• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ringthane

Quote from: valdez on October 12, 2010, 06:31:57 AM
Chemtrails bore me to death, but to have Noory sleep walk through the interview (all of his questions were asked in the first twenty minutes, the rest were naked variations of the same questions) literally gave me a headache.

Spot on. When all relevant questions are burned through by the bottom of the first hour of the interview, the rest of the show is going to be painful iterations.

Which is why the instapoll promotion last night was so contrived -- a blatant device to pad/fill air time because Snoory is an incompetent clown.

I've got to admit something... I really hate what this show has done to me. I can't think of the last time I've been filled with such outright derision/disdain for someone (with the exception of politics). The show used to be such an enjoyable part of my nightly routine, and to have it shit upon by this chucklehead just galls me.

Strel

George will hang on to and fight for that gig with everything he has.  Where else can you make a killing sleepwalking through your profession?  (Besides politics...)  He's been very astute at befriending all the 'right' C2C regulars, while doing everything he's asked - no matter how debasing to himself or the audience. 

It's just a matter of when 'unskilled and unprofessional' trumps 'not making waves' on the job.

But I wouldn't plan any goodbye parties just yet.  He's far from ready to hang up his 'absolutely'...

b_dubb

Quote from: ringthane on October 12, 2010, 10:19:14 AM
I've got to admit something... I really hate what this show has done to me. I can't think of the last time I've been filled with such outright derision/disdain for someone (with the exception of politics). The show used to be such an enjoyable part of my nightly routine, and to have it shit upon by this chucklehead just galls me.

i'm right there with you.  aside from the occasional bright spot ... Sunday/Saturday nights ... that show George did with the two alternative medicine people from AZ (content that good can't be messed up without REALLY trying) .... the show's been kind of a drag.  i'm also wondering how "healthy" it is that we've managed to put together pages of GEORGE NOORY SUCKS

valdez

Quote from: b_dubb on October 13, 2010, 09:19:20 AM

....i'm also wondering how "healthy" it is that we've managed to put together pages of GEORGE NOORY SUCKS
I've also thought about this, the possible bad karma involved in dumping on someone so much, however, George is a public figure who isn't doing a local yokel show out of Tupelo, Mississippi, but the inheritor of a great program with a huge fan base that have standards and expectations and his shortcomings are so glaring that ignoring them is impossible.  Perhaps if he allowed an occasional caller to tear into him, and he could defend himself and explain or justify his lameness, it would release a lot of the steam that builds up in forums such as this one, but as it stands he shields himself from criticism, Art, Ian, and Knapp won't say anything, and his beloved semiofficial fan site is run like a Stalinist state.  Many of us came to this site out of a strange impulse to type the words "George Noory sucks" into a search engine and hit enter.  It was not unlike the subliminal devil's Tower obsession in Close Encounters.  We have been drawn here.  But for what purpose?
     It's also important to note that I don't hate George Noory.  I've thought about running a poll and see what percentage of us do.  George has alluded to this site as a hate site and I would bet my last squirrel monkey that we don't.  We're just, for whatever reason, up late and choose to expand our minds with the possibilities and wonder of subjects far and wide, as oppose to zoning out listening to music, or listening to that boorish fool Neil Boortz (I swore off him about two years ago.  Yeah, I get it, you got a boat, and you play golf, and you drive a Mercedes, got it, great, now f**k-off).

MV/Liberace!

i've felt the same way at times.  at one point, i was worried that people who knew me only through this forum would think i'm some sort of deranged, blood thirsty maniac because of the things this buffoon was forcing me to say about him.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: valdez on October 13, 2010, 02:00:59 PM
     I've also thought about this, the possible bad karma involved in dumping on someone so much, however, George is a public figure who isn't doing a local yokel show out of Tupelo, Mississippi, but the inheritor of a great program with a huge fan base that have standards and expectations and his shortcomings are so glaring that ignoring them is impossible. 
i think from now on, we should continue using tupelo, mississippi for all <insert town here> gags.

or listening to that boorish fool Neil Boortz (I swore off him about two years ago.  Yeah, I get it, you got a boat, and you play golf, and you drive a Mercedes, got it, great, now f**k-off).
i also am annoyed by how marble mouthed he is. 

