• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

valdez

I've always dismissed Alex Jones as a byproduct of too many happy meals, diet Pepsi's, and intense paranoia.  Tonight some of his ideas began to converge with those of Beck's.  Specifically how "monetizing the debt" will cripple this country.  It seems to be a serious topic and all George can add to the conversation is "its going to be a bumpy ride", and "what's new on your website?"  Shut up, George, some of us are trying to think.
    Aw, heck.  Jones is still loud mouth con man, regardless if he makes sense every now and then. 

ringthane

re: George and his board ops -- for someone so gushing, so earnest, so quick to remind us how 'spiritual' and balanced he is, I thought Noory was a thoughtless prick over the situation. As someone else mentioned, they were treated like drive-thru value menu items. Completely tone deaf and thoughtless. Worker in the light? Kiss my ass, douche bag.

Monetizing debt, etc -- I've been following this with interest for some time now. The US is the middle of a not-so-silent currency war, although it's not getting front page headlines. I put in 12-hr days at work, don't have a lot of time to read up on the subject as I would like but I think that I could bring more to the subject than 'we're in for a bumpy ride.' This is why Noory is a terrible host, he's like the Chicken McNuggets of radio -- bland, palatable, edible, non-threatening.

George could've illuminated the subject with intelligence without resorting to hyperbole... you know, stuff like low interest rates kills outsiders buying our t-bills, so the fed is doing it. He could've asked if we're voluntarily devaluing our currency in order to service our debt. He could ask how that will affect 401Ks and retirements. He could've asked about inflation, and how that will temporarily lead to an apparent 'recovery' but may lead to hyperinflation. He could ask about the Yuan, and Brazil's currency, and the Yen, and how this affects trade.

More stupidity -- the night before Alex Jones, George made just a blatantly dumb comment to the guest. They were discussing world regimes/leaders, and in reference to the rise of Hitler Noory said something to the effect of "you know, the biggest mistake after WWI was letting Germany rebuild." This kind of ties into last night's topic of currency and the fed.

I started screaming at the radio. Hitler/Third Reich was the offspring of precisely what George suggested we do. Germany was raped at Versailles and paved the way for the social fomentation that started to brew. Brutal reparations and isolation was not the way to deal with Weimar Germany.

Japan is a perfect example -- the US turned Japan into a parking lot, then we showed up with money, aid shipments and reconstruction teams. Then again, I'm a jingoistic bastard that thinks Truman did the right thing.

b_dubb

george doesn't do facts man.  he does radio from his gut.  that's why he let's people drone on about fairies, little people, crop circles, bible codes ... important shit

onan

After 208 pages of posts on Noory's inability to pronounce words correctly, I doubt I could add anything compelling to the already established position that GN is a floating turd in a punch bowl.

I have a hard time conceptualizing any reason why he is still listened to. I guess desperation comes in many forms.

Every couple months I rejoin C2C-s monthly plan to download some files of other hosts, when they have an interesting guest on. I try to find Art's interviews that meet my interests. But I find Noory to be such a vapid blathering host that even hearing his introduction causes way too much irritation to let him continue.

EvB

Welcome, onan.  I'm trying to think of something amusing to say about your handle -but everything i consider is either obscure or crude.   So -
I'll let the image do the talking >WEG<

onan

I find it hard to be considered crude if first one is obscure. But Onan as my handle was actually derived from a comedians bit about too much talking... He talked so much he had to join a 12 step program called onandonanon...

Thank you for the welcome. I have on ocassion read several posts and found many of them to be quite well thought out--with what I consider just about the right amount of critical thinking.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: danDNA on November 02, 2010, 08:15:00 PM
hello Ev!

if there was a coast gab app for blackberry id be on here all the time. ive become affixed to the bloody thing, i keep getting blackberry poisoning in my thumbs, and have developed a tweet addiction :/

and still Noory sucks.
hey, dan.  good to see u, bro.

there is the "tapatalk" app on android and iphone.  it supposedly gives you a more pleasing, intuitive view of the forum rather than viewing the forum in its native format in your browser.  the jury's out on tapatalk.  i find some of its UI choices to be head scratchers.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on November 04, 2010, 05:21:24 PM
I find it hard to be considered crude if first one is obscure. But Onan as my handle was actually derived from a comedians bit about too much talking... He talked so much he had to join a 12 step program called onandonanon...

