• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 13, 2018, 11:04:30 PM
Sacramento  is probably worse now than the Bay Area was when you left, yet you're still there.
I don't know details except from claims and bizzare posts, but it would seem, at least to a casual reader, that there is theme of fleeing, not liking places they live, not standing up and trying to improve things, and criticism of places to which they flee and moving on. At the same time trying to gain some benefits, or some pensions. I even recall questions about 'caravans.?' Are we actually talking gypies, travelers? Should I worry that once pension vests that YP will be "happen to have done neighbor's roof and have left over material etc? Or some fortunes told?" "I just fixed your neighbor's, and have this left over, I can reseal that drive-way, a real deal..."
Kidding YP. I know a Yorkshire man too cheap to even fake tar for a scam unless paid before, in full.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 13, 2018, 10:12:54 PM
Gotta love the Libs.  First they flee here from their worker's paradises, wreck the place by enabling Democrat politicians, then they want to leave - off to infect some other up until now nice place.

Anybody need someone from the DMV to come tell you how to run things?  Their work here is done.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 13, 2018, 11:20:41 PM
I don't know details except from claims and bizzare posts, but it would seem, at least to a casual reader, that there is theme of fleeing, not liking places they live, not standing up and trying to improve things, and criticism of places to which they flee and moving on. At the same time trying to gain some benefits, or some pensions. I even recall questions about 'caravans.?' Are we actually talking gypies, travelers? Should I worry that once pension vests that YP will be "happen to have done neighbor's roof and have left over material etc? Or some fortunes told?" "I just fixed your neighbor's, and have this left over, I can reseal that drive-way, a real deal..."

Don't take this the wrong way okay? GO FUCK YOURSELF.  :-*I didn't flee anywhere. You've lived in the USA far longer than me, tell the gallery just how you have improved the life of your fellow citizens in any meaningful way? I came to the states because the usual custom for married couples (well those that don't marry their immediate family which is very popular in some parts of the south) is to live in the same house.  Coincidentally, that just happened to be in Sacramento where Laura lives, and that is where she works, and has done for the same employer over the last thirty something years. Now I know it's all archaic in many ways, the pension thing being one of them, but working for the government and having a full pension you've earned and paid into, involves remaining in their employ until enough years have accrued.. Simple arithmetic etc..  ::)

You're right you didn't know the details...you do now.

As for your incredible mouth foaming rant about using CA etc...Who said anything about going back to the UK after she retired? Naaa, we were thinking of maybe going east of here, or maybe north east, or south east..Hawaii is off the list as it looks like it will be covered in lava.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Laurakinch on May 13, 2018, 10:50:26 PM
I hope you’re not referring to me. I’m not a lib, never have been. You assholes on here can’t relate to anyone without attaching a lib or conservative label. One of the reasons I left the Bay Area is due to bleeding hearts turning it into the cesspool it’s become. And why do you stay? I guess you’re stuck there for whatever reason but I’m not, so go ahead and project your anger and frustration on me. I don’t give a fuck.

Oh yeah? It's your boy who keeps reminding us that Mueller is Republican and hammering away at this tired polemic. ::)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 13, 2018, 11:43:06 PM
...Hawaii is off the list as it looks like it will be covered in lava.

You know it's more than one island, right?

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 13, 2018, 06:03:46 PM
Please explain this.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/13/trump-zte-china-sanctions-korea-iran-584244

Trump says he'll help Chinese company that violated U.S. sanctions

"(Commerce Secretary) Ross in March 2017 first announced an “unprecedented” $1.19 billion penalty leveled against ZTE for violating U.S sanctions by shipping telecommunications equipment to Iran and North Korea."

Still waiting

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 14, 2018, 06:20:14 AM
Still waiting

Another backpedal from Trump

Trump said that the drug costs would be negotiated down; One of his campaign promises I seem to remember.. By coincidence (and that's all so far) one of the pharma companies dropped 1.2 million in Cohen's pocket to 'Gain a better understanding of Trump's health care policy"..Clearly they thought Cohen was the health guru even though he isn't employed as such, nor as a paid lobbyist.. Perfectly reasonable explanation I'm sure.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/05/big-pharma-gets-a-big-win-from-trump/560219/

In all, while the president promised “the most sweeping action in history to lower the costs of prescription drugs for the American people,” the policies described Friday seem somewhat marginal, and none address the actual prices pharmaceutical companies are charging.

