• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2016, 12:16:16 PM
https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/07/14/u-s-repeals-propaganda-ban-spreads-government-made-news-to-americans/

What are you on about? The Smith-Mundt Act that was, basically, repealed was about the legality of US government agencies to use propaganda on US citizens. To prevent a Pravda, Goebbels, or to lesser extent BBC-esque domestic "news" issuing fake or propaganda on its own people to advance some agenda.

I'm on about how instead of the propaganda machine needng to be home grown, you can import it from Russia. With few if any comeback.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 04, 2016, 12:30:36 PM
Stop sellng food? And sell it where? Or just not produce it? China and the West are inextricably linked. San Francisco harbour has a steady stream of container ships berthing there seven days a week, every week. Most of it from China. Can you imagine the port employees' reaction if you told them that "Trump was making America great again, by the way, you've lost your job." As will the truck drivers taking it all over. Cargo only airlines and their employees no longer distributing those goods...UPS, FedEx,DPL, etc...fewer parcels, fewer vans, fewer drivers...unemployment. Foreclosures, more homeless.   

Actually no. 1997 handover of HK had been agreed many years before. The UK wasn't bullied into it. Sure, it wasn't popular and many wanted the UK to renage on the deal. Having said that, it could be a far worse place than it is. Not perfect, but then it was never expected to be.
Why worry? After Calexit the Hollywood types are calling for it won't be our problem.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2016, 01:24:50 PM
Why worry? After Calexit the Hollywood types are calling for it won't be our problem.  ;)

And which inland port, just east of California will take cargo from China? Vegas?  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 04, 2016, 11:47:12 AM
And in the intervening period? What would you do about the catastrophic economic collapse?  Assuming of course that an invasion of Tawian hadn't escalated into major military conflict, and the west coast/ mid west of the USA wasn't glass.

But leaving it as a commercial standoff; where would the USA get its iphones, TV's, clothing, etc? Sure wouldn't be the USA, and the west is used to clicking a mouse and getting it the next day.

Utter bullshit. After three years (more like ten-fifteen) of nothing to buy cheaply enough, the USA wouldn't be a place to invest anything, because no-one, other than the very rich would be able to afford anything.

Oh? They have the west well and truly in their grasp. Trump is fooling himself if he really believes the USA will bring back an industrial and manufacturing infrastructure back from overseas. Why do you think he's in property/ hotels? Because he likes glass and concrete?

Oh, more sky is falling bullshit from pud.  ::)

We have nukes too, sunshine. Lots of them! You don't think we could turn China to glass?  ???

Your argument is total betacuck, We should cower to anyone acting tough according to you. This is why your country is is such a sorry state.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 04, 2016, 12:10:21 PM
Your mother sees one all the time; I'm surprised you haven't met each other as you were changing places. No?
You seriously ought to be very careful what you post on forums.... you might get a knock on the basement door.

Oooh! Another threat from Britain, miku. RUN!  ;D

Taaroa

Quote from: Chefist on December 04, 2016, 11:23:10 AM
If we stopped imports from China after they invaded Taiwan, their economy would collapse and they would have full scale rebellion on their hands.

Good luck stopping the global Chinese imports and exports without a physical blockade. The Chinese have a weird but strong patriotism - if they're at war they probably won't rebel simply because of that (and who knows, if there's a large rebellion the govt might try a war to distract from domestic issues à la the Falklands and Argentina).

The dollar would be stronger than ever, and the entire world would put their money here, which we would use to rebuild manufacturing...

It'd probably tank due to interrupted global trade, and you'd find people parking money in a country not affected by any conflict and with historic stability.

China is not in a strong position, which is why they are firing missiles and building bases in the China Seas.

I think the modern Chinese military is fairly untested with their last conflict being in the 70s against Vietnam (which was unsuccessful), and there have been rumblings about their logistics infrastructure being weak. They also have a lot of difficulty making quality jet engines (they still import from Russia), so they might have difficulty sourcing such hardware if the shit hits the fan.

