• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Lilith

Sure Brad, but these are not new questions.

Lilith

I would honestly be interested in listening to Brad as an explorer, but as a revealer of unknown secrets?  Not so much.

Lilith

I don't think there's any outage of note Heather.  I could be wrong.

Lilith

This stuff about the pineal gland and flouride is old news too.

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on June 21, 2018, 01:47:51 AM
This stuff about the pineal gland and flouride is old news too.

That's no reason we can't go over it again. How can it become cliché otherwise?

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 21, 2018, 07:52:29 AM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1009794845836267520
Without listening or trying to...

My guesses:

1) Asia
2) Airyn
3) Starr
4) Cassie (pronounced Win-knee by German priests)

Now that I listened...

Ooh, not even close...

I hope she did some cat lines, painted rock references and speaks Radio.

Lilith

Quote from: Jackstar on June 21, 2018, 01:54:06 AM
That's no reason we can't go over it again. How can it become cliché otherwise?

:P

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 21, 2018, 12:24:53 AM
David Will Cock would be quite a get for Heater
Then he'd have two in the harem, to go with his belly dancing  :P

Fourteen

Bluejay

Quote from: 14 on June 21, 2018, 09:45:35 AM
Then he'd have two in the harem, to go with his belly dancing  :P

Fourteen

Ghost

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 21, 2018, 07:52:29 AM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1009794845836267520

I heard her.... brilliant!

Is it Karen? I almost thought it was Crystal Gayle, but I don’t think she would jump into the drama.

If Heater would host the show using her normal voice, using her own words - instead of being the equivalent of a bad Art Bell tribute band - she's probably be somewhere in the middle of the pack of paranormal podcasters.

The way it is now, she's a joke.  No more, no less.  Art set a scene.  He asked great questions, and got the guest to reveal much more than they intended.  His interviews were fascinating, riveting.  I wouldn't consider Art an intellectual, but the way he was able to draw out the intellectuals he would interview made the show intellectually appealing as well - certainly the ones dealing with real science.

Heater doesn't do any of that.  She is just very run-of-the-mill and boring.  Listening to her use Art's phrases and cadence cheapens them.  I've never gone back and listened to any old Art Bell shows, but if I were to do so now having heard Heater use his words in such a choreographed way would very likely ruin the show for me.

She needs to stop doing it, and apologize.  I am quite certain this is not what Art ''taught'' her to do

Sean92008

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 21, 2018, 12:17:56 PM
She needs to stop doing it, and apologize.  I am quite certain this is not what Art ''taught'' her to do
Who knows if she paid attention to  anything he showed her, taught her or repeatedly did in front of her.

Remember, after his death, it appeared that she couldn't find the power switch for the studio, didn't have a dump button that worked (which morphed into her needing to buy one).

Inconsistencies indicated she just didn't know how to work the gear she had in front of her over two years.

Entitled priss.

comaphobe

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 20, 2018, 09:39:56 PM
Always liked him in Suicidal Tendencies. Saw him a handful of times with Ozzy too.

He was playing bass with Ozzy at two shows I saw. I saw Ozzy two other times and he had Geezer on Bass both times.

I caught Suicidal one time, in summer 1994 which were the final days of the Lights Camera line-up with also Mike Clark and Rocky George. I think LCR is their masterpiece album. I am also a big fan of the 2 albums before it, I think Controlled by Hatred might be considered an EP though, either way it was really good.

I haven't seen Metallica since Newstead was playing bass, I also haven't had any musical interest in them in 20 or more years. The last time I saw them was in a nightclub in 1997 or 1998 and I only went because the place was small capacity (1000) and Metallica only played cover songs. It was mostly about hanging out with friends and watching Metallica play other people's songs at a small venue. This was about 10 years after their last acceptable album. When I was 13 they still made good albums. They were the first band to ever piss me off musically. I still think James is an excellent lyric writer, but the band is really dull to me.

The new show took weeks to get running with the help from 11h phone calls from LNM Ira.

Yet when Art quit, she was able to takeover right away from her own place.  ???

comaphobe

Quote from: Aquarius on June 20, 2018, 10:01:32 PM
Years ago I bought a used clear plexiglass Dan Armstrong electric, but honestly it got way too heavy to play standing up and moving around.

I have seen some semi-recent BC Rich models made out of acrylic. I think the Warlock and the Bich both had transparent models. The headstock was also acrylic on those.

Some guitars have LEDs in the fretboard now. I saw an oversized V in a video posted on Blabbermouth and the thing had a built-in smoke machine.

I subscribe to some collectors and some custom builders, and this one shop makes guitars and necks out of steel. Sometimes they are steampunk, or HotRod-type themes. But I bet they weigh a lot. My heaviest guitar is about 15 pounds but my average guitar is about 9-11 pounds.

Aquarius

Quote from: comaphobe on June 21, 2018, 03:55:48 PM
I have seen some semi-recent BC Rich models made out of acrylic. I think the Warlock and the Bich both had transparent models. The headstock was also acrylic on those.

Some guitars have LEDs in the fretboard now. I saw an oversized V in a video posted on Blabbermouth and the thing had a built-in smoke machine.

I subscribe to some collectors and some custom builders, and this one shop makes guitars and necks out of steel. Sometimes they are steampunk, or HotRod-type themes. But I bet they weigh a lot. My heaviest guitar is about 15 pounds but my average guitar is about 9-11 pounds.

Very cool, especially the acrylic ones! I mostly play (when I occasionally play these days) my early '70's black Gibson Les Paul with a blonde neck, nice sweet guitar. I had a really fun, interesting original Music Man, the first one Leo Fender put out after he left Fender, but it magically disappeared when my stuff was being unloaded after I arrived at my new home a few years back. Didn't notice till too late, when I went to count the instruments and pull it out for a local fun thingy... and it was gone. I was furious, but nothing to do about it.

No more buying guitars for me now, I don't play often enough to warrant spending the cash <g>.

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on June 21, 2018, 03:44:20 PM
The new show took weeks to get running with the help from 11h phone calls from LNM Ira.

Yet when Art quit, she was able to takeover right away from her own place.  ???

I don't think Heather really appreciated or had any idea what Keith did to make things run smoothly.

CrazyMax46

*Goes on BellGab for the first time in forever because god knows this whole situation can't get any weirder*

*Reads*

Oh for the love of god...

Bluejay

Quote from: CrazyMax46 on June 21, 2018, 07:16:02 PM
*Goes on BellGab for the first time in forever because god knows this whole situation can't get any weirder*

*Reads*

Lilith

Quote from: CrazyMax46 on June 21, 2018, 07:16:02 PM

*Reads*

Praise MV!

timebandit

the airs starting to get electric..
there's a quiver in the force..

#HeatherPresenceApproaches