• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

HumanBeing

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 20, 2018, 08:02:58 PM
I'm pretty tired of the ones with investigators spouting their latest theories.  I still enjoy the guests who experience hauntings and tell about them.

I know it can be said about many topics, but it got to the point for me that there wasn't anything new or interesting about Ghosts that hadn't been said before.
Nowadays the one thing that has changed is development of ghost detection devices. But even then I think some of those devices are just money grabbers.

The only show I have downloaded from 2018 MITD with Heather that I was interested in hearing was 'Incident at Devil's Den'.
I have not heard it yet. I got it because I seen the scuttlebutt, you  ;D, saying it was a good show.

Quote from: chefist on May 20, 2018, 08:57:17 PM
I'm unsettled right now...went to wikipedia to check the age of consent for various Asian countries...wow.

I'm guessing Arthur C Clarke didn't settle in Sri Lanka for the climate.

FlarpsWife

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 20, 2018, 07:28:47 PM
This clip from Art's buddy says it all.

"I'm not going to say it like he said it." Ugh. Heather and Art are degenerate TRRRRASH.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 08:56:08 PM
I’m just waiting at this point to see what other utterly deviant behaviors you attribute to Art, fucked up as he was.  ::)

I didn't know anything about Art Bells personal life before i came to bellgab i barely knew who the guy was. I heard my dad say coast to coast sucked after Art Bell left because i was listening to Noory. I had no idea about the drama of c2c or anything about Art. I stumbled upon a post saying Art Bell was coming back when we did Dark Matter that was my first real exposure to Art. And the post i read said Art posted here at bellgab so i signed up because it seemed to be a big deal and i wanted to hear this guy my dad and everyone else loved.

I fucking regret ever seeing that post about a Art coming back and getting invested in the perverts personal life. To be honest i didn't think Dark Matter or MITD was that great, it had its moments but i don't remember any stand out shows like "mel's hole". In the end Art was just a huge let down and a piece of shit human.

HumanBeing

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 20, 2018, 08:06:53 PM
There used to be a thread like this listing shows. I will look tomorrow at work for it. I am going to go check out the occult one you mentioned. I love Illuminati watcher podcast and also Higherside chats.

Thanks, I'm familiar with Higherside Chats but not the other.
I've got their website open in a browser tab will check it out later. It seems promising  :D

chefist

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 09:01:00 PM
It’s a thing. A good lot of them are straight.

There ya go.

Catsmile

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 06:28:02 PM
Preaching to the choir, Catsmile. I don’t believe Airyn even liked Heather. I was politely suggesting to cowkiller that I didn’t necessarily agree with that theory.

It wasn't directed solely at you, but looked like a good springboard into a dissertation upon cultural differences.

She might like Heather or not, I don't know. She was willing to except a ride with Heather to her husbands funeral, if there was major friction between the 2. She would have arranged to ride with someone else, most likely. What may be an unacceptable situation to one culture, might not seem as repugnant to someone from another culture. Individuals can vary. I could be wrong. 

Again, all of the above isn't directed at you. Just adding to the conversation. 

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 20, 2018, 09:03:29 PM
I know it can be said about many topics, but it got to the point for me that there wasn't anything new or interesting about Ghosts that hadn't been said before.
Nowadays the one thing that has changed is development of ghost detection devices. But even then I think some of those devices are just money grabbers.

The only show I have downloaded from 2018 MITD with Heather that I was interested in hearing was 'Incident at Devil's Den'.
I have not heard it yet. I got it because I seen the scuttlebutt, you  ;D, saying it was a good show.

There were 2 shows on that and they were the only 2 shows I listened to in the months before Art's death.  They were about a week and a half apart.  Great story and I actually bought the the book.  I used to go to Devil's Den all of the time.  That was one of my favorite haunts when I lived in Arkansas.  Just loved being out in nature there.

basswood

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 20, 2018, 09:06:40 PM
In the end Art was just a huge let down and a piece of shit human.

Like the rest of us.

Spookcat

It just reminds me of a quote that's stuck with me for years. "You have to keep the people who do things apart from what they do." Art was a great radio host. Was he a great person? Most likely not, but who am I to say?

chefist

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 20, 2018, 09:04:49 PM

LOL  ;D My buddy and I used to make fun of him endlessly...we'd insult creepy men we encountered in our careers as, "...he looks like Arthur C Clarke with a house boy in Shri Lanka."  ;D

HumanBeing

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 08:19:57 PM
We have his posts, we have his book in print and in audio, "The Quickening"
Remember Keith played that book for few nights in a raw.

Are you a personal friend of Vincent?

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 20, 2018, 02:12:17 PM
...and don't forget, (Redacted) Started and led the blitz thread.

Quote from: brig on May 20, 2018, 02:31:31 PM
I don't think it was Arts' idea. I think it was an idea that entered Heathers head when Art told her he liked her voice, and she proceeded out to the compound to do an interview with him, to show him her "skills" and ask for a chance to learn from him, and do some segments of the show with him, and when the Cumulus deal was approaching, he had to throw her in before that happened, because the deal was probably for shows hosted by Art Bell, not Heather Wade.

I could be wrong.

