• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150805 - Flat Earth Debate - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 05, 2015, 05:42:00 PM

boxman

I think it would be best to just open the lines now...

mikuthing01

whoever booked this show needs fired is that why Dr. J is no longer with us?

albrecht

as pointed out on Bateman's show with another "earther" guest- the brainwashing starts early on: "every school has a globe in it!"

Lt.Uhura

Ugh...this is a debate?  Sounds like a petulant child arguing with his elders.  >Open lines??

Quote from: bateman on August 05, 2015, 10:26:06 PM
What we need is a RCH call-in to set everyone straight.

I prayed for that to happen last night, tonight would be even better. I want Hoagie to overtake the conversation and debate the professor.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 05, 2015, 10:24:10 PM
To be fair, the doctor is being very condescending.

I have to agree. It would be better to have someone like Michio debate him, I stand corrected on my original statement. The best debates are when the person is completely open to trying to buy into the theory, just not say "that's stupid".

Catops

Quote from: nextgenfm on August 05, 2015, 10:26:33 PM
This was like the Dallas Thompson HOllow Earth show

Dallas Thomspon was much better IMO.

ADG12311990

I wasn't going to take John seriously when he chose to "remain anonymous" And yet his picture is posted on Art's site, but just listening to him... I bet he can get a job on C2C, he sounds like he would be perfect there.

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on August 05, 2015, 10:26:06 PM
What we need is a RCH call-in to set everyone straight.
I expect we'll have RCH do "BS, Counter BS" again tonight.

flimflam384

Wait, how the shit do we have a north POLE if the world is flat?

zeebo

Much more interesting than this would be the universe-as-simulation theory.

With all due respect...he should zip that phrase. It implies he has no respect, I could debate this much more calmly and respectfully, I get tired of playing devil's advocate though, it eventually bores me and I switch my position as any realtivist might!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  Can they stop saying "IS" every time they talk about each others points. Can we just get to some maybes instead????? Maybe the world maybe flat, maybe not. The flat earther has valid points he just doesn't know or understand how to communicate them....please be gentle don't send him off the deep end. There maybe a debate to be had, but he seems to resort to emotional appeals in his videos....he needs to not let others effect his state of mind, just accept their statements and move on.

popple

I wish this flat earther would lay it out instead of just being like YOU CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND THE WORLD IS FLAT SO RAAAAAAAWR!!!

SaucyRossy

Oh man, this is GOLD!!!!

Is it possible that the good Dr. might be able to convert John the flat earther into a rational man???

chefist

HAHAHAHAHHAAHH...WE ARE DOWN TO THE "MR POOPY PANTS" ARGUMENTS! LOL "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" HAHAHAHAHAH

RoseGirl

Quote from: Sabu2K on August 05, 2015, 10:27:17 PM
The Dr may jump out a window by 10pm

yes, but would he land flat or roll away????

Textor

Quote from: Claudius on August 05, 2015, 10:26:57 PM
I would crap my pants if he called in.

Like last night, he'd probably start out by saying, "Well, you're both wrong..."

Claudius

My god take a ball spin the ball and have an ant move on the ball... OMG how is it not being pushed back!

rtz

The kid needs to get out and travel more.  Has probably never been out of his home state.

I'm all for good, awkward radio, but does anyone else feel bad for Dr. Grindlay being dragged into this moron fest?

kingotnw

I think the rational scientist should lose his cool and blast the flat earth guy. I'm waiting for it.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Catops on August 05, 2015, 10:27:46 PM
Dallas Thomspon was much better IMO.

yeah that was more entertaining

this one just scary

This guest is awful. Not really entertaining at all.

Dixon Bawls

You guys kidding? This is insane and I love it!