Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: BellBoy on September 02, 2015, 03:37:10 PM
Groupthink? No, we don't.

Oh my, you're so vicious and vaguely lovable. 2.0

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 02, 2015, 03:14:51 PM
Did you ever catch the WDCD (Wanton Display of Control and Disruption) show on WBCQ back in the early 2000s, Duke?  Their shows were wild and crazy audio collages assembled from all kinds of off the wall sources, and I really enjoyed those that I heard.  I have a couple of them on CD that they sent me years ago in exchange for one of my CDs, and I still play them every so often when I'm in the right kind of receptive mood.

Sounds familiar, although I would never have remembered the name of the show.  Back in the late 90s when I listened to BCQ a lot, you were liable to hear damn near anything on there at anytime.  Strangest thing I remember was some old geezer playing a Wurlitzer organ from his home, asking for listeners to call in with requests.  I was sorely temepted to call him to request "In A Gadda Da Vida", but was afraid he's have a stroke, right there on the air trying to play it.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 02, 2015, 04:32:50 PM
Sounds familiar, although I would never have remembered the name of the show.  Back in the late 90s when I listened to BCQ a lot, you were liable to hear damn near anything on there at anytime.  Strangest thing I remember was some old geezer playing a Wurlitzer organ from his home, asking for listeners to call in with requests.  I was sorely temepted to call him to request "In A Gadda Da Vida", but was afraid he's have a stroke, right there on the air trying to play it.

Ha!  I liked that one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlwtgaQZYDI

BellBoy

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 02, 2015, 04:30:01 PM
Oh my, you're so vicious and vaguely lovable. 2.0

Sorry, sometimes I forget we play to a "varied" audience...

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 02, 2015, 03:59:43 PM
I'm confused about what Art and Keith want this show to be.  Are they wanting to create a big terrestrial radio show or a subscription based podcast?  I guess both?

If you need more money, guys, just add more commercials.  We won't mind.

(Smiley face pounding head against wall)

Like you know, like maybe if had more listeners, advertisers would like pay more for like ads.

Art already told us what he wants from us....   Bellgabbers help with Social media blitz 2.0

WhiteCrow

Quote from: PaulAtreides on September 02, 2015, 04:36:30 PM

Yikes... you're so vicious and vaguely lovable.

You've earned a bold ... Relax sonny boy and get out and generate some revenue for Art

AppealPlay

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 02, 2015, 04:39:22 PM
(Smiley face pounding head against wall)

Like you know, like maybe if had more listeners, advertisers would like pay more for like ads.

Art already told us what he wants from us....   Bellgabbers help with Social media blitz 2.0

I hear you but if he added more commercial time at the same rate he would still make more money and would open up more terrestrial affiliates which previously balked at the low commercial time.

There's a writer at Newsweek, Polly Mosendz, who has in the past written articles about radio personalities.  No clue how one would contact her but Art and his radio history might make a good piece for her or another publication?

TigerLily

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 02, 2015, 03:42:47 PM
No not clear enough yet.... Get going and start Media Blitz 2.0 to generate revenue so Art can hire more staff to implement your great ideas and most important, Art and Keith can hire more staffer so they don't get frustrated with work load and hang it up again.

(Smiley face herding cats)
My suggestion for MEDIA BLITZ 2.0
1. Identify like-minded media outlets: paranormal and sci-fi fansites, tv shows, tv stations, paper and e-fanzines.etc.
2. Barrage their Facebook and Twitter accounts (set up your accounts under pseudonyms if you want to maintain bunker-mentality privacy). 
3. Some examples: GoT, Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, Huffington Post "weird" section, SciFi channel, H2 channel.
4. Report here progress, ideas who to hit.

I'll do my part and will bring bandages for the cat-herding

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 02, 2015, 04:35:10 PM
Ha!  I liked that one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlwtgaQZYDI

This episode and the one where Bart goes to France as an exchange student are my two favorite episodes in the history of the series.

I thought the show last night was pretty good.  The callers were a lot of fun, especially that lady who said she was scared listening on her back porch, too bad the break came up I wanted to hear how bad she'd been.  I'm looking forward to hearing Peter Davenport as some of my favorite classic shows involved him and Art just talking about the UFO phenomenon and what it could all mean.

This cat is willing to be herded anywhere as long as it means MITD stays on the air.

Queen

Well. If we all recall back when Art retired the first time and mike took over the show he stated then He didnt want to be in the public eye anymore but ddnt want what he created to fail. Maybe thats why when coast failed under mike he came back till dave took it over and now that dave is ruining it and art cant fix it so hes doing a smaller gig on the internet btw that is growing. Every night on the tune in ap there are more people listening. Art loves being a talk show host. Millions of listeners or not.

I still would like to hear ONE night of art bell only. No guests no callers just Art and the mic and he can read the best ghost stories and make comments. Just ONE time.

By the way, if you've never seen it you have to watch the drummer starting at 6:25.  That guy is fricken' crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4&list=RDUIVe-rZBcm4#t=8

Queen

Quote from: jazmunda on September 02, 2015, 03:05:29 AM
http://artbell.com/wed-sep-2-peter-davenport/

I have been listening to Peter Daveport report on Art's show for nearing 20 years and I have never seen a photo of him. I always imagined him to look different.

I expected him to look really fat with shaggy long gray hair or something. Wow.  Nothing like i expected lol.

Ms. C

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 02, 2015, 05:11:26 PM
By the way, if you've never seen it you have to watch the drummer starting at 6:25.  That guy is fricken' crazy.

+1
(thanks for the memory ... Excellent excellent excellent!!!!!)

