• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Barack Obama, the President of America

Started by Rudolf Zlabinger, August 20, 2014, 08:51:36 PM

I initiate this new topic, as the interests in the primal Topic "ISIS today:'we will drown all of you in blood" was changed to a discussion about President Obamas behavior and properties.

Its interesting from a social dynamic point of view: Barack Obama seems to polarize you, only strong personalities generally do that, it´s a normal phenomenon for the profiled behavior of a man in the public, you should consider that.

It confirms what I think about Obama, it is a man, who hardly could be indifferent to people, either they hate him or they agree with him. And that you can see around the world where he is present.

You have a strong President, you should be proude of him, at least for being profiled that amount.

Excuse me, that I chip in a matter that should not concern to me as an outsider, but it concerns to me in fact. Its not indifferent to me, how the most mighty man in the world acts especially in trouble spots in my geographical neiborhood. And I already said it, I am grateful to him for resisting against that islamistic terror brigades, not really interested in his special motivation, why he does it. (I saw deep regret in his face in the media to have to break his mainline to keep a peaceful world.)

Especially now, as he gave a strong impulse to the European politics "already" becoming active to contribute against the dangerous development in middle east. I hope deep in my heart, that, late enough, we, the Europeans begin to defeat our interests ourselves without burdening our responsibilities to your country, you already did really enough for the world in the near past, whatever outcomes may been in the end, you hardly tried to make it the right way and that alone counts for me.

If you are interested in this discussion furthermore, please post.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Rudolf Zlabinger on August 20, 2014, 08:51:36 PM
I initiate this new topic, as the interests in the primal Topic "ISIS today:'we will drown all of you in blood" was changed to a discussion about President Obamas behavior and properties.

Its interesting from a social dynamic point of view: Barack Obama seems to polarize you, only strong personalities generally do that, it´s a normal phenomenon for the profiled behavior of a man in the public, you should consider that.

It confirms what I think about Obama, it is a man, who hardly could be indifferent to people, either they hate him or they agree with him. And that you can see around the world where he is present.

You have a strong President, you should be proude of him, at least for being profiled that amount.

Excuse me, that I chip in a matter that should not concern to me as an outsider, but it concerns to me in fact. Its not indifferent to me, how the most mighty man in the world acts especially in trouble spots in my geographical neiborhood. And I already said it, I am grateful to him for resisting against that islamistic terror brigades, not really interested in his special motivation, why he does it. (I saw deep regret in his face in the media to have to break his mainline to keep a peaceful world.)

Especially now, as he gave a strong impulse to the European politics "already" becoming active to contribute against the dangerous development in middle east. I hope deep in my heart, that, late enough, we, the Europeans begin to defeat our interests ourselves without burdening our responsibilities to your country, you already did really enough for the world in the near past, whatever outcomes may been in the end, you hardly tried to make it the right way and that alone counts for me.

If you are interested in this discussion furthermore, please post.
RZ, first, welcome aboard!

Second, I am a proud supporter of the President.  No, I do not think he's perfect, but he's the best I've seen in my 44 years on the planet.

The General

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 21, 2014, 05:26:22 PM
Second, I am a proud supporter of the President.  No, I do not think he's perfect, but he's the best I've seen in my 44 years on the planet.

wut

he's the best I've seen in my 44 years on the planet.

Who's the best in the years you weren't on the planet?

Not like there has been stiff competition.  Let's run through them:

Below Average:

Bush II -- Destined to haunt "worst President" debates forever.  An unqualified disaster for the country.
Carter -- A good man out of his depth.
Ford -- His only qualification was his willingness to pardon Nixon.

Average:

Nixon -- Brilliant politician, whatever good he did undone by scandal and the Vietnam war.
Bush I -- the George Siefert of Presidents.

Above Average:

Clinton -- Another brilliant politician whose achievements were stained by scandal.
Reagan -- Political ideology aside, one of the most effective Presidents in history.