Thank you for the welcome. I have on ocassion read several posts and found many of them to be quite well thought out--with what I consider just about the right amount of critical thinking.
welcome to the forums, my friend.

Quote from: vegasexcitement on November 03, 2010, 07:26:56 PM
I like Noorey.  I could not do what he does.  Plus, he has to deal with great callers and some really dumb ones as well.

It's a great show and super listening.  I listen as I work on the computer...all darned night! :)

Don, Las Vegas
and to you.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: valdez on November 03, 2010, 11:48:07 AM
Quote from: guildnavigator on November 03, 2010, 11:08:43 AM
I put on the last hour of c2c last night. George was talking about his board operator, bragging about calling him back into work directly from the ER after he had a possible HEART ATTACK. He was generally a jerk about it. I couldn't help but think of all of the "red-shirts" who were constantly dropping like flies in star trek. Anybody else catch this?

He also mentioned ordering up two more board ops. His tone likens them to value priced items at a drive thru. I remember him clarifying that he was unable to operate his own board due to the presence of several computers. WTF?  ???
Yep.  I caught it.  MV posted a ham radio interview with Art (its somewhere around here) where Art mentions that Noory does not operate his own board.  First of all, if an employee of mine got carted away by an ambulance, and then it turned out he was going to be alright, he gets the rest of the day off.  Period.  I don't even think about trying to get him to come in.  Second of all, what is a "board"?  Can't producer Tom run this thing?  Being a producer is a fancy title, where you probably have to know how to do everything.  I don't know much about the broadcast radio world.  I might be underestimating the importance and complexity of this "board", still the whole scene definitely made George seem like a jerk.
here u go:

Art Bell Talks About George Noory On His HAM Radio

i wish this video would go viral.  it's hit almost 1000 views in a relatively short period of time, but i suspect the coast audience isn't broad enough for something so "inside baseball" to go viral.

ringthane

Wow. Art played it classy and close to the vest. When was this recorded?

This and punkinpie mentioning the upcoming studio in Hawaii really has my gears turning.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ringthane on November 05, 2010, 01:31:24 AM
Wow. Art played it classy and close to the vest. When was this recorded?

This and punkinpie mentioning the upcoming studio in Hawaii really has my gears turning.
not sure when it was recorded.  i found it probably 8 or 9 years ago off of a P2P sharing service... probably kazaa or something similar.  i'm really glad i saved it all these years.  there's a section in the middle of the audio where it appears to have been edited.  i wish that weren't the case, but you still get the gist of it from what's there.

The General

Thanks for posting that (Art talking on the HAM radio about Noory).
Really eye opening to hear him open up a little about that.

SnapT

What's with Noory ending the show an hour early and cutting to "The Best of George Noory"?  He's so busy he can't spare one hour to finish up the show?  One more hour of open lines isn't gonna kill him.

Also, have you guys noticed that at least a few people have called to ask him about THE FOURTH KIND (most recently tonight), that crappy movie about alien abduction in Alaska that tricks some people into thinking it's based on real events, and George STILL hasn't bothered to look the movie up on Wikipedia and tell these frightened callers that it's a fake?  He's usually pretty quick about Googling stuff on the air, but each time someone asks about this movie he's just like "no, haven't seen it, don't watch movies in theaters much these days, just DVD, [insert rambling about how amazing modern technology is]." 

