• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mike Vara Reveals the Truth about DMDN?

Started by DoYouThinkItWasAngels, December 20, 2015, 01:56:02 AM

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 07, 2016, 10:07:35 PM
Got a summary?
Keith discusses his side.   They wanted Vara to stop having the "Yelly" man on his show.  You can get a sample of that guy from the End of Days show that is posted up above.   

Soylentblue

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 07, 2016, 10:12:43 PM
Keith discusses his side.   They wanted Vara to stop having the "Yelly" man on his show.  You can get a sample of that guy from the End of Days show that is posted up above.

DMN is sounding more and more like Coast having restrictions on what guests can and cannot say.

Soylentblue

Quote from: Faustina on January 04, 2016, 11:16:54 PM
I was always surprised Vara's show was picked as the lead-in to MITD.  I'm sure Vara is a fine human being, but he has no voice for radio.

How many other shows were supposed to be the lead? According to Rowland Howard Hughes was asked to be the lead in too.

boxman

Why has this not been mentioned yet?
QuoteI was told in my phone conversation with Art Bell that he had (in Sept) 11,500 subscribers and then proceeded to inform me that Richard Hoagland has (as of Sept) 7000 subscribers, do the math ! these guys are getting rich and while I have no problem with people  getting paid for their time,I do have a problem with people claiming they need money when in fact they do not,I also have a problem with people taking the money and running like Art did. Art planned this all along,his putting Heather in his place. He made his money fools !

GravitySucks

Quote from: boxman on January 10, 2016, 12:33:44 AM
I guess i must have missed it then.
Its a rant from someone with a pissed off attitude. Only the principals know what the costs were each month. Vara does a podcast which costs him virtually nothing. MITD had music royalties, payroll costs and distribution costs for both bandwidth and the satellite link service they subscribed too. I wouldn't call 60-70k gross income getting rich when you have to factor in all of the costs of airing the show. Shit, depending on the deal they got with paypal, there was a minimum of 3% taken off the top. And any profits they made as a business would have been taxed at nominal business rates, which I believe are 35%. Nobody got rich off this limited run. I think they are still covering costs, but only because they have reduced a lot of their costs. And I guarantee those subsriber numbers are no longer accurate (if they ever were).

Quote from: Soylentblue on January 08, 2016, 01:44:07 PM
How many other shows were supposed to be the lead? According to Rowland Howard Hughes was asked to be the lead in too.

I guess that is like being given Bellgab "Turbo Mode", but for Keith Rowland to give to DMDN hosts.

Soylentblue

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 10, 2016, 12:43:22 AM
Its a rant from someone with a pissed off attitude. Only the principals know what the costs were each month. Vara does a podcast which costs him virtually nothing. MITD had music royalties, payroll costs and distribution costs for both bandwidth and the satellite link service they subscribed too. I wouldn't call 60-70k gross income getting rich when you have to factor in all of the costs of airing the show. Shit, depending on the deal they got with paypal, there was a minimum of 3% taken off the top. And any profits they made as a business would have been taxed at nominal business rates, which I believe are 35%. Nobody got rich off this limited run. I think they are still covering costs, but only because they have reduced a lot of their costs. And I guarantee those subsriber numbers are no longer accurate (if they ever were).

That's right. Only the principals know the cost. Just as you DO NOT know what subscriber numbers are or what DMN cost were. Purely speculation and nut hugging.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 07, 2016, 10:12:43 PM

Yelly guy is legit,  maybe a bit on the nutty side yes but he did work directly with hoaggy.

Quote from: username on January 10, 2016, 03:07:59 PM

Yelly guy is legit,  maybe a bit on the nutty side yes but he did work directly with hoaggy.

Let's hope he is legit.   Would hate for all that Sound and Fury to be for naught.   Never
could really figure out what his beef was.  It came across as an Elegant Elliott type melt
down.   Guess I can hit the googler and poke around and read up on it.   

