• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Merchant Gal on December 29, 2010, 07:13:40 AM
This information more or less makes sense, tho.  Art had screened calls the last time he was on,  October I bellieve, and that was weird right there. 

On 12-21, at 09:44am,  I posted on the FF Board that I felt that The Powers That Be had wanted Art to compromise in some way and he told them to stuff it.

If the quote from Fort Rock is true, and it sounds strange enough to BE true, especially the part about the  smarmy so-called Producers having the power to tell ART BELL what he can say and whom he can have on ...... then Art DID tell them to stuff it and is likely still hopping mad over the whole thing. 

This leads to what other have said here, about Art making a comeback of some kind, under his own terms and conditions.  I, for one, cannot wait fro that day, and I believe that it WILL happen.

Second only to clowns, this is Noory's worst nightmare.

Vatar

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on December 29, 2010, 01:48:21 AM
...That is absolutely fucking nuts. If any of that true, I will forever boycott this show and discourage people I know who listen to it to stop listening.

I stopped listening to C2C when George took the reigns, so if Art is making a comeback on his own I can only be pleasantly surprised.  For now I just curl up with my shoutcast and listen to the coast gab stream.

FortRock

To Marc Knight:
Very much so about this potentially George Noory's worst nightmare! I went back and scanned over George's Christmas Eve show, and I would welcome those out there to do the same, there was this tension in his (George's) voice all night. When he talked about Art's departure, it was not respect, fear for his health, but I heard in his voice a serious and palpable worried dread being repressed.

Bosco

Quote from: Fort Rock on December 29, 2010, 01:19:57 AM
I've gotten some information from a reliable source here in Los Angeles why Art quit Coast! George Noory has become very overly concerned about his legacy, and his connections within Fundamentalist Christianity. As such acting through Stan Gallante, Tom Danhuiser, George's Producers have done the following. Firstly even though Art is still nominal Executive Producer of Coast, Gallante and Danhuiser have been given by Clear Channel Stations power to veto which guests Art has when he substitutes for George. Secondly Art can no longer have unscreened calls under any condition, another Clear Channel demand for the show. Thirdly Art cannot allow any discussions which would cause listeners to question George Noory's belief in the End-Times, Book of Revelation type of faith as intellectually false. This all came down on Art as a package demand around late June of this year!

WTF...Art is Executive Producer of Coast and Snoory is dictating terms to him ?

ArtBellFan

Art is NOT Executive Producer of Coast , where did that rediculous notion come from?

Bosco

This is what I would love to hear during this years annual New Years eve prediction shows, and I hope it happens more than once a night !

I would hope some callers (each night) call in and tell the call screener some prediction in order to get on the broadcast.

When it is their turn to be on live, they give their true prediction...something like " I predict in 2011 that C2C will continue to lose listeners because of Noory's ineptness and the show will be canceled " ...or..." I predict in 2011 that Art Bell will return to radio with his own show and cause the demise of C2C"

My fingers are crossed.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: Bosco on December 29, 2010, 02:33:20 PM
...something like " I predict in 2011 that C2C will continue to lose listeners because of Noory's inepyness and the show will be canceled " ...or..." I predict in 2011 that Art Bell will return to radio with his own show and cause the demise of C2C"

My fingers are crossed.

That would truly be EPIC.

Queen

The problem with that is they are on a delay system so once u start going on about art the call is droped. The pluse side to that is, if every one does it they wont have any phone calls LOL.

My question is, Art is the creator of this program along with a few other people. Is it possable for them to find loop holes and reclaim the show? I hate lawyers lol. But it sounds like they need to get a good one if Art really wants to come back on the air and take over C2C again.

Another thing. Art said George gets it.  Apart from the move to LA art seemed to like George and George has showed him a lot of respect over the years. I wonder if the show would be the same way had Noory never took the show to LA. How much LA is involved with this show?  you know what im saying??

FortRock

I've just got a nibble in this area which could mean something, or not? I checked www.unknowncountry.com, and in the "Whitley's Space" section Whitley posted just one line, "I'm going on vacation, Dreamland will be pre-taped". "I'm going on vacation", no mention of Anne Strieber going, they've NEVER vacationed apart, I'm a reporter for the site, I should know! I've emailed Whitley and Anne 3 times since the news broke, without an answer. Could Whitley be joining Art in a War Councel going on in say Pahrump? I feel something DEEP in my bones!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NIN on December 29, 2010, 03:45:10 PM
The problem with that is they are on a delay system so once u start going on about art the call is droped. The pluse side to that is, if every one does it they wont have any phone calls LOL.
a broadcast audio delay only has X amount of buffer time from which to draw.  standard used to be 7 seconds.  today, 40 seconds of delay buffer is average.  they are using a system that scrapes time from between sentences/words in order to build the buffer back up after it's been used, but that can only be done so quickly.  if enough dumps occur in a short enough period of time, they will run out of audio buffer and have no choice but to either cut to dead air (which must be done in real time and is thus impractical and useless) or let it all fly.  if it's the latter, let the party begin.

