• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Colonizing Mars

Started by Frys Girl, August 01, 2011, 11:31:24 AM

Frys Girl

Robert Zubrin will give an update on why we must colonize Mars and how it will benefit mankind in the long run.
So glad this is on tonight. I wasn't getting way too concerned with the economy, wars, and debt this country is drowning in. Thank goodness for Coast to Coast AM and its ability to be relevant. NASA is firing more than half of the employees (better than getting fired from McDonalds) due to the space program being shut down.
Is this guy Zubrin not aware that private space programs aren't really going to happen, unless Mars is made of gold? He's a nuclear engineer, and this is where he's at? That has got to be painful. I hope he's lying about his credentials.

M Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 01, 2011, 11:31:24 AM
Robert Zubrin will give an update on why we must colonize Mars and how it will benefit mankind in the long run.
So glad this is on tonight. I wasn't getting way too concerned with the economy, wars, and debt this country is drowning in. Thank goodness for Coast to Coast AM and its ability to be relevant. NASA is firing more than half of the employees (better than getting fired from McDonalds) due to the space program being shut down.
Is this guy Zubrin not aware that private space programs aren't really going to happen, unless Mars is made of gold? He's a nuclear engineer, and this is where he's at? That has got to be painful. I hope he's lying about his credentials.

I wonder if Russia and China will be hiring our out of work space related engineers like we hired Russian nuclear physicists after the cold war? 

I agree with another one of your posts regarding Obumer.  He is more enthralled about being President than he is BEING the President.

Frys Girl

Quote from: M Knight on August 01, 2011, 12:00:28 PM

I wonder if Russia and China will be hiring our out of work space related engineers like we hired Russian nuclear physicists after the cold war? 

I agree with another one of your posts regarding Obumer.  He is more enthralled about being President than he is BEING the President.
Richard C. Hoagland time: Before the election, Hoagland would GUSH about how Obama was the president who would take us to Mars. LMAO! Wrong, AGAIN.

Scully

Not to worry.  The Mars Colonization topic published was just a ruse to attract people like me who would listen to see what the cockamamy rationalization of that would be.

Turned out to be just another of George's shapeshifting shows that morphed into Economics 101 plus the joys of running cars on methanol.  Nothing wrong with any of that EXCEPT this is supposed to be Coast to Coast, not Boxcar Derby in a physics lab. 

George Noory sucks.  >:(

Frys Girl

Quote from: Scully on August 02, 2011, 03:40:08 AM
morphed into Economics 101 plus the joys of running cars on methanol.  Nothing wrong with any of that EXCEPT this is supposed to be Coast to Coast, not a Boxcar Derby in a physics lab. 

George Noory sucks.  >:(
Scully, this statement sums up the show very well. George knows nothing about science and does not possess even a hobbyist level of knowledge, so these science shows, even when they have potential, crash and burn each time.

onan

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 02, 2011, 04:48:29 AM
Scully, this statement sums up the show very well. George knows nothing about science and does not possess even a hobbyist level of knowledge, so these science shows, even when they have potential, crash and burn each time.

Couldn't agree more. What I find so bothersome is his lack of curiosity. Even not understanding science doesn't preclude the question: why is that?

I don't give any credence to creationism. But I could at least make a conversation that could explore the tenets.

Sent from my iPad

Frys Girl

Quote from: onan on August 02, 2011, 07:05:15 AM
Couldn't agree more. What I find so bothersome is his lack of curiosity. Even not understanding science doesn't preclude the question: why is that?

I don't give any credence to creationism. But I could at least make a conversation that could explore the tenets.

Sent from my iPad
Noory is too comfortable to care about knowledge and science. Creationism is insulting to intelligenceand even to God, but how would I know.
When the guest last nigth said something about 500 barrels or other (not sure what it was about exactly, sorry, but it was technical and included the number 500), George whispered over his microphone "500 is a pretty good number in baseball."

rangers1919

I can't stand how Noory goes on night after night complaining about cutting the debt, something he started doing literally the same week Rush started. He has his idiotic plan that constantly changes about cutting government spending by a few percent each year, and complains about cuts to future spending not realizing that spending should theoretically increase a small amount each year because there should be a small amount of inflation each year to keep up with the natural increase in the population that occurs each year. Without this we would experience minor deflation, or in Noory's plan moderate deflation after 5-10 years, and a massive deflationary spiral  afterwords.

Despite his calls for massive cuts in spending he is also mad that the government isn't creating a new multi-trillion dollar program to go to Mars.

Caruthers612

Rectal advantage. That the private sector is moving big time into all manner of space is a fact, though whether at this time they is am (note my grammar) thinking about Mars I do not know. If not, there may be some good reasons for it, which, dear readers, is the subject of tonight's The World According to Ron Popeil:

Among the many profound obstacles to colonizing Mars is the fact that it has no magnetosphere. This is the layer of our atmosphere which, among other important functions, blocks out most of the sun's radiation. It exists because of the churning, radioactive liquid iron core of our planet, with which it has a dynamic relationship. When the core of Mars stopped turning, as sometimes happens, it lost its magnetosphere. The result, all the water, except at the poles evaporated, and the amount of radiation now bombarding the planet became lethal.
           BTW, the asteroid belt between Saturn and Jupiter which is, as y'all probably know, the remains of a former planet, well, that planet 'sploded, it is believed, when its core stopped turning. Let us hope that not am do happen to the oyth.
           So, as regards commercial interest in Mars colonization, the reason may simply be that it will require the science of a future century to resolve such profound problems.
            Ron has spoken.

You blabbed Zubrin!!! You blabbed about Mars!!!!!!!

M Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 02, 2011, 07:46:44 AM
Creationism is insulting to intelligence and ...

If one believes that all existence is only 5000 years old, and that dinosaur bones are the devil's deception, then yes, it is insulting.  How much more profound is it to say that the wonder of physics and time within the gentle unfolding of evolution is the definition of creation itself? 

Frys Girl

Quote from: M Knight on August 12, 2011, 05:33:47 AM

If one believes that all existence is only 5000 years old, and that dinosaur bones are the devil's deception, then yes, it is insulting.  How much more profound is it to say that the wonder of physics and time within the gentle unfolding of evolution is the definition of creation itself?
Actually, I believe in God and I do think God had a part in creating the universe. However, I guess what I should have been more explicit. Evolution as it is explained in creation theory is insulting to MY intelligence.