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 10, 2016, 03:32:34 PM
Let's hope he is legit.   Would hate for all that Sound and Fury to be for naught.   Never
could really figure out what his beef was.  It came across as an Elegant Elliott type melt
down.   Guess I can hit the googler and poke around and read up on it.

Love that you know who the elegant one is.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 06, 2016, 04:46:57 PM
Thanks! That fills in the missing piece.  I'll give the show another listen in the
future.   Hopefully, you won't have some dude calling into the show from a bar or have
the guest going all Frank Costanza and threatening to beat ass on a caller [not that the
toad didn't deserve it].

Essentially the whole LNM|DMDN thing is a demented Young and the Restless episode, so I
am going to mosey on down the road.

I run a wild show.

Marada

yo bellgab.

i've been reading the forums for years and decided i had to post on this one.

let me start with my story as boring as it is i'll try to shorten it. in early 2014 shortly after art's drama with xm i was searching for a show similar to the subject matters covered by art i stumbled across lnm on youtube. i listened for awhile and although not nearly as eloquent as art or pretty much anyone else i kept listening to michael vara. he seemed different and in my mind equated to interesting so i kept listening.
after a year or so of casual listening on youtube i decided i would join the lnm community so went into the lnm chatroom and everyone in there was warm and inviting. i thought to myself great i've found a home for the paranormal. i started going more and more often and eventually became a mainstay during most of 2015. when art came back to the radio i found myself not going nearly as much. michael's show just seemed like a waste of time with art back. up until art's return i hadn't noticed how much of an art wannabe michael was. it didn't register in my mind art has an internet radio network so then mike had to have one. art had the time travelers so mike had to give his subscribers a name "late nighters" and after awhile of noticing small quirks in his behavior which mirrored art's i decided why am i wasting my time with this wannabe clown when i can listen to the real thing. with art now gone and again searching for a new show or shows i decided i would give lnm one more chance before moving on. that was my mistake. i started going back to the chatroom and the warm inviting people i had known before in that short time became the worst examples of internet trolls i have ever come across. i started getting my computer hacked i started getting insulting private messages in their chatroom. i'm not a tech sort of person so i decided i would take my computer to someone i know in law enforcement that works on the tech side of things. he did some tests on my computer and concluded the hack attacks were coming from users in that chatroom. when i found this out i was disheartened all i ever wanted was a place i could call home. during my last couple of months there in the chatroom i would link to my soundcloud page to get feedback on my music the attacks seemed to begin when i started doing this. a few of the moderators started bugging mike to get him to use some of my music for bumper music i was a little put off by this since that was never my intention. i emailed him the link to the page and told him he could use any of it he wanted if it fit the show. he told me it didn't really fit and i was totally fine with that. since i had only been making this sort of music for a few months i don't think it's all that great to begin with certainly not good enough to be played as bumper music on the radio. come to find out the moderators that had been pushing him to check me out are musicians themselves and i can only speculate were jealous of what i was making and had to get me out of the way. reading what i just typed makes me laugh because the music really isn't that good i can only imagine how terrible they must be. so i decided before moving on i would let mike know what happened to me. another mistake. he was standoffish defensive and pretty much told me to not let the door hit me on the way out. i am writing this not so much for myself but for the people that were in my position that may be looking for something to fill the void of art not being there. all i can say is if you're not computer savvy if you go in thinking the lnm community is what it is sold as you'll be greatly disappointed or even hacked. you're better off finding a different show.

tom

trostol

Quote from: Marada on January 17, 2016, 01:10:49 PM
yo bellgab.