You'd think a guy who hosts a show that frequently delves into the topic of UFOs and alien abduction, and constantly references movies and TV shows, would've done a bit of research on this $48 million-grossing feature film about UFOs and alien abduction that callers are regularly asking him about on the air.

valdez

Quote from: SnapT on November 06, 2010, 02:28:52 AM
What's with Noory ending the show an hour early and cutting to "The Best of George Noory"?
I guess he figured he'd better get his ass out of dodge after the crapfest of a show he pawned off on us.  Dr. Roger Leir?  Again?  20% of the world's population are abductees?  Jeez.  You know the asylum is getting weird when Richard C. comes on and I'm thinking, "yes, finally, somebody with some common sense."  Huh?  What?  Yeah.

Man, he booked it out of there last night. I love how he takes calls right as he's about to leave and says "You've got forty seconds".

Plus he ran the same hour of "Best of George" he did the last time. A bunch of people telling passing gas and prostate exam stories. Talk about mailing it in.

danDNA

there is the "tapatalk" app on android and iphone.  it supposedly gives you a more pleasing, intuitive view of the forum rather than viewing the forum in its native format in your browser.  the jury's out on tapatalk.  i find some of its UI choices to be head scratchers.

hello MV, thanks, ill take a look at that :)

punkinpie

I think George has a lady love in Hawaii.  He told a story during the last hour last night about a "friend," she was on a flight from Las Vegas to Hawaii and someone died on the flight. 

Where does Linda Moulton Howe live?

SnapT

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on November 06, 2010, 06:16:27 PMPlus he ran the same hour of "Best of George" he did the last time. A bunch of people telling passing gas and prostate exam stories. Talk about mailing it in.
Yeah, talk about adding insult to injury!  Tom must be even lazier than Noory!

I've been a C2C listener since '97 and have been screaming at my radio and PC alone in the dark since snoory took over.  This forum is a godsend...to think of all the years I've suffered alone needlessly, wondering if anyone out there noticed the same things I did (and evidently all of you have been for the last few years).   

My first blow up was on his very first day on the air, when GN referred to the C2C web site as 'his' website - actually instructing long time Art Bell listeners to "log in to MY website" in his very first week on the air.  Does anyone else remember this??? I was ballistic - like who is this effing guy and how is he and what army going to turn C2C into bozo's amateur hour.

The only thing that comforted me was the obvious reality that this guy COULD NOT POSSIBLY survive. But day after day, there he was - and week after week, and month after month and year after year. By the time all the self congratulation over the contract extension came around, I'd long since concluded that he had the serious goods on someone. I'm betting he knows where a body is buried or caught someone with a sheep somewhere along the line. Any ideas what he's got on who?

Also, does anyone know if snoory's intro is prerecorded? It doesn't seem to deviate night to night. This uncharacteristic consistency gives me pause.  I'm betting it is a recording.

One final initial point (thank you for indulging me one initial rant - pent up frustration, you certainly understand...). About three weeks ago I emailed George a long note which I'll post someday along with his reply on the topic of his absurd, homespun "Floating Format". I challenged that he made up the expression and that it sounded absurd. His response was a curt, three word "Oh come on!" to which I replied "fine George, whatever you say - but this long time listener is betting that I don't hear the FF words out of your mouth anymore."

So far so good...
CC

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: conscious comic on November 06, 2010, 11:42:36 PM
My first blow up was on his very first day on the air, when GN referred to the C2C web site as 'his' website - actually instructing long time Art Bell listeners to "log in to MY website" in his very first week on the air.  Does anyone else remember this??? I was ballistic - like who is this effing guy and how is he and what army going to turn C2C into bozo's amateur hour.
yikes.  had i been operating a motor vehicle when he said this, a tree surely would have been injured.

welcome to the forums.  we're happy to have u around. fo sho.

MV/Liberace!

Possible Quote #1
"And, so, I pulled him to my chest, like so, puckered up, like so, and said, 'Come here, youuuuuu.'"

Possible Quote #2
"I'm happy to be speaking here at the Des Moines Holiday Inn Express.  I really do believe this is America's finest hotel chain.  It just doesn't get better."

