• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Art Bell

Trial by Wormhole, hmmm I like it.

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on August 29, 2015, 03:51:35 PM
Well I got Skype figured out, a day late. I know people wanted Paranormal stories but in a show with a Jury it's just tough to ask them that BUT I will give it a try.

I like trying new stuff, sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. But if you never try new stuff you just end up doing the same old thing, I will keep experimenting.

Art
Art, be sure to feel free to post and ask us bellgabbers to help test something like multiple Skype callers over the weekend like a special test event like you had before, so you won't have to wait to try and test something technical like that live on the air like last night?

Morgus

After listening to the "Truth or Trash" show from last night, I got the feeling that some of the callers with stories that claimed at the end their story was "true" were lying about that, one was even kind of laughing when he said it.  Wish they had some kind of independent truth confirmation!

Also might be fun if there was some kind of reward to the jury members that got the most correct picks?
At least give each a running total of points for correct picks and give the highest some title at the end of the show?

gabrielle

Quote from: Art Bell on August 29, 2015, 05:13:38 PM

Brilliant...to be accompanied by the sounds from hell if the story teller is found guilty

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on August 29, 2015, 05:13:38 PM
and throw the lying storyteller in the wormhole at the end?  8)

gabrielle

Quote from: Morgus on August 29, 2015, 05:28:50 PM

Throw the caller in Mel's hole?

wr250

Quote from: Morgus on August 29, 2015, 05:28:50 PM

toss the lying storyteller into a portal to the "other late night show"
GNS

gabrielle

Quote from: wr250 on August 29, 2015, 05:39:21 PM
GNS

the "other side" of midnight.... :)

wr250

Quote from: gabrielle on August 29, 2015, 05:41:33 PM
the "other side" of midnight.... :)

no the one with bad dave.

Morgus

GNS
yep a wormhole is supposed to be a portal to a "different universe"  8)

gabrielle

Quote from: Morgus on August 29, 2015, 05:44:29 PM
yep a wormhole is supposed to be a portal to a "different universe"  8)

Beleeef it or not..I was making a joke....the other show is on the other side....the DARK side......

starrmtn001

GNS
Yikes!  Guess I won't be telling you any tall tales wr250. :o

wr250

Quote from: gabrielle on August 29, 2015, 05:46:26 PM
Beleeef it or not..I was making a joke....the other show is on the other side....the DARK side......
uhn-bee-leafable

Morgus

Maybe the wormhole punishment should be reserved for the callers that claim their story is true at the end but we can tell by listening that the caller is still lying about it - I think there is at least a couple of those last night, like the "tranny" storyteller? ;)
Ask the jurors to vote for ultimate wormhole punishment - requires a unanimous vote?

ItsOver

Quote from: wr250 on August 29, 2015, 05:42:29 PM
no the one with bad dave.
Ouch.  Cruel and unusual punishment.  Death from boredom.

gabrielle

Quote from: ItsOver on August 29, 2015, 05:58:12 PM
Ouch.  Cruel and unusual punishment.  Death from boredom.

and force fed vitamins and tumeric

ItsOver

Quote from: gabrielle on August 29, 2015, 06:01:22 PM
and force fed vitamins and tumeric
With a Carnivora chaser.  Bad, bad...

Freyja

The seeming truth of the matter is that both live TV and radio are pretty much a thing of the past today as compared to even a decade ago, unless it is some unprecedented live event. However that said, for years now, even those events have been recorded by PVR's or people just catch up to what they have missed when they have time and want to and/or find it on the net somewhere.

Streaming something live for free, or broadcasting anything live on TV or radio just isn't a huge draw in this new landscape.

The airwaves, the net, cable, satellite etc., today have more media is this genre than ever before.

The "market" for audience, I would expect has never been more competitive that it is now, today....and much of it is offered free, 24/7 and a lot of what is out there isn't bad if not down right good.

So, other than our love and reverence for Art, the history and memories we have with him and our delight in whatever he chooses to do...what differentiates MITD for others, who know nothing about Art, know nothing that we know, to get them to tune in, subscribe and promote?

I think this may be the largest question.

My recommendation to Art is to stay true to yourself.