I'd place Obama somewhere in the average to above average ranking.  Depends upon what he does in his remaining time in office and what effect his policies eventually have.

jazmunda

From another foreign perspective I think Obama has been a disaster and cannot be categorized as a strong president as my esteemed college from Europe (?) above points out.

I can't speak for Domestic policy but his Foreign policy of inaction and blunders is nothing short of incompetent and portrays the USA as weak.

The fact that the US is now irrelevant as part of the peace process in the Middle East is a cluster fuck. I guess part of that blame sits with John Kerry who probably would have been an even worse president than Obama.

For fucks sake I think Hilary would do a better job than Obama.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 06:02:33 PM
The fact that the US is now irrelevant as part of the peace process in the Middle East is a cluster fuck.

And what part of the Middle East are you referring to?  Israel vs. Everyone, which has been going on since five seconds after Israel became sovereign 66 years and 12 Presidential administrations ago?  Or in Syriraq, where the borders have broken down and the USA is the only country that can stop the Islamic State? 

Or perhaps you meant Iran.  If so, how was the USA irrelevant and is irrelevant in halting their uranium enrichment program, again?

I would agree that it would have been better for Hillary to rule from 2009 through 2017 and then let Obama take the chair.

aldousburbank

Holeeeeeeshit! That's freekin awesome man! Do you still have one of those Obama/Whoever bumper stickers on your Prius?  Heh, just funning with you ese. I'm all still upinto Peace and Love and Junk so...

But since you were alive in the 70's, what about Ford? Or do you prefer foreign models?  :-X

jazmunda

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 21, 2014, 06:11:40 PM
And what part of the Middle East are you referring to?  Israel vs. Everyone, which has been going on since five seconds after Israel became sovereign 66 years and 12 Presidential administrations ago?  Or in Syriraq, where the borders have broken down and the USA is the only country that can stop the Islamic State? 

Or perhaps you meant Iran.  If so, how was the USA irrelevant and is irrelevant in halting their uranium enrichment program, again?

I would agree that it would have been better for Hillary to rule from 2009 through 2017 and then let Obama take the chair.

It's starts with Israel and his alienation of the US' only true ally and only democracy in the ME. There was a time when the US was at the forefront of peace talks, negotiations and they held some sway. Now they have taken a backseat and John Kerry is seen as laughing stock.

If Obama had taken action in Syria and not left the Iraqi's high and dry then IS would never have taken such a foothold in those countries. You can argue about whether the US should be the world's police or blame Bush for the mess to begin with but it is what it is and Obama bailed and in the vacuum IS was born.

Obama can't be blamed for Iran. While the world twiddles it's thumbs on Iran well we'll see what happens there. Stay tuned.

In my eyes Obama's presidency has been a failure but what does my vote count for. Nadda. Having said that the options on the other side aren't much better.

George Noory for President!

Quick Karl

The fact is, George Noory WOULD make a better President than Obama - at least George loves America.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 06:27:33 PM
It's starts with Israel and his alienation of the US' only true ally and only democracy in the ME.

Israel has used that relationship to say "fuck you" to any requests to stop the building and expansion of settlements.  That act is inherently destabilizing to peace in the area, but Israel doesn't give a fuck.  They dared Obama to oppose it, and he has.  The Clinton days you so fondly remember were times when Israel was led by men like Rabin, Peres, and Barak.

Who the fuck cares if Netanyahoo feels alienated?  If he's so buttsore, let him renounce US aid.  Should we be enabling the existence of Israel without any say in their behaviour?  Fuck Netanyahoo.

If Obama had taken action in Syria and not left the Iraqi's high and dry then IS would never have taken such a foothold in those countries.

