• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sgt Bergdahl comes home (finally)

Started by pate, June 01, 2014, 06:24:49 AM

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on June 01, 2014, 04:32:33 PM
Yes, worse than LBJ because the government's reach, and especially Executive power, has increased more than exponentially since LBJ's time. So any current President, but especially one like this character Obama who harbors a deep resentment towards Western Civilization and the country, is more dangerous than LBJ; even "if" LBJ took out Kennedy (who was no angel himself and also had organized crime family links.) Power corrupts and now, with the help of the "unitary executive" theories of Republicans and big-spending/regulatory theories of the Democrats means almost every President is an opponent to freedom and liberty.
Our only apparent solution is a monarchy. 

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 01, 2014, 04:35:27 PM
... It is incomprehensible that any American Citizen that claims they are intelligent, can sit and watch our country be co-opted by low wage laborers, to the delight of every politician, business, and union leader out there, and not demand that it stop immediately...

We ARE demanding it stop immediately, have you seen the polls on taking back control of the border?

It's the 'Progressives' and Establishment Republicans who refuse to do it.  Look at Senate Minority Leader Mitch 'The Little Fucking Bitch' McConnell - running against 'Amnesty' in his campaign, while plotting to get it rammed through as soon as the primaries are over. 

Look at House Speaker 'Drunken Doofus' John Boehner, stating flat out we aren't going to pass a bill with Amnesty and Border control now because - as he correctly points out - we can't trust Obama to fulfill the part about border control.  He too is secretly plotting otherwise.

Same with House Majority Leader Mickey 'Mouse' Cantor.  He went as far as to have a pro-Amnesty 'activist' come to his district to trash him on his supposed anti-Amnesty stance.  It was a false flag he set up to gather votes in his primary - he too is plotting to cram it through asap.

Just a few examples, but typical of the whole RINO Party.  We certainly know where the D's are on this - at least most of them are honest about something for once.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 01, 2014, 04:50:38 PM
Our only apparent solution is a monarchy.
Compared to this character Obama a monarchy could be better, provided he was "enlightened". Heck. I'll take a Monaco or Luxembourg over a Chicago any day. Unfortunately, like we see in this character Obama with his Czars and dreams of grandeur, power corrupts and as Lord Acton said you know the rest. So a better option is an educated and informed citizenry and a republican (small r) form of a federal government where more power is "devolved", to use a Blair phrase, to the states and the people. Only citizens can vote and the power of the federal government is limited, the power of the state government is limited, and so on.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on June 01, 2014, 04:58:16 PM
Compared to this character Obama a monarchy could be better, provided he was "enlightened". Heck. I'll take a Monaco or Luxembourg over a Chicago any day. Unfortunately, like we see in this character Obama with his Czars and dreams of grandeur, power corrupts and as Lord Acton said you know the rest. So a better option is an educated and informed citizenry and a republican (small r) form of a federal government where more power is "devolved", to use a Blair phrase, to the states and the people. Only citizens can vote and the power of the federal government is limited, the power of the state government is limited, and so on.
So true...allowing a forewarned attack that killed thousands of Americans, the wars of conquest based on fabrications, the ravaging of the economy for pals to profit from, the hundreds of Executive Orders, signing over the Bill of Rights to his appointed Homeland Security Czar and the NSA, delivering a birthday cake while while a major city was drowning.  Oh...wait...

Quick Karl

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2014, 04:26:50 PM
Really? Worse than LBJ X JFK? Have you ever heard of the Total Perspective Vortex?

It has been my opinion, since I was about 12-yrs old, back in New York City, that the mere fact that a person would endeavor to run for any political office, automatically disqualifies them, in my book. For the simple-minded, that means I believe every politician that ever lived is corrupt to their core - they are all psychopaths, pure and simple, and yes I literally DO believe that.

Of course, as a society in the world that has psychopaths at the helm of other societies, which would invade and slaughter all of us if they thought they could get away with it, we need our own psychopaths the defend against their psychopaths.

But when our psychopaths begin to harm us, as bad as they are doing today, it is my opinion that the people that vote to perpetuate it, to get even for some slight they imagine they suffered in high school, or at the hands of mean old mommy or daddy, THEY are a worse enemy than the psychopaths.

The Founders endeavored to create a system wherein RESPONSIBLE, thinking citizens, would act to keep the psychopaths in check. Today, we have a proportion of the electorate that supports the psychopaths, because they believe they will land on the "oppressor" side of the fence.

One day we and they, will stand face to face.

Some of us are ready for that, others are not.

Anyone that can look at all the federal branches of government stockpiling weapons and ammunition, that doesn't think a war is coming, is so stupid it defies comprehension. But King George was pretty confident too...

