• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Glynnis Mccants (the numbers lady... really?)

Started by MentallyImpairedPandaGN, June 20, 2009, 12:44:07 AM

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on January 16, 2011, 06:06:04 PM
Prolly Noory is not emotionally available due to being in love with the number 11.

Anagrammy

I just read this older quip of yours for the first time Anagrammy- you're too funny!

Roger

Quote from: imperial252 on January 14, 2011, 09:34:56 AM
I tried listening on my way to work this morning. After about five minutes I turned the channel and got to thinking...WHO IN THE HELL EVEN LISTENS TO THIS SHOW ANYMORE! THE GUESTS SUCK AND NOORY IS STUPID! I need to find away to play some old Art Bell shows on my hour long ride to work.

Dannyd has this machine that can get all those old shows
automatically and without the ads. He showed me once.

Course, he's an alien. Maybe that's it.

WOTR

Quote from: anagrammy on January 16, 2011, 06:06:04 PM
Prolly Noory is not emotionally available due to being in love with the number 11.
Anagrammy
Just thought I might pull up this topic in preparation for tomorrows show.  C2C's website is advertising "In the second hour, numerologist Glynis McCants addresses the significance of the date 11/11/11."

Being a Friday, I wonder if the significance is that it means George should book out 1+1+1+1+1+1= 6(0) minutes early?

Digitech

She's probably the most nonsensical guest the show has had. I've never listened to more than a few minutes of it either.

astroguy

She is one of those rare people who can say so little with so many words.  When she was on at the beginning of 2010 for a half hour doing predictions, every single thing she said was so vacuous or vague that it was impossible to actually score them later on.  Things like, "This is the year for families coming together and getting away from materialism."

Another thing is her perkiness.  She is way too perky for midnight.  I feel like I could get diabetes from listening to her.

Oversoul

This Numbers Lady on the show tonight just grates on the ear and the mind.    >:(

Numbers Lady - Glynis McCants

Why is she such a frequent guest on the show?  It was amazing how she sucked up to Wells and Noory by declaring that their shared number "seven" was perfect for the show.  Can you believe what an ass-licking line that was from her!

Well, if she is the Numbers Lady, then I am the Alphabet Man who says the letters in her name reads "fraud and quack."

Oversoul

Quote from: ZombiePoppa on April 22, 2012, 06:41:23 AM
The numbers lady is absolutely awful. I tend to suffer through the shows no matter how horrid they are or how bat shit crazy the guest is because I'm at work, stuck in a car with nothing better to do; but I cannot stand this fraud. Complete and absolute bullshit. And with the lame-ass callers... Crap radio, man.

:D     ;D     :D     ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D

ZombiePoppa

The butt-kissing from her was turned up to 11. She kept comparing him to Noory, they're both just so intuitive. Ha, my ass. She's a total fraud and yes, you get 4 quacks from me.

One guy called in and she's all "You're a communicator, that's your number. You need to express yourself or you're not happy." Yes, that's fairly common for all humans. Spot on.

Then the caller goes on to say, well, he does love music. Numbers lady chimes in with something along the lines of "Yes, yes, and when you're feeling depressed and you hear a song that lifts your spirits... that's because you're a number so-and-so!". Absolute rubbish.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: ZombiePoppa on April 22, 2012, 06:49:25 AM
One guy called in and she's all "You're a communicator, that's your number. You need to express yourself or you're not happy." Yes, that's fairly common for all humans. Spot on.
Yeah, and as evidenced by his/her calling a radio show!!   God, what insight!!

Her whole schtick --numerology based on birth dates-- is so full of holes, not least of which is the existence of different calendars in the world, which give the same person a different birthdate depending on where on the globe he is born, or even where he is standing at the moment, and thus-- according to her -- give that same person theoretically totally different "fortunes," depending on changes in, essentially, nothing.
Does she even understand that?    Maybe.    She's banking (literally) that the listeners don't have a clue.

Frys Girl

Glynnis is insane. The numbers lady is weird. The whole bit she does is odd. It sounds rushed and it's a way to make the callers say "oooohhhhhh right got it thanks." I want to hear one caller say "WTF? say what? come again?" I guess she's gotta earn a living and put food on the table......

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 22, 2012, 08:06:38 PM
Glynnis is insane. The numbers lady is weird. The whole bit she does is odd. It sounds rushed and it's a way to make the callers say "oooohhhhhh right got it thanks." I want to hear one caller say "WTF? say what? come again?" I guess she's gotta earn a living and put food on the table......

Many of these people have become very wealthy.  Why can't I start rambling about some crazy shit and have people give me money for it? 

Me, in front of a future audience: "Now, I know there is someone here with a relative who has passed... let me see, her name starts with an "M"... "you, ma'am..." (me, pointing randomly into the crowd)  "you've had an aunt who passed, her name was Mmmmmmmmm..."   

"Mary!!!" screamed a female audience member. 

"That's what I meant..." I said slyly.

astroguy

Quote from: M. Knight on April 22, 2012, 09:03:59 PM

Many of these people have become very wealthy.  Why can't I start rambling about some crazy shit and have people give me money for it? 

Me, in front of a future audience: "Now, I know there is someone here with a relative who has passed... let me see, her name starts with an "M"... "you, ma'am..." (me, pointing randomly into the crowd)  "you've had an aunt who passed, her name was Mmmmmmmmm..."   

That is practically every "psychic/astrologer/numerologist/medium/clairvoyant/bullshitartist/whatever."  I loved when Family Guy did an episode on this.

