• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: malliard on July 01, 2017, 06:33:01 PM
via facebook
It's a Boy! Alexander William Bell weighs in at 8lbs 5oz, 19 and a quarter inches both the same as Asia.
Art

Alexander Bell.  That should go ever well on the playground.  Way to think things through, Art.

CozyRozie

via facebook
It's a Boy! Alexander William Bell weighs in at 8lbs 5oz, 19 and a quarter inches both the same as Asia.
Art

almost 19.5
is Art sure that is his..lol
Wonder if Hoagie will have celebratory smirk on his face tonight during his show ;D

CozyRozie

via facebook
Art

Let's hope Art is not going to abandon this little fella.
Art feels threatened by other males in his life...

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 01, 2017, 07:16:25 PM
Alexander Bell.  That should go ever well on the playground.  Way to think things through, Art.

As Art is fond of going all in they should have went with Graham for the middle name.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 01, 2017, 07:31:13 PM
As Art is fond of going all in they should have went with Graham for the middle name.

what about Diva, after Art's middle name

CozyRozie

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 01, 2017, 06:36:45 PM
Congratulations Art , Airyn and Asia.   One more AB!!!

?? Asia ??-how was she involved in the conception ??
Art and Airyn I understand..they had sex (or maybe is was artificial insemination considering Art's bad back,really bad back) but how was she involved.. :o

CozyRozie

at this point Art should rename all his cats.
cat AB-1
cat AB-2
cat AB-3
cat AB-4
cat AB-5
cat AB-6

SergeantMajor

Hey Everyone, come to ufoship.com/chat and join Gab Cast

SergeantMajor

Congratulations Art! :D

CozyRozie

What are the chances that this is a Stalkers baby ?

No clues in Asia Rain's brothers name on the circumstances of conception? 

I guess Godawful Nevada Heat Bell doesn't really roll off the tongue

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 01, 2017, 08:12:19 PM
No clues in Asia Rain's brothers name on the circumstances of conception? 

I guess Godawful Nevada Heat Bell doesn't really roll off the tongue

William Alexander from what I saw on twitter.

ACE of CLUBS

Wonder if Art will be sharing breast feeding duties ..... ?

CozyRozie

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on July 01, 2017, 11:45:41 PM
Wonder if Art will be sharing breast feeding duties ..... ?

He will be feeding and Airyiean will be changing diapers (of both, the 75 years old father and the brand new son)

CozyRozie

Quote from: th'ONE on June 30, 2017, 08:46:00 PM
IN NEXT FEW DAYS (??-MAYBE MORE) VERY BAD/SAD NEWS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON BELLGAB !!!

BTW,
that *new baby news* was not what I had in mind.
Keep waiting.

Mutt

I am hoping that someone can help me locate a show that Art did where they had police tapes of the local PD tracking a UFO. I remember driving late at night listening and was so enthralled and entertained that I missed my exit off the turnpike. I miss Art.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Mutt on July 03, 2017, 02:56:08 PM
I am hoping that someone can help me locate a show that Art did where they had police tapes of the local PD tracking a UFO. I remember driving late at night listening and was so enthralled and entertained that I missed my exit off the turnpike. I miss Art.

I had this show and hundreds others but deleted them all after learning that Art Bell abandoned his children to build his radio career.
Fuck him, if radio career is more important to Art than his own children.
MANY GOOD FATHERS CAN DO BOTH. 
But I guess Art is too stupid or too selfish to be good loving carrying father and good radio show host.
Maybe he is both..too stupid and too selfish.

(since you just registered today on BellGab, in case you are not aware of what Art did to his children read it here)

Corona Kitty

(LOL) this shit is comedy

CozyRozie

Quote from: usernameâ,,¢ on July 03, 2017, 03:13:52 PM
(LOL) this shit is comedy

I would say what Art Bell did to his children is actually a human tragedy !!!
..there is a place in Hell for people like him.

heater

Quote from: th'ONE on July 03, 2017, 12:17:38 PM
BTW,
that *new baby news* was not what I had in mind.
Keep waiting.

I'm sick of waiting.  It's the hardest part.

I've talked to my team and we may offer to pay Old MV $1,000 per account to ban you if you don't come through with big news in 4 hours.

Tick tock mofo

Corona Kitty

Quote from: th'ONE on July 03, 2017, 03:17:11 PM
I would say what Art Bell did to his children is actually a human tragedy !!!
..there is a place in Hell for people like him.

He made his bed now he has to lay in it.

CozyRozie

Quote from: th'ONE on July 03, 2017, 03:05:39 PM
I had this show and hundreds others but deleted them all after learning that Art Bell abandoned his children to build his radio career.
But I guess Art is too stupid or too selfish to be good loving carrying father and good radio show host.

(since you just registered today on BellGab, in case you are not aware of what Art did to his children read it here)

But Art had no problem in replacing his three (3) children with three (3) stinking cats...what a 'swell guy' that Art is.

CozyRozie

Quote from: themudking on July 03, 2017, 03:21:38 PM
I'm sick of waiting.  It's the hardest part.

I've talked to my team and we may offer to pay Old MV $1,000 per account to ban you if you don't come through with big news in 4 hours.

Tick tock mofo

I'm sure MV can gladly ban me for FREE, ..save your cash ;D 8)

That big/sad news is not up to me to be released, things must happen first and by default we all will know.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: th'ONE on July 03, 2017, 03:05:39 PM

good grief.  the guy is just asking if someone has a particular broadcast or not.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Σ> on July 03, 2017, 03:28:47 PM
good grief.  the guy is just asking if someone has a particular broadcast or not.

Sorry, I totally missed that part.. :-* 8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: th'ONE on July 03, 2017, 03:52:06 PM
Sorry, I totally missed that part.. :-* 8)

haha, fair enough.