boortz is from the old school of talk radio where you heroically flame anyone who disagrees with you rather than have a civilized discussion with them in the course of defeating their argument.  he seems to take disagreement so personally.  ok, i know most liberals are fucking idiots, but jesus christ... when one calls up, you don't necessarily have to respond as though someone's just tossed a flash bomb into your tent. 

furthermore, neil claims to be a libertarian.  however, with even the slightest probing you'll find he isn't.  he supported the patriot act wholeheartedly.  he also supports an interventionist foreign policy.  it's fine if he wants to hold those beliefs... but i'm not sure where he gets off calling himself a libertarian in the course of doing so.  it must have been a tactical decision meant to differentiate himself from the other conservative talk hosts.  he's even out of alignment with the national libertarian party on one of the most pressing issues of this era:  immigration.  the libertarian party of the USA officially supports a wide-open, "minimally resstricted migration" across borders... one huge reason i don't support the national libertarian party any longer.

political parties are poison.  if i were dictator, i would make political parties of any form illegal, and i would invalidate the candidacy of any politician who announces an allegiance to any party.  politicians would no longer be able to hide their positions behind the cloak of a party's image or behind some broad brushed idea.  instead, people would be forced to listen to what politicians are saying on an issue by issue basis.  we'd have a more informed electorate.  blacks, despite actually being quite conservative in how they think and live their lives, would no longer mindlessly vote democrat at a rate of 90%.  republicans would no longer carry water for a president who expands the debt and devalues the dollar in defiance of every conservative republican teaching imaginable.  political money would become decentralized.  corruption would be mitigated as dishonest politicians would no longer have political party backing in the course of ethics probes.  regular people would have greater access to congressional seats due to the removal of party control over who gets to be a nominee. 

if only...

Strel

Quote from: valdez on October 13, 2010, 02:00:59 PMIt's also important to note that I don't hate George Noory.  I've thought about running a poll and see what percentage of us do.  George has alluded to this site as a hate site and I would bet my last squirrel monkey that we don't.

Absolutely  :D

Nobody hates the man - at least I hope not.  I surely don't. 

What I do hate is what he and his management have willingly done to Art's show.

Nothing more exciting than tuning into Coast to hear George enthusiastically discussing equity, mortgages and financing...zzzz...zzz...zzz...zzzz.  How entertaining...

What the fuck is up with that?

Also how come chocolate milk is so fucking good?

starrmtn001

Quote from: valdez on October 13, 2010, 02:00:59 PM
Quote from: b_dubb on October 13, 2010, 09:19:20 AM

....i'm also wondering how "healthy" it is that we've managed to put together pages of GEORGE NOORY SUCKS
I've also thought about this, the possible bad karma involved in dumping on someone so much, however, George is a public figure who isn't doing a local yokel show out of Tupelo, Mississippi, but the inheritor of a great program with a huge fan base that have standards and expectations and his shortcomings are so glaring that ignoring them is impossible.  Perhaps if he allowed an occasional caller to tear into him, and he could defend himself and explain or justify his lameness, it would release a lot of the steam that builds up in forums such as this one, but as it stands he shields himself from criticism, Art, Ian, and Knapp won't say anything, and his beloved semiofficial fan site is run like a Stalinist state.  Many of us came to this site out of a strange impulse to type the words "George Noory sucks" into a search engine and hit enter.  It was not unlike the subliminal devil's Tower obsession in Close Encounters.  We have been drawn here.  But for what purpose?
     It's also important to note that I don't hate George Noory.  I've thought about running a poll and see what percentage of us do.  George has alluded to this site as a hate site and I would bet my last squirrel monkey that we don't.  We're just, for whatever reason, up late and choose to expand our minds with the possibilities and wonder of subjects far and wide, as oppose to zoning out listening to music, or listening to that boorish fool Neil Boortz (I swore off him about two years ago.  Yeah, I get it, you got a boat, and you play golf, and you drive a Mercedes, got it, great, now f**k-off).

It isn't just that he refuses to improve himself and c2c, but he tries to push his belligerent ignorance in the face of the listeners (the few he has left).  Snoortard pushes his suckiness at us and we push it right back at him.  I do not feel one ounce of guilt for that.

Honestly, I only listen to him because it's the only radio station I can pick up at work on the third shift. It's fun to have on in the background, but I only listen to him at home if he actually has a guest who might say something interesting despite his idiotic questions like "What's going on out there? Something is happening!".

