• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

Quote from: steelbot on January 21, 2014, 04:29:15 PM
Nope, by magic after reformatting the partition windows can replicate the data from thin air.....errr...wait was this a serious question?  if so I, err...well...yeah..

;D ;D  Good one!   ;D ;D

wr250

Quote from: Treading Water on January 21, 2014, 04:22:14 PM
Oh where, oh where are the Spec Sheet Studs??

When's the next episode??    I need to know if I can just install windows7 on my xp machine without losing all the company data....
I'm supposed to do it tomorrow.  I don't need to back anything up, do I??      :-*

win7 should be able to install alongside xp. you will need to defrag xp 1st, then set up some partitions (can be done in the win7 installer).or upgrade to vista then to 7. backups should be in place before any of these operations are performed.

MV/Liberace!

i'm going to make sure we get a show in this week.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 21, 2014, 04:42:25 PM

Great news!

Do you know why my brand new HP printer won't print on fucking photo paper and thinks that the paper tray is empty.

Not an isolated incident either - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Officejet-Pro-8600-N911a-will-not-feed-photo-paper/td-p/1181879

bateman

Can someone explain why, when I type "scat" into my Google, I get results about messy gastrointestinal issues instead of jazz? I'm confused.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on January 21, 2014, 04:50:25 PM
Great news!

Do you know why my brand new HP printer won't print on fucking photo paper and thinks that the paper tray is empty.

Not an isolated incident either - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Officejet-Pro-8600-N911a-will-not-feed-photo-paper/td-p/1181879

because its an hp printer.

jazmunda

Quote from: wr250 on January 21, 2014, 05:02:55 PM
because its an hp printer.

I have had many HP printers and they have all served me well. This one may as well have raped my childhood pet and made me watch for all the tear your hair out frustration it has caused me.

Quote from: bateman on January 21, 2014, 04:56:11 PM

Can someone explain why, when I type "scat" into my Google, I get results about messy gastrointestinal issues instead of jazz? I'm confused.

Damn.  I thought that injunction I got made them destroy all those pictures of me.... :P
Now, how do you spell Gotz...Goatz...Goots...Goatse...Goatze...Gordon...?

bateman

Quote from: Treading Water on January 21, 2014, 05:36:42 PM
Damn.  I thought that injunction I got made them destroy all those pictures of me.... :P
Now, how do you spell Gotz...Goatz...Goots...Goatse...Goatze...Gordon...?

PRAY FOR GOATSY

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on January 21, 2014, 05:43:54 PM
PRAY FOR GOATSY

I never wanted to ask but was Goatsy actually the name of Sauccy Rossy's cat or was the whole pray for Goatsy just an elaborate plan to get George (or the Coast audience) to look up the word Goatsy or actually pray for goatsy (the real goatsy not the cat goatsy)?

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on January 21, 2014, 05:48:39 PM
I never wanted to ask but was Goatsy actually the name of Sauccy Rossy's cat or was the whole pray for Goatsy just an elaborate plan to get George (or the Coast audience) to look up the word Goatsy or actually pray for goatsy (the real goatsy not the cat goatsy)?

Heh. The latter.

bateman

Quote from: Gnoory on August 16, 2013, 10:42:35 PM
Now iA gotta tell you--Im told Goatsy is an internet slang for a guy who bends over and does bizarre things...you were pulling this ol guy's chain..werent you? Come clean Ross

aldousburbank

I'm going to make sure pigs can fly the week following.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 21, 2014, 08:01:21 PM
I'm going to make sure pigs can fly the week following.

I thought you were a vegetarian.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 21, 2014, 09:15:06 PM
And kosher.  :o

Must suck not being able to eat tofacon on the sabbath.

Tarbaby

MV: I'm listening to a SpecSheet podcast from (I think) last July or so. In it was a caller named FRYS GIRL. She won me over, I think she's charming and lovable. But you seemed unaffected and rather distant although you were interested in where she'd been for the past two years. She gave an anti-Apple rant. And discussed some other issues. I think she hasn't logged in since May 2013.

You and Curtis also mentioned "FireFub". Have there been any developments on it? It sounded like you might just die from hysterical laughter.

Most of this podcast was serious (and dry) but FRYS GIRL's call broke my trance and your humerous outbursts had me laughing hard. Both you and Curtis > very knowledgeable. I agree with you when you said it would be interesting to have a call-in about an actual tech problem. You gave FRYS GIRL good advice IMO.

Juan

jazmunda

Status update?

GabCast and FretFiles are carrying this network.

Time for a coup!