Seriously, why hasn't anyone called into the show and asked what's going on? That'd be the most direct way to put an end to these rumors. Either they have to address it or they'll censor which confirms or at least strengthens a lot of these rumors.

ArtBellFan

Just listened to the Jan. 01, 2011 show and Whitley states that he is spending New Years with good friends and his beloved wife Anne, we always do a champagne toast at Midnight.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 29, 2010, 02:27:07 PM
Art is NOT Executive Producer of Coast , where did that rediculous notion come from?
i think this is a worthy question to ask.  good luck getting an answer.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on December 29, 2010, 04:17:29 PM
Seriously, why hasn't anyone called into the show and asked what's going on? That'd be the most direct way to put an end to these rumors. Either they have to address it or they'll censor which confirms or at least strengthens a lot of these rumors.
you used the key word: rumors... and annoying ones at that since NOBODY is naming their sources.  you'd think we're breaking watergate here or something.  it's a fucking talk show, people.  jesus christ.  this thread is annoying me... yet i keep coming back to it.  wtf is wrong with me?

ArtBellFan

Quote from: MV on December 29, 2010, 04:27:57 PM
you used the key word: rumors... and annoying ones at that since NOBODY is naming their sources.  you'd think we're breaking watergate here or something.  it's a fucking talk show, people.  jesus christ.  this thread is annoying me... yet i keep coming back to it.  wtf is wrong with me?

;D Was wondering the same thing. :o

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on December 29, 2010, 04:27:57 PM
and by the way... sorry if i sound like an asshole here or something, because i certainly don't want to.  i guess maybe i'm fatigued and easily annoyed at the moment.  or... perhaps my frustration with this thread is justified and reasonable.  who knows.

FortRock

WTF? It's your bones talking in a way they've not done in the past! I think everyone here is having a syncronous experience here, bones or psychic. They've talked about the Princeton Random Numbers Generators being affected by mass will. I would loved to monitor this in relationship to this. We're all Art Bell insiders here, we grok Art, we know that something is happening, we know when Art is planning to flex his broadcasting muscle. It's beyond hope, it's a knowing!

starrmtn001

Quote from: Fort Rock on December 29, 2010, 05:22:33 PM
WTF? It's your bones talking in a way they've not done in the past! I think everyone here is having a syncronous experience here, bones or psychic. They've talked about the Princeton Random Numbers Generators being affected by mass will. I would loved to monitor this in relationship to this. We're all Art Bell insiders here, we grok Art, we know that something is happening, we know when Art is planning to flex his broadcasting muscle. It's beyond hope, it's a knowing!

Just checked the GCP Dot after reading this.  It's blue (at the moment). ;)

ArtBellFan

Quote from: minnehan on December 27, 2010, 09:14:37 PM
Just noticed that tonight's C2C show is on the Shroud of Turin AGAIN.  They just did a segment on it last week!  Is it just me, or is C2C really BAD lately?  Seems like they are in a serious tail spin, going down down down.

I think I am just extra pissed that Art isn't doing his prediction show, in the first time in what? ... forever?   I was really looking forward to it.  Just isn't the same without Art.

I know Art floats his residence between Manila and the States.... any idea when he was planning to return to Nevada for a while?

Anyone here know an email address that would personally reach Art?  I'd just like to personally thank him and let him know he missed and appreciated.

thx.
artbell@mindspring.com or artbell@aol.com

PABellFan

Quote from: california_ham on December 26, 2010, 07:41:56 AM
I think that the best way for Mr. Bell to get back into the talk show biz would be for him to talk to Glenn Beck, and Beck's production company: Mercury Radio Arts.

Who else is better qualified than Glenn Beck to know how to handle a wildly successful, but "quirky' radio personality such as Art Bell?  Maybe Beck could hire Kitchen to manage Art's show.

I read through this thread with some slight interest - sad to hear about Art, skeptical that he'd return in any form. However, seeing the above post, I SIMPLY HAVE to play devil's advocate.

I am also a big Glenn Beck fan. Beck does his three-hour terrestrial show each day (accompanied by internet-only video) followed by his sidekicks doing an internet-only hour from noon to one EST. Beck also does a lot of his own video programming with his GlennBeckTV internet thing, and seems to want to branch out/broaden his horizons a bit. Recently he announced that there will be a FIFTH hour of programming when his show resumes after the holiday on January 3rd. No info on a host, other than that the audience would be pleased. Not sure how this would pass muster with Clear Channel/Premiere, but there you go. Have at it.

aquagoat

I must confess to hearing Noory's "he is winding down, folks" soliloquy (does anyone EVER REALLY listen to him?) and first thought was a concern for Art's health - but after following the thread all week, I've come around to believing in the conventional train of thought and namely that is of a rift 'tween Art and the present conducters at Coast.   Once you get away from their accepted school of thought , it's easy to see that train's left the station   -Well, Choo-choo cha-boogie away Georgie, you gold-hawking, fear-mongering back-stabbin' bump-in-the-night.  Put me down as being in the camp that sez a New night-train is a-coming, come to reclaim the airwaves!!