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 01, 2014, 05:05:03 PM
So true...allowing a forewarned attack that killed thousands of Americans, the wars of conquest based on fabrications, the ravaging of the economy for pals to profit from, the hundreds of Executive Orders, signing over the Bill of Rights to his appointed Homeland Security Czar and the NSA, delivering a birthday cake while while a major city was drowning.  Oh...wait...
Exactly my point! This character Obama was supposed to be about "change" and even "change" that we can "believe in!" Recall those slogans and the almost Soviet social-realism posters proclaiming that message? We need to devolve government more to the states and people so we don't get more Bushs, Clintons, or worse Obamas, or, if we do, they don't have the budget and power to do every whim- even in the rare circumstance that they have good intentions. Frankly, I even think a standing army as we have it is not Constitutional and that our bases stateside might violate the 3rd Amendment and the IRS provisos related to personal income violate the 1st, 5th, etc. So there, lefty Obama adherent!

albrecht

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 01, 2014, 05:08:06 PM
It has been my opinion, since I was about 12-yrs old, back in New York City, that the mere fact that a person would endeavor to run for any political office, automatically disqualifies them, in my book. For the simple-minded, that means I believe every politician that ever lived is corrupt to their core - they are all psychopaths, pure and simple, and yes I literally DO believe that.

Of course, as a society in the world that has psychopaths at the helm of other societies, which would invade and slaughter all of us if they thought they could get away with it, we need our own psychopaths the defend against their psychopaths.

But when our psychopaths begin to harm us, as bad as they are doing today, it is my opinion that the people that vote to perpetuate it, to get even for some slight they imagine they suffered in high school, or at the hands of mean old mommy or daddy, THEY are a worse enemy than the psychopaths.

The Founders endeavored to create a system wherein RESPONSIBLE, thinking citizens, would act to keep the psychopaths in check. Today, we have a proportion of the electorate that supports the psychopaths, because they believe they will land on the "oppressor" side of the fence.

One day we and they, will stand face to face.

Some of us are ready for that, others are not.

Anyone that can look at all the federal branches of government stockpiling weapons and ammunition, that doesn't think a war is coming, is so stupid it defies comprehension. But King George was pretty confident too...
The fact that a person will spend his personal fortune to gain an elective office that pays a paltry sum (compared to his current income). Or that people, groups, companies, parties, will also spend so much $$$ to elect someone to an office proves this. You have situations, like in Alaska (but also happens even in local elections) where more money is spent than people in the area! And way more than the office pays. But, of course, there is no corruption or backroom dealing or kickbacks because it is perfectly logical for a multimillionaire to spend his money to get elected for a job that pays, maybe, six-figures at best.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 01, 2014, 01:22:00 PM
The UK doesn't negotiate either-officially. It's been going on for years, the alternative is a bloodbath and several soldiers killed. Those who say he should have been 'rescued' have probably never been in that situation. I'm pretty sure if he could have been, he would have been.
Frankly the official policy of the Anglo-sphere about not negotiating with terrorists is, to me, ridiculous. I understand the rhetorical necessity for local politics, I guess, but everyone (especially the terrorists or criminals) know we negotiate with them. And it would patently absurd not too. You will gain little, or at least less, information if you don't at least pretend to negotiate with them. And look at the sell out in N.Ireland, Iran/Contra, Lockerbie and Kaddafi, what happens to vessels seized off the Horn of Africa, etc! Of course we negotiate with terrorists. And sometimes pay them off! The only issue I have is how the negotiations go, what the "pay off" is, and why we don't (and maybe we do) use things like disinformation, RFID trackers, or even delayed poisons (nuclear or biological) on the released persons.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 01, 2014, 05:08:06 PM
Got a list of neighbors people who'll go to the firing squad first, QK?

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 01, 2014, 05:46:19 PM
Maybe a reverse FEMA Red&Blue&Yellow list? Kidding, of course.

Quick Karl

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 01, 2014, 05:46:19 PM

Funny, your name is at the top of the list I've seen...

Lemme guess, you've been collecting Social Security AND Disability, and working under-the-table?

If you are one of them morons that hates people that love what this Country is SUPPOSED to stand for, go fuck yourself.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 01, 2014, 05:50:20 PM
Funny, your name is at the top of the list I've seen...

Lemme guess, you've been collecting Social Security AND Disability, and working under-the-table?

If you are one of them morons that hates people that love what this Country is SUPPOSED to stand for, go fuck yourself.
Sorry to bust your cliche, QK.  Non-disabled 4yr military vet here, who engineered US Navy ships & systems for 30 years. Unlike your phony-ass, deferment-collecting avatar with the MA in Jock, I actually did something for the country besides wear a flag headband and bitch how bad it was while getting rich.