Quote from: MV on October 13, 2010, 02:56:10 PM
boortz is from the old school of talk radio where you heroically flame anyone who disagrees with you rather than have a civilized discussion with them in the course of defeating their argument.  he seems to take disagreement so personally.  ok, i know most liberals are fucking idiots, but jesus christ... when one calls up, you don't necessarily have to respond as though someone's just tossed a flash bomb into your tent. 

furthermore, neil claims to be a libertarian.  however, with even the slightest probing you'll find he isn't.  he supported the patriot act wholeheartedly.  he also supports an interventionist foreign policy.  it's fine if he wants to hold those beliefs... but i'm not sure where he gets off calling himself a libertarian in the course of doing so.  it must have been a tactical decision meant to differentiate himself from the other conservative talk hosts.  he's even out of alignment with the national libertarian party on one of the most pressing issues of this era:  immigration.  the libertarian party of the USA officially supports a wide-open, "minimally resstricted migration" across borders... one huge reason i don't support the national libertarian party any longer.

The problem with guys like Boortz and his ilk is that if you disagree with him, you must a liberal. Not always the case.

political parties are poison.  if i were dictator, i would make political parties of any form illegal, and i would invalidate the candidacy of any politician who announces an allegiance to any party.  politicians would no longer be able to hide their positions behind the cloak of a party's image or behind some broad brushed idea.  instead, people would be forced to listen to what politicians are saying on an issue by issue basis.  we'd have a more informed electorate.  blacks, despite actually being quite conservative in how they think and live their lives, would no longer mindlessly vote democrat at a rate of 90%.  republicans would no longer carry water for a president who expands the debt and devalues the dollar in defiance of every conservative republican teaching imaginable.  political money would become decentralized.  corruption would be mitigated as dishonest politicians would no longer have political party backing in the course of ethics probes.  regular people would have greater access to congressional seats due to the removal of party control over who gets to be a nominee. 

if only...

I'd agree with all this except at least political parties have to disclose their donors. It's the corporations and groups like the US Chamber of Commerce who are going to fill the void by doling out the money and not telling us where it's coming from.....including overseas.

b_dubb

its sad how the US Chamber Of Commerce became an extension of the Republican party and an extreme right version at that

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 15, 2010, 07:51:01 PM
its sad how the US Chamber Of Commerce became an extension of the Republican party and an extreme right version at that
If that's the case there's a reason for it. It's because the modern democrat party seems to have a visceral hatred for businesses that drive a profit. They view anything that isn't run by the government as being anti consumer. In other words, The positions the chamber takes today are almost purely reactionary. My problem with the national chamber of commerce is that they believe in free trade at any cost. In other words they are globalists who believe that we should outsource our entire workforce so long as it makes companies more competitive. They're not at all concerned with the declining american standard of living. So while the national chamber of commerce might in fact be representative of the republican party it is not representative of the republican party as a whole. It represents a very extreme wing of the republican party that is not supported by the populist tea party movement we're seeing right now. I got a big chocolate something to talk about the tea party years as extremist when in fact The tea party people are campaigning against the extremists within the republican party. That's why people like Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina Are going to get so little tea party support. They represent the type of republican the national chamber of commerce represents. Times are changing. I apologize for any grammatical errors in this text. I sent this message using voice to text on my phone.

robey1129

I was listenin' to the idiot on my way home from work last night and this caller comes on pushin' his new radio program "Truth Be Told". Gets my attention right off. He says their website is They Lied.com or something to that effect, designed to out people who cover up the truth. More attention.
So this guy, Bob, tells George how much he looks up to Snoory, then smoozes him by saying he really is a bigger celebrity than people like Brad Pitt and other famous actors. Then he asks Snoory to do a short spot he can air on his show: "I'm George Noory and you are listening to Truth Be Told radio", and Bore Brain agrees.
Well....nothing like blowin' your show's credibility right out of the shoot! Truth Be Told is all about the truth....but they can fudge it a little in exchange for some free publicity.

valdez

Quote from: robey1129 on October 16, 2010, 02:07:35 AM
I was listenin' to the idiot on my way home from work last night and this caller comes on pushin' his new radio program "Truth Be Told". Gets my attention right off. He says their website is They Lied.com or something to that effect, designed to out people who cover up the truth. More attention.
So this guy, Bob, tells George how much he looks up to Snoory, then smoozes him by saying he really is a bigger celebrity than people like Brad Pitt and other famous actors. Then he asks Snoory to do a short spot he can air on his show: "I'm George Noory and you are listening to Truth Be Told radio", and Bore Brain agrees.
Well....nothing like blowin' your show's credibility right out of the shoot! Truth Be Told is all about the truth....but they can fudge it a little in exchange for some free publicity.
theylie.com.  Some anti-zionist stuff, something about fluoride, gardening, Cindy Sheehan (I miss her so much), 911 truther stuff.  A harmless bunch.  Why not do a promo for them?  George sure was excited about it.  The NHZ is back (I missed them so much).  A city in China is abducted by aliens. 

