• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on October 17, 2012, 02:40:16 PM
Yes Noory claimed he made it up to full Lieutenant rank, but always wanted to reach Lt. Commander if he had stayed in another year.
But he said that he would have had to go with his group to Iraq the following year.

So he shit his pants and said "Sorry General Schwarzkopf....I need to begin my moustache farm."  Sorry...if you go that far, you have to get it.  That's like dropping out of High School on the last day.  Georgie...Georgie...Georgie....

Oh well...we all have our reasons.  I just wish he'd shut up about his "service."

.....and his horse farm.  He's on that kick again.  ::)

someguy

I'm listening to Noory interview Ed Dames right now, and holy shit. Noory is fucking up an interview with Dames. And Dames just said he'll never be on Coast again. We all know Ed Dames is full of shit, but he's great radio.

Coast to Coast is legit dead now. More so now than ever. How can you fuck up an interview with Ed Dames?! Dude is all about deadly killshots from the sun and evil alien fungus and shit! Noorys interviewing skills are like watching someone try to walk while tripping over untied shoelaces.

eddie dean

Listening to the topic of science and quantum physics, in tonights show, really makes me miss Art Bell. He would hit this kind of topic out of the park.
~sigh~

Morgus

Haha, tonight's guest just asked Noory if he knew of "the game of life"
Noory responded immediately that he of course knew the game and played it when he was a kid.

But the guest was referring to an early computer simulation called the "game of life":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway%27s_Game_of_Life

Noory of course however was thinking of and only knew about the old Milton Bradley board game "Life"  :P

michio

Quote from: El Kragen on October 17, 2012, 10:31:54 AM

What's this all about? Can you elaborate?

Certainly. Ian couldn't do the show last Sunday. In its place they played a past show of Ian hosting.  It turns out that Ian's studio guy or "tech," the one who was supposed to grant him access to the broadcast studio that night, became involved in a car accident on a rainy and slick road.  About an hour or so into this same 'live repeat' show, Ian had called in from his car to briefly explain the situation and update the audience with terse details. As I previously said, you could hear the clear distress in Ian's voice as he apologized profusely for his absence. He obviously wasn't in a mood to explain the night's events. After reading his tweets and listening to Noory's few sentences about it I'm still at a loss as to exactly who was hurt/killed in the traffic accident and what sequence of events transpired that night. If someone has the complete and accurate story, please do tell.

My previous post was a vent at Noory who evidently thought Ian's plight to be trivial and not worthy of a kindly start of the show update for the audience.  Many of us still don't know the full story, to be honest. It doesn't make sense from reading Ian's tweets @deaconpunnett who exactly was declared brain dead, who died in the studio guy's accident or if it was people from an unrelated accident who died at the same hospital where the tech was taken for medical attention, and who is okay besides Ian (Ian wasn't involved in any accident, TMK). To think of and mention a loved family member of the Coast to Coast loyal "crew" was an afterthought for 'Mr. Enlightened,' and then only because a kind-hearted caller reminded him of it with his inquiry.  Punnett cares for his fellow beings, this I know without question. As for Noory being spiritually attuned and connected to the greater "wireless Internet," I'm a resolute disbeliever.

More evidence George is such a 'nice guy'.

I wonder what Ian was doing in Syracuse NY (the site of the accident?)

stevesh

Very strange first hour tonight. It sounded like Noory had actually read the guest's book before the show! True, he used the knowledge he had to interrupt and finish the guest's thoughts rather than ask cogent questions, but still ...

Of course, the guest was the father of one of the C2C producers, so it's probably more likely that the producer-son created a super-duper set of index cards about the book for Simple George, but for one brief, shining moment it seemed as though Noory had actually prepared for the show. Freaky.

Jmstone457

A perfect example of how cocky snoorey is is how he puts words in his guest and his callers mouth.
Why would a host flatter himself at every moment. He not only irritates them but
Conveys his own ignorence in the process. I'm at the point of only listening when he is not hosting.

Nebraska888

Quote from: michio on October 18, 2012, 02:25:23 AM

My previous post was a vent at Noory who evidently thought Ian's plight to be trivial and not worthy of a kindly start of the show update for the audience.  Many of us still don't know the full story, to be honest. It doesn't make sense from reading Ian's tweets @deaconpunnett who exactly was declared brain dead, who died in the studio guy's accident or if it was people from an unrelated accident who died at the same hospital where the tech was taken for medical attention, and who is okay besides Ian (Ian wasn't involved in any accident, TMK). To think of and mention a loved family member of the Coast to Coast loyal "crew" was an afterthought for 'Mr. Enlightened,' and then only because a kind-hearted caller reminded him of it with his inquiry.  Punnett cares for his fellow beings, this I know without question. As for Noory being spiritually attuned and connected to the greater "wireless Internet," I'm a resolute disbeliever.

Well said!  I agree 100%.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Jmstone457 on October 18, 2012, 04:30:03 AM
A perfect example of how cocky snoorey is is how he puts words in his guest and his callers mouth.
Why would a host flatter himself at every moment. He not only irritates them but
Conveys his own ignorence in the process. I'm at the point of only listening when he is not hosting.