Silent

Quote from: PABellFan on December 29, 2010, 09:22:40 PM
I read through this thread with some slight interest - sad to hear about Art, skeptical that he'd return in any form. However, seeing the above post, I SIMPLY HAVE to play devil's advocate.

I am also a big Glenn Beck fan. Beck does his three-hour terrestrial show each day (accompanied by internet-only video) followed by his sidekicks doing an internet-only hour from noon to one EST. Beck also does a lot of his own video programming with his GlennBeckTV internet thing, and seems to want to branch out/broaden his horizons a bit. Recently he announced that there will be a FIFTH hour of programming when his show resumes after the holiday on January 3rd. No info on a host, other than that the audience would be pleased. Not sure how this would pass muster with Clear Channel/Premiere, but there you go. Have at it.

I remember reading about Beck making comments on Art and did a quick search to find exactly what he said.  I wasn't able to find that but did find this:

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/videos/?uri=channels/390088/1050451

I believe this is what brought up Art on the show to begin with from what I gather but the full show isn't available for free.  Interesting UFO video regardless.

awguy

It will be interesting to see if Ian says anything on the show tonight about Art's whereabouts. After all, the predictions show was the only One Art did EVERY year.

coastfan

Even if Art does come back with his own show, how will he get stations to compete with Coast? Aren't a lot of Coast affiliates airing the show only because they're forced to in order to get Rush in the a.m.?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: coastfan on December 30, 2010, 12:17:46 PM
Even if Art does come back with his own show, how will he get stations to compete with Coast? Aren't a lot of Coast affiliates airing the show only because they're forced to in order to get Rush in the a.m.?

hypothetically, contract renegotiation.  Enough affiliates remember the power of Art to own the night.

Bosco

Quote from: Fort Rock on December 29, 2010, 01:19:57 AM
I've gotten some information from a reliable source here in Los Angeles why Art quit Coast! George Noory has become very overly concerned about his legacy, and his connections within Fundamentalist Christianity.

Art Bell's legacy (in part) is the huge audience and loyal fan base worldwide at C2C.

George Snoory's legacy will be he destroyed C2C.

Art can always rebuild his audience......

FortRock

I just got off the telephone with someone who would be in the know. As many here remember Art talking about a Pahrump friend of his named Karen.  Karen Jackson is the lady Art sold KNYE-FM to, before he left to Manila. I had a very short conversation to ask her about the situation, and I got the distinct impression she knows plenty, and isn't talking. I got a major media "I've got some information, but no comment at this time" type of response. She was also very shut down on saying anything more than "no" with the above attitude. Top this off with the inability to get an email response from Whitley or Ann Strieber within a 24-hour period, when I've never had this problem before regardless of time of year, also I've tried a couple more times to reach Alan Corbeth without luck. Something is going on, and we're facing I think a serious information blackout, as in something is going on right now they cannot talk or comment, for fear of tipping off the Coast Production Office. Also as to the affiliate contract issue, my source has told me that all affiliates have demanded and recieved an "out", if Art returns to the air with his own competitor show, they can drop George Noory's version of Coast with just one week's warning!  I think George is facing a major nightmare, THAT'S my Ian Punnett prediction for 2011! But I don't think they'd let that one on the air, do you suppose?

mib12890

Quote from: Fort Rock on December 30, 2010, 04:19:38 PM
I just got off the telephone with someone who would be in the know. As many here remember Art talking about a Pahrump friend of his named Karen.  Karen Jackson is the lady Art sold KNYE-FM to, before he left to Manila. I had a very short conversation to ask her about the situation, and I got the distinct impression she knows plenty, and isn't talking. I got a major media "I've got some information, but no comment at this time" type of response. She was also very shut down on saying anything more than "no" with the above attitude. Top this off with the inability to get an email response from Whitley or Ann Strieber within a 24-hour period, when I've never had this problem before regardless of time of year, also I've tried a couple more times to reach Alan Corbeth without luck. Something is going on, and we're facing I think a serious information blackout, as in something is going on right now they cannot talk or comment, for fear of tipping off the Coast Production Office. Also as to the affiliate contract issue, my source has told me that all affiliates have demanded and recieved an "out", if Art returns to the air with his own competitor show, they can drop George Noory's version of Coast with just one week's warning!  I think George is facing a major nightmare, THAT'S my Ian Punnett prediction for 2011! But I don't think they'd let that one on the air, do you suppose?

So if you think Art is collaborating with these people in some way to create a new radio program, do you think he will move back to Pahrump or stay in Manila? I'm sure he still has all of his satelllite uplink/studio equipment at his house, so he wouldn't have to fool with setting all of that up again.

FortRock

All the electronics used to air the show from Manila are property of Coast / Premire Radio, and are leased cost-free to Art to do the show. If Art chose Manila, the electronics would have to be replaced by those of who ever is the new broadcast organization. BUT Karen was wwwaaayyy to tight lipped like Art could have been sitting in the same room with her! Karen was tight as a Marine Corp Band snare drum as I talked!  As to my call, first the station did not answer, then 5 minutes later was a busy line, THEN I got Karen on the line. What radio station deals with phone traffic like this, UNLESS?