• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

Quote from: anagrammy on May 06, 2011, 02:28:05 PM
Definitely - it is an event that is recorded in a straight-forward manner without the magnification and distortion of paparazzi type media distortion.

Anagrammy

Check out this episode. Paracast, not Binnall.

b_dubb

the worst part of LMH is that the answers to her questions are rehearsed and canned.  very canned.  and seem very ingenuine.  if not out and out bullshit

re: the Aztec crash ... the local Native Americans who tell Whitey about the UFO crash cover up ... maybe the Native Americans were just fucking with Whitey?  maybe?

anagrammy

Not only is LMH pretaped, she is usually READING into the tape, so there's a double insult to the news profession.  That's why I found her Aztec report to be such a contrast.

I think she's sick to death of bleeding cows and who wouldn't be after all these years.  How much can you milk a bleeding cow anyway?  I met a guy at one of the conferences who said he had made the cow mutilation story his life work.  I questioned him periodically (I am attracted to weird people) throughout the weekend and learned that he sleeps in an electromagnetically protected bed and has --you aren't going to believe this it is so trite-- a helmet to protect his brain from his cell phone.

"Unfortunately," he said sadly, "this prevents the aliens from communicating with me telephathically, but you have to choose your priorities, you know?"  and he looked at me for understanding.  "Of course, of course," I nodded.   It's a choice we all face...on a daily basis.

He had actually run circles around LMH with the research.  He had charts and graphs and charts of charts and graphs of graphs.  There were slides and lines and arrows and dots connected to a swirling vortex of hyperbole beyond my wildest expectations.  More legal fun than I've had anywhere recently, to be sure.

So LMH just isn't into it.  She's phoning it in most of the time and so is George, so they're like a pair of old folks.  Wha?  Wha?  Did you say wha?  Wha did you say?  Wha? So you said wha first?  No I said "Where"  OK, So what did you see where?  Wha?

Anagrammy

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on May 07, 2011, 06:54:18 PM
they're like a pair of old folks
George? You took the Blue Pill?  Oh for fuck sake George ... why did you take the Blue Pill?  Oh God not the Blue Pill?!!

fysisist

She just keeps re-hashing the same old sh!t, over and over.  Some of this stuff is so old news that people born post-1980 have never heard of it, but it's old news just the same.  The Aztec UFO crash and the Guy Hottel FBI memo are a perfect example.  The Hottel memo was obtained by Bruce Maccabee through FOIA back in the 80's.  I think he included it in his book "UFO / FBI Connection".  Old news.  There have been numerous books written on Aztec and Rendlesham.  What she does is interview all these people over the phone, records it all, then goes back and edits it to fit her story.  Ever hear her interview with Michio Kaku on C2C?  It was so obviously edited to fit her context and to support her conclusions that I'm really surprised Kaku didn't go after her publicly.  Too bad, her early work was good stuff, A Strange Harvest, etc.

b_dubb

i think the whole paranormal thing has been done to death.  stick a fork in it.  unless someone finds some actual evidence

anagrammy

Quote from: fysisist on May 09, 2011, 01:44:55 PM
She just keeps re-hashing the same old sh!t, over and over.  Some of this stuff is so old news that people born post-1980 have never heard of it, but it's old news just the same.  The Aztec UFO crash and the Guy Hottel FBI memo are a perfect example.  The Hottel memo was obtained by Bruce Maccabee through FOIA back in the 80's.  I think he included it in his book "UFO / FBI Connection".  Old news.  There have been numerous books written on Aztec and Rendlesham.  What she does is interview all these people over the phone, records it all, then goes back and edits it to fit her story.  Ever hear her interview with Michio Kaku on C2C?  It was so obviously edited to fit her context and to support her conclusions that I'm really surprised Kaku didn't go after her publicly.  Too bad, her early work was good stuff, A Strange Harvest, etc.

You may have hit on something, fysisist.  Maybe this is why they NEED an audience change and don't mind us longtimers leaving at all!  You are brilliant! 

It does make sense.  Nothing really new in ghosts, paranormal, cryptozoology, no evidence, just a few documents, so can't really make a show out of a snow cone, y'know?  BUT if you have a new audience, well it's all new to them!