let me start with my story as boring as it is i'll try to shorten it. in early 2014 shortly after art's drama with xm i was searching for a show similar to the subject matters covered by art i stumbled across lnm on youtube. i listened for awhile and although not nearly as eloquent as art or pretty much anyone else i kept listening to michael vara. he seemed different and in my mind equated to interesting so i kept listening.
after a year or so of casual listening on youtube i decided i would join the lnm community so went into the lnm chatroom and everyone in there was warm and inviting. i thought to myself great i've found a home for the paranormal. i started going more and more often and eventually became a mainstay during most of 2015. when art came back to the radio i found myself not going nearly as much. michael's show just seemed like a waste of time with art back. up until art's return i hadn't noticed how much of an art wannabe michael was. it didn't register in my mind art has an internet radio network so then mike had to have one. art had the time travelers so mike had to give his subscribers a name "late nighters" and after awhile of noticing small quirks in his behavior which mirrored art's i decided why am i wasting my time with this wannabe clown when i can listen to the real thing. with art now gone and again searching for a new show or shows i decided i would give lnm one more chance before moving on. that was my mistake. i started going back to the chatroom and the warm inviting people i had known before in that short time became the worst examples of internet trolls i have ever come across. i started getting my computer hacked i started getting insulting private messages in their chatroom. i'm not a tech sort of person so i decided i would take my computer to someone i know in law enforcement that works on the tech side of things. he did some tests on my computer and concluded the hack attacks were coming from users in that chatroom. when i found this out i was disheartened all i ever wanted was a place i could call home. during my last couple of months there in the chatroom i would link to my soundcloud page to get feedback on my music the attacks seemed to begin when i started doing this. a few of the moderators started bugging mike to get him to use some of my music for bumper music i was a little put off by this since that was never my intention. i emailed him the link to the page and told him he could use any of it he wanted if it fit the show. he told me it didn't really fit and i was totally fine with that. since i had only been making this sort of music for a few months i don't think it's all that great to begin with certainly not good enough to be played as bumper music on the radio. come to find out the moderators that had been pushing him to check me out are musicians themselves and i can only speculate were jealous of what i was making and had to get me out of the way. reading what i just typed makes me laugh because the music really isn't that good i can only imagine how terrible they must be. so i decided before moving on i would let mike know what happened to me. another mistake. he was standoffish defensive and pretty much told me to not let the door hit me on the way out. i am writing this not so much for myself but for the people that were in my position that may be looking for something to fill the void of art not being there. all i can say is if you're not computer savvy if you go in thinking the lnm community is what it is sold as you'll be greatly disappointed or even hacked. you're better off finding a different show.

tom

can i get the tldr version?

Faustina

Frankly, I was never impressed by Mike Vara.  Even his voice is dumb.  Could never understand why he got such a plumb spot on the DMDN schedule (another mistake). 

kingotnw

I don't see why any if this matters. Art, his executive producet, and one of his good friends that he brings with him make a lot of money doing radio?!?! Oh no! Not that! What a shocker! Come on, this is ridiculous. We are all adults here. We all know that in life you will most likely maximize your earnings if possible. If not you're sort of an idiot for not doing so. Hoagland's show doesn't even have on air sponsors for Christ sake. Him being paid well by Keith and Art should not be a surprise either, as like him or not, having Richard after Art round out the feeling of having everyone back together.

I'm quite certain this guy is right that those three make a lot of money. But him hinting at Art being overly consumed with making money and then Art leaving the air is yet another silly thing. Lastly, this guy was plugging himself moving exclusively to a different network. Why in the hell would Keith want him talking about that and pecking away at his audience, particularly right after they just took a hit of likely listeners and subscribers in the 6-7 figure range? He would yank him, which is exactly what happened. To me, it sounds far more likely that this guy had to take a massive pay cut and was pissed about it, so he was making a stink while taking his toys and going home. Whatever.

I'm glad everyone was making money. As much as people not want to admit it, that's the goal, to be successful. It's just too bad that wasn't enough to keep Art on. We will never know the inner workings of what went on. Its unrealistic to expect it. This isn't a government conspiracy, this is a business with confidentiality agreements in place. As they should be.

Refunds were offered even though they were not deserved. Nobody here has anything to complain about in terms of money. Nobody.

Marada

i personally don't care if art made money i don't care if keith made money i don't care who makes money. the more people make money the more it means i can make money. what mike is upset about is that he's not making any and wants to use his platform to seem righteous. he is not righteous and is not what he appears to be. the following are my email exchanges with the great mr. vara. again not very interesting but i think people should know the truth.

