A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Quote from: Rasputin on July 24, 2012, 06:05:28 PM
The very fact that Info Wars was already pushing the "false flag" bullshit just hours after this horrible incident with the "facts" just goes to show how low they have sunk, and stupid some people really are.

I tried to listen, but had to turn it off, then just deleted the whole sick interview. I'm surprised the guest did not link this turd to the JFK assassination, the Reichstag fire, and Climate Change. These people are just making a buck off of incidents like this, and uber paranoid people just feeding into it.

This.

I was listening to the show when JBW started on the false flag stuff and I too had to turn it off soon after. Sickening that Coast is becoming the mouthpiece for this kind of conspiracy b.s.

ShayP

I like JBW....

...BUT...if he keeps on his same path, he will surpass Noory with my dislike.  He has the chops to be an Art Bell type, however he is subtly putting his personal beliefs foremost to all guests and making comments againts government, etc.  Plus, he is all about HIS religion. 

I always thought C2C was neutral to all that shit.  Even Deacon Punnitt keeps it at a minimum. 

Rasputin

The guest he had on aturday for the second half was not bad, and a welcome departure from conspiracy central.
I wonder how long it will be before some Koolaid drinking guest will be on C2C with a "tell all" breaking story about the"conspiracy" behind the Sikh Temple shooting incident?

Quote from: Rasputin on August 06, 2012, 05:50:54 PM
The guest he had on aturday for the second half was not bad, and a welcome departure from conspiracy central.
I wonder how long it will be before some Koolaid drinking guest will be on C2C with a "tell all" breaking story about the"conspiracy" behind the Sikh Temple shooting incident?

I found the Saturday night guest quite interesting, and I liked the fact that he took over from Wells for a large portion of the show. The guy danced circles around Wells and it was really clear he knew it by the end of the night.

jinwicked

I can deal with Noory's mostly-benign idiocy when I need something to listen to late at night.

Except for Noory's quack doctors and dangerous medical advice, his shows are four-hour facepalm sessions.

Wells lost me on one of his first shows when he said IIRC, "If you're an atheist I don't even want to hear from you."

He actually makes me angry, and I do not enjoy being genuinely angry. There are plenty of venues for that.

I tried tuning in recently only to hear him bragging about some awful accent. It was too much.

ShayP

Quote from: jinwicked on August 08, 2012, 01:30:14 PM
I can deal with Noory's mostly-benign idiocy when I need something to listen to late at night.

Except for Noory's quack doctors and dangerous medical advice, his shows are four-hour facepalm sessions.

Wells lost me on one of his first shows when he said IIRC, "If you're an atheist I don't even want to hear from you."

He actually makes me angry, and I do not enjoy being genuinely angry. There are plenty of venues for that.

I tried tuning in recently only to hear him bragging about some awful accent. It was too much.

I did not know about this.  I had high hopes for him too.  :-\  He has a "coolness" factor to him, IMO. Sometimes he has a certain quality that reminds me of Art Bell.   I'll still give him a listen because I do like his programs overall.  I know he has this Jesus thing going on.  That's his deal.  He should keep it to himself.  I took umbrage when he let Stan Johnson go on a rant about the USA should only have Christians living here and everyone else needs to find their own country.  JBW said nothing.  I sent an immediate email...not that it mattered.  And I never send emails to shows.

slipstream

Quote from: ShayP on August 08, 2012, 01:44:57 PM
I did not know about this.  I had high hopes for him too.  :-\   He has a "coolness" factor to him, IMO. Sometimes he has a certain quality that reminds me of Art Bell.   I'll still give him a listen because I do like his programs overall.  I know he has this Jesus thing going on.  That's his deal.  He should keep it to himself.

I don't understand where this idea comes from that talk show hosts should hide who they are.  If we use Art as an example, well Art talked a lot about his beliefs and life.

ShayP

Quote from: slipstream on August 08, 2012, 02:08:00 PM

I don't understand where this idea comes from that talk show hosts should hide who they are.  If we use Art as an example, well Art talked a lot about his beliefs and life.

When C2C gives you the impression that they are unbiased (and George Noory has stated this) then the host should ease up on rhetoric.  I know Art Bell talked about his beliefs and so has Ian Punnett.  Noory talks about spirituality.  I have a problem when the host doesn't have a happy medium (for lack of a better term).  It's almost like that host is fist pumping because the guest goes on a religious rant they happen to believe in. To me it's insulting to the listener.  The host shouldn't be a cheerleader.  They can be who they are...HOWEVER, they need to stay the middle ground, for the most part.

jinwicked

Quote from: ShayP on August 08, 2012, 01:44:57 PM
I did not know about this.  I had high hopes for him too.  :-\  He has a "coolness" factor to him, IMO. Sometimes he has a certain quality that reminds me of Art Bell.   I'll still give him a listen because I do like his programs overall.  I know he has this Jesus thing going on.  That's his deal.  He should keep it to himself.  I took umbrage when he let Stan Johnson go on a rant about the USA should only have Christians living here and everyone else needs to find their own country.  JBW said nothing.  I sent an immediate email...not that it mattered.  And I never send emails to shows.