Anagrammy

rkowna

Quote from: anagrammy on May 09, 2011, 08:08:46 PM
You may have hit on something, fysisist.  Maybe this is why they NEED an audience change and don't mind us longtimers leaving at all!  You are brilliant! 

It does make sense.  Nothing really new in ghosts, paranormal, cryptozoology, no evidence, just a few documents, so can't really make a show out of a snow cone, y'know?  BUT if you have a new audience, well it's all new to them!

Anagrammy

She did the same show, almost to a person, with Art in 1997.  The Aztec stuff, Bentwaters.  Time for her to dial back the Thorazine.  She was running low the other night when she went on her tirade about the chupacabra investigator who had his mind already made up. 

anagrammy

I understand Premiere is trying to "widen" the topics and the audience for greater appeal.  Do you see this happening? 

Anagrammy

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on May 09, 2011, 08:04:03 PM
i think the whole paranormal thing has been done to death.  stick a fork in it.  unless someone finds some actual evidence

I suppose there is some truth to that. But considering Syfy is having pretty good luck with that pathetic excuse for investigation called Ghost Hunters. I would say there is still an audience out there.

Looking at the number of movies and TV that deal with vampirism/werewolves and the popularity of (the starting to be dated) xfiles and now fringe. I think there is still an awaiting audience for discussion of the unknown. Heck I am as jaded as they come when it comes to quasiscience, and yet I still start to mentally drool when I here the subjects of ancient astronauts or voices of the dead.

fysisist

Quote from: anagrammy on May 10, 2011, 09:25:12 AM
I understand Premiere is trying to "widen" the topics and the audience for greater appeal.  Do you see this happening? 

Anagrammy

If the show is really as popular as it apparently is (whatever that means), then I don't see why they would risk losing the core audience of uncritical thinkers, non-thinkers, and conspiracy buffs to a widened set of topics.  Noory can't even keep abreast of the current topics much less try to add something new.  Then again, "Tell me what's new with you", "Uh-huh", and "There are no coincidences..." can cover a lot of ground I suppose.

anagrammy

I'm just wondering if the lowered quality of the show doesn't represent a widening to reach a greater market, pandering to both sides, the scoffers and the believers, at the same time, i.e., regarding conspiracies in general.

"And they could be true!"

Which is frankly boring.  I would much rather hear Art's partisan comments, like when he would laugh out loud at some preposterous stuff and say, warmly,  "So is the new medicine kicking in yet?"  or, my personal favorite, "If the painting is a fake, then the whole time machine story is a fake, you can't have it both ways" (speaking of the Chronovisor time viewer)

Imagine that show without the titillating "I love all things Vatican" introduction.  You felt the dank moistness of the basement vault, you imagined torches on the walls, being lead to a secret room by a monk.  George's intro would have been "Time machine topic coming up, you don't want to miss it, so get ready for that."

And his reaction to the faked painting:  "Incredible"

Anagrammy

Scully

I don't buy the "There are only a limited number of paranormal stories to tell" theory. This past year, I listened in horror as Ian Punnett got really huffy with a caller who told him C2C should have more of them.

Are there not new and not-brand-new paranormal books lining the shelves at libraries and  Amazon.com?  Have people really quit seeing ghosts, Bigfoot, and UFO's?  Given half a chance, there seem to always be callers with new stories to tell.  When asked, people I know talk in hushed tones  about weird experiences they've had.   I've had a few such experiences myself.  Nobody has interviewed me.

While it's largely true that Linda Moulton Howe and others go back and rehash stories over and over again, I think that falls into the category of repeatedly using the same guests.  There are lots of people who aren't on George's rolodex, but someone would have to do some research to check out who they are and make a few calls -- not something the C2C crew seems eager to do.

