• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: imperial252 on April 10, 2010, 06:22:41 AM
I only caught about 45 minutes of the show on my way to work very early this morning. I thought David Grinspoon was interesting. It was great to hear Art's voice again, almost like an old friend you haven't heard from for a long time.

Art was in excellent form.  It almost nullified months of dreck excreted by Noory.  Almost.

imperial252

That's two Fridays in a row that Art has hosted. Hopefully this is the begining of a trend!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: imperial252 on April 10, 2010, 03:32:51 PM
That's two Fridays in a row that Art has hosted. Hopefully this is the begining of a trend!

One can only hope.  Art was much less rusty this time.

imperial252

Quote from: Marc Knight on April 10, 2010, 04:38:32 PM

One can only hope.  Art was much less rusty this time.

I'm sure this goes with out saying but I'll take Art rusty over any of the alternatives.

starrmtn001

Below is a copy of an email I just sent to Art about the Iceland volcanic eruptions and the resulting glacial meltdown . Maybe if enough of us email Art, he will come on HIS show and do a special on what is happening globally.   ;)

Dear Art.

Please come on Coast To Coast and talk to us about Iceland's volcanic activity and other natural phenomena occurring globally.

I'm re-reading "Day After Tomorrow" and looking for "The Quickening" (which I think got 'borrowed').

What do you think about going on Coast To Coast and doing a show about the global events going on right now? Maybe you could have special phone lines for the people who live in the various stricken areas.  Just a thought.

We, your fans, love you and miss you very much.

MV/Liberace!

it just grates on me that i have to see noory's dumb kisser at the top of the page on the rare occasion i load the c2c site.  that picture is atrocious.  looks like some sort of ovaltine endorsement.

imperial252

Did you get a reply? What is Art's email address.

imperial252

Did you ever get a reply?

starrmtn001

Not yet.  I had emailed him a second time, but that one bounced back.  His email box was/is full.  I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this idea.  If/when he does reply, I'll certainly let CoastGab know.

MV/Liberace!

is everybody else feeling as down on facebook these days as i?  maybe i'm just listening to too many podcasts hosted by silicon valley yuppies.

valdez

Interesting.  I haven't joined Facebook, but I've been thinking about it for the past few years.  I'm sure my family thinks I'm kind of a jerk for not being a part of it, I just find that "friend" thing to be kind of freaky.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: valdez on June 03, 2010, 03:44:53 AM
...I just find that "friend" thing to be kind of freaky.
i find facebook's privacy philosophy to be freaky.  every time mark zuckerberg is pestered over the whole thing, he says, "nobody is forced to use facebook."  thus, i've chosen not to.

I deleted my account a couple weeks ago due to that. They prob still have my data....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 999 on June 03, 2010, 02:37:13 PM
They prob still have my data....
of this, i have little doubt.
zuckerberg is a creepy guy, and his move to take over the entire web makes me uneasy, to say the least.

puddintame

I cancelled my Facebook mess.  They just want to make a killing off us and our personal information by selling it to the world while the silly fad lasts.  I only joined to see what my grandson was up to, anyhow.  It always did seem to be a dumb thing for grownups to me.

I didn't know there was anything there about Art, but I'm not going back to check it out.

puddintame

And furthermore!  I've been listening to Pandora for the music for a long time before I ever heard of Facebook.  Lo and behold! The last time I logged on there, greeting me was my photo and personal stuff from Facebook.  They didn't even offer me the courtesy of opting out. I wrote them in hot protest and they removed that junk.  Then I changed my name and whole identity with them (for whatever that is worth).  Grrrrr. I guess it doesn't really matter all that much, anyhow.  All you have to do is type your name into Google and your life's history will come up.

MV/Liberace!

the problem with facebook is that despite its evil intentions, it so god damned useful.

valdez

According to the FF, Art will be hosting this Friday.  Joy.

saab93driver

Quote from: valdez on June 19, 2010, 06:07:48 AM
     According to the FF, Art will be hosting this Friday.  Joy.

And Michio Kaku isn't the guest....double joy.

puddintame

Friday, June 25, 2010 --

Filling in for George, Art Bell welcomes Pres. of the Nat'l Wildlife  Federation, Larry Schweiger, who'll discuss the impact of the oil disaster, how global warming is still an urgent reality, and the decline of up to 39% of all species on Earth.

Oh woe.  It is cool and wonderful to have Art, but I am so ready for some real, old-fashioned, paranormal entertainment.  I am so weary of the oil mess and global warming! 

tmock00

Excellent - Thanks for the heads up!  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: saab93driver on June 19, 2010, 09:10:09 AM
And Michio Kaku isn't the guest....double joy.
jeeze.  no kidding.  yeesh.

KnyeGuy

Well put, travelingExecutioner.
I too am not necessarily a believer in the topics on C2C, but whether it was a topic of interest to me or just a plain crazy sales pitch for the absurd, Art is what made the show entertaining.

I often preferred the most absurd guests because of the way Art handled them (and for the unscreened callers).
Art was a master of spontaneity.

Art's interaction with the guesst and callers is unsurpassed.

It really was like sitting around a campfire. The show created an intriguing and entertaining venue for everyone.

Unfortunately, I didn't come across the show until 1999. Around that time I was doing alot of travelling by car and nothing beat racing down the dark highway with the Art Bell Show cranked up.

Damn,... I miss The Art Bell Show.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on April 01, 2010, 04:49:09 PM
I dunno if this is Art or a lookalike.  Either way it's funny as hell.

art bell compares aluminum foil
embedding disabled.