Juan

Quote from: Mutt on July 03, 2017, 02:56:08 PM
That was the famous Trumbull County, Ohio UFO chase.
https://sites.google.com/site/paranormalzonex/UFOs/ufos-aliens-ufo-092

It happened in December, 1994.  I think Art got the tapes in 1995.  Maybe that will help you narrow it down.  It was a great show.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Juan on July 03, 2017, 05:00:44 PM

It happened in December, 1994.  I think Art got the tapes in 1995.  Maybe that will help you narrow it down.  It was a great show.

Talking about another great show that Art did years ago, it was an interview with a guest who was talking about mad cow decease, feeding cows corpses of other animals grinded with regular food cows were eating,.. that topic was just started to be covered in the mass media.
Guest was very informed on the topic and the show had yuuuge impact on me and consumption of meat ever since.
I still have in some boxes Sony Mini-Disc with that interview.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Σ> on April 05, 2008, 03:14:46 PM
You are reading the first of hopefully MANY posts on this message board, CoastGab.com.

My name is Michael Vandeven.  I'm 28 years old.  I started listening to Art Bell in the early 1990s back when Coast to Coast AM (or The Art Bell Show) was a nightly experience.  For the first time, somebody was able to host a nightly show focused on paranormal subject matter while being at least slightly more entertaining than throat cancer. 

It's always seemed ironic how such an interesting series of topics could put you to sleep if discussed by anybody but Art.  I don't know what made him different, but whatever it was, nobody else could touch him.  Art was funny in a strange way that could be appreciated both by teenage males and little old ladies.  He talked about himself and his personal life.  He didn't screen calls.  He allowed bullshit guests on the air but challenged all of them (and embarrassed some of them).

Then Art's problems began.  The surprise retirement on October 13, 1998 and his triumphant return a couple weeks later signaled the beginning of the end.  Then on April 26, 2000, Art's estimated 22-million listeners received a "permanent" replacement host for the first time in the form of Mike Siegel.  A disaster with shoes, Siegel presided over a quickly sinking ship with a panicked network begging Art to come back.  Art agreed, and for about a year, we thought the worst was over.  But the worst was yet to come.

George Noory permanently replaced Art Bell as the host of Coast to Coast AM on January 1, 2003.  The world would never be the same.

I gave Noory a chance for about 2 years.  I'm serious.  I gave him a legitimate chance to grow on me and toward the end of that chance, I concluded I'm ignoring a number of things about this man in order to stay in touch with the genre.

First off, he doesn't seem genuine.  At all.  From his seemingly feigned "Aw, shucks!" demeanor to his apparent disinterest in the topics C2C covers, Noory seems to have been the worst possible choice.  He isn't remarkably intelligent or academic, as evidenced by his non-sequitur meanderings and left-field conclusions on a nightly basis.  The show is an embarrassment as one attempts to absorb a fascinating topic through a mine field of Noory's needless interruptions and childlike inquiries amid guests in whose academic company Noory can't even sneeze convincingly.

Noory's background is that of a news director.  That's right.  Coast to Coast AM is now hosted by a news director.  And it feels like it.  He speaks like a career news guy.  He has the personality of a career news guy.  Because of this bland, generic contribution by George, C2C is in my opinion just like every paranormal show out there;  boring as all hell and hosted by somebody with no personality who fearfully and diligently screens his calls.

"What about the ratings, Michael?" you might ask.  "The ratings are great." you say.  And you might be right.  I haven't denied this.  However, when listening to the crop of people who call this show regularly in 2008, it's clear to me why this is; George has built a new audience.  The callers today don't sound to me like the same demographic of people who called back in the 1990s when Art was in the big chair.  Today, the C2C audience sounds less educated, more left-wing, and are comprised of a greater number of new-age "wicca types" who blather on and on about natural healing methods.  Rather than talk about nuclear arms technology or the science behind the secrets of our universe, they prefer to talk about seeing 11:11 on their Chinese-made alarm clock and pontificating for five minutes over what that really could mean.  They incessantly go on and on about the year 2012, and they are incapable of believing anything other than what Alex Jones tells them.

So why does this site exist?  Obviously the afore mentioned grievances are a factor, but don't misunderstand.  This is not intended to be a George Noory "hater" site.  After all, as much as I love Art Bell's contribution to broadcasting, it was he who brought us this train wreck.  To fall into that trap would be rather limiting and would essentially render this project a waste of time.  Coastgab.com is intended as a meeting place for those who have enjoyed Coast to Coast AM over the years, regardless of which host they prefer.  If you like Noory, say it.  If he makes you want to murder your 5 small children in a Texas bathtub, say it.  Argue with one another.  Become friends.  Hate each other.  Love each other.  It's all in line with the purpose behind this site.  However, unlike other C2C fan boards (you know who they are), you won't be censored every time you let an air biscuit.

CoastGab.com is intended to be an enjoyable environment where members are given a loose leash.  Enjoy, and spread the word.  Let's turn this board into the authoritative fan board.  As you can see, it has a long way to go.

I thought to take those who never read this first post by MV on a memory trip how it all started.
I'm posting link in Art Bell thread to it since now it's called after Art Bell's name...BellGab

This site is long overdue.
« on: April 05, 2008, 04:14:46 PM »
http://bellgab.com/archive-of-old-threads/this-site-is-long-overdue/msg2/#msg2

Mutt

Quote from: Juan on July 03, 2017, 05:00:44 PM

It happened in December, 1994.  I think Art got the tapes in 1995.  Maybe that will help you narrow it down.  It was a great show.

Thank you. I do indeed think that was the show I was referring to. If anyone can locate it then please feel free to message me.

I don't know what Art's private life has to do with anything.