Quick Karl

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 01, 2014, 06:56:58 PM
Sorry to bust your cliche, QK.  Non-disabled 4yr military vet here, who engineered US Navy ships & systems for 30 years. Unlike your phony-ass, deferment-collecting avatar with the MA in Jock, I actually did something for the country besides wear a flag headband and bitch.

So you're proud of your Military career but you're actually stupid enough to pass judgment based on a person's avatar that is designed, intentionally, to enflame idiots?

And you "engineered ships"? Surely, you are capable of critical thinking, I mean, at least you were at one time, right?

Another desk jockey taking credit for what the top 10% of real warriors do - hey, I'll be the first to admit, we need a military infrastructure, to deliver bullets to the guys on the front line, but geez, a clerk, is still a clerk.

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 01, 2014, 07:21:03 PM
Another desk jockey taking credit for what the top 10% of real warriors do - hey, I'll be the first to admit, we need a military infrastructure, to deliver bullets to the guys on the front line, but geez, a clerk, is still a clerk.

Holy shit, you are completely ignorant on how a military works.

Lumping in engineering/construction with REMFs makes no sense.

albrecht

Quote from: DocHolliday on June 01, 2014, 06:43:49 PM
Bowe Bergdahl is a traitor.  Anything out of mainstream media sources reveals the truth as to what really occurred.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/143437-american-soldier-served-bowe-bergdahl-casts-doubt-official-story-fears-reprisal-obama-administration/#PrettyPhoto[143437]/18/

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/americas-last-prisoner-of-war-20120607
I don't know. Glad to have him back and hope it aint so. Even if he was drunk or derelict in action, he was in action and so I'm glad to get him back. But, having said that, one of the first thoughts was ever seen the show "Homeland"? Or the rumors of McCain but the treatment that someone like James Stockdale got when he ran with Perot and he was bonafide war-hero and purposely mangled himself (after the enemy did) if the enemy wouldn't so that any picture/statement of him shown on our television would show abuse. And then he was vilified, worse laughed at, by the press. For shame.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on June 01, 2014, 07:37:13 PM
And then he was vilified, worse laughed at, by the press. For shame.

with ya on that one.

DocHolliday

I don't know. Glad to have him back and hope it aint so. Even if he was drunk or derelict in action, he was in action and so I'm glad to get him back. But, having said that, one of the first thoughts was ever seen the show "Homeland"? Or the rumors of McCain but the treatment that someone like James Stockdale got when he ran with Perot and he was bonafide war-hero and purposely mangled himself (after the enemy did) if the enemy wouldn't so that any picture/statement of him shown on our television would show abuse. And then he was vilified, worse laughed at, by the press. For shame.

I have not seen Homeland.  The problem is that he stated to his father that he was ashamed to be an American, ashamed of the US Army, and had a pre-meditated plan to desert his base and willfully seek out the Taliban.

I'll be the first one to say I was wrong and personally send a letter of apology to Bergdahl if it turns out that he in fact was captured as a prisoner of war and held against his will.  Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing to support that scenario and the evidence against him is overwhelming.

My own speculation on the obvious is that the Taliban held out on this guy as long as they did only to get the Taliban 5 back.  What other individual has the Taliban has captured have even survived in "captivity" of the Taliban as long as Bergdahl did?

Quick Karl

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 01, 2014, 07:36:12 PM
Holy shit, you are completely ignorant on how a military works.

Lumping in engineering/construction with REMFs makes no sense.

Do you have "proof" he was an "engineer"? I mean, it's Bellgab... Heck, I am a Theoretical Physicist!

I figured he was retired from the "Valley Transportation Authority" (Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority) - "VtaGeezer"...

Quick Karl

It was terrible what they did to Stockdale - if anyone bothered to listen to what he was actually saying and asking, he was asking some very deep relevant questions about US, as a society. But the press only WANTED to ruin him, because he had a different philosophy of what America is supposed to be, and we all know that 80% of the people watching the debate, are morons anyway, so who would expect them to think about anything past their own nose?

That man suffered enormously, for his country, and the press couldn't find an ounce of respect to give him.

Quick Karl

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 01, 2014, 06:56:58 PM
besides wear a flag headband and bitch how bad it was while getting rich.

You just described most of the federal Government, INCLUDING Obama...

Quick Karl

I respect EVERYONE that has ever served, even the bad ones, and even the REMF's, because thay walk with targets painted on them, wherever they go while in Uniform.

But I'm not sure how anyone, military, ex-military, or otherwise, can say they love what this Country is SUPPOSED to be, while not killing themselves for voting for Obama, or at least facing up to the fact that it was a mistake to do so.

