TO ART BELL "MIDNITE IN THE DESERT" PEOPLE, THERE WILL BE DIFFICULTY IN HEARING
THE SHOW IN MANY PARTS OF AMERICA IF YOUR DRIVING AROUND, AND DEPENDING ON
YOUR AM/FM CAR RADIO. AS YOU KNOW ART WILL BE ON SHORTWAVE! BUT THERE ARE
CURRENTLY NO PRODUCTION CAR RADIOS WITH SHORTWAVE ON THEIR DIALS. THAT COULD
CHANGE WITH YOUR HELP! SUPPORT THE MANUFACTURE OF A CROWD-FUNDED AUTOMOTIVE
SHORTWAVE RADIO BEING PROPOSED BY FRED STUDENBERG! THIS MAN WOULD MAKE A
GREAT FIRST-HOUR TYPE GUEST FOR THE FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL!! HERE IS THE WEBSITE
DISCUSSING THE IDEA:

http://swling.com/blog/2015/07/vote-support-the-production-of-a-car-shortwave-radio/

Transmission received Commander. Carrier pigeons are on standby shall operation FAILSAFE unsafely fail.

WOTR

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 12, 2015, 04:54:14 AM
Thought I'd share this post on Facebook.. Clyde Lewis made a point as to why he would not interview Art Bell. I respect it, too.
At least he is honest and upfront... I know some other hosts who are not.

slippingaway

Clyde might not interview Art, but John B. Wells would love to chat with him. I know it. I've heard him give shoutouts to Art on CTM.  It would behoove Art to give him a call at 214-747-7777 or email him at johnb@caravantomidnight.com. Free press is good business.

Zenman

Quote from: Marc.Knight on July 12, 2015, 05:13:31 AM
Lewis is short-sighted in my opinion.  By interviewing Art he could have a chance to expose Art Bell fans to his show.  Apparently he fears the Master so much he thinks he will lose listeners to Art after a simple interview.

Yep. Seems like it'd be a lot healthier for him to be open to interviewing Art, and gain some fans and risk losing some, rather than not be open to it, and show that he's afraid of the competition and/or is being controlled. I'd definitely be more of a fan of Clyde if he'd be open to interviewing Art.

cosmic hobo

A week until the test show. I'm excited. Who's going to call in?

sydtron

I will try to call in.  Might be tough going! 

Art on John B. Would be a good listen.  I know John does a pretty damn good voice impression of Art.  Lol.

onan

I opened up the Clyde Lewis outhouse more than a year ago. I never saw a reason to venture there again.

chefist

Quote from: onan on July 12, 2015, 04:03:36 PM
I opened up the Clyde Lewis outhouse more than a year ago. I never saw a reason to venture there again.
Check out Penn and Teller's BullShit! Clyde is featured on one of the episodes! Hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i1XuZTgxMc

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on July 12, 2015, 04:03:36 PM
I see a reason, or rather smell one.  Go back and close the damn door onan!  Sheesh!!!  peeuuie. ;D

Quote from: sydtron on July 12, 2015, 03:46:20 PM
Art on John B. Would be a good listen.  I know John does a pretty damn good voice impression of Art.  Lol.
You know, I have listened to the Caravan to Midnight show lately and have actually enjoyed John B Wells's effort there. Granted, I got to choose what I listened to and avoided the bullshit peddler guests.

Per your voice similarity comment, I did catch one thing while watching.... he sure looks a lot like Art back in the 90s. I nearly had to do a doubletake.

gabrielle

Quote from: sydtron on July 12, 2015, 03:46:20 PM
I will try to call in.  Might be tough going! 

Agreed.  JBW and Art would be very informative....especially if they discuss climate change.

Art Bell

Who knows for sure why but unless you are blind I don't even think it's worth a debate anymore, of course it's changing and faster then you think, we are boiling crabs. If we don't get rain soon part of the American Southwest will have to be abandoned. My Wife is from a Island Nation, ask anybody there.

Art

gabrielle

Quote from: Art Bell on July 12, 2015, 04:46:34 PM
Who knows for sure why but unless you are blind I don't even think it's worth a debate anymore, of course it's changing and faster then you think, we are boiling crabs. If we don't get rain soon part of the American Southwest will have to be abandoned. My Wife is from a Island Nation, ask anybody there.

Art

Yes, I fear what the next generation will have to deal with. 

chefist

ART...saw an article on some of the atolls disappearing...temps are climbing and both C02 and Methane concentrations are increasing...

Brings up Dr Kaku's concept of a Class 1 civilization, we must control the environment and weather if we want billions of humans and most of the rest to survive...if not, then it's back to the 19th century and strict population control...hard realities for sure...

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on July 12, 2015, 04:57:08 PM
ART...saw an article on some of the atolls disappearing...temps are climbing and both C02 and Methane concentrations are increasing...
and more weirdness, areas of Wash St exhibiting higher temps and less snow that usual but a new growing glacier?
http://poststar.com/mount-st-helens-still-steaming-holds-the-world-s-newest/article_7bf92344-177a-5006-8f7e-e9e2316a097f.html

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on July 12, 2015, 04:46:34 PM

Art

Look at the American Western States weather data from the 1920s heat thru 1930s dust bowl. Another made man disaster?

chefist

Quote from: WhiteCrow on July 12, 2015, 04:59:47 PM
Look at the American Western States weather data from the 1920s heat thru 1930s dust bowl. Another made man disaster?
A great documentary about this! Proven periods of 5-12 years of wet and dry in the western plain states...they stared farming in the wet periods and had bumper crops...then a dry spell of 10 years hit and disaster...once you get west of the gulf stream moisture, it is a gamble!

ItsOver

Maybe the Sun will help us out.  You never know what surprise mother nature may have waiting for us all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3156594/Is-mini-ICE-AGE-way-Scientists-warn-sun-sleep-2020-cause-temperatures-plummet.html

Art Bell

Big news coming Tomorrow!

Art

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on July 12, 2015, 06:21:40 PM

Art

Art Bell, "The Art of Radio (Teasing)"....now let the speculation begin! I go first, RCH versus George Noory in an Octagon Cage Grudge Match!

Can't wait to find out what it is, Art!

sydtron

Art saves a bunch of $$$ when he switched to Geico.

trust_no_one

Quote from: Art Bell on July 12, 2015, 06:21:40 PM

Art

Can't wait to find out what it is. . .

Did Jorch tell Knapp to go pout in the corner too?