• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Q & A: What's worse than listening to George Noory?

Started by Sarcastic Plastic, April 08, 2016, 11:42:43 PM

Q: What's worse than listening to George Noory?

A: Listening to George Noory and open lines.

An idiot talking to idiots. I'd rather have a tooth pulled.

pate

Now wait a second!

Q:  AlQWHt is talking about sumtheen?

A:  Pull my tooth please!  (hAck you muersdur?)

That's a biscuit!

Little Hater

A: Where I live, listening to Red Eye Radio on the other talk station. Two idiots talking to each other.

Quote from: Little Hater on April 09, 2016, 06:54:13 AM

A: Where I live, listening to Red Eye Radio on the other talk station. Two idiots talking to each other.

Oh geez I HATE Red Eye Radio, it's one of those down-home corn pone talk shows for truckers. I'd rather have TWO teeth pulled.

Not that there's anything wrong with being a trucker. At least if you're a trucker then you're not George Noory.

zeebo

A:  Stopping by the gas station for a snack and realizing George just grabbed the last turkee sammich.

starrmtn001

Last night's Ga . . . .  Nope.  Ain't gonna go there. ;)

Dr. MD MD

I still say having all my pubic hair waxed off would be a more enjoyable experience than listening to Dave derp it up. Well, less painful anyway.  :o ;) :P

albrecht

Attending a "big event." Since you would not only have to listen to him but see him and also put up with his vocal-stylings and antics.

A: Listening to a car alarm at 3 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 08, 2016, 11:42:43 PM

A: Listening to George Noory and open lines.

An idiot talking to idiots. I'd rather have a tooth pulled.

A: don't listen. So simple it makes teeth itch but doable.

A: Being in the office the day he ran around with the flashlight making everyone look at his burnt uvula ("that little flapper thing in your throat")

You know, years on the radio makes one more articulate.

Zetaspeak

In the past months I have given up on open lines. It's just so bad and boring, there's literally no value to it what so ever. As bad as Noory the callers are somewhat worse.

It it's a guest on there's at least a chance the topic or guest could be interesting as long it's not anything about critical health news, political and the spiritual shows is starting to be a quick "turn off" topic.

Agree also with Red eye radio, it is worse than Noory. I tried looking around for an alternative to C2C, heard Red Eye for a few minutes and it was like a bad C2C political show, EVERY DAY and EVERY SEGMENT. Yikes.

I wish I could get some alternative C2C style shows over the radio but there doesn't seem to be any  :( I guess I could to Wade & Hoagland, but I don't want to bother turning on my tablet. I do miss not having Art on radio, which I fortunately had during his short return stint just to have an alternative if Noory had a crappy first half of a show.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 10, 2016, 08:38:29 AM

I wish I could get some alternative C2C style shows over the radio but there doesn't seem to be any  :( I guess I could to Wade & Hoagland, but I don't want to bother turning on my tablet. I do miss not having Art on radio, which I fortunately had during his short return stint just to have an alternative if Noory had a crappy first half of a show.

You can get Darkness Radio on Tunein or their website Monday to Friday, 9- midnight CST, I think. Someone else mentioned it before but Schrader is more polished on C2C, although his shows are still fun to listen to, including the true crime ones.

Robert

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 09, 2016, 08:50:33 AMOh geez I HATE Red Eye Radio, it's one of those down-home corn pone talk shows for truckers.
Of all the criticisms I might have of that show, I don't think that description fits at all.

whoozit

Listening to more George Noory when he has the Vet on.  He drops Marlon Perkins name so much I swear Mutual of Omaha pays him each time.

Quote from: Robert on April 10, 2016, 03:36:05 PM
Of all the criticisms I might have of that show, I don't think that description fits at all.

Well I tell you what Robert, I haven't listened to Red Eye Radio in quite some time, maybe my memory is inaccurate.

What I think I remember is two incredibly obnoxious men engaged in mindless manufactured banter HOUR after unbearable HOUR, with commercials for Freightliner Trucks and their applicable lubricants mercifully interspersed throughout.

How far off am I? I think I tried listening twice, maybe three times, then decided the better choice was to go back to Snorge or just turn the radio off.

Amendment: Just visited Wikipedia, I must have listened both before and after the 2005 format change. Either way it was positively wretched.

Robert

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on April 10, 2016, 06:46:05 PMWell I tell you what Robert, I haven't listened to Red Eye Radio in quite some time, maybe my memory is inaccurate.

What I think I remember is two incredibly obnoxious men engaged in mindless manufactured banter HOUR after unbearable HOUR, with commercials for Freightliner Trucks and their applicable lubricants mercifully interspersed throughout.

How far off am I?
You may not be off as concerns that, but that's not what I'd consider corn-pone.  The Red Eye sounds pretty much like a lot of daytime shows on the same topics.  They do have the sponsorship you wrote of, but the presence of that in place of the traffic & weather reports one would get in a morning show is about all that distinguishes it from them.

Quote from: Robert on April 10, 2016, 11:55:22 PM
You may not be off as concerns that, but that's not what I'd consider corn-pone.  The Red Eye sounds pretty much like a lot of daytime shows on the same topics.  They do have the sponsorship you wrote of, but the presence of that in place of the traffic & weather reports one would get in a morning show is about all that distinguishes it from them.

Corn pone (sometimes spelled cornpone) is an adjective meaning anyone or anything lacking sophistication. I heard nothing sophisticated during the broadcasts but if you found something sophisticated that is absolutely fine with me.