• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is it me or.....

Started by Evil Twin Of Zen, May 16, 2012, 10:12:37 PM

each forum has sticky topics and normal topics. i saw "vag" used as a gender ID. normal topics? really?  8)

Jasmine

It's you. Or perhaps it's me and you, and a dog named boo?

MV/Liberace!

i'm not sure i understand what this thread is about.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 20, 2012, 06:51:29 PM
i'm not sure i understand what this thread is about.

Maybe we're not meant to.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Jasmine on May 17, 2012, 09:03:23 AMIt's you. Or perhaps it's me and you, and a dog named boo?

Probably.         

see mp3 attached below:

[attachment deleted by admin]

b_dubb

Boo is a terrible name for a dog IMHO

Quote from: b_dubb on May 20, 2012, 08:18:17 PM
Boo is a terrible name for a dog IMHO

Quote from: Jasmine on May 17, 2012, 09:03:23 AM
It's you. Or perhaps it's me and you, and a dog named boo?

Hate to go even further off topic so soon, but since I don't know what the topic is...

There's a nearby liquor store here called "Boo's."  Not sure if it is an intended pun for "Booze" or not. 

Wait. Hair of the dog.... boo... booze.  It all makes sense.

"Me and you and a dog named Booze."

Those crazy liquor store owners.

("Boo" could also imply "spirits."  Circles within circles.)

ziznak

I think it's got to do with saying the other word in quotes in the original post... "VAG" it's kinda like almost as bad as saying the c-word in some circles.

McPhallus

How about the marginally more polite "coont" (which I first saw used on this forum, oddly enough).

Quote from: ziznak on May 21, 2012, 03:15:09 AM
I think it's got to do with saying the other word in quotes in the original post... "VAG" it's kinda like almost as bad as saying the c-word in some circles.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on May 21, 2012, 03:15:09 AM

by "c-word" you do mean cunt, right?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on May 21, 2012, 06:22:29 AM
How about the marginally more polite "coont" (which I first saw used on this forum, oddly enough).

oh, you beat me to it.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on May 21, 2012, 06:22:29 AM
I've been trying to popularize that for years. I picked it up in Ireland, where it's used commonly(at least around me it was ??? ). Fell in love with the term after my uncle stole a parking spot from an old lady at Shannon Airport, she said "well, you're a real coont of a man, aren't ya?"

b_dubb

there was a female comedian out there who tried to popularize 'keeeeunt'.  that went nowhere for her.  got her on comedy central once.

ziznak

Being half Irish meself I really enjoy hearing a good Irish tongue lashing. "coont" is a staple over  there.  I rarely use it but when I do it's got to be warranted.  So glad to open this door.

I know you guys don't mean it this way, but in some places Coont is a racist term for black coochie. Use with caution.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 26, 2012, 04:50:48 PM
I know you guys don't mean it this way, but in some places Coont is a racist term for black coochie. Use with caution.

are you in the uk?  for some reason, i had the idea you were.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 26, 2012, 04:52:08 PM

are you in the uk?  for some reason, i had the idea you were.
No, my mother is from there, and I have spent lots of time there (personal and business), but I'm a Canuck (moving to the USA shortly, though).  I think Larry Flynnt may have started the Coont thing, which is kinda clever, but I thought I would warn folks to be careful - I've heard it used in a racist manner in the deep south.

A) Just sent a text to Dean Koontz and invited him to weigh in on the ramifications, if any, of this discussion.

B) "Some koontz recording this..." - Nicko McBrain on the "Message from Harry" track on the bonus disc of the Castle reissue of Iron Maiden's Powerslave.

The General

This all gives Dean Koontz a hilarious and terribly offensive double meaning. 

I imagine that somewhere in the south, probably Mississippi, there is a college with a female african-american Dean.  Hey, don't blame me for what the student body probably calls her.

ziznak

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 26, 2012, 06:12:00 PM
A) Just sent a text to Dean Koontz and invited him to weigh in on the ramifications, if any, of this discussion.

B) "Some koontz recording this..." - Nicko McBrain on the "Message from Harry" track on the bonus disc of the Castle reissue of Iron Maiden's Powerslave.

