• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on April 03, 2016, 08:48:14 PM
yeah i want fireball xl5  back !!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ifS2nP53Zs
Yes that's it. You are the first one to "get it" I starred with Steve Zodiac in the 60's on Fire Ball Xl5. The reported stories about Steve and I, were just that.  We had a working relationship only.   Fine Man he was...

NXOEED

Quote from: laserjock on April 03, 2016, 09:58:32 AM

Yes, what finally pushed me over the edge was Bell's final cop out being "shot at" which is bullshit, and then, worse, he campaigns for one of the most evil numbskulls in modern politics (although Cruz is worse). Mind you, I don't like Shillary either.

Wow, you guys are still at it, huh?

I've kind of stopped listening, mostly because my schedule isn't affording me the luxury of checking in with the show right now. Still like the people involved, and still wish you all the best, whether you're cool with your talk show hosts or furious with them for five months straight.

I hope that you guys are able to find some peace with things the way they are at some point.

GravitySucks

Quote from: venix on April 03, 2016, 08:56:12 PM
Art with all due respect you really screwed the pooch with your choice of replacement. She is just terrible. Time to put the network to sleep.

Send an email to Keith. Art has nothing to do with the network.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 03, 2016, 09:00:25 PM
Send an email to Keith. Art has nothing to do with the network.

Art gave his blessing for Eberhardt to be fired when GED Wade threw a tantrum. Does that sound like someone with no involvement?

chefist

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 03, 2016, 09:03:02 PM
Art gave his blessing for Eberhardt to be fired when GED Wade threw a tantrum. Does that sound like someone with no involvement?

And he still picks the bumper music, right?

littlechris

Quote from: ge30542 on March 31, 2016, 04:52:18 PM
Hautex, security bases have been covered. Another lifelong friend of myself, Art and Bobo, is the legendary Las Vegas drag-queen Miss Formica Dinette. She is putting Art in FULL drag, ( can't reveal, for obvious reasons, Arts gown choice, but Formica says, "Art will look FABULOUS"),  we will change cars twice between the airport and Art's compound. Art will wear a bullet proof brassiere, etc, etc. We've spared no expenses on the security front. We have passwords and a secret handshake. I just hung up the phone, and Art wants to personally thank you Hautex for your concern over his safety. Are you available to join us?

Will he be fondling aliens too?

Wonderlust

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on April 03, 2016, 08:40:04 PM
Art thanks for being honest with us...  Nice to see you here.  📻 Hope you hear you on the air for a cameo soon📻

Funny thing; initially Art was all about commitment and promise.

Now it's about tuning in with  crossed fingers and  hoping for the Guru and not his prodigy........it's about the only  way to get  people listening

Art Bell

I am not going to try and defend Heather but if she had not done the show on that day there would be no show. the solution for those that don't like it is don't listen and if enough of you do that there will be no show, that's how the biz works.

I have no connection to the Network any longer. Yes I try to help Heather as she learns the ropes but that's all.

I do agree that this board should be given a new name.

Art

Quote from: Wonderlust on April 03, 2016, 09:07:41 PM
Funny thing; initially Art was all about commitment and promise.

Now it's about tuning in with  crossed fingers and  hoping for the Guru and not his prodigy........it's about the only  way to get  people listening
Wish I knew how to Quit him🔭

littlechris

Quote from: Art Bell on April 03, 2016, 09:08:43 PM

Art

Ouch!

I am not going to try and defend Heather but if she had not done the show on that day there would be no show. the solution for those that don't like it is don't listen and if enough of you do that there will be no show, that's how the biz works.

I have no connection to the Network any longer. Yes I try to help Heather as she learns the ropes but that's all.

Art
I happen to think she's doing a great job and I find her voice pleasant. I missed the show on Friday night but it sounded like everyone had a good time calling in from what I read.  Things  change and that's just the way it is. People have a hard time excepting that, But we need to just move on and ride the next wave.

I am not going to try and defend Heather but if she had not done the show on that day there would be no show. the solution for those that don't like it is don't clisten and if enough of you do that there will be no show, that's how the biz works.

Art
Bell Drab

zeebo

Quote from: Art Bell on April 03, 2016, 07:09:25 PM
My fellow Gabbers, ...

Hey Art, always good to see you stop by.  Many of us take it as a given you've always made your broadcasting efforts in good faith.  Your obvious love of radio is enough to make that apparent. 

Sorry it didn't work out this last time - it was a blast to hear you again, and it really felt like it was gaining momentum.  Thanks for all the fun times, you have had a positive impact on many many lives.  All the best to you and your family. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 03, 2016, 09:03:02 PM

You read too many PMs

chefist

If Art owns the rights to, artbell.com, then he is involved with the network. That is the primary marketing tool for the show and network as a whole.

