• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rush Limbaugh

Started by Marc.Knight, March 17, 2011, 10:10:10 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: JesusJuice has risen on January 10, 2017, 10:50:51 PM
Rush is no longer carried live on WLS AM in Chicago. He's on a one hour delay. They're getting ready to dump his program.

shame.  it's the only political talk radio that really matters, in my opinion.

Lunger

Quote from: JesusJuice has risen on January 10, 2017, 10:50:51 PM
Rush is no longer carried live on WLS AM in Chicago. He's on a one hour delay. They're getting ready to dump his program.

He's good through 2019

JesusJuice

Quote from: Lunger on January 11, 2017, 02:54:14 AM
He's good through 2019

WLS AM wants to be a general talk, news and sports station like WGN. They want to get rid of all the political shows and focus more on local live shows. They've dump Michael Savage already. They became the official radio home for the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bulls. They have live local programming from 6am to 12pm and from 3pm to 7pm. Rush is on delay from 12pm to 3pm. The plan is put Rush on at night in Mark Levin's spot after Levin gets dropped which is soon. They want to fill Rush's old afternoon spot with live and local.

Juan

WLS needs to bring back Larry Lujack and his reverb.

Rush still gets over 13M listeners per week. It is not a surprise that the liberal rags discount his relevancy. More fake news.

chefist

He's killing it today...he even detailed the 4chan troll on the MSM and establishment, calling out McCain and spy services.

yumyumtree

Rush has turned into one of the most disgusting pro-Trump whores. I'm a Never-Trump conservative, for those who are new here. I am appalled at what's come over a lot of t hese people, including some on the   Christian station. I heard one local evangelical talk show hostess brag on what a great father figure Trump is. (When liberals used to talk that way about Clinton or Obama, they got ridiculed.) I heard Dennis,Prager claiming, that by admitting to being a sexual harrasser Trump has proven he doesn't hate women.After 2016, I'm coming to hate them all--liberals, conservatives, Republicans, Democrats, Evangelicals, men, women, Pepe, everybody. But especially talk radio. And I believe hating is wrong.

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 04, 2017, 12:54:52 AM
Rush has turned into one of the most disgusting pro-Trump whores. I'm a Never-Trump conservative, for those who are new here. I am appalled at what's come over a lot of t hese people, including some on the   Christian station. I heard one local evangelical talk show hostess brag on what a great father figure Trump is. (When liberals used to talk that way about Clinton or Obama, they got ridiculed.) I heard Dennis,Prager claiming, that by admitting to being a sexual harrasser Trump has proven he doesn't hate women.After 2016, I'm coming to hate them all--liberals, conservatives, Republicans, Democrats, Evangelicals, men, women, Pepe, everybody. But especially talk radio. And I believe hating is wrong.

I'm not a NeverTrumper and I voted for him as President but I frankly don't care for the man as a person.   I voted for Cruz in the primary.  His track record with women is appalling but then again so was Bill Clinton's though to be honest I'd probably rather hang out with Bill rather than Trump.  I guess Christians like him because he seems to be throwing some bones to them and not attacking them the way leftist Democrats do.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 04, 2017, 12:54:52 AM

I've seen more red meat "conservatism" from Trump in two weeks than from any mainstream Republican in my lifetime. I think your post highlights the uselessness of the "conservative" label these days, since so many of you did everything you could to ensure HRC would be choosing Supreme Court nominees and IRS commissioners. And for what? So you could show everyone how principled you are? I'm probably correct in assuming, given a choice, you'd rather see Jeb! as President at this moment. That's how tight a grip your emotions have on you where Trump is concerned.

And Rush's analysis for the last eighteen months has been second to none. Go listen to The Ben Shapiro Program if irrational, self defeating Trump bashing is what you need to hear in order to confirm your biases.

Quote from: Σ> on February 04, 2017, 03:06:59 AM
I've seen more red meat "conservatism" from Trump in two weeks than from any mainstream Republican in my lifetime. I think your post points out the uselessness of the "conservative" label these days, since so many of you did everything you could to ensure HRC would be choosing Supreme Court nominees.

This is true.  He has done more for conservatives than HW Bush and  W ever did.  I may not like the guy but I'm liking his policies.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 03:11:58 AM
This is true.  He has done more for conservatives than HW Bush and  W ever did.  I may not like the guy but I'm liking his policies.