Again, well said!

Noory is "biting at the bit" to find an opening in  interviews to show us just how darned smart he is.  OMG, last night he blew it about 20 times.  What's that Abraham Lincoln saying, "It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Sardondi

Quote from: ItsOver on October 18, 2012, 12:46:46 PM
As much as I detest Dames, it'll be one less parawhacko guest for the show if he's gone, so we'll probably have to see C2C stumble into some other dreck.   Let's see, Noory's done weight loss, on-line dating, ..... so can a cooking segment be far off?  George does pan-fried sweetbreads?
I lifted this quote from the Ed Dames thread because it prompted me to think about George's big exercise commitment. Didn't he do that fitness nazi program, PVC 90 or something...or am I remembering that name from a trip to Home Depot for irrigation system pipe? Whatever, George was going to remake his body in a three weeks or something. He should be up to running triple marathons by now, and I'm sure the reason he hasn't mentioned it is that he doesn't want to embarrass those with less will power. Anyone up on George's decision to attack his man boobs?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Sardondi on October 18, 2012, 03:23:49 PM
I lifted this quote from the Ed Dames thread because it prompted me to think about George's big exercise commitment. Didn't he do that fitness nazi program, PVC 90 or something...or am I remembering that name from a trip to Home Depot for irrigation system pipe? Whatever, George was going to remake his body in a three weeks or something. He should be up to running triple marathons by now, and I'm sure the reason he hasn't mentioned it is that he doesn't want to embarrass those with less will power. Anyone up on George's decision to attack his man boobs?

Ha! The P90X. Yes! The C2C website had that horrific picture of him in a sleeveless exercise shirt. That thing's insane. And dangerous to promote in the way they did. The notion that someone like Noory could go straight into it struck me as hilarious. No surprise it quietly disappeared.

Similarly, what became of Shape Up America? A few lame interviews with dieticians. Was that it? Wasn't he making grandiose claims about millions of pounds of collective weight loss? As verifiable as the thousands of Insiders he claims to add each month, presumably.

Morgus

I see Noory has that conspiracy nut Alex Jones scheduled as the first hour guest on tonight's c2c. Yuck...

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 18, 2012, 04:09:55 PM
Ha! The P90X. Yes! The C2C website had that horrific picture of him in a sleeveless exercise shirt. That thing's insane. And dangerous to promote in the way they did. The notion that someone like Noory could go straight into it struck me as hilarious. No surprise it quietly disappeared.

Similarly, what became of Shape Up America? A few lame interviews with dieticians. Was that it? Wasn't he making grandiose claims about millions of pounds of collective weight loss? As verifiable as the thousands of Insiders he claims to add each month, presumably.

That Noory workout picture could give you nightmares.  :D  It was like a geezer in a speedo.  :o  I'm guessing Noory gave the workout routine the once-over and then hit the lounges to practise his crooning.  I'm hoping we're safe from hearing about any P90X for a long time.  Kind of like we're safe from any dog food ads and his imaginary canine.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on October 18, 2012, 04:42:23 PM
I see Noory has that conspiracy nut Alex Jones scheduled as the first hour guest on tonight's c2c. Yuck...

I thought they would have saved the King of Conspiracies for Wells on Saturday.  Another sign C2C is way out of any new ideas?

zeph

George Noory is on Alex Jones' 'Infowars Moneybomb' right now for the next two hours. Expectedly, he's already made a few word-fumbles and said, "Sumpthin's gunna happen." (talking about Iran, i think) ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: zeph on October 18, 2012, 07:15:39 PM
George Noory is on Alex Jones' 'Infowars Moneybomb' right now for the next two hours. Expectedly, he's already made a few word-fumbles and said, "Sumpthin's gunna happen." (talking about Iran, i think) ;D

Guess they must be doing a "trade-off."  Glad I'm missing that exchange.  Noory should just stick with talking about shadow rodents.

RedMichael

I think C2C is running out of ideas too. Noory not being able to properly interview someone, structure a show, research guests is a huge problem. I think a lack of any like subjects on TV or movies played a part too.

I was watching X-files last night thought to myself "I bet this show kind of supercharged the crazy, got a lot of people to come forward with things they didn't want to share, and opened several people up to the pseudoscience industry."

This show ran from 1993-2002. During that span we had quite a few movies/shows with similar subjects. It matches up somewhat with the show's rise and decline. The history channel DID turn into the crazy channel years ago but it doesn't really have any far reaching appeal. Good for science but bad for C2C.

Finally, the internet.  It DID make it easier for a lot more people to create podcasts and shows that at least overlapped subjects of C2C and a lot handle their subjects 10x better than Noory ever could. During the 90s was there any kind of alternative? I do thank C2C for all of these podcasts. I enjoy a lot of them and think a weekly show is really the only way to go now and not get stale. Fuck Alex Jones though, I am glad he got somewhat big and took his crazies with him.

The access to discussion, book/show reviews, and other data has made it easy to spot bullshit and harder for someone to enter the game with bullshit. If Hoaxland stepped forward 10 years ago he would have never took off. His foundation was built before people like Expat got a crack at him. I think that is why we see the same old acts from waaay back then and not many new heavy hitters.

