• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131008 - John Hogue - Prophecies for 2013/2014

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 08, 2013, 07:55:02 AM

casioson

TIME TRAVELERS HOTLINE!!!!

HOPE JOHN TITOR CALLS!

Spinner

Quote from: Remley on October 08, 2013, 09:20:46 PM
. . . but I'm having a few concerns that not much effort is being made to secure dynamic and interesting guests
If you have a particular guest in mind, you can email Paul Bowman with the info.

Quote from: casioson on October 08, 2013, 09:21:28 PM
i blame canada and tony clifton

Oh, Canada...such an easy shot.  But I'll take it, just so long as it's tasty!

Why is the show tonight not great?  Something about Art bailing out of the U.S.?

It would be great for Phil Hendrie to call in, in a tasty and respectful manner.

eddie dean

Quote from: BobGrau on October 08, 2013, 09:24:05 PM
He's the Scrappy Doo of the GIS.

Ha,ha! and Bellgabbers are the meddling kids who always foil the "Chumba"

indigoo

Quote from: Remley on October 08, 2013, 09:20:46 PM
I agree.  I'm thrilled Art came back, but in all honesty I am mostly disappointed with the guests so far.
This is such a great opportunity for Art to shine again, but I'm having a few concerns that not much effort is being made to secure dynamic and interesting guests

I have been feeling this way off and on. There's some good shows so far but more guests that weren't very interesting. There's a lot more out there, and he should really be seeking it out. Hopefully he doesn't keep trying to 100% replicate the old days. The material and the times were in different places.

Though the old Hogue stuff was entertaining. We'll see how tonight goes.

Falkie2013

Quote from: eddie dean on October 08, 2013, 09:29:08 PM
Ha,ha! and Bellgabbers are the meddling kids who always foil the "Chumba"

Maybe its time for us to create the first Bellgab dance.

" Everyone do the Chumba ! "

Spooky Matter

I say we all come together and pick all of November's guests for him now. Cause that's a lot of scheduling!

And dancing!

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on October 08, 2013, 09:26:46 PM
Just tuned in...What did I miss?
First Jorch had some fear-monger called "Alex" on, and they talked with really gravelly voices about Eugenics and the shadow government Illuminati. Then, some guy named "Steve" from Montana came on and he sounded like he was pretty tweaked. Then a old dude named "Gerald" with a heavy New York accent came on and was really pissed about something that happened to him on Wall Street...Oh wait!...Sorry, wrong program!

Spooky Matter

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 08, 2013, 09:30:35 PM
Maybe its time for us to create the first Bellgab dance.

" Everyone do the Chumba ! "
I like the Jimmy myself :  )))
In fact I prefer it damn it all!

Desmond

Quote from: Spinner on October 08, 2013, 09:27:58 PM

If you have a particular guest in mind, you can email Paul Bowman with the info.

True, but really... isn't that what we pay him to do thru our subscription fees?  lol, entertain and enlighten us?  I want to be surprised and have my intellectual curiosity stirred by some intelligent discussion with people I don't know of but that are interesting.

I'm sure Paul is getting lots of suggestions, I hope Art will be open to some new blood and not just recycle the 90's (as entertaining as it was then).

Wintermute

Wow... this guy can hear everything in Iran at any time. He knows Farsi or has a psychic hawk. Amazing!

casioson

i think art is going thro his calling old friends part of getting a new show.... give it some time.....

RedMichael

I can live with non partisan politics that the general public doesn't hear too much about. He is taking a look at the issues and seems to avoid leaning one way or the other. It is Art's show. No Premrat's or a major news network, so it is an interesting perspective filtered on here, right or wrong, good or bad. Cool.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: Remley on October 08, 2013, 09:35:33 PM
True, but really... isn't that what we pay him to do thru our subscription fees?  lol, entertain and enlighten us?  I want to be surprised and have my intellectual curiosity stirred by some intelligent discussion with people I don't know of but that are interesting.

I'm sure Paul is getting lots of suggestions, I hope Art will be open to some new blood and not just recycle the 90's (as entertaining as it was then).
Good post.  I think he just wants listener's to know they can suggest someone they'd like to hear.  It's very hospitable.  Maybe not so literal.

mikealden

I have to say I'm loving the fact that Art is back and I've loved the shows (for the most part) but I keep seeing people complain about the guests and bumpers and so forth . I'm wondering if someone can point me toward a specific period of time where you felt Art's show was ideal and point out how it's different from the way it is now.

Not trying to be snarky, I just haven't seen any sort of consensus on this sort of thing and I was curious.

RedMichael

Quote from: Remley on October 08, 2013, 09:35:33 PM

I just think it is waay too early. Of course I don't have much experience with late night radio shows and how they operate so I will default to your experience. I mean it hasn't been a month has it?

Disclaimer: I think the show is awesome and don't have any complaints. However I realize everyone is different and one might find one guest good and another bad while another person might be the exact opposite as to who they liked and disliked. It is just impossible to please everyone. Compare Bell's guests to Noorys or.....WELLS. Thank your stars.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: RedMichael on October 08, 2013, 09:38:21 PM
I can live with politics. He is taking a look at the issues and seems to avoid leaning one way or the other. It is Art's show. No Premrat's or a major news network, so it is an interesting perspective filtered on here, right or wrong, good or bad. Cool.
Truth be told I really like these topics and hearing Art discuss them is better than peanuts on my Pad Thai!  I get sick of the paranormal at times. And the same songs too ;  ))

DanTSX

Quote from: steelbot on October 08, 2013, 08:28:56 PM
heheheh get ready.....a band.

a band at the mall

Like Santa Claus, they play EVERY mall.

Zap Rowsdower

Dark Matter is awesome and it's only getting better every day.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: mikealden on October 08, 2013, 09:39:43 PM
I have to say I'm loving the fact that Art is back and I've loved the shows (for the most part) but I keep seeing people complain about the guests and bumpers and so forth . I'm wondering if someone can point me toward a specific period of time where you felt Art's show was ideal and point out how it's different from the way it is now.

Not trying to be snarky, I just haven't seen any sort of consensus on this sort of thing and I was curious.
I'm personally being satirical.  Definitely not Sirius about everything.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on October 08, 2013, 09:42:12 PM
Dark Matter is awesome and it's only getting better every day.
Thanks for letting us know Zappy  :o

Spinner

Quote from: RedMichael on October 08, 2013, 09:40:40 PM
I think the show is awesome and don't have any complaints. However I realize everyone is different and one might find one guest good and another bad while another person might be the exact opposite as to who they liked and disliked. It is just impossible to please everyone. Compare Bell's guests to Noorys or.....WELLS. Thank your stars.
+1

Nighthawk

Quote from: RedMichael on October 08, 2013, 09:38:21 PM
I can live with non partisan politics that the general public doesn't hear too much about. He is taking a look at the issues and seems to avoid leaning one way or the other. It is Art's show. No Premrat's or a major news network, so it is an interesting perspective filtered on here, right or wrong, good or bad. Cool.

Yes I couldn't agree more.