• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Strel

Quote from: Marc Knight on October 01, 2010, 05:24:34 AM

I actually was embarrassed for George during that interview.  He knew nothing about the topic and was probably frustrated with the lack of information on Wiki as he was trying to conduct research for the show during the show.  Basic stuff that an elementary student would know about world current events was way over Noory's head.  Noory's interviews have further devolved to: "Really?"; "What?"; and the old stand-by: "How long have you been doing this?"

The only thing I can figure is that George must have some mighty big 'trash' on someone in the broadcasting business to continue to hold down that high-profile gig.  There's just no other rational explanation.

How is it possible that a man with a college education, Naval officer's commission and 30+ years of broadcasting has virtually no discernible real-world experience or wisdom, and a very limited vocabulary. How can a person reach 60 years of age and still not 'know' anything?

Can you imagine Art Bell asking a guest if "asteroids have a brain and know which side of the Earth to crash into?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Strel on October 01, 2010, 07:10:39 AM
Quote from: Marc Knight on October 01, 2010, 05:24:34 AM

I actually was embarrassed for George during that interview.  He knew nothing about the topic and was probably frustrated with the lack of information on Wiki as he was trying to conduct research for the show during the show.  Basic stuff that an elementary student would know about world current events was way over Noory's head.  Noory's interviews have further devolved to: "Really?"; "What?"; and the old stand-by: "How long have you been doing this?"

The only thing I can figure is that George must have some mighty big 'trash' on someone in the broadcasting business to continue to hold down that high-profile gig.  There's just no other rational explanation.

How is it possible that a man with a college education, Naval officer's commission and 30+ years of broadcasting has virtually no discernible real-world experience or wisdom, and a very limited vocabulary. How can a person reach 60 years of age and still not 'know' anything?

Can you imagine Art Bell asking a guest if "asteroids have a brain and know which side of the Earth to crash into?"
either he knows something about somebody, or he gives great head.

haha, that asteroid quote is a doozie.

for a possible explanation of george's ascension, see here:

Blowjob

The General

George kinda reminds me of Captain Kangaroo.

valdez

Wow.  This is beyond coincidence.  Besides the uncanny resemblance, Captain Kangaroo also had similar interviewing habits, such as finding himself completely lost, daydreaming, and, as in the 1970 interview pictured above with Mr. Moose (a huge star at that time, not unlike Oprah is today), where the good Captain asked, "there seems to be a growing interest in funny antlered animals who are able to talk, how come?", and "so one moose is called a moose, and a whole bunch of mooses is also called a moose?"

Quote from: Strel on September 30, 2010, 01:47:40 PM
I guess I'm jaded because I really used to enjoy RCH segments, I'd look forward to when he was on.  I didn't agree with his notion of artifacts on Mars, etc... but he was entertaining to listen to.  My opinion changed when he began to describe everyone working for NASA as out of touch or conspiratorial.  I remember one show when he said that NASA would either cut off or switch to pre-recorded tape before any images came back from satellites.  Even George didn't accept that.

The fact that's he's now saying that every celestial body from our moon out to the edge of the galaxy is 'strewn' with relics and ancient ruins (and the Gov. is hiding it all) is just too much...  He also seems very angry that real scientists and engineers won't take his ideas seriously.

He also went off on some tangent about how NASA was selecting launch dates and times based on astrological criteria. Who knew NASA was full of astrologers? This was years ago with Art. I think Art must genuinely like RCH because he tried to gently dissuade him and reason with him, but of course RCH would have none of it. After a few weeks he seemed to have dropped the subject though.

robey1129

It's all very simple really....all those relics and ruins strewn around the moon and Mars were left by Angels.

Strel

Quote from: general jamison johnson on October 01, 2010, 10:53:22 PM
George kinda reminds me of Captain Kangaroo.

That is uncanny!  As George says (every show), "there are no coincidences!"   8)

I was simply unaware Norry had an older / smarter brother.  The engineers at Coast should dump a box of ping-pong balls on his head every time he says "absolutely!"

b_dubb

HEY! What did Captain Kangaroo ever do to deserve this mistreatment?!!

I guess this is going back 15 years now but I remember when RCH was all about the 19.5°.  This magical number turned up everywhere you looked, and held incredible significance.  After awhile he forgot all about it.  Hyper dimensional physics!

valdez

Talking about space.  Robert Zimmerman is always cool, and knows how to handle George.  Robert Zubrin is a little too tightly wound, but I agree with him that we should stop piddling and get serious about a mission to Mars.  George unleashed this gem:  "that's the thing about the future, we're gonna have to come up with innovative ideas."   As oppose to a future with really crappy ideas that suck.