None of this was ever about Trump the guy. That's what so many people still don't get. I just chuckle when someone points out a character or personality flaw in Trump as if that should have meaning to me or as if that somehow inherently wins an argument. It's all I see in the Trump thread. I can't even have my time wasted bothering with it or the predictable angles of attack found there.

MV/Liberace!

I've seen more red meat "conservatism" from Trump in two weeks than from any mainstream Republican in my lifetime. I think your post highlights the uselessness of the "conservative" label these days, since so many of you did everything you could to ensure HRC would be choosing Supreme Court nominees and IRS commissioners. And for what? So you could show everyone how principled you are? I'm probably correct in assuming, given a choice, you'd rather see Jeb! as President at this moment. That's how tight a grip your emotions have on you where Trump is concerned.

And Rush's analysis for the last eighteen months has been second to none. Go listen to The Ben Shapiro Program if irrational, self defeating Trump bashing is what you need to hear in order to confirm your biases.

I've revised this post.

Taaroa

Quote from: Σ> on January 10, 2017, 11:20:01 PM
shame.  it's the only political talk radio that really matters, in my opinion.

Is there somewhere some continentally challenged person can listen to old shows?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 02:30:52 AM
I'm not a NeverTrumper and I voted for him as President but I frankly don't care for the man as a person.   I voted for Cruz in the primary.  His track record with women is appalling but then again so was Bill Clinton's though to be honest I'd probably rather hang out with Bill rather than Trump.  I guess Christians like him because he seems to be throwing some bones to them and not attacking them the way leftist Democrats do.

I guess when you believe everything the mainstream media tells you you're bound to feel conflicted. They're pretty much making it up as they go now.  :D

aldousburbank

I've seen more red meat "conservatism" from Trump in two weeks than from any mainstream Republican in my lifetime.

What type of whine pairs with that?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Taaroa on February 04, 2017, 05:11:41 AM
Is there somewhere some continentally challenged person can listen to old shows?

probably bittorrent.

thepiratebay.org

install utorrent first.

Ciardelo

Usenet is worldwide.

alt.binaries.sounds.radio.misc

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 04, 2017, 07:44:03 AM
I guess when you believe everything the mainstream media tells you you're bound to feel conflicted. They're pretty much making it up as they go now.  :D

I believe jack-shit from the mainstream media.  I don't like how Trump dumps wives after they have aged a bit.  Where has he valued the sanctity of marriage?  And he has treated other people like shit over the years with his constant urgings to local governments to kick people out of their homes using eminent domain.  I personally have a huge problem with eminent domain.  It is used way too liberally and should only apply in instances where someone wants to put in a highway or something along those lines.

Yeah Trump has behaved like a shit during his life and I will not defend it.  I will praise him when he does something right which he is largely doing now.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 04:09:42 PM
Yeah Trump has behaved like a shit during his life and I will not defend it.  I will praise him when he does something right which he is largely doing now.

First, I challenge you to show me what out of all that DNC election propaganda was verified to be real.

Second, stop acting like you're one of the chicks on The View. We elected president to get some stuff done that we want done, not to analyze the man's personal life with a microscope.  ::)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 04, 2017, 04:18:16 PM
First, I challenge you to show me what out of all that DNC election propaganda was verified to be real.

Second, stop acting like you're one of the chicks on The View. We elected president to get some stuff done that we want done, not to analyze the man's personal life with a microscope.  ::)

I lived in New Jersey when the eminent domain shit was going down.  This was decades ago.  He admitted to it during the primary debates.  Go dig into it yourself.  I don't have a problem with you, MD, but you shouldn't hold Trump to an ideal he can't possibly live up to.  As I said, he has generally done a fine a job as President so far except again I would take away his twitter.

As for his marriages, his record speaks for itself.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 04:24:47 PM
I lived in New Jersey when the eminent domain shit was going down.  This was decades ago.  He admitted to it during the primary debates.  Go dig into it yourself.  I don't have a problem with you, MD, but you shouldn't hold Trump to an ideal he can't possibly live up to.  As I said, he has generally done a fine a job as President so far except again I would take away his twitter.

