• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Albums You Love Front To Back

Started by ponyboysunset, October 04, 2017, 04:18:59 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 08:41:14 PM
Thanks man, everybody is posting good ones.  I have the Van Halen, Dio and Iron Maiden Albums that have been mentioned.  You can see I have a broad taste in music.  I'd post a Beatles one probably Abbey Road but they don't have them on youtube.

When I was a kid we only bought 45s. Maybe one per month. Abbey Road was my first LP.

The Best Live Album by an early pioneering rock artist.  He is on fire here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxh9XIiVUAE

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 08:47:24 PM
I'm also partial to the Smile Sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af45mDKHc4A&list=PL9AiHhX759gBTeax22-wlfbgJfFPnFP2c

It's an interesting album. It's still very pet sounds but you can also hear the wheels starting to come off too.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 04, 2017, 08:49:06 PM
It's an interesting album. It's still very pet sounds but you can also hear the wheels starting to come off too.  ;)

True.  Kinda creepy in places like a bad LSD trip.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 04, 2017, 08:44:55 PM
The problem with the Beatles is that pretty much every one of their albums is front to back good.

I know.  It becomes rather redundant.  In a way I almost prefer their early albums. The optimism is infectious as are the melodies and really they rocked the best in the early years.

I'm not the biggest Springsteen fan especially these days but this was a great album back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KinUVq6YdRU

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 08:41:14 PM
Thanks man, everybody is posting good ones.  I have the Van Halen, Dio and Iron Maiden Albums that have been mentioned.  You can see I have a broad taste in music.  I'd post a Beatles one probably Abbey Road but they don't have them on youtube.

I think Abbey Road is my favorite as well. But so many are so good it's hard to pick just one. But Sgt Pepper and Rubber Soul is up there too

This band is a later love of mine.  Sleaziest band ever .  I'll pick this album because it is pretty representative of everything I love about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQbYWk6loo

Already mentioned:

Stones / Some Girls
Frampton Comes Alive
Floyd / Dark Side

Floyd / Wish
Floyd / Animals
Skynyrd / Pronounced
Skynyrd / Second Helping
Skynyrd / Nuthin' Fancy
Skynyrd / Gimme Back My Bullets
Skynyrd / Street Survivors
Skynyrd / One More From the Road
AC/DC / Back in Black
Doors - all of them, but sounding a bit dated
Led Zep - I, II, III, IV, Houses, Physical Graffiti
Santana - I, II, III
Steve Miller / Fly Like an Eagle
Rodrigo y Gabriella - self titled first album

Stopping there, tons more.  So many others with one or two tracks they'd have been better off without...

Greatest hits aren't really albums, but special mention for Neil Young / Decade

Guilty pleasure for sheer humor and awfulness - NWA / Straight Outta Compton

Swishypants

We're all fucking OLD! But that's why this site rules! At least none of you are as pussy as the Millennial fuckheads. Except for MD; he's a fucker! I have a Marantz and Pioneer Hi-Fi system and records and cassettes of most of this stuff. Good choices all around.

Quote from: Swishypants on October 04, 2017, 09:18:36 PM
We're all fucking OLD! But that's why this site rules! At least none of you are as pussy as the Millennial fuckheads. Except for MD; he's a fucker! I have a Marantz and Pioneer Hi-Fi system and records and cassettes of most of this stuff. Good choices all around.

Speak for yourself.  I'm posting recordings that are older than me.  LOL

Swishypants

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 09:24:14 PM
Speak for yourself.  I'm posting recordings that are older than me.  LOL

That's weird because your wife was 46. You like the microwaved meat huh?

Quote from: Swishypants on October 04, 2017, 09:25:49 PM
That's weird because your wife was 46. You like the microwaved meat huh?

We are both 39. ;)

Swishypants

I'm definitely going to end up drilling ponyboysunset into the mattress "Pirate Style" eventually. After she gets a dose of this cold blue steel, and the steam clears off her cooch, she'll be wearing dresses and making sammiches! I know all the Lesbian tricks! :) 

I can't remember my first LP.   Probably a Styx record like Pieces of Eight.  I'll have to look through my albums and see if I can remember.  I remember the first 45's I bought were

The Beach Boys Rock 'n' Roll Music
Wings Let Em 'In
Bay City Rollers Saturday Night
Elton John and Kiki Dee Don't Go Breaking My Heart

I also bought an oldie 45 of Twilight Time by the Platters.

I was very young.  Younger than 10 when I bought those.

Couple of years later I bought some oldie Elvis 45's like Jailhouse Rock and Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel.  Then I started buying contemporary lp's like Styx.  Became a Beatlemaniac and bought all of their records.  Then I bought harder rock like The Scorpions and current fare from bands like ELO.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 09:43:43 PM
I can't remember my first LP.   Probably a Styx record like Pieces of Eight.  I'll have to look through my albums and see if I can remember.  I remember the first 45's I bought were

Wings Let Em 'In

Couple of years later I bought some oldie Elvis 45's  Jailhouse Rock and Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel.  Then I started buying contemporary lp's like Styx.  Became a Beatlemaniac and bought all of their records.  Then I bought harder rock like The Scorpions and current fare from bands like ELO.

My first records that weren't child oriented stuff like Dr. Suess's Sleep Book (seriously, if you're having trouble falling asleep put this on) were the from the illustrious K-Tel line. Anyone remember K-Tel records? So, I guess my first album from a group or artist was Bay City Rollers Saturday Night followed by ABBA's greatest hits. I also remember getting the Star Wars soundtrack record on one of my birthdays.

The best thing Macca has done in the last 18 years is Run Devil Run.  It is basically a covers album but it is great with David Gilmour, Mick Green, and Ian Paice as the sidemen.  I've been pretty disappointed with most of Macca's music since.  He's trying too hard to be hip and stay relevant.

starrmtn001

I love The Moody Blues.  My sons love The Moody Blues.  And, I'm pretty sure my Grandkids love The Moody Blues.  That's three generations that love The Moody Blues. ;D

Thanks for the thread, PBS.  It's got legs. ;)

https://youtu.be/ioQsVyYU6HU

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 04, 2017, 10:01:04 PM
I love The Moody Blues.  My sons love The Moody Blues.  And, I'm pretty sure my Grandkids love The Moody Blues.  That's three generations that love The Moody Blues. ;D

Me too, Starr...and my dad too. In fact, he had that album.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 04, 2017, 10:01:04 PM

Talk about a band that is underrated.  It is a crime that they are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Excellent choice.  My pick from them is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Ja4u8_RGQ

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 09:43:43 PM

Wings Let Em 'In

Couple of years later I bought some oldie Elvis 45's like Jailhouse Rock and Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel.  Then I started buying contemporary lp's like Styx.  Became a Beatlemaniac and bought all of their records.  Then I bought harder rock like The Scorpions and current fare from bands like ELO.
WTF was I thinking (one reason I will not be some kind of "Futurist" on C2C) selling, basically giving away by albums back-when the CD and even the ill-fated (but actually good system) mini-disc era! I didn't predict Hipsters or that stuff like even Herp Alpert and punk albums would go for $. And all my Willie and various Austin and Outlaw country.... :'(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 04, 2017, 10:04:16 PM
Talk about a band that is underrated.  It is a crime that they are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Excellent choice.  My pick from them is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Ja4u8_RGQ

He had that one too and, of course, Nights.