• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

albrecht

Well, I was in the mood for random, nuts radio so listened to more than I wanted to hear about Bigfootin' and Sasquatchin' with Connie and sleeping in trucks with dogs, orbs, complaints about snow/cold, and "hot spots," that will she not identify.  And lots of laughter from all parties. Also I was not aware of a political controversy with regard to term Big Foot vs Sasquatch vs Skunkape vs Boogerman, etc and, of course, the Dogman vs Bigfeet issues. Does she really believe this stuff? Are people actually making a living off this stuff?

ItsOver

I just can't take Willis, with all the goofy giggling and idiocy, so I didn't listen to the show.  A Bigfoot scaling up a mountainside at the speed of light? ::) There's stupid and REALLY stupid.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 21, 2019, 06:31:46 PM
I just can't take Willis, with all the goofy giggling and idiocy, so I didn't listen to the show.  A Bigfoot scaling up a mountainside at the speed of light? ::) There's stupid and REALLY stupid.

Relax.  All is well.  TR took the bastard out when it neared the summit.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 21, 2019, 06:34:10 PM
Relax.  All is well.  TR took the bastard out when it neared the summit.

Ha. I have to admit I like Buggs and Rob Riggs when old Art or Rense had Bigfeeters on but this was ridiculous. I like campfire tales etc but this was something else. And, yet, oddly, strangely, compelling because so crazy with the giggles and laughter and claims.  And just assertions of fact. "Hot spots" "big man running up mountain without moving his head or looking prior to grabbing trees." And how the people had all these terms for "structures" they find that Bigfeet built.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on May 21, 2019, 06:11:03 PM
Well, I was in the mood for random, nuts radio so listened to more than I wanted to hear about Bigfootin' and Sasquatchin' with Connie and sleeping in trucks with dogs, orbs, complaints about snow/cold, and "hot spots," that will she not identify.  And lots of laughter from all parties. Also I was not aware of a political controversy with regard to term Big Foot vs Sasquatch vs Skunkape vs Boogerman, etc and, of course, the Dogman vs Bigfeet issues. Does she really believe this stuff? Are people actually making a living off this stuff?

Yes, yes

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: ItsOver on May 21, 2019, 06:31:46 PM

I'm guessing that you're a non-believer ?

Robert

Quote from: ItsOver on May 21, 2019, 06:31:46 PMA Bigfoot scaling up a mountainside at the speed of light?
Consistent with John Keel's idea that they're interdimensional entities.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 21, 2019, 08:27:32 PM
Yes, yes
This weekend's show about the "Pancake House" Bigfeet was so ridiculous. Connie went on several rants about non-believers and gushed about "habituation situations" and advised people not to tell other people about it. Apparently this was where you get a "relationship" with Bigfeet. She also made some odd comment comparing "habituation situations" with "relationships" between men and women and, "sometimes you get disappointed," presumably these Bigfeet/People "relationships" are utilitarian or platonic and not physical (but she said "I know anything goes these days") but continued to rant  "it is all about relationships," not scientific proof, or convincing others to believe, etc.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on July 01, 2019, 12:10:40 PM
This weekend's show about the "Pancake House" Bigfeet was so ridiculous. Connie went on several rants about non-believers and gushed about "habituation situations" and advised people not to tell other people about it. Apparently this was where you get a "relationship" with Bigfeet. She also made some odd comment comparing "habituation situations" with "relationships" between men and women and, "sometimes you get disappointed," presumably these Bigfeet/People "relationships" are utilitarian or platonic and not physical (but she said "I know anything goes these days") but continued to rant  "it is all about relationships," not scientific proof, or convincing others to believe, etc.
[/b]

That reminds me of that goofy "documentary" film maker Corbell who did the Lazar movie.  When Knapp had he and the meal ticket on back late last year to talk about the film, Corbell actually said he didn't care about the things ol'Bob had lied about, "it's his story that's important."

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 01, 2019, 12:36:29 PM

That reminds me of that goofy "documentary" film maker Corbell who did the Lazar movie.  When Knapp had he and the meal ticket on back late last year to talk about the film, Corbell actually said he didn't care about the things ol'Bob had lied about, "it's his story that's important."

"That's true!," as Norry might say if you are just wanting to read/hear a nice tale or be entertained but they come across, or purport to be, as trying to be scientific, "researchers," documentarians, etc, not fiction authors.   

Quote from: albrecht on July 01, 2019, 12:10:40 PM
Connie went on several rants about non-believers and gushed about "habituation situations" and advised people not to tell other people about it. Apparently this was where you get a "relationship" with Bigfeet. She also made some odd comment comparing "habituation situations" with "relationships" between men and women and, "sometimes you get disappointed," presumably these Bigfeet/People "relationships" are utilitarian or platonic and not physical (but she said "I know anything goes these days")

What?  Was she high on dope? 

