• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bella-Haven is Live

Started by nbirnes, July 01, 2015, 12:44:24 AM

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on July 17, 2015, 05:13:32 AM
I only heard the last hour. Waiting for the post on soundcloud (or e-mail he he)
Can't even have my coffee yet till after the Doc. Damn this sucks!

Sorry! It took a little longer because we went a whole hour longer!

https://soundcloud.com/psnradio/sets/bella-haven

The website is still not finished, but we had Keith Rowland on the show tonight, aha!

Did we get him to spill the beans on the mystery interview guy? Short answer:

nbirnes

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 17, 2015, 04:52:21 AM
I am sure. Davebots would be all over that. Noory could do some real damage with that info.

You guys are so smart! I tip my hat and am honored to be able to play among you. Everything is neat and tidy, thanks to Fission, a wonderful product from Rogue Amoeba. This ad was not brought to you by Rogue Amoeba, but it should have been.

Keep guarding the garden gate.

serenity

Quote from: nbirnes on July 17, 2015, 05:39:40 AM
You guys are so smart! I tip my hat and am honored to be able to play among you. Everything is neat and tidy, thanks to Fission, a wonderful product from Rogue Amoeba. This ad was not brought to you by Rogue Amoeba, but it should have been.

Keep guarding the garden gate.

I'm still an Audacity guy...hard to change from what you know. Got it and it will be first up tonight, then in order lol. You know you had over 30 people in the chat when I got on this morning WOW!

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 16, 2015, 10:43:53 PM
Three words: Avocado Wall Phone. Remember those? With the fantastically long cords that always got tangled and then you had to let the phone receiver dangle and twirl and twirl and twirl.

And then, depending on your obsessiveness, standing on a chair and holding up as much of it as you could to twirl out, and when that was done, climbing on the counter to continue to thread out more cord to be unspun by the pendulous weight of the plumb-bob swinging receiver.

And then when you're all done and you sit down with a limp coil of cord, it will be as tangled and wound as it was before you tried to straighten it out.

Also: Harvest Gold. Why do they inflict colors on us, always? Who decides these things?

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on July 17, 2015, 05:45:22 AM
I'm still an Audacity guy...hard to change from what you know. Got it and it will be first up tonight, then in order lol. You know you had over 30 people in the chat when I got on this morning WOW!

I know! I guess the word went through the underground that Keith had phoned in, and since he's been talking to Art off and on all day and night ... well, he's just the guy you want to talk to in these tense times.

Meanwhile, I'm going to start in on Bella-Haven 1 and see what I can do to salvage it. Wish me luck and worse, i'm pretty sure I'll be using Audacity before the day is done. I'll put in into email for you or let you know here that I've failed. 

serenity

Quote from: nbirnes on July 17, 2015, 05:46:15 AM
And then, depending on your obsessiveness, standing on a chair and holding up as much of it as you could to twirl out, and when that was done, climbing on the counter to continue to thread out more cord to be unspun by the pendulous weight of the plumb-bob swinging receiver.

And then when you're all done and you sit down with a limp coil of cord, it will be as tangled and wound as it was before you tried to straighten it out.

Also: Harvest Gold. Why do they inflict colors on us, always? Who decides these things?

But Autumn is beautiful!

nbirnes

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 17, 2015, 01:30:58 AM

You have such good taste! And this gives me a chance to introduce a word I heard for the first time this week: shero. As in she-hero. This poster is sheroic.

Are we happy now?

nbirnes

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 16, 2015, 10:50:49 PM
...Was there a nip slip in the shower one? I didn't even notice... now I'm questioning my maleness.  :o

Glad you guys like them. I was looking through DeviantArt (my favorite art site) looking for an artist for a different project, saw that "Longing won't bring him back sooner" pic and was inspired. Sorry the Bella-Haven text is kind of crappy but I only had a few minutes to work on them and I'm on a really crappy laptop right now.

But yeah, I'm a huge fan of the show. It's really nice to have other people awake in the late hours of the night.

I really love the way you're fashioning them so they look fresh each time. And sweet on the eyes with all the hipster vintage. Love them.

I neglected to pick a font for a logo before I got started, so I'm going to register get something at fontsquirrel.com that looks like some of the ones you're using. Each people who has interpreted Bella-Haven has picked a sort of vintage postcard font. So that's what I'm looking to embed in the webpages.

It's also fun to see each person inspire another person and so on ...

serenity

Quote from: nbirnes on July 17, 2015, 06:01:06 AM
I really love the way you're fashioning them so they look fresh each time. And sweet on the eyes with all the hipster vintage. Love them.

I neglected to pick a font for a logo before I got started, so I'm going to register get something at fontsquirrel.com that looks like some of the ones you're using. Each people who has interpreted Bella-Haven has picked a sort of vintage postcard font. So that's what I'm looking to embed in the webpages.

It's also fun to see each person inspire another person and so on ...

You know I see at least 1 if not 2 books in the works. Am I right Nancy? Between your show, the Blitz and Arts comeback a good writter (hint hint Nancy H. Birnes) could maybe put down on paper this whole process.
And I don't know how long you'll do the show, But it's fresh, funny and I for one hope you hang around for a good while. And Rosie, if your watching (listening?) Same goes!

serenity

Quote from: nbirnes on July 17, 2015, 05:54:09 AM
You have such good taste! And this gives me a chance to introduce a word I heard for the first time this week: shero. As in she-hero. This poster is sheroic.

Are we happy now?