I looked back and Agent : Orange mentioned the same comment I heard on the first page of this thread.

There is a difference between person expressing views that are not mine and person that is openly hostile to my identity.

The first I encounter and peacefully interact with daily. The second... why should I listen when I am unwelcome?

Eddie Coyle

I think many of you are giving Wells too much credit. I'm of the opinion he doesn't think about anything or posess the slightest core conviction, he's a myrmidon just following along. He's also a parrot and a rather taciturn one, who has never exhibited much more than merely approving of what his wingnut guest says, or proffer a slight variation in theme to buttress what the guest says.

And on that rare show where the guest has a differing opinion? He mumbles, tries to find some commonality with the opposition so he can dwell on their agreeance.

ShayP

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 08, 2012, 03:31:11 PM

I think many of you are giving Wells too much credit. I'm of the opinion he doesn't think about anything or posess the slightest core conviction, he's a myrmidon just following along. He's also a parrot and a rather taciturn one, who has never exhibited much more than merely approving of what his wingnut guest says, or proffer a slight variation in theme to buttress what the guest says.

And on that rare show where the guest has a differing opinion? He mumbles, tries to find some commonality with the opposition so he can dwell on their agreeance.

Dammit Eddie!  Why are you making me see the light!? I WANT to like JBW!  :-[ 

Virtual

I listened to Wells for about 30 minutes. I thought his booming low voice was interesting. But he became annoying very quickly. Just another Clear Channel propaganda slug.

Actually the thought that birds of a feather flock together is more apt. For example, liberal is not going to apply to Fox News. So John B wells is just a mirror of the Coast to Coast Culture Behind the scenes.

What we are really missing and complaining about is that Coast to Coast has no independent thinking. It is a branch of a propaganda machine. Hence Art Bell disengaged with his own creation.

Quote from: jinwicked on August 08, 2012, 03:19:18 PM
I looked back and Agent : Orange mentioned the same comment I heard on the first page of this thread.

There is a difference between person expressing views that are not mine and person that is openly hostile to my identity.

The first I encounter and peacefully interact with daily. The second... why should I listen when I am unwelcome?

I can't express how much the atheist statement pissed me off.

ShayP

Quote from: Agent : Orange on August 08, 2012, 04:35:27 PM
I can't express how much the atheist statement pissed me off.

I wish I heard it in real time.  Regardless...I share your sentiment.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ShayP on August 08, 2012, 04:01:47 PM
Dammit Eddie!  Why are you making me see the light!? I WANT to like JBW!  :-[
As someone with photophobia, I hate seeing the light, too. And I too wanted to like Wells...but he's a goof. Most of us are looking for an Art surrogate, I hoped Wells could be on the road to that, but it's highly unlikely.

JBW has grossly disappointed and I have not yet figured out how the hell to rank him.  His "gay"(?) voice thing freaked me out and his blathering "ummmms" drive me mad.

And where the hell is my avatar!?

Ctylersmith

New here, so I hope my first post doesn't make everyone hate me =\

I at least appreciate how Wells gives his guests a chance to talk and he just doesn't seem aloof constantly like Noory does.  He seems to at least engage his guest with questions that aren't typed out on cards and handed to him by his producers.

That and the voice is pretty solid and far more listenable to me than Noory's nasal sound.

I wouldn't mind him having more air time and a chance to solidify himself with more engaging guests.

AktionT4

One thing about Wells - he is engaged with the guest. It's plainly obvious to me that he does listen and asks relevant questions based on the context of the existing dialogue. 

Snoory, like has been mentioned so many times before, pulls content out of a fucking hat and is seemingly punching blind questions at the guest - as if he were just flipping through index cards.

I mean - if a guest is talking about something like canned beans, Wells will ask questions like, "Are these Boston Baked beans or yellow beans?" 

In Snoory's World, his follow up question would be, "...something is going to happen.  Can you feel it?" 

George isn't following the discussion and when he is, it's nothing but softballs.  He doesn't have the skill to make the mundane entertaining.

Quote from: AktionT4 on August 12, 2012, 12:35:13 AM
... George isn't following the discussion and when he is, it's nothing but softballs.  He doesn't have the skill to make the mundane entertaining.

George doesn't have the skills to make the fascinating interestng.