I'm not sure about the eminent domain issue. I was only referring to you indulging in unproven (and pretty obvious, really) campaign rhetoric. You have a habit of bandwagon jumping when the heat on the old propaganda machine gets turned up. It's what separates the men from the boys though. Remember a couple weeks ago when you were accusing me of carrying water for Russia because I thought the Russian hacking story was bullshit? Well, I haven't heard you mention this "urgent" matter since. Now you're back to accusing Trump of sexism.  ::)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 04:09:42 PM
I don't like how Trump dumps wives after they have aged a bit.  Where has he valued the sanctity of marriage?

i learned long ago not to bother evaluating or emotionally inveseting in how/why someone's marriage ended.  one can never really know or understand the closed door dynamics of someone else's relationship.  but, again, this is more trump "the man" stuff, which, as i pointed out, is not what motivated people to vote for him in the first place... and didn't motivate people to abandon him.  why?  because this election was about saving western civilization, not whether trump is a nice guy or whatever.

trump's use of eminent domain?  i'd agree with you on that.  i don't like property being taken just because the resulting project will generate more tax revenue.  i don't believe that was the intent behind eminent domain laws at all.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 04:24:47 PM
I don't have a problem with you, MD, but you shouldn't hold Trump to an ideal he can't possibly live up to.

but isn't that what you're doing by placing trump's marital failures at the top of your grievance list here?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 04, 2017, 04:18:16 PM
Second, stop acting like you're one of the chicks on The View.

zing!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 04, 2017, 04:30:15 PM
I'm not sure about the eminent domain issue. I was only referring to you indulging in unproven (and pretty obvious, really) campaign rhetoric. You have a habit of bandwagon jumping when the heat on the old propaganda machine gets turned up. It's what separates the men from the boys though. Remember a couple weeks ago when you were accusing me of carrying water for Russia because I thought the Russian hacking story was bullshit? Well, I haven't heard you mention this "urgent" matter since. Now you're back to accusing Trump of sexism.  ::)

His record throughout the years speaks for itself.  I don't care for people who don't value the sanctity of marriage dumping older models for newer models.  Til death do us part means nothing to Trump but it means a lot to me.  And yes, I believe at times he has probably behaved deplorably to some women.  Nothing really criminal though as the Democrats would have people believe.

For the record about the Russia hacking, I thought the Democratic accusations were dubious at best but at the same time, I don't want Trump carrying water for Putin.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 04:38:34 PM
Til death do us part means nothing to Trump but it means a lot to me.

then incorporate that into your life and live it.  trump isn't stopping you.

Quote from: Σ> on February 04, 2017, 04:42:52 PM

No, but we're still allowed to have opinions, and voice them.

Trump the person is a blustering jerk.  He doesn't seem that bright, if he is he hides it well.  He treats people very poorly, not a good trait for the nation's top diplomat.  He doesn't have the temperament to be president.  I still think this is going to end badly.  Schwarzenegger badly. 

So far he's picking the obvious, low hanging fruit, and listening to his advisers to a certain extent, but he's already made predictable unnecessary heavy handed blunders - with our friends and trading partners in Mexico, our allies in Australia, and with the travel ban.  He's going to need Congress to push his agenda through, and if he starts sinking, they aren't going to be on his bandwagon, they're going to try to save themselves.

None of this is new.

He's also Not Hilary, and being Not Hilary is the Number 1 job for the new president.  If he learns to think before tweeting and speaking, to keep certain conversations behind closed doors, to let his people do their jobs and takes their advice, he can be a great president.  His choice.

zeebo

Of all the conservative talk, Rush is my fave, mostly because he's got a dry sense of humor and a flair for the dramatic.  He does not add to my tension or road rage levels while driving around.  He's actually got some funny lines.  And he doesn't sound as bitter or unhinged as some of the others, like Savage or Levin or the dreaded Beck.  Whether I agree with his points or not doesn't really matter as I think he's fun to listen to either way, well in small doses at least.

Quote from: Σ> on February 04, 2017, 04:42:52 PM

I do and I didn't say he was.  I am merely pointing out that Trump as a person leaves a lot to be desired. He is not someone I would look up to as a role model.  I know none of us are perfect but I believe character is important.  I believed the same when Clinton was President.