• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jim Marrs - mostly a turd

Started by HAL 9000, August 31, 2011, 10:58:43 PM

HAL 9000

For the most part, he's a bombastic turd.

I happened to hear him very briefly last night, promoting some book called The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy

Amazon wants $24.40 for the book... or you can download it for FREE in either audiobook or eBook format.

Audiobook: http://tinyurl.com/3h7hrtf
eBook: http://tinyurl.com/3owf3cq

[attachment deleted by admin]

Eddie Coyle

The JFK stuff was so good...the past 20 years or so...uh,pretty whacko.

Ron Paul wants us to "be like 1900"...I guess he's nostalgic for his childhood. Another Tejas loon.

ourobouros2k2

I used to like uncle Jim, particularly enjoyed Alien Agenda and Rule by Secrecy. That being said, the way he was practically fellating George last night was sickening to listen to and he just hit my shit list. Total sellout.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 31, 2011, 11:37:37 PMThe JFK stuff was so good...

I am far from a conspiracy theorist, but the entire JFK thing does intrigue me, and I'll admit Marrs has some interesting musings about JFK.

But similar to "Little Dick" Hoaxland, they both can take a few facts, and twist them into getting people to pay for conferences, books, etc. Professional shills/frauds/hucksters - which is why I offer whatever works of theirs I can find for FREE. :)

(my sig has a few resources as well)

Morgus

Quote from: HAL 9000 on August 31, 2011, 10:58:43 PMI happened to hear him very briefly last night, promoting some book called The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy
you listened to Noory? what made you leave Nervana to return to Nooryana? :o

Avi

Quote from: HAL 9000 on September 01, 2011, 12:03:30 AM
(my sig has a few resources as well)

Yes, thank-you. I am now chuckling along to The Rise of the Fourth Reich, and  I will add The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy to my chuckle-fest. So far, it's all very Lyndon La Rouche, with the Bavarian Illuminati and Adam Weishaupt and the Rothschild family. Same old, same old. Can we get some new crazy conspiracy theory here? I know he's nodded to David Icke and Erich von Daniken with his tales of alien conspiracy, but I think he just ripped them off when he saw that Icke's shit was selling and that Icke was doing well on the lecture circuit. 

rangers1919

I think last night did it for me, I might be done completely w/ Noory shows. Just because two things can be jammed into the same sentence doesn't mean they are part of the same idiotic conspiracy. This guy is less scrupulous in building a conspiracy than Ventura's Conspiracy Theories show was.

Gassy Man

He is approaching turd-i-tude . . . the thing is he sounds articulate and convincing and in many ways makes for a better host in this regard than George, but one has to temper that with the fact that much of what comes out of his face is utter and shameless horseshit that I wouldn't even spread on my worst enemy's sorghum field . . . not that I have said enemy (yet).

alejandro

On The Road with Alex Jones & Jim Marrs: The Banksters Authoritarian Control Grid 1/3
On The Road with Alex Jones & Jim Marrs: The Banksters Authoritarian Control Grid 2/3
On The Road with Alex Jones & Jim Marrs: The Banksters Authoritarian Control Grid 3/3
I like Jim Marrs. The difference between him and coastgab readers is, that Jim is a cook because he reads lots of government documents and book, and coastgab readers are cooks, because they believe any crap on CNN/Fox/etc without any proof.

BobGrau

I'd love to see Jim Marrs and Lionel Fanthorpe in some sort of wrestling match to the death.
Assuming guns aren't allowed, my money's on Lionel.

EDIT: Both dressed as Santa Claus, I forgot to mention that bit.

Avi

Quote from: alejandro on February 20, 2012, 04:07:36 AM
I like Jim Marrs. The difference between him and coastgab readers is, that Jim is a cook because he reads lots of government documents and book, and coastgab readers are cooks, because they believe any crap on CNN/Fox/etc without any proof.

That's me, waiting for the Great Illuminati Recipe Exchange: Lionel Fanthorpe's Springheel Jack Salad is sure to be delicious. As for CNN and Fox, I believe that Anderson Cooper is not much of a cook:

Jamie Oliver Teaches Anderson How to Cook a Turkey

Eddie Coyle

Has a single Jim Marrs prognostication even approached reality?

"North American Union" by 2010.
          "There would be no presidential election in 2008"

Increasingly deranged with age, and every foolish theory he promulgates only discredits his oeuvre. Even the JFK stuff, which was Marrs' peak all those years ago.

McPhallus

Douche.

Ben Shockley

I used to like Marrs; I found him to be a good story-spinning showman like Hoagland.  So it was ironic that it was an appearance by him, on with Noory, that finally made me cancel my Streamlink subscription back in 2010.