Never tuned in to Wells and probably never will, I just don't listen at all anymore, but I can't imagine anyone being as lazy and untalented as George Noory and being on the radio more than once.

michio

Quote from: slipstream on August 08, 2012, 02:08:00 PM

Sure Art did, but not not to the extremes of Seaman Wells and Captain Noory.  Search back in the Noory archives for your answer. There's audio on more than one occasion where Noory's said, "It's not my job to tell you what I think."  That's a direct quote I heard him say. Now you know why I view him as a hypocrite and a liar. He _always_ tells us what he thinks.  Wells has said words to the effect that he's politically neutral, this isn't a right wing or left wing thing, but I definitely don't hear unbiased comments coming from him when he's regularly ranting about George Soros (not one mention of the Koch Bros?) and how "Obama will take our guns" (has he in the last four years?). Another liar and hypocrite in training.

If you are going to make the show partially centered around about the host's personal beliefs and political viewpoints then plainly lay it out on the table for everyone to see.  Don't hide behind your claimed objectivity and neutrality that's nothing more than a facade and sham for your personal agendas. It's intellectually insulting to the listeners to treat them as the merry fools of Noory and Wells. If there's one thing Art had on C2C it was his integrity and his respect for his audience.  I receive no sense of integrity or respect from Wells or Noory.

ziznak

Wells is engaged with his guests because most of his guests are doom whores like he is.  I have actually tuned in quite a bit to the JB Wells "apocalypse" Saturday shows and I find some of the conspiracies interesting but as a whole I just see it as a huge infomercial for doomsday preppers and fear mongers.  We all know that Wells has alternative motives for covering the topics he does.

Ctylersmith

Quote from: ziznak on August 12, 2012, 01:20:15 AM
Wells is engaged with his guests because most of his guests are doom whores like he is.  I have actually tuned in quite a bit to the JB Wells "apocalypse" Saturday shows and I find some of the conspiracies interesting but as a whole I just see it as a huge infomercial for doomsday preppers and fear mongers.  We all know that Wells has alternative motives for covering the topics he does.

In fairness, I suppose the same could be said about many of the topics Art covered.  I don't find that a reason to disregard someone out of hand.

ziznak

Quote from: Ctylersmith on August 12, 2012, 02:08:37 AM
In fairness, I suppose the same could be said about many of the topics Art covered.  I don't find that a reason to disregard someone out of hand.
I'm not disregarding him or his info I'm simply keeping it in mind that the person who is pointing out certain problems is also selling the cure.  This is a fact that shouldn't be overlooked when contemplating such theories.  Of course the guy that sells gas masks is going to over emphasize the possibilities that render one necessary.  This doesn't mean that I don't see the importance of owning one it just makes me believe that the absolute need for one is less imperative.

Juan

I was finally curious enough to look up Wells' website.

Starfield background? - Yep.

Long scrolls on the pages? - Yep, on some of them.

I wanted to like him

puma237

as a new poster, i just wanna say that i was with art since back in the days when he was still trying to be the night time rush limbaugh. was still there a little later when he finally figured out the the republican party was every bit as f****d up as the democrats and converted himself on air to libertarianism. then when bad thing started happening to his family and he slowly began losing his edge.

after mona died, he was pretty much worthless.

noory seems to have gone through a similar metamorph. he has been booking a lot of agenda 21 shills lately and his opinions seeems to come and go on the wind.

wells is still fresh, has the good edge and has even remarked a few times about certain outside pressure that have been directed toward his show. yet he refuses to chill and shill.

i like him now, and would like to see him take the main post.  just hope he can hold up.

Even with being dissatisfied with JBW I would rather listen to c2c with him hosting over Noory!  I'll take a stuttering airhead over an imbecilic retard any nite of the week!

SheilaVG

I agree on all counts. Sometimes I find the things that come out of his mouth a bit confusing.

I didn't - and won't - listen to the program where he started a discussion about the movie massacre being an inside job - but I do think I noticed a change in his demeanor the next week which still prevails. I even think he may be covering some topics which may be more mainstream to C2C now. He has stopped all the comments like, "What I think has gotten me in trouble in the past" [not a direct quote, just the style of some of the things he had been saying.  I wonder if he sort of got called on the carpet for some of the things he said. I would not be too sad if he were to leave the show. Weird coincidence that the announcer who's been there all that time left just after he came on board. I do not think he is related to Orson Wells: I think he would have said something.

SheilaVG

Yeah but GN has had some actually interesting, non repetive programs lately: the Nixon one and the guy who wrote a book based on some LA legend; those were interesting. Unfortunately, I think the best we can hope for is more of those... not less of George. Kind of makes PRN look silly but I think it's not easy to find people to do that show. Sometimes I got to wonder why no one helps the guy figure out pronunciations and why he doesn't think before he speaks.

SheilaVG

Hopefully PRN has the brains not to let that happen. They'd have to be kind of desperate and I have a feeling that JBW has been ... for lack of a better word ... warned. He may already be on his second strike.