Strel

Those who call in with praise are mostly cut from the same cloth:  The 60 year old barfly, staggering in after hours / The 40 year-old part time security guard (and WoW player) still living with his mother  / The stoner on disability whose last steady job was in 1985...

I don't hear too many Phil Plait types praising George...

The kid from Theylied played old George like a fiddle. Kissed his ass and then plugged like no tomorrow.

I can't tell which was worse......George saying "I can't believe all the different times in the world going on right now" referring to TIME ZONES!!! or Christian Wild singing "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Quote from: MV on October 16, 2010, 01:32:49 AM

It represents a very extreme wing of the republican party that is not supported by the populist tea party movement we're seeing right now. I got a big chocolate something to talk about the tea party years as extremist when in fact The tea party people are campaigning against the extremists within the republican party. That's why people like Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina Are going to get so little tea party support. They represent the type of republican the national chamber of commerce represents.

Except the Tea Party is heavily funded by two big oil boys in the Koch Brothers and politically manipulated by Dick Armey, and the US Chamber will gladly give money to Tea Party candidates as long as they can knock off Dems. The rankin file tea party person is being played like a puppet by a group who has mastered political manipulation since the early 90's. Nevermind the extremist social views of some of the Tea Party's finest.

It blows me away no one gives a crap about outsourcing. Say what you want about him, but John Kerry tried to talk about it in '04. Instead it was "terra, terra, terra....who cares if some Indians get a few telemarketing jobs".

Ruteger

Please, do not cry me a river. The Democrats have had a majority in Congress since 2006. They need not 1 single vote from a Republican to pass ANYTHING. Obama has taken more $ from Big Oil than ANY pol in the last 20 years. You need to find a new talking point. The Blame Bush thing has gotten very old.     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It represents a very extreme wing of the republican party that is not supported by the populist tea party movement we're seeing right now. I got a big chocolate something to talk about the tea party years as extremist when in fact The tea party people are campaigning against the extremists within the republican party. That's why people like Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina Are going to get so little tea party support. They represent the type of republican the national chamber of commerce represents.

Except the Tea Party is heavily funded by two big oil boys in the Koch Brothers and politically manipulated by Dick Armey, and the US Chamber will gladly give money to Tea Party candidates as long as they can knock off Dems. The rankin file tea party person is being played like a puppet by a group who has mastered political manipulation since the early 90's. Nevermind the extremist social views of some of the Tea Party's finest.

It blows me away no one gives a crap about outsourcing. Say what you want about him, but John Kerry tried to talk about it in '04. Instead it was "terra, terra, terra....who cares if some Indians get a few telemarketing jobs".

Quote from: Ruteger on October 16, 2010, 04:26:17 PM
      Please, do not cry me a river. The Democrats have had a majority in Congress since 2006. They need not 1 single vote from a Republican to pass ANYTHING. Obama has taken more $ from Big Oil than ANY pol in the last 20 years. You need to find a new talking point. The Blame Bush thing has gotten very old.     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um, ok. Show me where I even mentioned Bush, except in passing at his ability to dodge a legitimate issue?

I find it funny how people are so quick to want to erase eight years of history of a previous administration, especially when they never hesitated to blame the administration prior to that when it was politically expedient. Then again, if I were a partisan, I'd want to ignore the fact that many of the GOP leadership who are chomping at the bit to take over next year were the same ones that couldn't resist running up a big tab all under the oversight of Mr. Bush.

b_dubb

The Blame Bush thing has gotten very old.

you should get used to this.  Bush will be remembered as the guy who made Nixon look like a boy scout and Gerald Ford look like a rocket scientist. 

hugs,

b_dubb

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 16, 2010, 05:28:34 PM
The Blame Bush thing has gotten very old.

