• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Who's Walking Who?

Started by Jojo, June 29, 2019, 02:04:17 AM

Jojo

I opened a new email account today.  When I was finished, the screen said:

"Check email, add events to your calendar, share files, and use Office apps online."

Is that, like, being given an order?  Do I have to?

Jackstar

The question to ask here, is whether you would bother to think twice if the same webpage told you to swallow carbs.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on July 01, 2019, 05:59:21 AM
The question to ask here, is whether you would bother to think twice if the same webpage told you to swallow carbs.
It's important to get daily carbs.  I'm sure my dinner was healthier than yours.

Jojo

Windows 10 won't let me listen on earbuds unless I answer their pop-up about what I plugged in.  None of their business.

Jackstar

https://nypost.com/2019/07/02/could-a-mandatory-keto-diet-improve-us-military-performance/

Quote from: Sixteen on July 02, 2019, 02:01:51 AM
It's important to get daily carbs.

Quote from: Sixteen on July 02, 2019, 02:01:51 AM
I'm sure my dinner was healthier than yours.

Dinners are not "healthy." They may well be "nutritious," in many cases, but in virtually all cases, the food is dead, long before it reaches your carb-hole.

Your perception of reality is utterly warped. Read more books.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on July 02, 2019, 07:12:44 PM
https://nypost.com/2019/07/02/could-a-mandatory-keto-diet-improve-us-military-performance/

Dinners are not "healthy." They may well be "nutritious," in many cases, but in virtually all cases, the food is dead, long before it reaches your carb-hole.

Miss Sayer's tract is very enlightening, and good. Thanks, I actually have never read that! Only her mysteries.
Gatto's stuff, from a more modern perspective, is even read by modern-day Teachers- at a higher level- (who, likely despise it.) "Closing of the American Mind" by Bloom is also a good one on the state of affairs with regard to the American public education system. (He didn't like the system of moral relativism, dumbing-down, and loss of teaching logical and critical thinking, Classics, Western Canon, etc.) Another one, because he just came to mind, was Milton J. Rosenberg, of U of Chicago fame who also had some tv and radio shows that were great. Interviews with lots of interesting/famous guests. The later years were also epic because he could not understand the concept (why?! of social-media, using digital money, the general quest for fame by infamy, the decadence and changing social "customs.")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_J._Rosenberg

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on July 02, 2019, 07:12:44 PM

What crass language.  Anyhow, I eat healthy, balanced meals and some food is straight from the garden.

Jackstar

Quote from: Sixteen on July 10, 2019, 02:21:18 PM
I eat healthy, balanced meals and some food is straight from the garden.

And then you pour sugar on it and wonder why your metabolism is broken. What a mystery.

Quote from: Sixteen on July 10, 2019, 02:21:18 PM
What crass language.

Buck up.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on July 10, 2019, 04:02:49 PM
And then you pour sugar on it and wonder why your metabolism is broken. What a mystery.
Buck up.
I don't pour sugar on my dinner.  You are rude.

For those who don't know, dark molasses had chromium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.  Honey has calcium.  And stevia sometimes froths up your coffee so it's a little like a latte.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on July 12, 2019, 04:23:55 AM
That's really just your opinion.
So you concede I have free will.