Yeah, that might be true.  And if we hadn't spent a trillion dollars fighting an idiotic war in Iraq, we might have had the money and the stamina to not elect a leader who ran on a platform of drawing down the US presence and withdrawing.  But that's not what happened.  The US economy is in terrible, awful shape and Obama was fulfilling the mandate he was given by the people who elected him.  He didn't "bail," that is fucking nonsense.

Just how many places on the planet can the USA afford to have a perpetual military presence, anyway?  Does it not make sense to try and reduce that, particularly in the ME where the USA is loathed and reviled?  Our very presence in the ME is what got Osama binLaden riled up enough to put 911 in motion.  You know that, right?  The spots in the ME that sport the most extreme versions of Islamic fundamentalism are areas where the West (including the USA) exploited the area for years.  You knew that, right?

I always get a chuckle out of people who have no fucking clue about the history of the region going back further than 911, opining about how we "should" have done this or that.  What we should have done is use the trillions of dollars we have pissed away protecting our oil supply and used it to develop alternative energy sources here in the USA.  Then, let the fuckin Chinese get hooked on oil and have to take care of mopping up that shit.  And let me tell you, the Chinese don't fuck around.  They'd skin those cocksucking terrorists alive.  They'd make what happened to that reporter look like a French kiss.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2014, 06:24:26 PM
Holeeeeeeshit! That's freekin awesome man! Do you still have one of those Obama/Whoever bumper stickers on your Prius?  Heh, just funning with you ese. I'm all still upinto Peace and Love and Junk so...

But since you were alive in the 70's, what about Ford? Or do you prefer foreign models?  :-X
I grew up near NYC in CT; the headline of the New York Daily News said it all:

"Ford to City: Drop Dead".
[attach=1]

I am suspicious of Ford from the Warren Commission, but I believe he fell on a sword to help the country get over Watergate.  Plus, he didn't really like Reagan.

And I love foreign models...

jazmunda

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 21, 2014, 06:50:56 PM
Israel has used that relationship to say "fuck you" to any requests to stop the building and expansion of settlements.  That act is inherently destabilizing to peace in the area, but Israel doesn't give a fuck.  They dared Obama to oppose it, and he has.  The Clinton days you so fondly remember were times when Israel was led by men like Rabin, Peres, and Barak.

Who the fuck cares if Netanyahoo feels alienated?  If he's so buttsore, let him renounce US aid.  Should we be enabling the existence of Israel without any say in their behaviour?  Fuck Netanyahoo.

Yeah, that might be true.  And if we hadn't spent a trillion dollars fighting an idiotic war in Iraq, we might have had the money and the stamina to not elect a leader who ran on a platform of drawing down the US presence and withdrawing.  But that's not what happened.  The US economy is in terrible, awful shape and Obama was fulfilling the mandate he was given by the people who elected him.  He didn't "bail," that is fucking nonsense.

Just how many places on the planet can the USA afford to have a perpetual military presence, anyway?  Does it not make sense to try and reduce that, particularly in the ME where the USA is loathed and reviled?  Our very presence in the ME is what got Osama binLaden riled up enough to put 911 in motion.  You know that, right?  The spots in the ME that sport the most extreme versions of Islamic fundamentalism are areas where the West (including the USA) exploited the area for years.  You knew that, right?

I always get a chuckle out of people who have no fucking clue about the history of the region going back further than 911, opining about how we "should" have done this or that.  What we should have done is use the trillions of dollars we have pissed away protecting our oil supply and used it to develop alternative energy sources here in the USA.  Then, let the fuckin Chinese get hooked on oil and have to take care of mopping up that shit.  And let me tell you, the Chinese don't fuck around.  They'd skin those cocksucking terrorists alive.  They'd make what happened to that reporter look like a French kiss.

You win the name calling and making assumptions about people's knowledge and qualifications award. No point debating with people like you who don't respect others opinions and can't have a civil discourse. I won't waste my time.

