• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: ShayP on January 21, 2017, 02:58:22 PM
Well, the "stalker" did try.

Nice to see you around Shay.     Guess with Amy still AWOL we don't cross paths much anymore.....................

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 21, 2017, 03:05:02 PM
Nice to see you around Shay.     Guess with Amy still AWOL we don't cross paths much anymore.....................

Thanks.  Always good to see you as well.  Who's Amy?   ???  :-\  ;)  :D

Quote from: ShayP on January 21, 2017, 03:14:29 PM
Thanks.  Always good to see you as well.  Who's Amy?   ???  :-\  ;)  :D

Some poor wretch locked up in Rekcuf's House of Pain...............

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 21, 2017, 03:17:52 PM

Some poor wretch locked up in Rekcuf's House of Pain...............

Jump, jump, jump around?

pate

Hey Art!

I know you love lady musicians, here's one I heard today that I thought you might get a kick out of.

Can't wait to hear your dulcet tones over the intar-tubes again, I hear you are strongly considering returning to the air!

While myself and your other vaguely lovable fans wait for that, perhaps this song I heard can fill in some of those bumper music gaps that I/we miss so much.

You really are a master at picking out topically appropriate bumper songs, I miss those days!  Either I immediately "got it" or had to do a little lyric listening to figure it out.  I miss those days, and look forward to more in the future.

Oh, here's the song I heard that I thought you'd enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAS5IiXPa-w

Cheers, sir!  Happy 2017!

Art, Crystal Gayle was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry Saturday.  You might want to  make a comment about that somewhere; even here, at BellGab.  Midnight in the Desert holds up real well, as a song, anyway.

delanee

Even if Art Bell comes back, I'm done.  I love coming back to visit you BellGabbers, though.  You're much more entertaining and dependable.

albrecht

"Rights Of Amateur Radio Operators" being debated HR555 right now in Congress on C-SPAN. They just passed it but not sure if this is just some preliminary thing or if it passed for real. Just tuned in. The bill would prohibit HOA, cities, etc from having rules that would prohibit HAMS from operating, apparently with some caveats. Art should be interested and, alas, I didn't hear anyone in Congress reference him. The arguments were for disasters and emergency communications and protecting a useful hobby.

ItsOver

Quote from: delanee on January 22, 2017, 08:24:09 PM
Even if Art Bell comes back, I'm done.  I love coming back to visit you BellGabbers, though.  You're much more entertaining and dependable.
Yep.  The Pud is here constantly, looking out for 'merica, and Pate stumbles through on a reliable basis.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on January 23, 2017, 04:11:44 PM
Yep.  The Pud is here constantly, looking out for 'merica, and Pate stumbles through on a reliable basis.

HI!

Nobody

Quote from: albrecht on January 23, 2017, 04:02:59 PM
"Rights Of Amateur Radio Operators" being debated HR555 right now in Congress on C-SPAN. They just passed it but not sure if this is just some preliminary thing or if it passed for real.

GovTrack.us is useful for this sort of thing:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr555?utm_campaign=govtrack_feed&utm_source=govtrack/feed&utm_medium=rss

Quote from: albrecht on January 23, 2017, 04:02:59 PM
Art should be interested and, alas, I didn't hear anyone in Congress reference him.

I'm not sure what kind of currency the name Art Bell has as of 2017. 

albrecht

Quote from: Nobody on January 23, 2017, 07:12:35 PM
GovTrack.us is useful for this sort of thing:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr555?utm_campaign=govtrack_feed&utm_source=govtrack/feed&utm_medium=rss

Yeah, thanks I wasn't really following, not a HAM, but thought of Art when that popped up. I'm all supportive of them though. But I guarantee the HOA/Real-Estate/City Government lobby won't like anything messing with zoning or HOAs (and would this bill really be a 'back door' for things like no objection for cell phone towers etc? Do HAMS have that much political clout on a national level for this bill?)

On the 2nd point, yeah. Though I think he still might in the HAM world?

jazmunda

Quote from: Nobody on January 23, 2017, 07:12:35 PM

My Art Bell Rogue Market stock is getting better every day. Too soon?

SergeantMajor

Listening to a classic Art Bell from his Dreamland Days...despite what has transpired, he still was the Master.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Sergeant Major on January 24, 2017, 12:54:45 AM
Listening to a classic Art Bell from his Dreamland Days...despite what has transpired, he still was the Master.

So was Arthur Godfrey. What's your point?

Arthur Godfrey was frickin' AWESOME!

Arguably Mr. Godfrey entertained MILLIONS more that Arthur Bell EVER did.

Ciardelo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 23, 2017, 11:09:20 PM
;)     ;D  ;D  ;D
* Alien-vs-Predator.gif

I don't care who you are, that is funny.  ;D

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 24, 2017, 04:50:09 AM
I don't care who you are, that is funny.  ;D

can confirm
source: I had to scroll up through pages of degenerate faggotry to see what you were talking about, and I must confess, yes, I found that very funny... when I saw it like a million years ago.

Is Saturn turning retrograde today? I'll admit it--I'm some how feeling plucky.

Quote from: Sergeant Major on January 24, 2017, 12:54:45 AM

Quote from: Art Bell on June 13, 2016, 12:06:28 AM
It's strange to me that some people can not square the on air person with the more recent me...

Art

Jackstar

Quote from: Art Bell on June 13, 2016, 12:06:28 AM
the more recent me

Obvious mouthpiece mind control clone is obvious. Those force-grown tits are a dead giveaway.

Quote from: Jackstar on January 24, 2017, 09:29:36 AM

Obvious mouthpiece mind control clone is obvious. Those force-grown tits are a dead giveaway.

He's not very good at it

Nobody

Quote from: Jackstar on January 24, 2017, 08:19:58 AM
source: I had to scroll up through pages of degenerate faggotry to see what you were talking about,

The site owner was planning to surprise everyone by changing the domain name to degeneratefaggotrygab.com, but now you've ruined everything.

Ciardelo

Fair enough, but jackstar is The Authorityâ,,¢ on degenerate faggotry.

jazmunda

Anyone been following the SIT shows? Are they "new" classics or are they in classic repeat repeat? Asking for degenerate faggot friend.