• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Morgus

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 16, 2018, 03:19:50 PM
Did Art take any days off, much less a week, when Ramona passed? I thought he got right back on the horse.
I seem to recall Art wasn't doing shows when Ramona passed away, he had retired.
But soon after, he asked to host  c2cam weekends again to keep him busy and they had to move Ian Punnett to early Sat nights since he had been hosting the weekend shows then around 2006?

Taco Bell

Did Art take any days off, much less a week, when Ramona passed? I thought he got right back on the horse.

It's not nice to call his new wife names like that. This isn't Matt Broderick we're talking about.

Quote from: Morgus on April 16, 2018, 03:24:18 PM
I seem to recall Art wasn't doing shows when Ramona passed away, he had retired.
But soon after, he asked to host  c2cam weekends again to keep him busy and they had to move Ian Punnett to early Sat nights since he had been hosting the weekend shows then around 2006?

He was doing the show on Saturdays or maybe it was Sundays.  He went into detail about Ramona's death on the show. 

yoursongs

#1:  Art Bell DOES/DID NOT own this song, unless he wrote words and music HIMSELF, or bought all copyrights from the composers.  Which neither one are true as far as can be seen.  #2:  The HW whinefest is in full swing now as can plainly be seen.  #3:  I don't listen or have ever listened to "C2C", but this song is all over the internet, spotify, youtube, itunes, etc.  #4:  It seems that MITD drew very naive, easily fooled fans, esp. since HW took over the show.  #5:  Just because a song was "inspired" by Art Bell and MITD does not mean they f....ing OWN the song, and that nobody else in the world can touch it.  #6:  HW, KR, and fans of this crap need to grow up.  #7:  What other song should someone doing a tribute to Art play?  Seems logical to me as long is it was legal to play it on the air, which with the "fair use" law (like with youtube, it is.)

Sean92008

I don't recall him as even working a single night of the week.

They were in Laughlin, Nevada when she died and he approached C2C asking to come back so he could work through his grief.

That's when he knocked Ian out of his Saturday night slot.

That was a sad show, when he returned.

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 16, 2018, 03:30:29 PM
I don't recall him as even working a single night of the week.

They were in Laughlin, Nevada when she died and he approached C2C asking to come back so he could work through his grief.

That's when he knocked Ian out of his Saturday night slot.

That was a sad show, when he returned.

It could have been a week or two after Ramona's death, I guess.

Sean92008

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 03:31:31 PM
It could have been a week or two after Ramona's death, I guess.

Yeah, it was pretty soon after...

yoursongs

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 16, 2018, 02:16:03 PM
rest of it

#1:  Art Bell DOES/DID NOT own this song, unless he wrote words and music HIMSELF, or bought all copyrights from the composers.  Which neither one are true as far as can be seen.  #2:  The HW whinefest is in full swing now as can plainly be seen.  #3:  I don't listen or have ever listened to "C2C", but this song is all over the internet, spotify, youtube, itunes, etc.  #4:  It seems that MITD drew very naive, easily fooled fans, esp. since HW took over the show.  #5:  Just because a song was "inspired" by Art Bell and MITD does not mean they f....ing OWN the song, and that nobody else in the world can touch it.  #6:  HW, KR, and fans of this crap need to grow up.  #7:  What other song should someone doing a tribute to Art play?  Seems logical to me as long is it was legal to play it on the air, which with the "fair use" law (like with youtube, it is.)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2018, 02:23:18 PM
"I have" the original copy. "I'm in charge" of his funeral. Blech.

It's low EQ.

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 03:41:47 PM
Someone played a song.  Noooooooo!

LOL.  I know!!!  OMG!  How dare they!!   ::) ::) ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: Northern Nights on April 16, 2018, 09:00:50 AM
Is that the vegan woman who tried to shoot up Youtube? I wonder if she was a Bellgabber.
Well, she was clearly a nut job.  Yeah, she would have fit right in at BellGab.