It's starts with Israel

Let me tell you something else about Israel.  Everyone screeches about those goddamn Muslims and how they let themselves be led around by the nose by their religion.  What about the fuckin Jews?  They decided that they just HAD to have their homeland in the middle of the shithole of the world.  It doesn't matter that they haven't had a nation there for 2500 years, or that it's the worst fuckin spot on the face of the Earth (other than Detroit) to have their nation.  No-sirree.  It had to be THERE, because it's fuckin holy.

Here's what the USA should have done: bought Baja California from Mexico (or just stole it like we did with 1/3 of Mexico back in the 1840's).  It's about the same climate and land mass as Palestine was.  Lots of coastline, and right next door to their bestest buddie the good ol' USA.  Then, they should have scraped the top six inches of soil from the Holy Land and covered Baja California with it.  Presto!  The new Holy Land.  I mean, it's not fuckin holy all the way to the center of the Earth, is it?

With Israel in the western hemisphere and driving around electric cars, we could safely ignore the ME.  Other than oil and Israel there isn't anything in that area worth two fucks.  Bunch of goddamn primitives who can get busy slaughtering each other because the other guy's version of Islam is only 99.95% similar to their own. 

Maybe it's not too late.  Let's elect Hillary and demand that she put the DPS manifesto for the ME into motion.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 07:01:53 PM
You win the name calling and making assumptions about people's knowledge and qualifications award. No point debating with people like you who don't respect others opinions and can't have a civil discourse. I won't waste my time.

Point out one place where I called you a name.  Go ahead.

As for making assumptions about what you know, I asked a couple of times if you knew those things.  How is that making assumptions?  If you are aware of them, it certainly hasn't shown up at all in your opinions, which I find fairly astonishing, since you're basically complaining that we're not making the same mistakes all over again.

jazmunda

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 21, 2014, 07:09:26 PM
Point out one place where I called you a name.  Go ahead.

As for making assumptions about what you know, I asked a couple of times if you knew those things.  How is that making assumptions?  If you are aware of them, it certainly hasn't shown up at all in your opinions, which I find fairly astonishing.

You are very aggressive in your style and I won't be baited as easily as others. I simply won't debate someone whose debating tactics are so hostile and antagonistic.

aldousburbank

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 21, 2014, 06:51:20 PM
I grew up near NYC in CT; the headline of the New York Daily News said it all:

"Ford to City: Drop Dead".
[attach=1]

I am suspicious of Ford from the Warren Commission, but I believe he fell on a sword to help the country get over Watergate.  Plus, he didn't really like Reagan.

And I love foreign models...
I give you two points for the basic post, plus 1.14159 etc for the pie pic, for a total of, well, Pi. Bravo!

aldousburbank

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 21, 2014, 07:06:50 PM
Here's what the USA should have done: bought Baja California from Mexico (or just stole it like we did with 1/3 of Mexico back in the 1840's).
Without Wikitweeking it, I seem to recall that Gen. Santa Ana stole it after we paid him a miserly price for the land south of the Gila River, to the present border. Anyway, they done since stole it back amigo.

Gd5150

The bitter hatred for the sitting US president has been par for the course since Nixon. Ford was the only one that wasn't too polarizing and that's because he was irrelevent. Democrats hated and despised Reagan, HW Bush, and W Bush equally. Republicans hated Clinton and now Obama. Using your reasoning that would make them all equally great presidents. Some were great, some were lucky, and some are destroying the US economy and foreign policy at this moment.

As for rating a presidents performance, it cannot be done objectively for at least 50 years after they leave office.

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2014, 07:31:26 PM
Without Wikitweeking it, I seem to recall that Gen. Santa Ana stole it after we paid him a miserly price for the land south of the Gila River, to the present border. Anyway, they done since stole it back amigo.