Possible Quote #3
"I mean, look at these forearms.  Just absolutely covered in hair.  I mean, really... it's just... is there a phone in this room?  Let's go to the phones."

Here is the text from my previously mentioned email correspondence with George on the infamous "Floating Format" including his reply. CC

On Oct 9, 2010, at 12:59 AM, george wrote:

Oh...come on!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 10:36 PM
To: george@coasttocoastam.com
Subject: "Floating Format"

George -

OK, i've had it. Please...enough with this 'Floating Format' phraseology.

It really sounds absurd. Whether it is an inside baseball, radio expression
or something you guys made up at C2C - all you have to do is say "we have
two guests tonight on C2C - or we have a great lineup tonight... 

Seriously George, it seems that practically every other night you're
introduction includes the phrase 'we have a Floating Format' as if it is
something special and important and it just isn't. Really...it just sounds
ridiculous - so, unless you are married to this expression, you should
just tell us you have several guests, introduce them and get on with
the show!

Just telling it like it is...
A listener since 1997

Marc.Knight

I wonder if they have automated George's responses to emails by now.  I can imagine an overheated computer somewhere in a non-descript building pumping out "Oh...come on!", "Get a life", "Who do you think you are?", "Not another Coastgab nut..." 24 hours a day.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on November 07, 2010, 10:38:32 AM
I wonder if they have automated George's responses to emails by now.  I can imagine an overheated computer somewhere in a non-descript building pumping out "Oh...come on!", "Get a life", "Who do you think you are?", "Not another Coastgab nut..." 24 hours a day.
such a computer would certainly require its own data center with water cooling and conditioned air.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on November 07, 2010, 12:56:25 PM
such a computer would certainly require its own data center with water cooling and conditioned air.

The Noory 24 hour complaint email response center:

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on November 07, 2010, 01:18:06 PM
Quote from: MV on November 07, 2010, 12:56:25 PM

The Noory 24 hour complaint email response center:

BWAHAHHA!

b_dubb

Quote from: punkinpie on November 06, 2010, 09:56:07 PM
I think George has a lady love in Hawaii.  He told a story during the last hour last night about a "friend," she was on a flight from Las Vegas to Hawaii and someone died on the flight. 

Where does Linda Moulton Howe live?
LOL

let's hope LMH has had a hysterectomy so there's NO CHANCE that they can produce asshat offspring

EvB

Quote from: b_dubb on November 08, 2010, 07:55:42 AM

let's hope LMH has had a hysterectomy so there's NO CHANCE that they can produce asshat offspring

I'm pretty sure she is beyond reproductive age-  relax! >GRIN<

Quote from: ringthane on November 04, 2010, 11:22:05 AM
More stupidity -- the night before Alex Jones, George made just a blatantly dumb comment to the guest. They were discussing world regimes/leaders, and in reference to the rise of Hitler Noory said something to the effect of "you know, the biggest mistake after WWI was letting Germany rebuild." This kind of ties into last night's topic of currency and the fed.

I started screaming at the radio. Hitler/Third Reich was the offspring of precisely what George suggested we do. Germany was raped at Versailles and paved the way for the social fomentation that started to brew. Brutal reparations and isolation was not the way to deal with Weimar Germany.

Japan is a perfect example -- the US turned Japan into a parking lot, then we showed up with money, aid shipments and reconstruction teams. Then again, I'm a jingoistic bastard that thinks Truman did the right thing.

Wow... just wow... as a hardcore history buff, that is so mind blowing I want to go break all of my radios so this befuddling stupidity won't infect me.

By the way, Coast to Coast just lost their Seattle affilate... and no one in Seattle cares.

EvB

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on November 08, 2010, 10:11:56 PM

Wow... just wow... as a hardcore history buff, that is so mind blowing I want to go break all of my radios so this befuddling stupidity won't infect me.

By the way, Coast to Coast just lost their Seattle affilate... and no one in Seattle cares.

Can you say The Weimar Republic -- I KNOW you can!

Cabaret - Tomorrow Belongs to Me