Genial Uncle Jim is, after all, "a good ol' boy," and give one of those guys enough room, and a racist will usually be revealed.*   Feeling his oats on the air with Inattentive George, he was waxing racist on Pres. Obama in a wink-wink, he-ain't-one-of-us kind of way, while Georgie the Abetter --knowing that NO impression he might make on listeners could possibly be worse than taking issue over anything with a guest-- winked along and inserted periodically only an assenting "um-HMM!"  Pissed me off at both of them.   I cancelled Streamlink and fired off an angry e-mail at Noory the next day (said e-mail, of course, having no effect other than catharsis).

...Well, that cancellation had been coming for a while by then.   I just hadn't taken the time to find free alternatives.   Which, let me take this opportunity to again urge everyone else to do.

* Yes, I know what I'm talking about.  A White male, born in and long-time resident of Alabama, is perceived as a "safe audience," and gets to hear it all.

BobGrau

Quote from: Ben Shockley on February 20, 2012, 04:01:47 PM

* Yes, I know what I'm talking about.  A White male, born in and long-time resident of Alabama, is perceived as a "safe audience," and gets to hear it all.

I can't comment on the interview you're talking about, but I can surely empathise with the above quote.

Eddie Coyle

Opposed to Alex Jones listeners who are erudite, rational and freethinkers.  ;D   The aluminum industry will always be in the black due to the tin foil hat brigade that is the Alex Jones Show listener.

Shuffling a bunch of Xeroxed paper doesn't make something a "government document". The old Alex Jones trick, spout any bullshit and wave paper stating it's fact.

Alex Jones, 300 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag.

Avi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 20, 2012, 10:52:52 PM
      Opposed to Alex Jones listeners who are erudite, rational and freethinkers.  ;D   The aluminum industry will always be in the black due to the tin foil hat brigade that is the Alex Jones Show listener.

Shuffling a bunch of Xeroxed paper doesn't make something a "government document". The old Alex Jones trick, spout any bullshit and wave paper stating it's fact.

Alex Jones, 300 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag.

Yeah, I think turds, in general, are an inspiration to each other.

b_dubb

marrs, jones, hoagland, dames ... our bowl overfloweth with turds.  thanks premrad.

alejandro

Quote from: McPhallus on February 20, 2012, 10:40:35 AM
Douche.
just to prove my point - I guess you believe that "Osama got Obama". Did we get *any* proof? ANYTHING?
Not that I know of. All we got was like 10 different versions of the same crappy tale of the Seal Team Adventures to make you "feel good" to be an American and proud.

b_dubb

Quote from: alejandro on February 21, 2012, 03:09:55 AM"Osama got Obama"

another unfounded conspiracy theory brought to you by captain dubious

alejandro

lol, spelling got me there, but it's crazy anyway that they only differ by 1 char.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Ben Shockley on February 20, 2012, 04:01:47 PM
Genial Uncle Jim is, after all, "a good ol' boy," and give one of those guys enough room, and a racist will usually be revealed.*   Feeling his oats on the air with Inattentive George, he was waxing racist on Pres. Obama in a wink-wink, he-ain't-one-of-us kind of way

Yes, I know what I'm talking about.
I doubt it. There's likely not a racist bone in his body. Of course, I'm not one to jump to the unfounded conclusion that each criticism of Obama, from a White Southerner, is an expression of inherent racism. Unfortunately, we have an abundance of "progressive" Joe McCarthys and witch-hunters. c'est la vie

McPhallus

What do YOU think happened?

Quote from: alejandro on February 21, 2012, 03:09:55 AM
just to prove my point - I guess you believe that "Osama got Obama". Did we get *any* proof? ANYTHING?
Not that I know of. All we got was like 10 different versions of the same crappy tale of the Seal Team Adventures to make you "feel good" to be an American and proud.

alejandro

Quote from: McPhallus on February 21, 2012, 09:21:28 PM
What do YOU think happened?
I think Osama died in late 2001 or early 2002 from his illnesses (Marfan Syndrome, Kidneys).
All the Osama videos that got released after 2001 are fakes, ranging from a completely different person in one case to videos that look highly doctored with computer graphics - even having the Al-Sahab logo in the same videolayer as the US-intelcenter logo (who released the videos) - which really proves that they did not "distribute" the video, but create it.

People who said he died in 2001 include CFR member Dr. Steve Pieczenik, Madeline Albright, Hamid Gul (ISS General), Benazir Bhutto (assassinated Prime Minister of Pakistan).