you should get used to this.  Bush will be remembered as the guy who made Nixon look like a boy scout and Gerald Ford look like a rocket scientist. 

hugs,

b_dubb
it's a bit difficult to say how history will judge bush.   just ask harry truman.  you think bush is hated today?  go talk to my grandmother about truman.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on October 16, 2010, 01:32:49 AM
If that's the case there's a reason for it. It's because the modern democrat party seems to have a visceral hatred for businesses that drive a profit. They view anything that isn't run by the government as being anti consumer. In other words, The positions the chamber takes today are almost purely reactionary. My problem with the national chamber of commerce is that they believe in free trade at any cost. In other words they are globalists who believe that we should outsource our entire workforce so long as it makes companies more competitive. They're not at all concerned with the declining american standard of living. So while the national chamber of commerce might in fact be representative of the republican party it is not representative of the republican party as a whole. It represents a very extreme wing of the republican party that is not supported by the populist tea party movement we're seeing right now. I got a big chocolate something to talk about the tea party years as extremist when in fact The tea party people are campaigning against the extremists within the republican party. That's why people like Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina Are going to get so little tea party support. They represent the type of republican the national chamber of commerce represents. Times are changing. I apologize for any grammatical errors in this text. I sent this message using voice to text on my phone.

i'll give you that there are people on the Left fringe who resemble what you've described here.  i'm a moderate democrat and a member of the local chamber of commerce.  i'd guess the reason an organization like the chamber (at national or local levels) would be skewed to the Right is because of tax issues.  when you make your own money, paying taxes hurts doubly so.  because when business disappears and you're penniless, it's not like there's a chance you'll get that money back to help float your business for a while till things improve.  no.  you're just SOL. that said ... people should maintain an emergency fund in case you hit a rough spot.

Quote from: b_dubb on October 17, 2010, 12:51:39 PM

i'll give you that there are people on the Left fringe who resemble what you've described here.  i'm a moderate democrat and a member of the local chamber of commerce.  i'd guess the reason an organization like the chamber (at national or local levels) would be skewed to the Right is because of tax issues.  when you make your own money, paying taxes hurts doubly so.  because when business disappears and you're penniless, it's not like there's a chance you'll get that money back to help float your business for a while till things improve.  no.  you're just SOL. that said ... people should maintain an emergency fund in case you hit a rough spot.

Many of the local Chambers have separated themselves from the US CoC (I was just reading about the Hudson Valley CoC disavowing themselves). I've talked to many members of the local CoC who pride themselves on the concerns of the small business owner, while the National one has become a political mouthpiece for the larger corporations.

Why are we having this nuanced discussion in the Noory sucks thread? We should only debate in Noory-isms....like "I don't know WHAT is going on out there.......but something is happening!".

b_dubb

i thought i posted this in the Random Nonsense thread.  my bad

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 17, 2010, 05:15:05 PM

i thought i posted this in the Random Nonsense thread.  my bad
no prob.  threads often go off course, but they resume themselves when the time is right.

anyway, george noory really sucks balls.

wvghost49

I have listened to C2C since the late 90's and must say the show has gone downhill. All the UFO subjects,Ghost stories, open lines,Cryptozoology are gradually being replaced with economics and politics. Whatever paranormal topics are on,tend to be dumbed down for a mainstream audience. I agree with a lot of peoples sentiments that George Noory has really dumbed the show down. However, I don't think George Noory runs the show, the producers do. I read the Rollye James email and it was really eye opening and informative on what goes on with corporate radio and why the show went down the tubes.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wvghost49 on October 18, 2010, 07:49:36 PM
  I have listened to C2C since the late 90's and must say the show has gone downhill. All the UFO subjects,Ghost stories, open lines,Cryptozoology are gradually being replaced with economics and politics. Whatever paranormal topics are on,tend to be dumbed down for a mainstream audience. I agree with a lot of peoples sentiments that George Noory has really dumbed the show down. However, I don't think George Noory runs the show, the producers do. I read the Rollye James email and it was really eye opening and informative on what goes on with corporate radio and why the show went down the tubes.
i think you're right on with this.  while george repeatedly demonstrates himself to be woefully vacuous in an unlimited number of ways, i agree that the producers/execs are running the show.  that's why they keep him on board.  he's malleable.  i'm sure he thinks it's because he's an immense talent.

oh, and welcome to the forums!

b_dubb

does George really suck this much?  or do we need to medication? 

discuss