Art Bell

As always I want to thank all of you who have helped so much with the show. We have only been on a short time and do not have the power of a large Corporation, nor do we want it. I would rather have the time for content and fun. Some shows will be great, some not as much just like the old days. People only remember the good, it's what our brains do.

One thing is clear, our sound. Despite the groans tha education I am doing about Skype is starting to work and the result is evident for all to hear.

Art

gabrielle

Every show has been far superior to anything else out there.  It is so good to have you back Art.

AppealPlay

Quote from: gabrielle on September 02, 2015, 05:27:41 PM
Every show has been far superior to anything else out there.  It is so good to have you back Art.

This!  Even the worst Art Bell show kicks C2C's ass! ;D

Tom Leykis is discussing this very topic (subscriptions for podcasts of live show) at blowmeuptom.com

jazmunda

A NEW GabCast is coming your way tonight!!
Wednesday, September  2, 2015
@ 5PM Pacific - 8PM Eastern

Join us live in the chat & listen to the stream here: http://ufoship.com/chat/

Call the show: 623-242-(CAST) 2278
Skype call: The.Gabcast

You can follow GabCast on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thegabcast

Twitter: @TheGabCast

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on September 02, 2015, 05:18:46 PM
One thing is clear, our sound. Despite the groans tha education I am doing about Skype is starting to work and the result is evident for all to hear.

Art

Let me know if you ever need help testing out multiple callers for the Skype lines in a non-time critical show setting.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: gabrielle on September 02, 2015, 05:27:41 PM

This. Absolutely. So much better than anything else even when the guest is lackluster. Plus the added bonus of Hoagland's amazing interviews afterwards is making for some really enjoyable nights.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 02, 2015, 05:39:13 PM
This. Absolutely. So much better than anything else even when the guest is lackluster. Plus the added bonus of Hoagland's amazing interviews afterwards is making for some really enjoyable nights.

And Rossy is engaged! Took your suggestion... Made the best show so far last night! Amazing!

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 02, 2015, 05:39:13 PM
I have a pretty decent stereo so it sounds as if Art is personally visiting me every night.  Thanks, Art, for dropping by!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2015, 05:53:11 PM
And Rossy is engaged! Took your suggestion... Made the best show so far last night! Amazing!

Yes, and I became the first Bellgabber to get a personal shout out from Hoags. I heard that, looked at my doob and wondered if it was laced.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Skunk Ape on September 02, 2015, 04:04:20 PM
I have 35 minutes left in the podcast, and unless he totally loses it within this time, I'd say this was a good show.

I make the trip up to Savannah a few times a year so I'm aware of some of the stories and locations, it was a creepy show.

Now if we can get a St. Augustine ghost hunter with EVPs I'll pack up all of my recording equipment and make the 2-hour drive ASAP.

Good show, Art.

I've seen some crazy stuff in St. Augustine.

zeebo

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 02, 2015, 05:28:24 PM
This!  Even the worst Art Bell show kicks C2C's ass! ;D

Ahem, no MITD show is worse than another ... although some are better than others.   ;)

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 02, 2015, 05:57:08 PM
Yes, and I became the first Bellgabber to get a personal shout out from Hoags. I heard that, looked at my doob and wondered if it was laced.

I like RCH...when I called in the other day it just felt like nice people to talk too...something familiar not intimidating... I'm a fan now! Rossy keep up the great work, brother!

RCH started with morbid curiosity into a legitimate Paranormal "talk show". It's really a talk show in a traditional sense...RCH is the Paranormal Oprah!

coaster

I may have criticized last night's guest, but Art is and has been the greatest radio I've heard. I may question a guest's material, but that is not a slight on Art or his show.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 02, 2015, 05:11:26 PM

When ever I see this video, my mind goes back to when Major Ed was on C2C and remote viewed missing Iron ButterFly musician Phil Kramer. Ed and Art are talking on air to Phil Kramer's sister, Kathy Kramer, about what happened to Phil.

Kathy Kramer: My brother... I don't know... there are so many ways that this can go. That is one of the things that is so confusing about it... because of my brother's involvement with (indecipherable)... because of the reference to OJ Simpson and the 911 call... because of being Iron Butterfly... because of the number of business involvement's that he had... because of his behavior the last few weeks before he disappeared. Was it mental illness? It's enough to drive you crazy and so, what you're saying, it's a curious thing to me that with the clearance that he had... I work right near LAX and you go to lounges over there and hear people talk about this stuff.

Dames: Let's get back to the basics. The basics are that your brother was involved in a relationship. He knew the people in the van with him and one of those people pulled the trigger on him in his own car and transported the body to Montana. That is... my company stands by it. We have other information but that information we will have to pass to you and law enforcement officials privately.

Bell: Alright, Ed, how should the chronology of that go? In other words, should you speak first with law enforcement or concurrently with Kathy.

Dames: Concurrently.

Phil Kramer's body was found near Malibu CA, just miles from his home, no foul play suspected.

MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - Human remains found inside the wreckage of a
minivan that plunged down a 200-foot ravine are those of a rock
musician missing since 1995, police said.
The 1993 Ford Aerostar matches the description of a van driven by Iron
Butterfly bass player Philip ``Taylor'' Kramer, who was believed to be
driving his van when he disappeared Feb. 12, 1995.

Kramer, who was 42 when he disappeared, was last seen leaving his
Thousand Oaks-area home to pick up a friend at Los Angeles International
Airport.

He achieved fame in 1975 as a singer and bass player with Iron
Butterfly, which had several incarnations with various band members.