Isn't that Sharon Stone from the quick and the Dead?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 16, 2015, 10:50:49 PM
...Was there a nip slip in the shower one? I didn't even notice... now I'm questioning my maleness.  :o

Glad you guys like them. I was looking through DeviantArt (my favorite art site) looking for an artist for a different project, saw that "Longing won't bring him back sooner" pic and was inspired. Sorry the Bella-Haven text is kind of crappy but I only had a few minutes to work on them and I'm on a really crappy laptop right now.

But yeah, I'm a huge fan of the show. It's really nice to have other people awake in the late hours of the night.

Thanks again for the avatar! It just occurred to me, that I'm now representing Bella-Haven when I post.
Reporting for duty girls!
I felt like punching Keith in the nose last night, when he was giving lovely Rose a hard time.

serenity

Quote from: WhiteCrow on July 17, 2015, 08:20:35 AM

Thanks again for the avatar! It just occurred to me, that I'm now representing Bella-Haven when I post.
Reporting for duty girls!
I felt like punching Keith in the nose last night, when he was giving lovely Rose a hard time.

Well finishing up on tonights playlist. Barring internet failures or bandwidth problems, The stream will go live promptly at 1800 ( Thats 6:00pm Nancy ) EST.  Anyone who would like to relay the stream is welcome to do so. The incoming mount point is /radio Also if you do relay ( and it all helps with the bandwidth believe me) please post your streaming link here for all to see.

My links for tonight are:
http://aliendreams.ddns.net                                          This is the radio home page/live stream
http://aliendreams.ddns.net:8000/radio.m3u            if you want to stream on a media player or internet radio

So here's hoping for clear seas and following winds
It's the Bella-Havathon tonite 6:00pm Eastern, 3 Pacific
Keep your fingers crossed!

Serenity

edit: if you need the relay info for Icecast pm me

serenity

BTW Nancy, just a tease about the time. Old habits die hard. Sry

Lilith

Quote from: serenity on July 17, 2015, 09:35:55 AM
Well finishing up on tonights playlist. Barring internet failures or bandwidth problems, The stream will go live promptly at 1800 ( Thats 6:00pm Nancy ) EST.  Anyone who would like to relay the stream is welcome to do so. The incoming mount point is /radio Also if you do relay ( and it all helps with the bandwidth believe me) please post your streaming link here for all to see.

http://aliendreams.ddns.net                                          This is the radio home page/live stream
http://aliendreams.ddns.net:8000/radio.m3u            if you want to stream on a media player or internet radio

Serenity

I'm starting to learn about this stuff, so that *someday* I can help with streaming and stuff.  I am *old...* ...so I dunno how long it will take me.  I have bookmarked Icecast and Audacity, and having a look at what those are.  Even if I never have *success*, I will enjoy learning a lot :D

serenity

Quote from: brig on July 17, 2015, 12:10:03 PM
I'm starting to learn about this stuff, so that *someday* I can help with streaming and stuff.  I am *old...* ...so I dunno how long it will take me.  I have bookmarked Icecast and Audacity, and having a look at what those are.  Even if I never have *success*, I will enjoy learning a lot :D

It's a lot of fun but can be frustrating at times. Great hobby though. But I will say I wonder how those that do this for a living do it. But i guess they ask the same about what I use to do as well. BTW unless your over 100 your not old yet!

Lilith

Celestial

Wouldn't you know the night I fall asleep early I miss Keith with the girls. *whimpers*

Now I know what will my filling my ears this afternoon. Yay!

Ah damn, I was hoping to fix the text before anyone caught it. Thank you.  ;D :D Here's one with fixed text.

RoseGirl

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 17, 2015, 02:36:47 PM
Luv this one!

wow....where is that one posted, Aldous? I can't find it anywhere??? It beautiful!!

RoseGirl

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 17, 2015, 02:50:27 PM
Ah damn, I was hoping to fix the text before anyone caught it. Thank you.  ;D :D Here's one with fixed text.

VQ....that is excellent work!!! Just lovely! *big rosie smile*

RoseGirl

Quote from: serenity on July 17, 2015, 09:35:55 AM

Serenity

Serenity....wow...just wow. I have a request, well....a special favour.....um, really, honey...I am BEGGING you.

Can you help me put up a live stream on my web site at www.mysticstars.net? And perhaps a chat feature? I really need to get this up and happening and I am a techno-boob. *sigh* (feels the appropriate amount of shame).

Do you know how to do this sort of thing? I understand it is not very expensive and would love to have my own up there. Oh, and by the way, if you'd like to run any or all of my pre-recorded 'Outsider' pod casts on your site, please be my guest.

cheers,
rose

bateman

You guys might want to jump on early tonight.

RoseGirl

Quote from: bateman on July 17, 2015, 03:01:43 PM

Why...what's up????

Lilith

Tell me MORE  ;D

serenity

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 17, 2015, 02:56:47 PM

Serenity....wow...just wow. I have a request, well....a special favour.....um, really, honey...I am BEGGING you.

Can you help me put up a live stream on my web site at www.mysticstars.net? And perhaps a chat feature? I really need to get this up and happening and I am a techno-boob. *sigh* (feels the appropriate amount of shame).

Do you know how to do this sort of thing? I understand it is not very expensive and would love to have my own up there. Oh, and by the way, if you'd like to run any or all of my pre-recorded 'Outsider' pod casts on your site, please be my guest.

cheers,
rose

I'd be glad to help. I am more familier with the Linux side of the house but Ill help where I can. Don't know a thing about the chat thing though I ran openfire for a while but its not the wide open IRC chat that you guys want. Ill om you my email lets see what we can do ;)

Lilith

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 17, 2015, 02:56:47 PM

cheers,
rose
I would LOVE to see you get those up and running Rosie....I'll b THERE to hear you and chat !!!

aldousburbank

Sneaky sneaky Bateman.