Just because the paranormal continues to elude provenance, are we simply to shove it back into the bogey-man closet we're too afraid to open?  Spooky stuff has been around for a long, long time, and it continues to pop up every day of the year.  LMH's hackneyed adventures are just the tip of the iceberg. IMHO.  ;)

onan

Quote from: Scully on May 10, 2011, 10:52:14 PM
Just because the paranormal continues to elude provenance, are we simply to shove it back into the bogey-man closet we're too afraid to open?  Spooky stuff has been around for a long, long time, and it continues to pop up every day of the year.  LMH's hackneyed adventures are just the tip of the iceberg. IMHO.  ;)

No one is more of a skeptic than I am. But I am not so arrogant too suggest we understand it all. Nor do I think our understandings of science have all the answers. There are still many things we have no explanation.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Billy Shakes

fysisist

Quote from: Scully on May 10, 2011, 10:52:14 PM
I don't buy the "There are only a limited number of paranormal stories to tell" theory. This past year, I listened in horror as Ian Punnett got really huffy with a caller who told him C2C should have more of them.

Are there not new and not-brand-new paranormal books lining the shelves at libraries and  Amazon.com?  Have people really quit seeing ghosts, Bigfoot, and UFO's?  Given half a chance, there seem to always be callers with new stories to tell.  When asked, people I know talk in hushed tones  about weird experiences they've had.   I've had a few such experiences myself.  Nobody has interviewed me.

While it's largely true that Linda Moulton Howe and others go back and rehash stories over and over again, I think that falls into the category of repeatedly using the same guests.  There are lots of people who aren't on George's rolodex, but someone would have to do some research to check out who they are and make a few calls -- not something the C2C crew seems eager to do.

Agree, there are ongoing phenomena out there.  But as I think you suggest, GN and C2C don't seek out the guests that can discuss them.  Why?  Partly I think because Noory himself doesn't do anything to stay on top of current events in the paranormal topic, he relies on the same-old same-olds to inform him; i.e. Hoagland, Howe, etc.  And those old guard hacks either don't have the energy and motivation to go out and investigate the current happenings or, more likely, they are happy to keep sucking up what they can from the old material because it's easy and they already know it.  Or in the case of Hoagland, they just make it up as they go, hyper-dimensional physics, etc.  I only listen to Noory and his tired old guests because he's the only guy I can think of that I love to hate!  Picture this: I'm at home, cleaning the catbox or whatever, listening to streamlink, and cursing out Noory and whoever is on every few minutes, "what a moron", "nobody's that f'ing stupid", "I wish they would abduct your goofy uncritical ass...", etc, etc.  It passes the time.

anagrammy

I hope I didn't suggest that there were no more paranormal experiences out there.  I just think we are not hearing them on Coast.  When I asked when was the last time you heard a "breaking news" on a paranormal topic, I was not dissing paranormal topics, rather I was dissing Coast.

There is hot news out there and you can see it breaking on various websites, but Coast doesn't get the interviews.  So the question becomes, "Why is that?"  And our answer, of course, is:

Because GEORGE NOORY SUCKS.

Who wants to be taken seriously and then subject themselves to an interview by a person with a third grade education who might respond to your serious hypothesis with, "So, what's your favorite color?"  or "Didn't you grow up in Des Moines? Because I have a sister there and she..."

Anagrammy

fysisist

I can't really speak about all the topics that might fall under the heading of "paranormal", but I do follow the UFO news pretty closely.  As you can see if you go to the MUFON website, there are numerous reports every day.  The vast majority of them are lights in the sky, etc., pretty insignificant.  But there are some very interesting events from time to time.  George Knapp often brings this news to his periodic appearances on C2C.  In fact, Knapp makes the clown Noory look so bad that I can't believe Noory agrees to let him be on the same show.  But on the other hand he's probably never listened to the show when he isn't on, otherwise he would know how bad he sucks. 

3 million listen to Noory on a regular basis?  God, that's roughly 1% of the population.  No wonder everything is going to hell.

rkowna

Quote from: fysisist on May 11, 2011, 05:20:52 PM
I can't really speak about all the topics that might fall under the heading of "paranormal", but I do follow the UFO news pretty closely.  As you can see if you go to the MUFON website, there are numerous reports every day.  The vast majority of them are lights in the sky, etc., pretty insignificant.  But there are some very interesting events from time to time.  George Knapp often brings this news to his periodic appearances on C2C.  In fact, Knapp makes the clown Noory look so bad that I can't believe Noory agrees to let him be on the same show.  But on the other hand he's probably never listened to the show when he isn't on, otherwise he would know how bad he sucks. 

3 million listen to Noory on a regular basis?  God, that's roughly 1% of the population.  No wonder everything is going to hell.

