• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

ShayP

Quote from: ge30542 on May 10, 2016, 09:42:03 PM
The athletes are very humble, you rarely, if ever, hear of scandals in the NHL.
Well, except for Patrick Kane tryin to get laid.

...and Dino Ciccarelli beating the shit out of cab drivers, bartenders and random passers by.  LOL!

I agree though.  Hockey players do seem to be more humble.  Comparatively to other sports....not many issues.

ShayP

ge30542

Correcting my previous post, Stars out tonight, Preds out TOMORROW night.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on May 10, 2016, 11:51:20 PM
...and Dino Ciccarelli beating the shit out of cab drivers, bartenders and random passers by.  LOL!

I agree though.  Hockey players do seem to be more humble.  Comparatively to other sports....not many issues.
Ah Dino. Fond memories. Go Caps (next year, as always!)
Go Stars!!!

ge30542

Quote from: albrecht on May 11, 2016, 03:30:12 PM
Ah Dino. Fond memories. Go Caps (next year, as always!)
Go Stars!!!
Albrecht, being a Blues fan is kinda like being a Cubs fan.
Based on the last several years, I'm not totally confident/optimistic at this moment.
Fortunately I'm at work currently, cause being home and watching the game would be pretty stressful.
Go Blues

akwilly

I am very happy and somewhat surprised to hear Doc calling the game. Thought he would have taken today off and call tomorrow's game.

akwilly

Damn I wasn't expecting the game to be so one sided. I guess though like most folks in Dallas if you hit them  in the mouth they tend to curl up in the fetal position.

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on May 11, 2016, 07:56:36 PM
Damn I wasn't expecting the game to be so one sided. I guess though like most folks in Dallas if you hit them  in the mouth they tend to curl up in the fetal position.
Willy, we did hit them in the mouth, didn't we?
I'd say we Effed them in the arse too!

Taco Bell

Talk about shitting the bed.

ge30542

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 11, 2016, 10:42:20 PM
Talk about shitting the bed.
A 5 goal discrepancy at HOME, in a game 7?

ge30542

What does it say about people, (like me), who live or die by their teams.
Had StL lost tonight, i'd be in a shit mood, at work no less, but instead, I'm flyin tonight. Havin a great night at work.

akwilly

Quote from: ge30542 on May 11, 2016, 11:30:57 PM
What does it say about people, (like me), who live or die by their teams.
Had StL lost tonight, i'd be in a shit mood, at work no less, but instead, I'm flyin tonight. Havin a great night at work.
awesome. I envy you for having a team that you can root for like that. I still don't have a favorite team mostly because I'm still relatively new to NHL hockey. Once I find a team that has some Anchorage Aces on their team than I will follow them. For now I'm just a huge Doc and Pierre fan.

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on May 11, 2016, 11:42:13 PM
awesome. I envy you for having a team that you can root for like that. I still don't have a favorite team mostly because I'm still relatively new to NHL hockey. Once I find a team that has some Anchorage Aces on their team than I will follow them. For now I'm just a huge Doc and Pierre fan.

He loves the Doc

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on May 11, 2016, 11:42:13 PM
Of Doc & Pierre are your guys, then you must root for either LA, CHI, WASH or PIT.
Those are the teams Doc roots for, and the teams Pierre services "behind the glass".       *wink wink*

It was a good night for the NHL. When they disallowed the goal for phantom "offside" I thought we were doomed for sure. Then after that second goal, one minute later everything was ok.

ge30542

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 12, 2016, 12:35:26 AM
He loves the Doc
No doubt, none better than Doc Emerick.

ge30542

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 12, 2016, 12:53:11 AM
It was a good night for the NHL. When they disallowed the goal for phantom "icing" I thought we were doomed for sure. Then after that second goal, one minute later everything was ok.
(43 seconds)

ShayP

Quote from: ge30542 on May 11, 2016, 02:14:52 AM
Let me hear ya say Go Blues!

Blues vs. Pens were my pick for the cup final.  :D

akwilly

I don't think the Blues will have much trouble with whoever they face in the next round. But if they have to face Pitt for the cup they are screwed

akwilly

Quote from: ge30542 on May 12, 2016, 12:52:59 AM
Of Doc & Pierre are your guys, then you must root for either LA, CHI, WASH or PIT.
Those are the teams Doc roots for, and the teams Pierre services "behind the glass".       *wink wink*
I wish I could get on board with Vancouver but I went to a game there a few years ago and it was boring as crap.(early regular season and had box seats)

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on May 12, 2016, 01:01:33 AM
I wish I could get on board with Vancouver but I went to a game there a few years ago and it was boring as crap.(early regular season and had box seats)
Vancouver was a great team for years bout, what, 3-4 years ago.
Luongo in net. They were playoff team each year.

ge30542

Did the Preds miss their flight?
This is all sharks.

Taco Bell

7, can we get 7 goals tonight?

akwilly

All I wanted was some game 7s but crap they were one-sided. Can't wait to hear doc and Pierre call the next round

ge30542

Okay Willy, Conference Finals, game 1, PIT - TB, maybe we'll get OT.

ge30542

I'm curious to see who JR & Keith Jones pick n the West.

ge30542

My bracket has PIT coming out of he East, but it wouldn't bother me to see TB.

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on May 13, 2016, 07:14:28 AM
All I wanted was some game 7s but crap they were one-sided. Can't wait to hear doc and Pierre call the next round
the recent games were bad, especially for folks like me who had some loyalities. Jeez. Caps were great all season but, being Caps, "do what they do" (to use a Norryism) post-season. Stars? Again mostly all good all season and, yeah, missing a star player, but the goalies to fall apart like that? After spending so much $$ on them. Management needs to have a talk. Ugh. I guess I will go for Blues. Sorta like, as previously mentioned, everyone will root for the Cubs and everyone hates the Yankees.