Oversoul

Her numbers are... UP HERS by now.   ;D

Frys Girl

Quote from: M. Knight on April 22, 2012, 09:03:59 PM

I suspect that you have too much education, dignity, and self-respect to stoop to this level. My dad always said this: You can always find a way to make money. Make sure you do it with self-respect. I think he said this after we saw a circus commercial and a commercial with some washed-up actor playing a red neck.

Glynnis is either dumb or desperate. Whenever she talks about her "hubby," I get sick. Also: turn down her damn audio! Why does she have to be so loud?!

DAE

What's the deal with not finding new experts these days?  Like do they have to stick to only published authors?  Good grief... there are profoundly more experts in numerology than this lady who remains sort of a rookie level.  I miss when Art would find those backyard/garage researchers, which is often where true genius resides.  Man oh man I hate Coast to Coast AM so much now, yet there was a time I wouldn't miss a single show at all, even if I had to replay it the next day. Dammit I am frustrated.

EvB

Quote from: DAE on June 22, 2012, 10:37:28 PM
What's the deal with not finding new experts these days?  Like do they have to stick to only published authors?  Good grief... there are profoundly more experts in numerology than this lady who remains sort of a rookie level.  I miss when Art would find those backyard/garage researchers, which is often where true genius resides.  Man oh man I hate Coast to Coast AM so much now, yet there was a time I wouldn't miss a single show at all, even if I had to replay it the next day. Dammit I am frustrated.

I think it's pretty simple.  C2C is passe; even the kitsch factor is a total joke now.  No one who has any concern for their credibility will go near them.  A few years ago, when Art was still on once in a while,  I was doing PR for someone who works with sound for brainwave synchronization and sells effective and affordable software anyone can use.  I thought they should do c2c, and that I had a good chance at pitching them as a guest. They almost had a stroke when I presented the idea. They were sure that any whiff of what c2c had become would be the death knell for their company. It turned out that a lot of people who have expertise in fields that could fit the c2c format feel the same.

Add the fact that Good 'ol George has a very limited repertoire of stock responses, and the other hosts have limited time - much less authority to choose their own guests than they once did - and no matter how good they may be still suffer under the shadow of Snoory - and I think it's fair to say the question is 'why can't they GET a wider variety of guest?'  Ans: C2C is reputation poison.

If it were something brief at a more normal hour, more would be willing I'm sure.  Few are willing to pimp themselves out in a low rent zone for an hour or more in the middle of the night.

Besides - Snoory already has laminated 3x5 cards prepared for the same old song and dance he does night after night. 

John Smith

Geez!!! She was on JBW last night, talk about a guest who talks a lot and says nothing. What fricken gibberish.

Morgus

The Numbers Lady is on again this week, she appears as one of several guests on Tuesday night on c2c with Noory's election night spectacular. :P

ChandlersDad

I got her number (haw, haw) when I first heard her. She reminds me of an old I LOVE LUCY episode when Lucy and Ethel get into numerology and then later fake a seance for Ricky's insane boss. Those were the good old days. (No, I am not that old, but I like TVLAND and old TV).

John Smith

Of-course she blathered enough to have covered a scenario for both Obama and Romney victories. Bottom-line? It's cold reading using numbers. That's what she does, that and a lot of blather :D

Quote from: John Smith on November 04, 2012, 05:52:46 PM
Of-course she blathered enough to have covered a scenario for both Obama and Romney victories. Bottom-line? It's cold reading using numbers. That's what she does, that and a lot of blather :D

As I've said in another post, she basically sold us a tossup--which the polls are predicting anyway.

ItsOver

Quote from: John Smith on November 04, 2012, 05:52:46 PM

I guess we'll have to wait until Tuesday night so we can hear Noory add his in depth analysis of "there's sumptin go'n on, Glynis!"  ::)

When she describes the character traits of people with certain numbers, I often find it to be fairly accurate. As far predicting the future -- not so much.

I'm not sure numerology would fall under cold reading, however.

ItsOver

If C2C wanted to make things at least a little more interesting, they should have both The Numbers Nut and Lame Dames on the same show.  A head-to-head contest on who's the worst on reading things.  The Numbers Nut could do Dames' numbers and Dames could RV The NN.  Hoagland could call in to claim he see's both of them on Mars.

Remember his progeny, Aaron C. Donahue? Heard him on a classic program not too long ago. I think he bilked some people (possibly family) out of a large sum of money and changed his name to Aaron C. Hanson.

John Smith

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 04, 2012, 06:23:08 PM
When she describes the character traits of people with certain numbers, I often find it to be fairly accurate. As far predicting the future -- not so much.

I'm not sure numerology would fall under cold reading, however.

A poor analogy perhaps. When she talks, it sounds made-up like that of a cold reader.

Quote from: John Smith on November 04, 2012, 09:11:30 PM
A poor analogy perhaps. When she talks, it sounds made-up like that of a cold reader.

I don't think she's ever claimed to have any powers of prediction, but she does attempt to use her numerology to predict future scenarioes. That's where it completely jumps the shark for me. I'll read a horoscope every once and a while, but I won't base my life decisions upon it. Ands that's about about as much influence as I'll grant anything Glynis has to say.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: ItsOver on November 04, 2012, 06:41:24 PM
If C2C wanted to make things at least a little more interesting, they should have both The Numbers Nut and Lame Dames on the same show.  A head-to-head contest on who's the worst on reading things.  The Numbers Nut could do Dames' numbers and Dames could RV The NN.  Hoagland could call in to claim he see's both of them on Mars.

I put numerology on the same pedestal of idiocy as the ancient art of reading bumps on the head.

ItsOver

Numerology makes astrology look respectable.