Tarbaby

Now I'm on to MVDRT20130709.mp3 which I guess is "Trainwreck" podcast? It's great. I don't understand yet who Evelyn is or why she is not credited. (I like Evelyn). Was she a co-host? Eventually I'll get all these names and players sorted out I suppose. Or are all these old shows and players passé? Mike aka Zoo was on the show and I'm not sure who he is.

MV's outburst done in a southern gentleman drawl was genius. "Jasper!"

This show was back in the George Zimmerman era; good points made there all around.

Juan

Evelyn is EvB, who sometimes posts here.

Tarbaby

Thanks, Juan, so she was a co-host? But no longer? Does anyone know the history of how she knows MV, how she got to be co-host? She's very smart, very educated, very degreed. Plus I think she's from a totally different part of the country than MV so I was curious what their connection/history might be.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: jazmunda on January 21, 2014, 04:50:25 PM
Great news!

I suspect the sensor that detects paper in tray at fault. If optical, it may need a cleaning w/rubbing alcohol or reducing the light getting in to the paper tray where the shiny paper is. Please post your result feeding printer w/black paper.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: bateman on January 21, 2014, 04:56:11 PM

I guess you never camped at a campsite that had bears. Park Rangers call it scat and breeds flies like you wouldn't believe.

I figured out the solution to bears slamming lid of trash dumpster down in middle of night though. Basically bear tried in morning again while I was trying to open eyes w/1'st cup of coffee. Bears can't throw rocks. And all around my campsite was baseball size rocks. So I gathered an arm full, walked halfway between my picnic table and bear at trash bin (~50 ft away), and hurled the 1'st one like Major League fastball as accurately as I could to hit the bear. I thought bears were rather slow lumbering creatures. Not true at all. That bear moved so fast to avoid my first pitch and ran in the opposite direction straight up a 60* from horizontal embankment I almost couldn't believe it. Later that day, I ran into Park Ranger and told story of what I did just to make sure I didn't violate any rules. Ranger just laughed, mentioned how to prevent middle-of-night lid bangings already designed into bin left unlocked by other campers, mentioned how dumb bears are so not able to figure out simple manual lock, bear had been given name of Sampson, and bear didn't come anywhere near for quite a few more days hence. If you think this kind of stuff can be made up, please think again.

bluth co.

Quote from: Tarbaby on January 25, 2014, 07:51:40 AM
Mike aka Zoo was on the show and I'm not sure who he is.

I loved that show, this place needs more Zoo

jazmunda

Quote from: Tarbaby on January 26, 2014, 11:44:15 AM
Thanks, Juan, so she was a co-host? But no longer? Does anyone know the history of how she knows MV, how she got to be co-host? She's very smart, very educated, very degreed. Plus I think she's from a totally different part of the country than MV so I was curious what their connection/history might be.

She's MV's foster-mum from when MV was a teenage runaway/hooker. She got him off the streets and cleaned him up and got him back on the right path with god. They reunited after 15 years apart to create MVRTW. After all that he fired her for some on-air remarks she made but now claims she is just winding down. She has been offered her own show on the Keith Rowland Dark Matter Network but MV had taken out a court ordered injunction preventing her from broadcasting.

Everything I just posted was a lie or was it?

jazmunda

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 26, 2014, 12:08:41 PM
I suspect the sensor that detects paper in tray at fault. If optical, it may need a cleaning w/rubbing alcohol or reducing the light getting in to the paper tray where the shiny paper is. Please post your result feeding printer w/black paper.

This shouldn't happen to a new printer out of the box.

Anyway my solution came from an online source. I was instructed to photocopy a blank white page 100 times with normal paper. Then I tried to print a photo on photo paper and it works flawlessly every time now. Go figure.

jazmunda

Quote from: bluth co. on January 26, 2014, 01:33:54 PM
I loved that show, this place needs more Zoo

Zoo is great as is Tim. MV and Tim work well together.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on January 26, 2014, 03:22:47 PM
She's MV's foster-mum from when MV was a teenage runaway/hooker. She got him off the streets and cleaned him up and got him back on the right path with god. They reunited after 15 years apart to create MVRTW. After all that he fired her for some on-air remarks she made but now claims she is just winding down. She has been offered her own show on the Keith Rowland Dark Matter Network but MV had taken out a court ordered injunction preventing her from broadcasting.

Everything I just posted was a lie or was it?
Lies, all lies. MV originally slipped her a micky to steal her away from the Mick backstage at a Stones concert in Toronto in the 90's. Had it not been for the Ev's intrepid nature she might have never escaped the dungeon MV timeshared with the Steven Seagal. At least that's her story.