Oh.  Yeah.  That's right.................................

albrecht

Connie Willis did good last night. A fun show because the guests/subjects were good and they did most of the talking. I don't think she smoked up before the show so maybe that was it? Or just interested in the guests? Hollow Earth never gets old and the psychiatrist had some interesting insights, too bad not enough time to questions in on his book about trying to find a spy/leak in Russia during the Cold War.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on July 28, 2019, 05:16:11 PM
Connie Willis did good last night. A fun show because the guests/subjects were good and they did most of the talking. I don't think she smoked up before the show so maybe that was it? Or just interested in the guests? Hollow Earth never gets old and the psychiatrist had some interesting insights, too bad not enough time to questions in on his book about trying to find a spy/leak in Russia during the Cold War.

Hollow Earth guy was a supremely confident nut.  My favorite claim was the Germans taking 50000 Uboats to the Antarctic at end of WWII.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 28, 2019, 05:51:09 PM
Hollow Earth guy was a supremely confident nut.  My favorite claim was the Germans taking 50000 Uboats to the Antarctic at end of WWII.

Ikr?! It was more like 5000. ::) ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 28, 2019, 05:51:09 PM
Those can be the best guests. Totally committed and talk like "no big revelation and everyone should know this stuff that is blatantly obvious" versus the ranters (though I sometimes like them.) There is a place for everything.

scottydawg

So as I like to say, she's Nuttier than Aunt Nellie's Fruitcake! :P :o

albrecht

Connie's interview with Uri Geller was not as bad as normal. She even disagreed with him on global warming and some issues. But most of it was his usual woo, secret agency talk, and stuff about his island and upcoming museum. The open line callers were some funny nutjobs, so that was refreshing from the same old callers that Norry always takes.  She is promising some show where she goes camping to get into relationships and mind-speak with Bigfeet and also apparently wants C2C to send her to Geller's island in Scotland which is a "UFO hotspot" but also contains links to King Arthur and buried Egyptian relics and treasure (because Scotland was named/founded by Egyptians.)  ::)   

expat

Remote viewing tonight. *snore...

Corona Kitty

It's quite astonishing that this woman is still hosting coast.

ItsOver

Quote from: username on September 01, 2019, 04:43:16 AM
It's quite astonishing that this woman is still hosting coast.
IKR?  Especially, considering the quality of the main host.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on September 01, 2019, 05:20:43 AM
IKR?  Especially, considering the quality of the main host.

Corporate loves Noory, I can understand why he can't be changed.

ItsOver

Quote from: username on September 01, 2019, 05:38:02 AM
Corporate loves Noory, I can understand why he can't be changed.
Why should PremRat be any more competent with Connie Witless.  Or Yimmy Church, Lee Cigar, etc.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on September 01, 2019, 05:52:02 AM
Why should PremRat be any more competent with Connie Witless.  Or Yimmy Church, Lee Cigar, etc.

Understood, I figured she might know where the bodies are buried. Many of those show hosts you listed are definitely feces.

ItsOver

Quote from: username on September 01, 2019, 05:56:28 AM
Understood, I figured she might know where the bodies are buried. Many of those show hosts you listed are definitely feces.
I'll have to admit, airhead Connie is the worst.  Yes, even worse than Noory.  At least Jorch  is good for a few laughs with his malaprops and idiocy.  I find Willis annoying with her vapid chuckling, cluelessness, and Bigfoot fantasies. 

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on September 01, 2019, 06:52:13 AM
I'll have to admit, airhead Connie is the worst.  Yes, even worse than Noory.  At least Jorch  is good for a few laughs with his malaprops and idiocy.  I find Willis annoying with her vapid chuckling, cluelessness, and Bigfoot fantasies.

Jorch can provide some laughter at times, that goes a long way in my book too. Connie is definitely lower talent, I don't find anything wrong with laughter as long as the voice isn't made for print.

I find her completely idiotic like many other show hosts around here and else where. Just being real.

albrecht

Quote from: username on September 01, 2019, 06:56:08 AM
Jorch can provide some laughter at times, that goes a long way in my book too. Connie is definitely lower talent, I don't find anything wrong with laughter as long as the voice isn't made for print.

I find her completely idiotic like many other show hosts around here and else where. Just being real.

Wow. A bit sunburnt n tired but listening on way back...I'll give Connie her due. Taking callers about ((())) and other thoeries. Guest, who seemed a newagey guy but more sane, even mentioning that he agrees (on a few things) with Evola? Wtf? Might have misheard a bit. But still a guest who had some knowledge. (Not saying I agree but funny he was mentioned!) And callers into elaborate, wild theories, that, places like Canada, could be sanctioned?

expat

"Hi, I'm Connie WillIs, welcome to Coast to Coast AM. Open lines later. **<<COMMERCIAL BREAK>>**

They aren't even trying...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on September 01, 2019, 06:56:08 AM

She couldn’t be more idiotic than you, mykey. Just being real.

albrecht

From what I can gather Connie has some kind of online business in which you pay for her to go camping and "document" the trip- in hopes of seeing UFOs, Bigfeet, etc. And, apparently, you get to direct her actions by donating. So sort of a 'cam girl' but for Bigfootin' and UFOin', I guess? Interesting concept. I wonder how much she pulls in from folks who want to go Big Footin' but are out of shape to really go hiking or live in areas where there aren't Bigfeet?

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on September 14, 2019, 03:49:06 PM
From what I can gather Connie has some kind of online business in which you pay for her to go camping and "document" the trip..
Ha!  Say what?