Art

Maybe its hard to see how confusing all this is-  Keith's radio ads states heather is SITTING in -- Heathers still plays same bumper and has never stated this is officially her show she acts like she is still sitting in for you !!!      artbell.com is still being used for the network guest info  and how you able in pop in when you want if you don't have some pull  ? its all seems very confusing and frustrating  -- DMDN should either walk the walk or cut the talk

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on April 03, 2016, 08:58:59 PM
Yes that's it. You are the first one to "get it" I starred with Steve Zodiac in the 60's on Fire Ball Xl5. The reported stories about Steve and I, were just that.  We had a working relationship only.   Fine Man he was...

wow thats awesome i was always a fan of the show -i really loved it !!!   i put some clips up of fireball about 4 months ago not too many remembered it -its was GREAT puppet scifi

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 03, 2016, 09:34:02 PM
You read too many PMs

That's all you have, Gravity? Art won't deny what I said about Pete because it's true.

I am not going to try and defend Heather

You've done so every day on your Facebook page for four months and it hasn't taken yet. Come on, Art, throw out a "getting better every day" for old time's sake.

trostol

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on April 03, 2016, 09:37:14 PM
Maybe its hard to see how confusing all this is-  Keith's radio ads states heather is SITTING in -- Heathers stills plays same bumper and has never stated this is officially her show she acts like she is still sitting in for you !!!      artbell.com is still being used for the network guest info  and how you able in pop in when you want if you don't have some pull  ? its all seems very confusing and frustrating  -- DMDN should either walk the walk or cut the talk

good points

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on April 03, 2016, 09:35:20 PM
If Art owns the rights to, artbell.com, then he is involved with the network. That is the primary marketing tool for the show and network as a whole.

artbell.com is a DNS record that redirects to midnightinthedesert.com. I haven't done a Whois lately, but I am pretty sure Keith Rowland owns them both.

chefist

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 03, 2016, 09:47:33 PM
artbell.com is a DNS record that redirects to midnightinthedesert.com. I haven't done a Whois lately, but I am pretty sure Keith Rowland owns them both.

Why would Art not own his own named address? If so that's bad business, unless he gets royalties on it from Keith... Either way that is supporting the network IMO.

Quote from: Art Bell on April 03, 2016, 07:09:25 PM
My fellow Gabbers, you guys love the truth right? Ok here it is, not that I expect anybody to believe it.
Everything said about the Stalker was true, every bit of it. Even before the July start of the show I had COPD but it was at a level I could handle and in some ways still is but this is a smoking related disease that gets worse and it has. I am not at Deaths door yet but it has worsened since I left the air. There is nothing I love more than doing my show but it is tougher and tougher to do. The truth is I loved smoking and still miss it. There is nobody to blame other than myself. I may come back and do some fill in shows but five days a Week is not going to happen.

It's funny that smoking and Radio are impossible to seperate. Of course i no longer smoke, just Vape now but even that irritates my Lungs.

My Marriage has been a blessing and despite things said is a damn good one, we have been very happy and will celebrate 10 Years on April 11th, I did not set out to find a younger Woman, we were introduced by my Brother in Law at a time I was in a lot of dispair, it was like a gift from God for me.

It is strange to me that people make things up, but I guess that is a natural thing when they have no or little information but the truth is just that, the truth. One thing I do not do is lie so as unlikely as this chain of events may seem to some it is the simple truth.

Art

Art, I just don"t understand how Airyn wouldn't have heard gunfire from outside her house on the multiple occasions you've reported.  Ok, maybe the first time, but after that wouldn't a person have been at least subconsciously listening for it?  It's very quiet out where you live, her not hearing gunfire just doesn't ring true.

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on April 03, 2016, 09:40:16 PM
wow thats awesome i was always a fan of the show -i really loved it !!!   i put some clips up of fireball about 4 months ago not too many remembered it -its was GREAT puppet scifi
There are full episodes on YouTube , so many good memories.

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on April 03, 2016, 09:50:46 PM
Why would Art not own his own named address? If so that's bad business, unless he gets royalties on it from Keith... Either way that is supporting the network IMO.

Just checked and they have the owner of the domain protected by a privacy service so I can't verify.

Keith has been his webmaster for ever. Nobody ever accused Art of being a good business man. He is just good at radio.

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 03, 2016, 09:52:40 PM
Art, I just don"t understand how Airyn wouldn't have heard gunfire from outside her house on the multiple occasions you've reported.  Ok, maybe the first time, but after that wouldn't a person have been at least subconsciously listening for it?  It's very quiet out where you live, her not hearing gunfire just doesn't ring true.
Thing to me is unless it is damn close or I'm getting holes in my house why some random gunfire would be odd? He lives in a rural area, in a gun-totin' state, near BLM land (where folks like to shoot,) etc. In the country place I don't bat an eye if I hear shots, especially during season but also not (poaching, yahoos shooting stuff up, etc.) ps: sometimes I am that yahoo. Not a poacher though. Haha. I imagine it is like living in Chicago or some inner-city. What is strange about a gun shot? Now the stalker actually near the window or when the shots are directed towards the place. That is another more serious matter. But some shots just heard? Blah.

chefist

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 03, 2016, 09:55:30 PM
Just checked and they have the owner of the domain protected by a privacy service so I can't verify.

Probably Art...Keith didn't hide his...