Just my opinions.

PS. I think the writing is on the wall for C2C or any replacement show covering the same shit on a nightly basis quality wise. Either an overhaul of talent and/or condensing the # of shows seems like a solution anymore. Or a mixture. I bet Noory was a better guest host than main host. Cut him back to 3 days, but one or two others for the other days, no weekend shows.

Sardondi

Great. We get to imagine them as a 2-man Humancentipad as the two black belt brown-nosers engage in a mutual lingual bodywash....

ziznak

Quote from: ItsOver on October 18, 2012, 07:30:26 PM
Guess they must be doing a "trade-off."  Glad I'm missing that exchange.  Noory should just stick with talking about shadow rodents.
hehe I'd love to hear that negotiation... "ok alexxxphhhh I'll suck on yerr shhoh and you kin suck on mine"

rangers1919

Noory is really trying to one-up Jones tonight.

Oh you fought through a crowd of freedom haters that wouldn't give a choking girl the Heimlich maneuver? Well I saw a choking child and pulled the food out of his throat with my fingers.

I have to give Jones credit for one thing. The disabled person on Social Security called in and Jones told him not to participate in their money bomb if he was on a fixed income, this was after Noory said how great it was of course. I'm sure Noory will ignore this type of activity in his next comments bashing somebody on food stamps buying name brand juice though.

michio

Quote from: zeph on October 18, 2012, 07:15:39 PM

Alex Jones and George Noory were talking about some dude who was on the no-fly list. He's no terrorist because George analyzed a picture or video of said dude.
George to Alex: "He doesn't look like a terrorist!"
We may now add 'terrorist spotting expert' to George's extraordinary abilities. The man never ceases to amaze me with his endless talents.

Juan

Wayne Green used to talk about the importance of magazines to new technology.  He said the magazine gave interested people a place to communicate - manufacturers a placeto offer their wares, experimenters a place to offer their ideas, etc.  I think Coast with Art gave people the same sort of medium - a place to communicate - and Art was the perfect host for such communication. His scientific background through radio (as a ham, and I would think he had a 1st class commercial radio license too for his broadcast jobs) he knew just enough to talk and sound intelligent, and his wife helped with other paranormal topics.

The X-files helped establish interest - Whitley's Communion did, too.  The fledgling Internet, particularly newsgroups, gave a few people a place to communicate, but a national radio show reached more people.

If Coast is going to continue, it must find a host with the same intellectual curiosity.  That's not sNoory.  And now that the show is owned by a large corporation, I doubt that such a host will be found - at least not purposely.

Roger

So . . . this site no longer talks about what has been on a show just heard? It's 10/18-19/2012. What's this site about then? Just past shows? Why isn't there a category of 'tonight's show'? Can, someone . . . help me?

onan

Quote from: Roger on October 19, 2012, 04:25:43 AM
So . . . this site no longer talks about what has been on a show just heard? It's 10/18-19/2012. What's this site about then? Just past shows? Why isn't there a category of 'tonight's show'? Can, someone . . . help me?

talk about what you want. It isn't my job or anyone's job to inform you. And no we aren't an extension of premrad.

want to know what guest is on go to c2c, lots of info there. Want to know what to think about a certain guest... well think then.

Sardondi

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2012, 05:30:46 AM
talk about what you want. It isn't my job or anyone's job to inform you. And no we aren't an extension of premrad.

want to know what guest is on go to c2c, lots of info there. Want to know what to think about a certain guest... well think then.

Yep. And Roger, I was going to mention looking for the "New Thread" button, since you were obviously new member. Except I see you're not. And this was just your passive- aggressive way to be pissy about how the threads don't suit you. There's a cure.

ziznak

this is where you go to talk trash about noory and sometimes we are aligned with the most recent show... it all depends on which idiot guest and how stupid noory was on a show.  It could be talked about here for weeks especially with the last few shows.

ItsOver

Quote from: michio on October 19, 2012, 03:33:29 AM
Alex Jones and George Noory were talking about some dude who was on the no-fly list. He's no terrorist because George analyzed a picture or video of said dude.
George to Alex: "He doesn't look like a terrorist!"
We may now add 'terrorist spotting expert' to George's extraordinary abilities. The man never ceases to amaze me with his endless talents.

:D  Ace Noory.... TSA Agent.  Gee... I wonder just what particular TSA job George would love to have?  One can only imagine.  :o

MV/Liberace!

over the history of the forum, there have been several attempts to create a sort of "real time" thread where everyone gathers for play by play each night.  those threads always fizzle out and wind up in the archive.  i don't really know why.  other forums have those types of threads, but the post counts are inflated with meaningless one word posts and useless garbage from people who seem to be posting out of a feeling of obligation.  i'd rather have quality over quantity.

MV/Liberace!

by the way... speaking of the fantastic forum, it looks like they have 6... yes, SIX moderators, yet i can count on one hand the number of posts on that forum in the last week.  oh, and those posts are all from the same 3 people.

just use coastgab and be done with it, for christ's sake.