• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

I stumbled onto an article about this supposedly fireproof material called Starlite. Any chance you could dig up a lead on this, or possibly do an interview with the inventor's family who are now discussing marketing this stuff.
http://itotd.com/articles/653/starlite/
Don't know if there's anything there but my first thought was that this would make an awesome show.

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 16, 2013, 08:49:51 AM
Maybe they'll ask Bateman to replace JBW.

Bateman on Saturdays, Knapp on Sundays, to hell with the rest of the week.

Seconded. GNoory, get right on this!

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 16, 2013, 05:11:57 PM

I wanna' join this club!   ;D

wr250

maybe get more time for longer interviews ? and of course allow callers to query the guest?

bateman

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 15, 2013, 08:55:54 AM
Good chat with Davenport, but obviously he's had lots of practice. Did he mention a link to the interviews with the Staten island ferry UFO witnesses, if he did I missed it.
Here we go: http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/000/S00835.html

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 16, 2013, 12:29:10 PM
I stumbled onto an article about this supposedly fireproof material called Starlite. Any chance you could dig up a lead on this, or possibly do an interview with the inventor's family who are now discussing marketing this stuff.
Don't know if there's anything there but my first thought was that this would make an awesome show.
Interesting, I'll look into it.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 16, 2013, 05:11:57 PM
Quote from: Treading Water on December 16, 2013, 05:42:17 PM

I wanna' join this club!   ;D
Heh, send some emails.  ;)

Spinner

I just finished my second listening of the Davenport interview. Now I'm ready for more Dark Weekend.
Who will be on next?

bateman

Quote from: Spinner on December 17, 2013, 01:14:37 AM
I just finished my second listening of the Davenport interview. Now I'm ready for more Dark Weekend.
Who will be on next?

Huge guests coming. Bill Birnes is first up this weekend.

ZHero

Quote from: bateman on December 17, 2013, 11:19:57 AM
Very cool!

bateman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 16, 2013, 12:29:10 PM

Wow.

http://youtu.be/KP62WMvrNhg

Quote from: bateman on December 17, 2013, 11:40:12 AM
Wow.

Great find. Maurace Ward is now dead, but from what I've heard his daughters are still interested in getting a product out there. Maybe they could be interviewed, or someone associated with the testing of the material.

tertiaryimam

Great show Bateman.

About Starlite --- I read up on it recently because a Cracked.com article talkes about it:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20735_6-substances-that-wipe-their-ass-with-laws-physics.html

There's some other scary shit they have, too. In that article.

For fire resistant materials there's also this stuff called firepaste, which sounds like it shares many similar properties as Starlite. Article is here: http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=63
The guy who designed the anti-bear suit also discovered firepaste, he is still alive and could probably be reached for an interview. He would also make a good guest, and if the conversation turned away from fire resistance, then get him on what it's like to face down a grizzly and survive.

BobGrau

Mr Bateman, please get Lionel Fanthorpe on yer show and allow him to demonstrate his full abilities on air so that BellGab readers might stop associating him with the snooron.

On a similar note, I'd love to hear you interviewing Ian Punnett.

cweb

Bateman, I first listened to Dark Weekend when you interviewed Richard C. Hoagland. You did a great job of challenging him but still allowing him a little room to do his thing. I immediately went back and started listening to the other Dark Weekend shows.

Looking forward to this weekend's!

Quote from: BobGrau on December 18, 2013, 10:06:56 PM

On a similar note, I'd love to hear you interviewing Ian Punnett.

That would be really interesting, especially since the only other hosts who have done it "part-time" (Wells, Knapp) weren't with Coast as long through different "main" hosts.

Spinner

Awesome!
Did you ask him what happened with Jorch?  ;D

OK great weekend is here. Not to much longer to wait for a new show!!!

Plus I heard this show is going to be 2 hours!!! which is GREAT.

ziznak

somehow I knew this already

Quote from: ziznak on December 20, 2013, 04:06:06 PM
somehow I knew this already

Yeah i think the show is really developing well.

bateman

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 20, 2013, 06:44:28 PM
Yeah i think the show is really developing well.
Haha, I think he was referring to this, but I appreciate the vote of confidence.

bateman

Program note for tonight: Rerun of Peter Davenport or something else. The program that was supposed to air tonight didn't happen this afternoon. HOWEVER, 2 new shows are coming this week.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on December 21, 2013, 04:21:55 PM
Program note for tonight: Rerun of Peter Davenport or something else. The program that was supposed to air tonight didn't happen this afternoon. HOWEVER, 2 new shows are coming this week.

He's winding down ......

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on December 21, 2013, 04:30:04 PM
He's winding down ......

You son of a bitch. I'm gonna try to get a new one out late tonight or tomorrow, just likely not before 10PM airtime.

Falkie2013

Quote from: bateman on December 21, 2013, 05:37:29 PM
You son of a bitch. I'm gonna try to get a new one out late tonight or tomorrow, just likely not before 10PM airtime.

" I am Jazmunda, destroyer of shows. "

ziznak

Quote from: bateman on December 21, 2013, 05:37:29 PM
whats next bateman, back problems? have you been biten by a spider recently? pics please!
:P

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on December 22, 2013, 04:39:45 PM
whats next bateman, back problems? have you been biten by a spider recently? pics please!
:P

It's either emergency dental treatment or some sort of darkly unspecified serious illness... it usually is, with these shadow hosts.

wr250

directed weapons attack to keep him from his show. just like alex jones brietbart etc

/*edit*/
or maybe Norry sent him his "robert the haunted doll"

ziznak

I know right.... Six shows in and already a rain check.... I'll get the Bateman quits dark weekend thread started now.

jazmunda

Quote from: ziznak on December 22, 2013, 07:47:17 PM
I know right.... Six shows in and already a rain check.... I'll get the Bateman quits dark weekend thread started now.

Did he quit? I heard he was fired.

Quote from: jazmunda on December 22, 2013, 08:05:40 PM
Did he quit? I heard he was fired.

I think he met and married a lady from Iceland, moved there, and may do the show from there if he can get everything worked out.  I look forward to hearing him again from wherever he may broadcast.  Those were the days, sitting around the camp fire listening to Bateman.  They always seem to flame out so quickly.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 21, 2013, 09:36:16 PM
" I am Jazmunda, destroyer of shows. "

Does anyone else think that Jazmunda is really David John Oates?

It does explain a lot of his behavior while he was destroying Art's Dark Matter broadcasts.
Plus they both sound like Donald Duck talking in reverse speech.