ItsJustKK

So last week George was interviewing some woman (don't really know who it was) and she was talking about the medical use of maggots to clean wounds. Pretty interesting...I'd never heard of it before. So George starts saying stuff like "Eeewww...yuk...that's disgusting." Then he asks the woman (paraphrasing), "If you were on an island and had no food, would you eat a bowl of maggots?" I was like...what? Where did that come from? What is he, a 10-year-old boy? She probably wished she could have ended the interview at that moment.

Then on the same show I believe, he said, (again, paraphrasing here), "What do you think an unborn baby is thinking when it's in the mother's womb? I don't think it's thinking anything. I think it's mind is a blank slate." To which I said aloud, "No George, your mind is a blank slate." Where does he come up with some of this shit? A better question, why do I continue to listen to the moron?

valdez

Quote from: ItsJustKK on October 05, 2010, 10:48:03 PM
..why do I continue to listen to the moron?
So that you can hear clowns like Richard Lawrence say that the star of Bethlehem was a UFO, and that Jesus was from Venus, and then sit back and enjoy the rigorous questioning by George Noory that would be expected after some idiot fool made such a claim.  Huh?  Wait a minute.  George is too busy charging though his list of questions, and landing his next snake oil endorsement, that he probably didn't hear what all was said.  O.K.  I'm sure about a few thousand listeners will jam the lines dying to get a piece of this Lawrence guy, and producer Tom will certainly allow one of them on the air.  Huh?  Sorry.  Not tonight.  But wait, George did manage to ask this question:
     "Have you ever read the Book of Urantia?"
     "No."
     "O.K."
     Was there a reason for the question, George?  Did it relate to anything being discussed?  Is there a chapter in there about Space Jesus?  Are you taking a survey of all your guest (because you've practically asked them all) to see who's read the Book of Urantia?  I'll save you the trouble.  Nobody's read the freakin' book.  Nobody's gonna read any book that's the size of a small car.  Period.

Strel

Quote from: ItsJustKK on October 05, 2010, 10:48:03 PMI was like...what? Where did that come from? What is he, a 10-year-old boy?

He certainly acts that way, although part of me is beginning to wonder if George is behaving that way deliberately; in order to jab at his critics and because for better or worse, saying those things has become his trademark.  He's the kind of man who believes there is no bad publicity.  As long as the limelight is shining on that hairpiece, all is right with the world. 

Bizarre non sequiturs and film/tv references are all you're going to get out of George.  Any honest attempt at interviewing guests was abandoned long ago.  He doesn't have to do anything now, so why should he? 

Quote from: ItsJustKK on October 05, 2010, 10:48:03 PMWhere does he come up with some of this shit?

George doesn't prepare for guests beyond reading the information given on their websites.  Again, that would involve work; effort.  Instead, he simply blurts out whatever comes to mind.  In his case that's very limited.

Quote from: ItsJustKK on October 05, 2010, 10:48:03 PMA better question, why do I continue to listen to the moron?

Because it is a train wreck, car crash, whatever metaphor you want to use.  It used to be enjoyable in an odd way; now it's just tedious. It's come down to sit, stare and interject "gosh" or "absolutely" after every other guest sentence.  Rinse and repeat.

b_dubb

how do you continue an interview with someone who insists that Jesus was from Venus?  that's time that can be spent on something worthwhile

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 06, 2010, 01:20:22 PM
how do you continue an interview with someone who insists that Jesus was from Venus?  that's time that can be spent on something worthwhile
particularly when there's plenty of debate raging out there as to whether jesus even EXISTED or not... but, no, let's up the ante by suggesting not only that he did exist, but that he was from FUCKING VENUS???????

holy christ in a car seat.

EvB

Quoteholy christ in a car seat.

They have car seats on Venus?

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on October 06, 2010, 03:42:43 PM
particularly when there's plenty of debate raging out there as to whether jesus even EXISTED or not... but, no, let's up the ante by suggesting not only that he did exist, but that he was from FUCKING VENUS? ??? ???

so does that mean Jesus wasn't circumcised?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 06, 2010, 04:55:21 PM
Quote from: MV on October 06, 2010, 03:42:43 PM
particularly when there's plenty of debate raging out there as to whether jesus even EXISTED or not... but, no, let's up the ante by suggesting not only that he did exist, but that he was from FUCKING VENUS? ??? ???

so does that mean Jesus wasn't circumcised?
i'd say there was no need for circumcision since 100% of his skin would have been entirely melted away by venus' acidic atmosphere.

just sayin.

valdez

"Do you think that one day, and if so when, you'll be able to download all of the information in somebody's brain, and then create another brain, and download the information into it, and then..that's it."