Obama was kept "virtually alive" because even dead he served the purpose of providing a bogeyman/specter - a prominent enemy to justify US militarism up to 2011, when they finally decided to "kill" him, because it was getting too obvious that he was DEAD, and the new enemy they are now using is "white Al Qaeda" - basically anyone critical of Globalism in Europe and the US.

There's also a video on youtube from Pakistani TV where they interviewed locals, allegedly (since I dont speak Pakistani) saying that the guy in that compound was in no way Osama.

So I base my opinion on evidence and circumstantial evidence, while followers of the official line basically take Obama's word as proof.

Scrody

Quote from: alejandro on February 22, 2012, 03:21:07 AM
(meh, pffft... probably right and who cares)

Obama was kept "virtually alive" because. . .

I love this place  ;D

alejandro

Quote from: Scrody on February 23, 2012, 11:20:00 PM
I love this place  ;D
i have a spelling problem with Osama and Obama :)
But who knows, maybe OBama is indeed also a Zombie, since he's also a puppet.

b_dubb

the cajones have spoken.  and alejandro must obey.  maybe if you washed your juevos once in a while you could start thinking clearly

Ben Shockley

In response to my describing my reactions to a show with Marrs and Noory back in 2010--
Quote from: Jethro Capone on February 21, 2012, 08:04:20 PM...Unfortunately, we have an abundance of "progressive" Joe McCarthys and witch-hunters. c'est la vie
If that was for me, Jethro, thank you for classifying me.  I wasn't sure what I was.
Nevertheless, I was describing my perception of  Marrs (and Noory) in that show, with particular regard to how it was the proverbial straw that finally made me cancel Streamlink.   Even we McCarthyite witch-hunters get to have perceptions and act on them.  C'est la vie.   I suppose if you had the power Jethro, as an Arbiter of Perceptions and a true defender of free speech, you would have forced me to continue the subscription, or at least to never reveal my perceptions of that show.   I suppose you would describe those as the truly open-minded courses of action.

You, Jethro, are totally free to buy an extra subscription of "Coast Insider" to make up for my consumer bigotry, and to notify Marrs that you have done so in his honor.  Or maybe you've done those already?

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Ben Shockley on February 24, 2012, 06:51:58 PM
Jethro, thank you for classifying me.  I wasn't sure what I was.
I suppose if you had the power Jethro, as an Arbiter of Perceptions and a true defender of free speech, you would have forced me to continue the subscription, or at least to never reveal my perceptions of that show.   I suppose you would describe those as the truly open-minded courses of action.

You, Jethro, are totally free to buy an extra subscription of "Coast Insider" to make up for my consumer bigotry, and to notify Marrs that you have done so in his honor.  Or maybe you've done those already?

You're welcome. Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, incorrect and misguided as it may be. ;-) As for the strawman, you have me all wrong. Unlike leftist pressure groups, I don't try to limit the choices of people who don't agree with me. I'll pass on the subscription to Coast Insider, though, since I'm not *that* much of a masochist. The Noory-hosted aural version of Coast is painful enough. OTOH, I bought and read five great books by Jim Marrs. Oddly enough, there wasn't one racist comment in any of them (go figure).

Ben Shockley

I reported here my perception that on a specific occasion, Marrs evidenced what I considered a racist attitude toward the specific person of President Obama.  Jethro Capone has decided that my perception
Quote from: Jethro Capone on February 25, 2012, 01:35:26 AM
incorrect and misguided as it may be
must be invalidated.  Toward that end, he adduced this "killer proof:"

Quote from: Jethro Capone on February 25, 2012, 01:35:26 AMI bought and read five great books by Jim Marrs. Oddly enough, there wasn't one racist comment in any of them.
Do the subject matter and methods of exposition in those books lend themselves to revealing feelings that Marrs may have about Pres. Obama but may otherwise conceal?   In other words, are those books written for an audience to whom Marrs would reveal any racist attitude he might have toward Pres. Obama?
Remember that it was my conclusion (alluded to in my original post on this) that Marrs got carried away with himself on the night in question and let slip some sarcasm and derision that he might not do in every setting.   I never suggested that he was a flaming, in-your-face Klansman; I only ever implied that his racism would be subtle and latent.
So: is it your opinion Jethro, and would a reasonable reader conclude, that your five great books are venues through which Marrs would be likely to reveal otherwise-latent --and probably otherwise-hidden-- racism toward Pres. Obama?
Because if not, your killer proof has precisely as much probative value  as citing a lack of racist commentary in five cookbooks as proof that Julia Child was not a racist.