Trump seemed to frame his remarks, as well as the new policy outline, as a continued rebuke of the industry, saying “the drug lobby is making an absolute fortune at the expense of American consumers.” But that rebuke falls especially flat this week, given the still-unfolding story that pharmaceutical giant Novartis paid his personal attorney Michael Cohen $1.2 million to gain a better understanding of the president’s health-care policy.

That much publicised tax cut for the average person won't stretch far now that Trump hasn't forced the drug companies to lower their prices.. :-\

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 14, 2018, 09:34:13 AM
That much publicised tax cut for the average person won't stretch far now that Trump hasn't forced the drug companies to lower their prices.. :-\

Ah so you want him to force them to do things. That's very libitarded and statist of you.

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 14, 2018, 11:29:47 AM
Ah so you want him to force them to do things. That's very libitarded and statist of you.

These people specialize in combining separate issues when they think they can score political points, but are offended when anyone suggests there should be one set of rules that apply to everyone on any given issue - to those they support and to those they oppose.

The post came from a person who only supports the people who are forever raising taxes, so while his concern is touching, it's fake.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 14, 2018, 11:29:47 AM

Trump said he would...He even said it was terrible that Medicare wouldn't negotiate down what they paid for drugs...Obviously forgetting.unaware that Medicare isn't allowed to negotiate prices, Congress made it illegal that they did. But obviously people are happy that they're being scanked by the pharma companies who in turn make the insurance companies charge higher premiums and hospitals charge the insurance companies because the drugs are too costly... Nothing to see.  ;)

Trump:  “the drug lobby is making an absolute fortune at the expense of American consumers.” True, they are

“the most sweeping action in history to lower the costs of prescription drugs for the American people,”  Erm, no.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 14, 2018, 11:52:03 AM
These people specialize in combining separate issues when they think they can score political points, but are offended when anyone suggests there should be one set of rules that apply to everyone on any given issue - to those they support and to those they oppose.

The post came from a person who only supports the people who are forever raising taxes, so while his concern is touching, it's fake.

What do you think you're talking about?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 14, 2018, 12:03:45 PM

What do tax cuts and pharmaceutical prices have to do with each other? 

You really ought to give up on trying to spin everything Trump says or does into something sinister or incompetent.  You completely missed eight years of sinister or incompetent with the previous office holder - and even the Democrats are starting to understand that Americans are happy with the way things are going, that constantly and mindlessly attacking Trump without having any plans or ideas that appeal to anyone doesn't really help them.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 14, 2018, 12:12:31 PM
What do tax cuts and pharmaceutical prices have to do with each other? 

The advantages of one will be outweighed by the increase in the other.. Unless you're very rich of course.

You really ought to give up on trying to spin everything Trump says or does into something sinister or incompetent.  You completely missed eight years of sinister or incompetent with the previous office holder - and even the Democrats are starting to understand that Americans are happy with the way things are going, that constantly and mindlessly attacking Trump without having any plans or ideas that appeal to anyone doesn't really help them.

Oh, didn't Trump say when he makes promises he keeps them ?   ???   I distinctly remember he said he'd make the health costs lower, enough for everyone to afford, more efficient etc.. Yep...He said that.

Here's an example of the two sets of rules I was ''banging on'' about.  And it's one example of many:

Have you figured out yet why an incoming president is violating the Logan Act if he contacts foreign officials, but John Kerry didn't when he met with the Iranians a few weeks ago in an attempt to subvert the foreign policy of a duly elected president?

You made quite a noise about Trump, as if a presidents contacts with foreign leaders aren't to begin until he's sworn in, and it's a great idea to catch them completely off guard as to his ideas at that time.  Yet nothing about Kerry on this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/wheres-the-outrage-over-kerrys-secret-meetings-on-the-iran-deal/2018/05/11/0022ff18-546e-11e8-a551-5b648abe29ef_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5c4eae6e257a 

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 14, 2018, 12:18:24 PM
The advantages of one will be outweighed by the increase in the other.. Unless you're very rich of course...