I hope they deliver the illegal alien low wage workers, to your front steps - lets see how warm and caring you are then...

If I was the Governor of a State having the illegal alien low wage laborers dumped in my back yard, I would round them up, call all the TV stations, and drive over the the nearest Democrat Politicians house, and drop them all off on his or her font lawn, and sit back and watch what happens...

SciFiAuthor

Bowe Bergdahl is a traitor.  Anything out of mainstream media sources reveals the truth as to what really occurred.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/143437-american-soldier-served-bowe-bergdahl-casts-doubt-official-story-fears-reprisal-obama-administration/#PrettyPhoto[143437]/18/

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/americas-last-prisoner-of-war-20120607

There's definitely something seriously fishy going on with this guy. He seems to have been tossing out anti-American and anti-US soldier rhetoric left and right and many in his unit expected him to desert just before his disappearance. I think this story is going to go badly very quickly when this guy starts talking, especially if he's suffering Stockholm Syndrome.

That said, I agree with the idea of don't negotiate with terrorists. Now our troops are living in an increased state of danger because of this trade.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 01, 2014, 09:22:39 PM
There's definitely something seriously fishy going on with this guy. He seems to have been tossing out anti-American and anti-US soldier rhetoric left and right and many in his unit expected him to desert just before his disappearance. I think this story is going to go badly very quickly when this guy starts talking, especially if he's suffering Stockholm Syndrome.

That said, I agree with the idea of don't negotiate with terrorists. Now our troops are living in an increased state of danger because of this trade.

I read both of the articles that Doc Holliday posted and some things just don't match up. He was homeschooled in Idaho, in a strong Christian environment and learned to shoot and ride at age 5.  This just doesn't seem like the kind of person that would disappear from a unit.

DocHolliday

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 01, 2014, 09:38:43 PM
I read both of the articles that Doc Holliday posted and some things just don't match up. He was homeschooled in Idaho, in a strong Christian environment and learned to shoot and ride at age 5.  This just doesn't seem like the kind of person that would disappear from a unit.

People do strange things for strange reasons.  His dad seems a bit off as well and I find his recent deleted tweet rather odd, too:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/06/01/pow-dad%E2%80%99s-bizarre-deleted-tweet-raises-questions-about-obama%E2%80%99s-prisoner-swap

Take the source for what it is.  Interesting nonetheless.

Jackstar

Here is my takeaway from that article:
Bowe Robert Bergdahl was born in Sun Valley, Idaho, on March 28th, 1986 â€" the same day as Lady Gaga, as his parents like to point out.

This guy was born on The Day of Empowered Innocence. This occurs during what is termed The Week of The Child.

I have extensive experience with people who have birthdays in this week. This is all I need to know, to make up my mind about this guy. I bet Bergdahl bumbled his way off the base with all the best of intentions, the buffoon. Make of that what you will, I'm not claiming it's science, or anything.

Quote from: www.thesecretlanguage.com
The personality traits shown here were found to be held in common by 90% of those born this day and were discovered during a 40-year empirical study of the life stories of more than 20,000 people.

VtaGeezer

As for Bergdahl's status, there's considerable fog.  It appears he was certainly AWOL and probably guilty of some sort of abandonment of his post since it was a forward post. I think it only becomes desertion after 30 days, but he was captured and couldn't return if he had intended to.  There's no indication he intended to join the Taliban, or to act against US forces. Calling the kid a traitor is typical of the thoughtless over-the-top crap from the usual suspects. Its on the record that his unit was having ongoing leadership problems and turnover in the midst of hostile activity when he walked.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 01, 2014, 07:54:05 PM
Heck, I am a Theoretical Physicist!
I here I had you pegged as a clown. 

paladin1991

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 01, 2014, 12:43:38 PM
Fuck it.  You RepubliConservaTarianTPers are correct.  I can't deny it any longer.  Obama is an atheistic Muslim who is married to a transgendered woman.  They both hate America despite taking part whole-handedly in capitalism.  They want nothing more than to see white people on their knees serving Islamic masters, all American companies reduced to green-energy-producing hell holes.  They want American children serving functionally illiterate teachers who indoctrinate our children into denying the bible well sucking off black Muslims.  They want Christmas obliterated, dogs to be served as lunch meat, all Christians soundly spanked, all guns turned to scrap metal to be used for a gigantic sculpture of Obama's throbbing, quivering member that school children will be required to bow to each morning. 

How can we liberals be so blind?

Goodbye.
Somebody is wearing their cranky pants.

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 01, 2014, 11:50:46 PM
Somebody is wearing their cranky pants.

I don't know, he actually started making sense for once. Although I do think "atheistic Muslim" is a non-starter.