You stated you came back with MITD to have FUN....so do just that. Have who you want on your programs, do them they way you want to do them and have the best broadcast days you have ever had!!...enjoy every second....and know that your long time listeners will support you, listen and enjoy every second, although we will probably have some constructive criticism, however ignore that/consider and do what you want to do.

It also seems on FB that you have stated that you are happy with the subscription rate ( although I'm sure it always could be better), so as long as you are not loosing $$ and hopefully making some, which you more than deserve, just kick back and do what you do best and have FUN doing it.

I don't know if that is enough for you, however my wish for you Art is to have the time of your life doing MITD until you no longer wish to do it.

Don't compete with the world....just put out what you want to put out there, what is of import to you and enjoy every moment of it.

You have proven success in doing just that...it's a great formula all the way around IMHO.

malliard

ya but it is only fun after you turn a profit... these guys invested big...

Freyja

Quote from: malliard on August 29, 2015, 06:15:28 PM

What guys? Profit has nothing to do with fun....or at minimum it shouldn't be a major factor if honest.

malliard

keith and art... they had to build the studio

albrecht

I think we need a dedicate Gabblers to attend baseball and football (or whatever kind) games wearing a rainbow wig and carrying a MITD sign and always get on tv.

gabrielle

Quote from: albrecht on August 29, 2015, 06:25:58 PM
I think we need a dedicate Gabblers to attend baseball and football (or whatever kind) games wearing a rainbow wig and carrying a MITD sign and always get on tv.

NFL podcast with Eddie Dean is on right now.

Paradox

Most recent comments:
". . .A lot of people don't like PayPal for whatever reasons and therefore won't subscribe. They want to run a business, they should have credit card payments available.

He's running an internet show, of course he's not going to get nearly the same numbers as if he were on terrestrial radio with hundreds of affiliates. If he wants to get bigger he's got to learn to compromise. Allow for more commercial air time so more radio stations will pick up the show. Instead of paranormal news every half hour radio stations could run commercials in those spots. People listening online could still hear the paranormal news and on radio they would hear the station's commercials. Heck! My local station doesn't even run the Coast commercials. They run their own and very often they run into the show." Shared from an anonymous source.

Freyja

Quote from: malliard on August 29, 2015, 06:25:52 PM
keith and art... they had to build the studio

So what? Of course they did. They must have had some "business plan", projections with ROI or just to break even and do their thing and hope it grows with all benefits.

castromiller

Quote from: malliard on August 29, 2015, 06:15:28 PM
That's not necessarily true, if you love what you are doing then it should always be fun even when you don't turn a profit.  When you are following your passions like Art is with radio then making money is a happy side effect.

Hog

Tonights Somewhere In Time starts in 10 minutes:

Art Bell: Somewhere in Time journeys back to January 28, 1999, when Art was joined by Linda Moulton Howe who shared an interview she did with a retired sergeant about a UFO triangle report from 1989. Art also opened a special anti-Christ line after reports from Jerry Falwell who said the anti-Christ was on Earth and that Christ's return was less than ten years away.

peace
Hog

Disheartened

Quote from: Art Bell on August 29, 2015, 03:51:35 PM
Well I got Skype figured out, a day late. I know people wanted Paranormal stories but in a show with a Jury it's just tough to ask them that BUT I will give it a try.

I like trying new stuff, sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. But if you never try new stuff you just end up doing the same old thing, I will keep experimenting.

Art
I really enjoyed last night's show. It was fun to play along with truth or trash.

AppealPlay

Quote from: gabrielle on August 29, 2015, 05:37:32 PM
Throw the caller in Mel's hole?

Truth or trash on Mel's Hole?

I wonder if he's still alive.  I know Art said he had taken ill while living down under.

I'm going to go listen to the old interviews on YouTube now.

albrecht

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 29, 2015, 07:18:23 PM
Truth or trash on Mel's Hole?

I wonder if he's still alive.  I know Art said he had taken ill while living down under.

I'm going to go listen to the old interviews on YouTube now.
From what I could recall the last show he was back from Australia, lost his money gained from the government sale of the Hole, in a divorce and on a wombat rescue facility, and was hitchhiking on the West Coast and had a missing time event in which he later woke up sans belt-buckle in the Tenderloin district in SF (his belt buckle was made with the magic/mysterious dimes that proved something or other about the Hole and time travel.) I hope he is doing well though and comes back on for an update!