• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

phrodo

Quote from: weeberwubber on November 05, 2015, 08:56:33 PM
Pretty sure this is her from her twitter 

She sounds like she looks... eerily affected. Mispronounciations and all -- I liked Lieo's voice better than her heavily affected delivery -- even though he's a psychotic shitbag. She used to read stories in about three to four word bursts with weird inflections. Seems she has changed it a bit in the last few days.. but she still sounds snotty and her audio is rather muffled/mid-bass heavy with little high-end clarity. Seems odd that Art would let her continue with less than perfect audio.

AppealPlay

Quote from: phrodo on November 05, 2015, 09:20:36 PM
She sounds like she looks... eerily affected. Mispronounciations and all -- I liked Lieo's voice better than her heavily affected delivery -- even though he's a psychotic shitbag. She used to read stories in about three to four word bursts with weird inflections. Seems she has changed it a bit in the last few days.. but she still sounds snotty and her audio is rather muffled/mid-bass heavy with little high-end clarity. Seems odd that Art would let her continue with less than perfect audio.

She's better than Leo any day.  Of course, my judgment is clouded because I'm on Team Art but there you go.  She needs to drop the BBC News cadence.  If she spoke like a regular person she would be much better.

GravitySucks

We will know she is a keeper if she reads the story I sent her about kangaroo farts.

b_dubb

I think Amy accentuates her words the way she does because we were initially complaining she was too quick and robotic.  I have no complaints with her news casts now.

DynamoHum

I've only heard one mispronounciation - "Sharm El Sikh" (should be Sheik pr. Shake), maybe I haven't heard any others because I zone out a bit while she is on - I listen while I work, so easily done. She's doing ok, much better than Leo, who was like nails down a blackboard.

Let's be honest a horse with a lisp could have done better than Leo.

I don't listen to MITD for silly newscast. I don't care who is hosting this segment. I listen for Art.

They can turn it into ads and I'd be just as happy.

zeebo

I just heard the show's been cancelled?  I hope they'll release a "Best of" collection soon.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on November 09, 2015, 07:47:31 PM
I just heard the show's been cancelled?  I hope they'll release a "Best of" collection soon.

He he

Dateline

Haters!

Roswells, Art

The couple minutes I caught, J. Neil was talking to a caller for awhile about something and they both paused to get Leo's take on the matter. After a moment of dead air J. Neil asked "Leo?" Leo came in, obviously not listening and said, "I'm on the phone" quickly adding "doing research".

So at least he was doing show prep but I'm not sure it should be called that if he is doing it during the show.

jneilschulman

The show was cancelled pre-launch. That's a pretty small set.

Ciardelo

Quote from: jneilschulman on November 09, 2015, 10:20:47 PM
The show was cancelled pre-launch. That's a pretty small set.
I hope you saved the drunk Ward calling in tapes...heh

jneilschulman

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 09, 2015, 10:22:06 PM
I hope you saved the drunk Ward calling in tapes...heh

The purpose of those shows was to make sure the equipment was working. It was. Any drunk dialing we received played five by five.

bateman

Quote from: jneilschulman on November 09, 2015, 10:34:50 PM
The purpose of those shows was to make sure the equipment was working. It was. Any drunk dialing we received played five by five.

What happened that night Leo claimed he was having "dental work" done in the morning?

jneilschulman

Quote from: bateman on November 09, 2015, 10:41:17 PM
What happened that night Leo claimed he was having "dental work" done in the morning?

Beats me. I've never met Leo in person. Facebook private messaging, email, telephone, and Skype audio only. That's it.

norland2424

Quote from: bateman on November 09, 2015, 10:41:17 PM

Im sure thats code for leo blowing at his local adult store gloryhole....

zmbabwe

Quote from: jneilschulman on November 09, 2015, 10:53:10 PM
Beats me. I've never met Leo in person. Facebook private messaging, email, telephone, and Skype audio only. That's it.

Do you have any background info on why Leo cancelled the show?

paladin1991

Quote from: jneilschulman on November 09, 2015, 10:53:10 PM

Hmmm.  Guess he just pussed out?

Quote from: jneilschulman on November 10, 2015, 01:35:34 AM
Doctor's orders.

What do you think of the new guy taking over the show?

Seems everything has been a disaster.

jneilschulman

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 10, 2015, 04:09:17 AM
What do you think of the new guy taking over the show?

Seems everything has been a disaster.

Beyond the first show I haven't been listening.

zmbabwe

How was your experience with the show?  What was it like working with Leo?  Did you have any guests in mind for when the show launched? 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: zmbabwe on November 10, 2015, 10:59:22 AM
How was your experience with the show?  What was it like working with Leo?  Did you have any guests in mind for when the show launched?

Well, as the show didn't get beyond the so-called test period I don't think we can say that the experience was an unalloyed success. I imagine working with Leo was about as much fun as working with any other mental patient who refuses to take their meds. I suppose the only guest they would have considered would be an on-air psychiatrist to watch when Leo starts to chew the carpet, and a big-game hunter for when Leo decides to go Chris Benoit on everyone and decides he's a homicidal gorilla.

jneilschulman

Quote from: zmbabwe on November 10, 2015, 10:59:22 AM

I have email indicating that commenting could expose me legally. I'll leave my desire not to comment further there.

chefist

Quote from: jneilschulman on November 10, 2015, 04:20:15 PM
I have email indicating that commenting could expose me legally. I'll leave my desire not to comment further there.

Well I must admit I thought you two were thick as thieves...evidently not...no one can blame a person for trying to make a living...

If you have anything to plug, go on the next GabCast, tell what you can of your story with Leo, and market yourself...you will be treated with respect...

I think you have a great cautionary story for those in show business...

God speed...