Since everything we do costs money, you can make that case about everything the government may or may not get involved in.  So what?

Did you ever think maybe we should keep more of our own money simply because it's our own money?  Or that with prices on most things going up, lowering taxes helps us keep up with that? 

Or did you just find a couple of separate news items and decide to combine them in a way you could use them to attack Trump?  It's interesting to me you're on record as being against foreign interference in our elections, yet as a foreigner here you are interfering in ours. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 14, 2018, 12:29:45 PM
Since everything we do costs money, you can make that case about everything the government may or may not get involved in.  So what?

Did you ever think maybe we should keep more of our own money simply because it's our own money?  Or that with prices on most things going up, lowering taxes helps us keep up with that? 

Or did you just find a couple of separate news items and decide to combine them in a way you could use them to attack Trump?  It's interesting to me you're on record as being against foreign interference in our elections, yet as a foreigner here you are interfering in ours.

How am I interfering in yours? Go on, show that little pearl of evidence. LOL...

You blow in the breeze..One post you're slagging Trump off (for the same reasons I do) and the next he's the second coming.

albrecht

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 14, 2018, 06:20:14 AM
Still waiting
Probably some negotiation tactic. In case you don't know Trump's negotiation style is well known- ask for the world, then settle for what you really want. But who knows what is going on in DC and at the negotiating tables. There is a lot of concerns about China's threats re: agriculture sales, so no doubt Trump getting push back from those lobbyists and interests.

I think both Parties and most of the swamp creatures have it almost ALL wrong on China. We shouldn't be worrying, so much, about violating trade agreements, manipulating the RMB, human rights conditions, etc- all of which is bad- but better be concerned as a military and economic threat, maybe not now but in the future. Why help them improve? Sure, cheap labor is great but giving them so much technology and now using technological devices that effect our communications, energy infrastructure, and military devices is stupid. It is like selling the Empire of Japan so much of the metal for which they built their ships and planes to attack us and our allies. Cheap plastic crap that might break, chemicals and medicine that might poison folks, is one thing but to rely on a foreign power for critical infrastructure, allowing so many of them to buy up our land and companies, to allow so many of their students to come over and learn skills and technology to go back and improve theirs is dumb.

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 14, 2018, 11:52:03 AM

It's astounding to me the contortions, both moral and political, the left will go through to get what THEY want.

Its like watching political Yoga performed on a rotisserie...

;D

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 14, 2018, 12:03:04 PM
Trump said he would...

Oh wah!

QuoteHe even said it was terrible that Medicare wouldn't negotiate down what they paid for drugs...Obviously forgetting.unaware that Medicare isn't allowed to negotiate prices, Congress made it illegal that they did. But obviously people are happy that they're being scanked by the pharma companies who in turn make the insurance companies charge higher premiums and hospitals charge the insurance companies because the drugs are too costly... Nothing to see.  ;)

http://time.com/5275168/trump-plan-lower-drug-prices/

Trump’s list of 50 proposals, dubbed American Patients First, includes:

â€" A potential requirement for drugmakers to disclose the cost of their medicines in television advertisements.

â€" Banning a pharmacist “gag rule,” which prevents druggists from telling customers when they can save money by paying cash instead of using their insurance.

â€" Speeding up the approval process for over-the-counter medications so people can buy more drugs without prescriptions.

â€" Reconsidering how Medicare pays for some high-priced drugs administered at doctors’ offices.

“Trump had a choice today: to seek disruptive fundamental reform or to embrace more incremental steps,” wrote Terry Haines, a financial analyst, in an investment note. “Trump chose the incremental over the disruptive.”

Some parts of the plan were previously proposed in the president’s budget proposal sent to Congress, including providing free generic drugs to low-income seniors and sharing rebates from drugmakers with Medicare patients. Other parts could be implemented directly by the administration.

QuoteTrump:  “the drug lobby is making an absolute fortune at the expense of American consumers.” True, they are

“the most sweeping action in history to lower the costs of prescription drugs for the American people,”  Erm, no.

Oh?

So whose plan or action was more sweeping, do illumine us, pud.

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 14, 2018, 12:38:54 PM
You blow in the breeze..One post you're slagging Trump off (for the same reasons I do) and the next he's the second coming.

