• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Commodore 64

Started by SR-71, July 05, 2013, 08:55:10 PM

SR-71

Does anyone still has a Commodore 64??

SR-71

I miss the old out days with the c-64 and c-128.

Morgus

Nah, my first computer was an Apple II.

Yorkshire pud

My younger brother still has one..It's how he got into computers. He used to write programmes on it (saved to a cassette, until he saved up for the floppy drive). Years later it put him in good stead, he wrote software for military flight simulators and designed some of the firmware to the PS3, and several cell phones when he was at Sony. 

Gd5150

Loved my c-128. But the Amiga changed everything. Most underated computer ever made.

Juan

Quote from: Gd5150 on July 06, 2013, 01:58:07 AM
Loved my c-128. But the Amiga changed everything. Most underated computer ever made.
Amiga and Xerox - the true innovators.

b_dubb

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 06, 2013, 05:53:46 AM
Amiga and Xerox - the true innovators.

and yet somehow they were unable to bring their innovations to market.  how unfortunate for them

conbrio

I worked for a company that used to Grind the blades of a CF6-50 aircraft engine. It was a German machine and was run by a commodore 64. They now have upgraded thank God, but I am no longer working there, I retired about 10 years ago, before they jumped into the 90s lol.  :o

Con

I had 2 Amiga 2000's, a 1000, a 600, was given 2 more 1000's.Belonged to an Amiga club near the Space Center. One of my 1000's was a souped up hacked version that Lockheed used in the unmanned space flight center. They used Amigas from 1000's,2000's,3000, to 4000 models. Had 3 -4000's and one back-up running all the unmanned launches from the Cape. Used to be able to unlock the premium cable with a little ditty a club member handed out at a meeting once. Almost every month the club would hand out tickets at the meeting and give away software or hardware. The ex-Lockheed 1000 came from that. I hug on waiting for Amiga to resuscitate till 1997. They still have a website. All they seem to be doing is offering a 'port' of Amiga Games to phones these days.Last thing I ever bought was a 68040 card with 16 meg memory for one of my 2000's about $1000.

BobGrau

I might as well ask this here - can anyone provide some sort of idiot's guide to getting an amiga emulator? I'm too lazy to work it out myself.

onan

Quote from: BobGrau on July 14, 2013, 05:35:04 AM
I might as well ask this here - can anyone provide some sort of idiot's guide to getting an amiga emulator? I'm too lazy to work it out myself.

Google search:

is there an amiga emulator

result one:

http://www.amigaemulator.org/

How to make it work... completely up to you... cuz I dunno

Win UAE  is the Amiga emulator

SR-71

commodores were awesome computers in my book because they did not use windows as an OS.

Dude111

Quote from: MorgusNah, my first computer was an Apple II.

I started using Apple computers IN SCHOOL and  love them.......

I also have a C64,still use it alot!!!!!! --- A GOOD UNIT :)

SR-71

cool
Quote from: Dude111 on September 17, 2013, 01:48:51 AM
I started using Apple computers IN SCHOOL and  love them.......

I also have a C64,still use it alot!!!!!! --- A GOOD UNIT :)

basswood

Best Commodore game: Lemonade.

Falkie2013

Quote from: conbrio on July 09, 2013, 06:34:33 PM
I worked for a company that used to Grind the blades of a CF6-50 aircraft engine. It was a German machine and was run by a commodore 64. They now have upgraded thank God, but I am no longer working there, I retired about 10 years ago, before they jumped into the 90s lol.  :o

Con

When I was the manager of video stores back in the 1990s they used Commodores and Vic 20s to make their video displays.

Good machine but a bitch to repair.

A tech I knew and I had a small Commodore and Apple 2 repair business going when I lived in Sacramento.

I am hoping to make room in the bedroom for my Apple II GS. I have all my old Apple ][sin the closet.

I'm amazed that there's a guy who's managed to access the net with an old early model Mac.

It was covered in the British Mac User I think.

My wife found a Commodore emulator for both PC and tablet. She is enjoying old school text adventures from her childhood at the moment.

I found a very thorough Amiga emulator, which I think is called AmigaUAE or something along those lines. It is accurate down to emulating the disk access sounds (!!) and light on the drive which blinks as data is read. You have to start with the Kickstarter boot disk and the roms require disk changes through the games. After playing some old favorites I got tired of changing disks constantly on Shadow of the Beast and put it away. It has been gathering dust on my desktop for the last year or so. Still, a lot of fun and well worth hunting down if Amiga trips your nostalgia switch.

steelbot

Quote from: basswood on September 22, 2013, 06:57:39 PM
Best Commodore game: Lemonade.
HA my original CPU Processor was a Commodore 64 before Cyberdyne came along =P - I liked wargames THE GAME (and even hacked a version of the school grades break in - into a mini software game to fool friends (NOT ON THE GAME)) - and also puting in my own 'say commands for the WOPR" if you cntrl broke the program - Burger Time/Popeye on cartridge and Some adventure/play along create your own ending like cassette game =P crazy stuff! AND A 300 BAUD BBS Modem!!!

Wintermute

I don't have one anymore. Sold it a few years ago.

Mainly because you can run a very good emulator in VM Ware on a modern Windows machine and do everything you could have back in the days.  ??