Attacking Knapp while her Facebook echo chamber cheers her on

#GriefBonerMeasuring
#CatladyPearlClutching
#SingleWhiteLasha

ItsOver

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 03:41:47 PM
Someone played a song.  Noooooooo!

A day in the life of cat ladies.

Sean92008

Quote from: ItsOver on April 16, 2018, 03:48:25 PM
Well, she was clearly a nut job.  Yeah, she would have fit right in at BellGab.

Her body was "hot."  Her facial expressions left a lot to be desired...  She was definitely not altogether there.  Falkie, if he was a lady who looked like her, would behave similarly...  No doubt.

weeberwubber

FWIW, I didn't think it was crappy that they played the song. It was the comments that the song was said to be written for Coast to Coast and nothing to do with Art which upon retrospect is silly. I can has a silly.

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 16, 2018, 03:56:33 PM
FWIW, I didn't think it was crappy that they played the song. It was the comments that the song was said to be written for Coast to Coast and nothing to do with Art which upon retrospect is silly. I can has a silly.

Knapp, in reality, equates classic Coast with Art.  He didn't need to specify Art's name because it was a given when the song was written and cut.

IIRC Crystal was the first guest on MITD for a few minutes

Sondra Locke is covering my funeral single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwSpBOXnNTE

Jealous?  How this woman never copped an Oscar, an Academy Award, or a Grammy, I'll never know.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 16, 2018, 04:16:33 PM

Jealous?  How this woman never copped an Oscar, an Academy Award, or a Grammy, I'll never know.

Probably because her singing voice isn't that great. It is good though.

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 16, 2018, 04:16:33 PM

Her career kinda petered out after she broke up with Clint.  Remember that Eli Roth film called Knock, Knock with Kneau Reeves  about the 2 hotties that fuck him up?  It was a remake of a 1977 Locke movie called Death Game.  Just a random trivia nugget.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 16, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
Now you've done it, Roswells.  Her voice isn't that good?  Try this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMn4Bflxhs8

Well, that song is timely, anyway. She has a pretty voice but I don't feel it the way you do.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2018, 04:29:30 PM
Well, that song is timely, anyway. She has a pretty voice but I don't feel it the way you do.

Yeah, I guess I'm kind of in the minority.  Clint must have seen something in her too.  I didn't know about that Knock Knock thing, 21, thanks for the trivia. 

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 16, 2018, 04:33:35 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm kind of in the minority.  Clint must have seen something in her too.  I didn't know about that Knock Knock thing, 21, thanks for the trivia.
You're welcome.  I was kinda glad they broke up as I was tired of her being in every movie Clint did in the late 70's/early 80's.  I want to see the original Death Game though.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 04:37:16 PM
Yeah, I don't know.  I was kinda glad they broke up as I was tired of her being in every movie Clint did in the late 70's/early 80's.  I want to see the original Death Game.

Agree.  What Clint ever saw in her, I don't get it.  Still, he really put the screws to her after a nasty breakup I guess.  Sorry, don't mean to detract from the thread topic. 

Rix Gins

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 16, 2018, 04:33:35 PM
Clint must have seen something in her too.

Or on her.  Clint might have been enamored of her first class butt, if indeed it was her bare butt in the Clint movie where he was hanging out with the old Indian.  You never know though, it being Hollywood, it might have been a stand-in's butt. 

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 16, 2018, 04:43:59 PM
Or on her.  Clint might have been enamored of her first class butt, if indeed it was her bare butt in the Clint movie where he was hanging out with the old Indian.  You never know though, it being Hollywood, it might have been a stand-in's butt.

Haha.  Clint certainly had his entourage of buddies who were in many of the same movies she was in.  Must have been a fun time. 

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 16, 2018, 04:47:05 PM
Haha.  Clint certainly had his entourage of buddies who were in many of the same movies she was in.  Must have been a fun time.

LOL, like these guys.