WOTR

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 04, 2016, 10:17:21 AM
Geeez for such a smart fellow you just don't get the basics.

1.America being an economic powerhouse house is good for the World..
America
2.Obama was bankrupting the country "economic spiral"

3. Trumpie's grand scheme is to make America great again. ie return America to being an economic powerhouse that can "rule the roost because living under Americas thumb and being serfs is what the rest of the world is longing for.

4. Loop back to number 1... and reread until you understand.
Fixed.

I get that there needs to be an economic leader.  I get that the American economy doing well is a good thing (so is the Chinese economy doing well...)  However, I'm pretty certain that if you ask the Pakistanis and Ethiopians if America "ruling the roost" is good you may get a different answer than you might expect...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2016, 01:48:18 PM
Oh, more sky is falling bullshit from pud.  ::)

We have nukes too, sunshine. Lots of them! You don't think we could turn China to glass?  ???

Your argument is total betacuck, We should cower to anyone acting tough according to you. This is why your country is is such a sorry state.  ;)

Be silent. Child. This is grown ups talk. Go and play.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 04, 2016, 09:58:30 AM
It's been nearly 70 years since the takeover of the mainland in 1949.  So far, no war.  Hardly fanatical.  Taiwan is heavily defended, it's not at all clear things would go China's way, and there is no reason for them to try.

Do some research before you draw conclusions. Look at the forces the mainland keeps constantly deployed all along the coast near Taiwan. An overwhelming array of missiles and planes (supported by the world's largest army), all aimed at Taiwan. And all for offense, not for defense. They train routinely for amphibious assault with Taiwan as their objective.

Only the threat of American help in defending Taiwan (no defense treaty) has deterred an invasion. If relations deteriorate enough and they feel provoked, they are likely to invade and to do it when we don't have the forces in place to stop them succeeding (it takes time to get carrier groups in place). The Chinese feel much more strongly about Taiwan than the Russians do about Crimea -- and look at what the Russians have done in Crimea.

Never underestimate the enemy or overestimate your own power. Particularly when you're trying to operate just hundreds of miles from their territory and thousands of miles from your own.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 04, 2016, 03:10:54 PM

"And I have the principles of any political whore. I'll freely prostitute myself and even distance myself from remarks I may or may not have made before Ol Don as I like to call him, won the election. Some may have misinterpreted my comment about him being phoney, as negative. They were obviously mistaken."

Mitt (Mr 47%) Romney.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 04, 2016, 03:56:37 PM
Do some research before you draw conclusions. Look at the forces the mainland keeps constantly deployed all along the coast near Taiwan. An overwhelming array of missiles and planes (supported by the world's largest army), all aimed at Taiwan. And all for offense, not for defense. They train routinely for amphibious assault with Taiwan as their objective.

Only the threat of American help in defending Taiwan (no defense treaty) has deterred an invasion. If relations deteriorate enough and they feel provoked, they are likely to invade and to do it when we don't have the forces in place to stop them succeeding (it takes time to get carrier groups in place). The Chinese feel much more strongly about Taiwan than the Russians do about Crimea -- and look at what the Russians have done in Crimea.

Never underestimate the enemy or overestimate your own power. Particularly when you're trying to operate just hundreds of miles from their territory and thousands of miles from your own.

So, essentially you're saying do nothing out of fear. That's been working great, hasn't it?  :D

Maybe we'll beat them to the "invasion."  ;)

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2016, 04:00:45 PM
So, essentially you're saying do nothing out of fear. That's been working great, hasn't it?  :D

why would we invade taiwan? since thats the invasion PI is talking about.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2016, 04:00:45 PM

So far Taiwan hasn't been attacked by the Chinese. You think its a wise idea for Trump to piss them off so they do? And it'll be worthwhile sacrificing 1000's of Taiwanese just to make a point?

Hmmm.

Jackstar

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 04, 2016, 03:56:37 PM
Do some research before you draw conclusions. Look at the forces [...] all aimed at Taiwan. And all for offense, not for defense. They train routinely for amphibious assault with Taiwan as their objective.