Brig dear, I have this horrible impression you are suggesting something that my weak faculties prevent me from grasping.  The velvet nap is too thick for my noggin.  I beg you, take off the glove and hit me with the mailed fist.

bellNwhistle

We’ve all been let down (for various reasons), I think. :/ I know I have been.

HumanBeing

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 20, 2018, 08:27:50 PM

Cool, I'll check that out.  I remember Regis Philbin experienced some weird shit at the Whaley House when he was doing a gig with Hans Holzer there in the 60's.  I read about it in one of Holzer's books.  I respect the seasoned investigators but not the flash-in-the-pan TV celebrities who hype every sound or garbled message.

Have you ever experienced a ghost?
I believe you've gone out investigating before.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: chefist on May 20, 2018, 09:08:13 PM
There ya go.

I know 3 males who are/were Bronies. One is a cross dresser, but the other two are plain vanilla white dudes who like chicks.

Cowkiller

Well, hester, lasher, and m vara are gonna have fun with where bg went this weekend.   Now Art is considered scum. i'd rather listen to heather and baby joey than this conversation.

Catsmile

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 06:55:25 PM
https://twitter.com/keithrowland/status/998364924102365186

Queef Lives in the future.  May 21, 2018...
Also, why Queef trying to out himself?
I only need to know a bullshitter, not why a bullshitter.

# What side of the planet is he on?
# Hummm...

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 20, 2018, 09:14:27 PM
Well, hester, lasher, and m vara are gonna have fun with where bg went this weekend.   Now Art is considered scum. i'd rather listen to heather and baby joey than this conversation.

yeah, I hear you. I need a break.

chefist

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 09:13:06 PM
I know 3 males who are/were Bronies. One is a cross dresser, but the other two are plain vanilla white dudes who like chicks.

I really can't understand it...to each their own...as long as they keep it between adults...

The fact the cartoons are geared for children is what makes me keenly sensitive to their proclivities.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 09:11:07 PM

We’ve all been let down (for various reasons), I think. :/ I know I have been.

Art:

bellNwhistle

Quote from: chefist on May 20, 2018, 09:15:36 PM
I really can't understand it...to each their own...as long as they keep it between adults...

The fact the cartoons are geared for children is what makes me keenly sensitive to their proclivities.

I don’t get it either.

GravitySucks

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 20, 2018, 09:04:49 PM

Another one of Hoagland’s good friends

Hells Mole

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 08:38:41 PM
Wouldn’t she feel guilty for NOT reporting him if it were true?

By her own admission she was an active participant in wife swapping, swinging, and whatever sex acts Art wanted her to be a part of.  Doesn't that make her the same pervert she claims Art was?  She's certainly not a victim of the sex.  Of sociopathic abuse quite possibly, but it's not like she was being forced into the sex acts.

As for police reports and arrest that doesn't prove or disprove anything.  Many people get away with any and all crimes.  Many crimes go unreported.  Many people do not report crimes committed by people they are attached to for any number of reasons.  People who have been seduced by a sociopath are messed up and confused in all sorts of ways from the manipulation and are often very legitimately afraid.

Maybe at the time she didn't think much of it and it's only in hindsight and with the reports of other people that she has recalled things and brought them into more question.

As far as not talking until now it's quite possible nobody attempted to contact her until now.  It's not like she's selling anything and going on some unknown podcast isn't garnering her any fame nor does she seem to be getting off on it, though it may well be cathartic to get things off their chest.

If you've ever had the misfortune of being close to a sociopath that then becomes famous and successful it's a nightmarish thing to live with.  Seeing the world adore someone who utterly destroys lives in a way that really is criminally wrong, while they continue their reign of terror in their personal life is one of the most horrible things anyone can endure.

...Not that I'm saying that's case, it is just more hypothetical responses to hypothetical questions.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 20, 2018, 09:06:40 PM
I didn't know anything about Art Bells personal life before i came to bellgab i barely knew who the guy was. I heard my dad say coast to coast sucked after Art Bell left because i was listening to Noory. I had no idea about the drama of c2c or anything about Art. I stumbled upon a post saying Art Bell was coming back when we did Dark Matter that was my first real exposure to Art. And the post i read said Art posted here at bellgab so i signed up because it seemed to be a big deal and i wanted to hear this guy my dad and everyone else loved.

I fucking regret ever seeing that post about a Art coming back and getting invested in the perverts personal life. To be honest i didn't think Dark Matter or MITD was that great, it had its moments but i don't remember any stand out shows like "mel's hole". In the end Art was just a huge let down and a piece of shit human.

heh heh

dsz

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 20, 2018, 08:54:45 PM
Look at the monkey eared sexual deviant he is old enough to be her grandpa.

And I bet your ears and sex life are perfect/squeaky klean?

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 09:19:53 PM
? too soon ? ;)

Art lived long enough to become the villain.

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 20, 2018, 07:00:22 PM
I don’t judge anyone who still listens to him. Their choice. I am just done. Going to delete my archives tomorrow.

Don't be so rash, take a deep breath. Hang on to his old shows for a while longer, if you still feel the same way 2 months from nao. Dump em, and say "FUCKER" as they evaporate.

I thought everyone knew Art was a love em and leave em kind of guy years ago. Who knew.