I believe you're thinking of the Gadsden Purchase.  That was land which is in present day Arizona and New Mexico.  Santa Anna did sell that to the USA after returning to power in Mexico for the billionth time, but he never tried to retake it by force.  As for Baja California, there was at least one rouge American who tried to take over the territory around this time.  In addition to the land purchased in the Gadsden Purchase, the USA offered to buy other land, including Baja California.  Santa Anna, channeling Jazmunda, was put off by Gadsden's "antagonistic" manner and refused to sell any anything else.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 07:13:29 PM
I simply won't debate someone whose debating tactics are so hostile and antagonistic.

Good for you, buddie.  I like a man who sticks to his principles.  And the cherry on top is that you were getting creamed anyway, so it's sort of a win-win for you to bug out like that.

Quick Karl

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 21, 2014, 08:30:45 PM
Good for you, buddie.  I like a man who sticks to his principles.  And the cherry on top is that you were getting creamed anyway, so it's sort of a win-win for you to bug out like that.

Says nitwit's even more immature (as if that was even possible) alter-ego...

Quick Karl

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2014, 07:31:26 PM

Didn't the Spaniards steal it from the aboriginals?

Oh wait - they were Spaniards. It's cool then...

Quick Karl

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 07:13:29 PM
You are very aggressive in your style and I won't be baited as easily as others. I simply won't debate someone whose debating tactics are so hostile and antagonistic.

Its not a matter of being baited - it more like feeding them their own medicine, which they clearly do not like.

What is really stunning though, is the self-appointed intellectually superior participants that support them. But that says everything there is to say...

The second you make a point that exposes the flaws in their dogma, its name-calling time.

jazmunda

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 21, 2014, 08:30:45 PM

Good one sunshine. Karl creams you daily so I'll leave it to him.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
Karl creams you daily so I'll leave it to him.

Pig fuckers of the world, unite!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 21, 2014, 08:45:53 PM
Didn't the Spaniards steal it from the aboriginals?

Oh wait - they were Spaniards. It's cool then...
I think the Apaches moved in on the O'odham who farmed the land scattered with the remains of the Hohokam who came before them. So let's see, after that came the Friars and Conquistadors looking for the Lost Cities Of Gold. Thank gawd for the current almighty desert sprawlburbs which now adorn the land, sucking up the aquifers for the sake of golf courses and landscaping and the freedom for which they stand. One nation, and their dogs, subdivided, with cable and satellite and DIY cooling misters for all. Amen.

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 21, 2014, 08:44:21 PM
Says nitwit's even more immature (as if that was even possible) alter-ego...

WTF??  Hey Pig-Anus, didn't you just tell us a couple of days ago that there was no lower form of life than a quitter?  Didn't you beat yor chest 'n huff and puff that there's nuthin' you hate more than a goddamn quitter?

Jazmunda just QUIT the debate, Pig-Anus!  You should be on him like flies on a ribroast.  He's a-one-a them gol-durn QUITTERS that sucks Satan's greasy cock every hour on the hour!  Why aren't you stomping his guts out???

Oh, I get it...he's entitled to quit, because I'm a leftist, or something.  You have no objective set of values, do you Pig-Anus?  Everything a neocon says is farted out the ass of God, and everything a liberal (ewww) says is bullshit and subject to condemnation.

Does that about cover it, Pig-Anus?

jazmunda

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 21, 2014, 09:51:00 PM

Jazmunda just QUIT the debate, Pig-Anus!  You should be on him like flies on a ribroast.  He's a-one-a them gol-durn QUITTERS that sucks Satan's greasy cock every hour on the hour!  Why aren't you stomping his guts out???

Not quitting. Just not debating with unskilled debaters who resort to infantile name calling and attacks in order to "win". When you grow up and can have a civil discourse then perhaps I can have a discussion of the issues with you. Until then you can continue with your childish tactics. Stop playing the man and start discussing the issues otherwise you just look the fool.

Quote from: Rudolf Zlabinger on August 22, 2014, 12:10:56 AM
Do you mean "Wut" in German or W00T? For the latter I would say thx.

I think it was short for 'what the fuck?'