This probably goes a long way towards convincing the local population that Taiwan isn't the true location of The Lich King's phylactery. How does this not seem obvious to you?

Oh, right. An irrational number.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 04, 2016, 04:05:11 PM
So far Taiwan hasn't been attacked by the Chinese. You think its a wise idea for Trump to piss them off so they do? And it'll be worthwhile sacrificing 1000's of Taiwanese just to make a point?

Hmmm.

Let's just say that I've come to believe that the opposite of whatever you recommend is usually the right course of action.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on November 29, 2016, 07:32:16 PM
No one, but no one, was pissed that Romney Reek lost. Fuck that guy. What a prick.

FT4M

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 29, 2016, 07:15:02 PM
The Native Americans were for the pipeline until the planners changed the route diverting it from reservation land.  The Indians were going to get $30,000,000 from it. At least that is what I heard.  Now some of them are against it since there are no benefits for them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/authorities-to-conditionally-move-from-bridge-near-protest/2016/12/04/64d914fe-ba25-11e6-ae79-bec72d34f8c9_story.html

I'm actually not sure what this means, but I think it's relevant that the Army men with guns is are involved.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2016, 04:17:31 PM
Let's just say that I've come to believe that the opposite of whatever you recommend is usually the right course of action.  ;)

Shall we also say you haven't a clue about the world outside your bedroom? Seems fair.

I haven't recommended anything, just (as have others) pointed out what your woefully inadequate knowledge of the world, gives you the means to understand. But its fine. Concentrate on trying shave without it looking like an abattoir when you've finished, for now.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 04, 2016, 04:25:03 PM
Shall we also say you haven't a clue about the world outside your bedroom? Seems fair.

I haven't recommended anything, just (as have others) pointed out what your woefully inadequate knowledge of the world, gives you the means to understand. But its fine. Concentrate on trying shave without it looking like an abattoir when you've finished, for now.

Sure you do. You recommend that we sit on our hands and be good little boys and girls while your queen steers the course of the world.  ::)

Oh, pud. What do you see when you look out your bedroom window? A jihadi raping your ex-wife in the streets? Or is she actually into that?  :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2016, 04:34:28 PM
Sure you do. You recommend that we sit on our hands and be good little boys and girls while your queen steers the course of the world.  ::)

I'm keen to read that. Link?

Oh, pud. What do you see when you look out your bedroom window? A jihadi raping your ex-wife in the streets? Or is she actually into that?  :D

Not as much as you and your mother. Although to be fair, your mother likes it less after you've been there first. Its the smell I believe.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 04, 2016, 04:39:40 PM
I'm keen to read that. Link?

Not as much as you and your mother. Although to be fair, your mother likes it less after you've been there first. Its the smell I believe.

She's been dead for several years now. Maybe that's what you're smelling.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2016, 04:41:17 PM
She's been dead for several years now. Maybe that's what you're smelling.  ;)

Never stopped you though.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 04, 2016, 04:43:08 PM
Never stopped you though.

pud, I know that since your wife left you you've had to engage in these little fantasies of yours but that's just sick, dude.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2016, 04:44:51 PM
pud, I know that since your wife left you you've had to engage in these little fantasies of yours but that's just sick, dude.  ::)

I only have your videos to go on. I can see why redtube banned them.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 04, 2016, 04:45:46 PM
see above, re: "Yorkshireman"

Does it scare you Seattle boy? Be honest. For once!!!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on December 04, 2016, 04:45:46 PM
see above, re: "Yorkshireman"

I still say we need to invade England. He's proof of that.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Anyway; back to Trump....

Sarah Palin -- an early Donald Trump supporter and possible administration hire -- is questioning whether the president-elect’s Carrier jobs deal is a case of “crony capitalism.”

“When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent,” Palin wrote in an op-ed for the Young Conservative website.

Wow! Who would have guessed that?  ;D

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/03/early-trump-supporter-palin-suggests-carrier-deal-is-crony-capitalism.html