"i emailed you before and sent a link to my soundcloud page. My offer still stands if you would like to use any of my music feel free to do so. If it doesn't fit with the show no hard feelings. i'm emailing you to let you know my privacy has been invaded by someone in the lnm chatroom and i won't be coming back. i'll still listen to the show in other ways and donate on occasion since i think you do have an excellent show but won't be involved in any way with the lnm community. take care and keep up the great work."

he then emailed me and asked something like how has your privacy been invaded. i deleted this email because i just wanted to move on. i thought my email would suffice but apparently not. i then get this.

"No answer just as I figured." to which i responded.

"i'm not a tech type of guy. you might ask (i took their names out as to not include them in a personal matter) how it could be done. all i know is i took my computer to a buddy and the site for the chatroom kept coming up. that's all i need to move on. my name is in the header for this email and (again to protect a very nice person) has my physical address. i'm not one to tuck tail and run but i won't sit around and have my computer messed with for the sake of entertainment. in addition to that this isn't even my computer. i share one with my girlfriend who has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair. this is her main way of connecting with family and the outside world. i won't do anything to hurt her because some tech nerds want to play."

his response:

"My friend you are paranoid and any issues you have is your doing not ours. Good riddens. Dude cry me a river. Good bye already"

i concluded with.

"that's what you're going to go with man? i've been listening for years."

so i don't know maybe i'm missing something here but doesn't sound like the righteous michael vara everyone heard on dark matter that night or in the following days having listened to the full clip. maybe i'm just too small for him to be concerned over? or maybe he knows all about members of his chatroom being harassed i don't know.

anunnaki

Quote from: Faustina on January 17, 2016, 03:23:30 PM
Frankly, I was never impressed by Mike Vara.  Even his voice is dumb.  Could never understand why he got such a plumb spot on the DMDN schedule (another mistake).

Is he the one that thinks "anywayS" is a word and keeps repeating it as often as he can ?

yo bellgab.

tom

Hey man,

I was tempted to join in on the fun in the Chatzy powered chatroom over there at LNM but never did.   I'm glad, as apparently there are some pretty high powered nefarious dudes hanging out in there.  I wouldn't want to see my rig hacked into.

Thanks for the heads up.   

Tinfoil_Helm

yo bellgab.

I actually read this whole thing.  Interesting and, yeah, pretty fucked up if people from a massage board are launching cyber attacks at others.  Come to think of it, Veracosa does sound like the kinda guy that would love leading a flock of hacker trolls.  One more reason that it sucks that Art bailed because clowns like this get a shot at Art's table scraps.

Quote from: Marada on January 17, 2016, 03:07:11 PM
exactly!
I didn't quote your first post, because it was too long. Vara lost me when he was speaking about the blood moon, and pronounced "reddening" as "re-ding-ding".
No shit.

p.s. Before I leave this subject forever, may I mention that Vara now charges for the second half of his show, because people were "stealing his stuff", which I don't have a problem with, but he does it by having Ira Robinson break in the middle of a sentence with a notice to that effect . In my opinion there are other programs worth paying for such as End Of Days Radio, which is free, and "Caravan to Midnight", which is a subscription site.

Quote from: Original Larry on January 18, 2016, 04:37:35 PM
p.s. Before I leave this subject forever, may I mention that Vara now charges for the second half of his show, because people were "stealing his stuff", which I don't have a problem with, but he does it by having Ira Robinson break in the middle of a sentence with a notice to that effect . In my opinion there are other programs worth paying for such as End Of Days Radio, which is free, and "Caravan to Midnight", which is a subscription site.

Jesus Larry......   Take me with you

Quote from: Original Larry on January 18, 2016, 04:37:35 PM

Checking out End of Days radio now, cheers.

Corona Kitty

endofdaysradio.com live every saturday night http://streams.museter.com:2199/tunein/endofdays.pls

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change.

EODR is either the third best or the best, show on the internet, according to TODD, who should know, since he has a friend who stopped WWIII, and is the best guitarist in the world.