I don't know which I like best.  The "if so when" part, that comes across so serious and official, or the sudden and befuddled, "that's it", at the end?   Kevin Warwick, who was on to talk about robotics, just laughed, at that, and at many other of George's carefully crafted, and sometimes repeated twice, questions.

robey1129

Actually, to show how limited of a brain Captain Kangasnoory has...he just said this on Sept. 27th: "If you downloaded all your memories into a chip and then downloaded that into a clone of you...you would probably think that you were you."
Tonight he has someone with the name "Core Love" who claims to have had 300 near death experiences (not 299, mind you). Where do they get these people?
Somethin' tells me this is gonna be a real laugh fest.

b_dubb

maybe Jesus developed his magical healing powers so that he could continually regenerate tissue damaged by the extreme conditions of Venus.  only to have his freshly regenerated foreskin mercilessly cut off again by a mol. 

holy heck that sounds like living hell.  sorry i brought it up

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 07, 2010, 10:02:51 PM
maybe Jesus developed his magical healing powers so that he could continually regenerate tissue damaged by the extreme conditions of Venus.  only to have his freshly regenerated foreskin mercilessly cut off again by a mol. 

holy heck that sounds like living hell.  sorry i brought it up

ringthane

Ok, so it took me awhile to realize how bad Snoory was and how the show has devolved since 2003.

There are some guests that Snoory just butchers -- guys like Michio K. George brings every Snooryism to an interview like that.

Occasionally, Snoory surprises me. Like tonight, with Erich von Daniken. It wasn't awesome, wasn't even very good, but it wasn't the crap I've come to expect from him. It was decent.

I almost have to wonder if Premier forces Snoory to cater to a baseline 5th grader intellect.

Overall, Snoory sounded mostly intelligent, pretty enthusiastic with von Daniken tonight.

Oh, and one revelation I had tonight regarding the split/floating format the show has been using the last year or so (I know, this isn't a stunning revelation) --

The shows are getting split up simply because Snoory is a terrible interviewer. The guy can't maintain 3 hours of questions. As it stands now, he recycles the same questions over the span of an hour, there's no way he could stretch that over 180 minutes + another 60 of call-in questions.

valdez

George was so excited about his Erich Von Daniken interview that he plopped him in a floating format following freaky boy Core Love.  I always get Von Daniken confused with J. Allen Hynek.

Erich von Daniken

b_dubb

Quote from: valdez on October 08, 2010, 05:35:40 AM
     George was so excited about his Erich Von Daniken interview that he plopped him in a floating format following freaky boy Core Love.  I always get Von Daniken confused with J. Allen Hynek.

Erich von Daniken

here's an easy way to keep Hynek and Von Douche separate in your thinking: Hynek was an actual scientist where Von Douche was an asshat opportunist

starrmtn001

Quote from: ringthane on October 08, 2010, 03:09:20 AM
Ok, so it took me awhile to realize how bad Snoory was and how the show has devolved since 2003.

There are some guests that Snoory just butchers -- guys like Michio K. George brings every Snooryism to an interview like that.

Occasionally, Snoory surprises me. Like tonight, with Erich von Daniken. It wasn't awesome, wasn't even very good, but it wasn't the crap I've come to expect from him. It was decent.

I almost have to wonder if Premier forces Snoory to cater to a baseline 5th grader intellect.

Overall, Snoory sounded mostly intelligent, pretty enthusiastic with von Daniken tonight.

Oh, and one revelation I had tonight regarding the split/floating format the show has been using the last year or so (I know, this isn't a stunning revelation) --

The shows are getting split up simply because Snoory is a terrible interviewer. The guy can't maintain 3 hours of questions. As it stands now, he recycles the same questions over the span of an hour, there's no way he could stretch that over 180 minutes + another 60 of call-in questions.

I find it interesting how the exodus of c2c listeners who were either pro-snoory or just on the fence has increased by leaps and bounds over the years.  Even the most stubborn, hardcore loyalists are having to admit they have indeed been duped.  A rude awakening?  Oh yes.  But the term "better late than never,"  never had a better application.