It's all about absolutist thinking with you isn't it?

Trump is either all good or all bad, right?

Nothing can be taken case by case with you haters, save for the disparate elements you tack weld together to attack him with.

Your emotionally charged outrage is like some dank stick of fireworks punk, apparently useful, but mostly not "ignitive".

Metron2267

Quote from: albrecht on May 14, 2018, 01:09:32 PM
It is like selling the Empire of Japan so much of the metal for which they built their ships and planes to attack us and our allies. Cheap plastic crap that might break, chemicals and medicine that might poison folks, is one thing but to rely on a foreign power for critical infrastructure, allowing so many of them to buy up our land and companies, to allow so many of their students to come over and learn skills and technology to go back and improve theirs is dumb.

Now that is sound historical context, thanks.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: albrecht on May 14, 2018, 01:09:32 PM
Sure, cheap labor is great but giving them so much technology and now using technological devices that effect our communications, energy infrastructure, and military devices is stupid.

You know the company in question is an electronics manufacturer, right?

albrecht

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 14, 2018, 01:52:48 PM
You know the company in question is an electronics manufacturer, right?
Yes, that is my point.  We should not be buying technological devices or components made in China, especially if they are used in our communications, critical infrastructure, or military. It was stupid to give them the technology, train their engineers at our universities, or mfg them there even if they are using our chips. They are an enemy, or at least potential enemy, now and/or in the future. There are other countries far friendlier to the USA that also has cheap, or now cheaper, labor if we must mfg overseas.

Jackstar

North Korean nuclear disarmament, dipshit!

Quote from: albrecht on May 14, 2018, 01:56:44 PM
It was stupid to give them the technology,

Love that Clinton presidency!

Metron2267

Quote from: albrecht on May 14, 2018, 01:56:44 PM
Yes, that is my point.  We should not be buying technological devices or components made in China, especially if they are used in our communications, critical infrastructure, or military. It was stupid to give them the technology, train their engineers at our universities, or mfg them there even if they are using our chips. They are an enemy, or at least potential enemy, now and/or in the future. There are other countries far friendlier to the USA that also has cheap, or now cheaper, labor if we must mfg overseas.

HUAWEI is on that has come under scrutiny as they provide airwave internet access through 4 G repeaters.

Given IBM sold their hardware business to Lenovo there are concerns there too that their machines are spyware reporting to Bejing.

Globalization has its pitfalls and tech is one of them.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on May 14, 2018, 02:14:14 PM
North Korean nuclear disarmament, dipshit!

Love that Clinton presidency!

Ah yes, Clinton, Loral, and China.

>:(

https://capitalresearch.org/article/flashback-bill-clinton-gave-china-missile-technology/

McAuliffe helped a company called Loral Space get seats on official trade missions. He reportedly convinced the Clinton administration to overrule national security officials in order win approval for a Loral deal that gave Red China critical missile technology. Loral’s chief executive officer became the Democratic National Committee’s largest donor and McAuliffe became DNC chairman.

ACE of CLUBS

How's the Mexican/American wall coming along ?
Completion date ?
American 'union' labour ?
Mexico supplying the baloney sandwiches ?

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 14, 2018, 02:52:59 PM
How's the Mexican/American wall coming along ?
Completion date ?
American 'union' labour ?
Mexico supplying the baloney sandwiches ?

How many more illegals do you propose we ingest?

And why?

albrecht

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 14, 2018, 02:50:11 PM

Ah yes, Clinton, Loral, and China.

>:(

https://capitalresearch.org/article/flashback-bill-clinton-gave-china-missile-technology/

McAuliffe helped a company called Loral Space get seats on official trade missions. He reportedly convinced the Clinton administration to overrule national security officials in order win approval for a Loral deal that gave Red China critical missile technology. Loral’s chief executive officer became the Democratic National Committee’s largest donor and McAuliffe became DNC chairman.
Terry rumored to be wanting shot at Presidemcy. And there was all the stuf with his wife etc and  suspicious fundraising. He also allowed ex-cons to vote to influence the election (Democrats presume hardcore crimin would naturally vote for them, which is interesting who they view theircore constituencies are.)