The worst part is that 18  million, or 10%, listened to Art and fled in terror.  It makes me scared I stayed.  George's audience consits of New MExico police chiefs, meth heads, Appalachians, and tea partiers.  The 1% that listens and reports is not a worry.  It is the 2% who don't have accutrack who listen, don't report, and  believe Richard C Hoagland, Linda Mutton Chops, Dr. Judy Wood, and the rest of the Noory fan base who scare me. 

fysisist

Quote from: rkowna on May 11, 2011, 07:08:09 PM
It is the 2% who don't have accutrack who listen, don't report, and  believe Richard C Hoagland, Linda Mutton Chops, Dr. Judy Wood, and the rest of the Noory fan base who scare me.

Amen

Roger

'Investigative reporter' is a misnomer when anyone can anticipate what such
'reporter' is going to conclude ere she says a single word.

'Radio in the night' reduced to 'dogma': not that good a sell.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like to drink in the state of
of CURIOSITY.

When curiosity is short-changed into some forgone conclusion (always,
seemingly, reduced to 'advanced aliens' whom we MUST recognize to be
REALISTIC): curiosity, interest, intrique . . . NOT!

The apparent IRRESISTABLE urge is to come to a CONCLUSION.

Maybe typical. The primary complaint: We just got started! And yer done?

Weirdoradio

I woke up last night to hear this woman rambling on about alien abductions. I thought it was a really bad caller until my brain fog lifted and realized it was Linda. Dear God. The horror... THE HORROR.

fysisist

She's Georgie's female counterpart.  It's pretty obvious that all of her on-air stuff is scripted, she's reading from a script.  Same with the telephone interviews she does.  In fact, often it's obvious that she has edited the recorded telephone interviews to fit her storyline.  Maybe her and Georgie will hook up, as was suggested by some past caller, and bore each other to death and we can forget this sad and disturbing period of C2C ever happened. 

Harmness

Quote from: fysisist on May 29, 2011, 09:37:37 PM
Maybe her and Georgie will hook up, as was suggested by some past caller, and bore each other to death and we can forget this sad and disturbing period of C2C ever happened.

Hey!  I have that fantasy,  too!  Tell me, do you ever dream about a woman with a large adam's apple wearing a feather boa and...well, anyway, never mind.

Quote from: Roger on May 15, 2011, 03:20:04 AM
'Investigative reporter' is a misnomer when anyone can anticipate what such
'reporter' is going to conclude ere she says a single word.

^^^ this.

Roger

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 31, 2011, 08:12:06 AM
^^^ this.

That is an interesting way of saying 'mark this'.

I hope my statement isn't interpreted as being beastly.

Though having carped about Bell a lot, it seems pretty
obvious that he has both the gift of gab and very quick on
the uptake on certain subjects which in radio translates
to good compositional abilities.

I'm practically certain Bell studied topics about to be
discussed . . . without also being determined to bring in
some 'zingers' or compelling his interviews to being
like a debate . . . like punkit does so often.

And even when talking with a Howe or Strieber or RCH or
remote viewers other than Dames, his native uncertainty
permitted him to compose his thoughts at some variance
with their forgone conclusions.

Without that spark of curiosity and uncertainty, both,
no amount of prior study by an interviewer is going to be
much more than composition of points that are already to
be expected from their guests or reduction to a reversal of
what an 'interview' is supposedly going to be. IOW: the
host has a pulpit.

Yea?

Quote from: Roger on June 01, 2011, 02:27:19 AM
That is an interesting way of saying 'mark this'.

I hope my statement isn't interpreted as being beastly.

Not at all, I'm in total agreement with your statement

b_dubb

lmh is on the Ancient Aleins episode i'm watching.  she's had some really bad plastic surgery.  her mouth looks like the Joker's. 

JustOneFix

Quote from: b_dubb on June 10, 2011, 07:31:44 PM
lmh is on the Ancient Aleins episode i'm watching.  she's had some really bad plastic surgery.  her mouth looks like the Joker's.

I think she was in beauty contests back in the 1930s or something. Perhaps she's trying to keep that youthful image.  ::) :o

Hugo Fitch

I've a feeling Ian's the only host who hasn't tapped that.