IRON MAIDEN??? awwwww shyat I used to love them guys... I still have friggin cassettes of them... that harris dude on bass was awesome... he like pretty much invented the triplet gallup metal tempo that sooooo many other artists copied and made a metal bass staple.  awesome

Maiden were definitely one of the best bands of the NWOBHM.  Their self titled debut might be a desert island top ten for me - the punk infused Running Free and Sanctuary, the pure metal yet almost gothy title track, plus Phantom of the Opera (with it's double lead solos, Skynrdesque like progression, and haunting, driving rhythm section like Black Sabbath meets Ministry) - great fucking band.

ziznak

yeah the early stuff before bruce had a very gritty punk feel although you can hear that epic poem song trying to come out.  they were the first band to pull off a 13min song and still be good IMO

Exactly.  Dickinson took them to a whole new level (his first album with them is an all time metal classic) but Di"anno had that late seventies punk edge that made songs like Running Free so anarchic, ballsy, but very real.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 26, 2012, 04:59:48 PM
No, my mother is from there, and I have spent lots of time there (personal and business), but I'm a Canuck (moving to the USA shortly, though).  I think Larry Flynnt may have started the Coont thing, which is kinda clever, but I thought I would warn folks to be careful - I've heard it used in a racist manner in the deep south.
Wow... you Canadians are so perceptive.   You are like TV for an old Alabama boy like me: I just didn't understand how much "the South" looked like Southern California until I watched TV as a kid--- so I need a Canadian to tell me about "racist language" in "the South."   Thanks.

Grimace

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 27, 2012, 01:17:35 AM
Exactly.  Dickinson took them to a whole new level (his first album with them is an all time metal classic) but Di"anno had that late seventies punk edge that made songs like Running Free so anarchic, ballsy, but very real.

Haha, I remember way back in high school English class, we got some silly assignment to summarize/paraphrase a poem from the romantic era, and obviously "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" stuck out to me since it was one of my favorite Maiden tunes back in the day. Thinking I had the easiest assignment ever now, I fetched the Powerslave album and got to copying the lyrics pretty much verbatim from the sleeve to complete my little project.

The idiot teacher ended up giving me a C+, but he was known for being a curmudgeonly old quack who half the time didn't know what he was teaching or grading. "He gave Maiden a C+," I thought. "Shithead!"

Quote from: Ben Shockley on May 27, 2012, 08:03:32 AM
Wow... you Canadians are so perceptive.   You are like TV for an old Alabama boy like me: I just didn't understand how much "the South" looked like Southern California until I watched TV as a kid--- so I need a Canadian to tell me about "racist language" in "the South."   Thanks.
Southern Cali is beautiful, but Mississipi in August has a certain sweltering redneck charm that can't be beat.  Can't say I have been to bamy.  That Pinko commie Canadian Neil Young warned us all off the last time we met in his igloo, Ben "Southern Man" Shockley.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 27, 2012, 12:09:24 PM
Southern Cali is beautiful, but Mississipi in August has a certain sweltering redneck charm that can't be beat.  Can't say I have been to bamy.  That Pinko commie Canadian Neil Young warned us all off the last time we met in his igloo, Ben "Southern Man" Shockley.
Thanks for trying to minimize me via Neil Young, and you apparently missed my sarcasm about media trying to "be 'Southern.'"   No, I'm not trying to advocate for the real racism that's come out of this area.  I just get bugged by a person who doesn't know (proverbially) his ass from a hole in the ground trying to get some easy cred online by commenting on "racist terms from some region" ......

Quote from: Ben Shockley on May 27, 2012, 12:42:24 PM
Thanks for trying to minimize me via Neil Young, and you apparently missed my sarcasm about media trying to "be 'Southern.'"   No, I'm not trying to advocate for the real racism that's come out of this area.  I just get bugged by a person who doesn't know (proverbially) his ass from a hole in the ground trying to get some easy cred online by commenting on "racist terms from some region" ......
And I guess you didn't catch my sarcasm, either.  Maybe the term is widely used, maybe not - I only heard used the one time, but everyone there (myself exluded) seemed to know the word.  In fact, first hit when you google the term:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coont

But maybe I am making it all up just to get the easy cred.  You wanker.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wanker

ziznak

Coon and Coont are two totally different offensive words... I always did like the term Dune-Coon for arabs tho... sorry its just funny to me.